Sawce's Toy Car

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:20 pm

And you're thinking of tripling down in price to get a newer variant? Why though? You're barely driving the thing. TO each their own, but I kind of hate owning shit I don't use. In a dream world, :tits: would just drive a :manuel: and I'd love to one car household it with a Hype R or something. She actually drives almost every day though, even though she could take the train or bike to work in about the same time, not all that interested in doing so.
The E is going unused…. :(

I wish I didn’t have to drive so much for work. And I wish people who bought $1.0M+ homes didn’t judge me for driving a sick rust free TJ.
Still weird to me that people would care…. I guess they don’t perceive you as ‘successful’ in an old car but that is dumb. It’s an enthusiast vehicle.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:37 pm

I wish I didn’t have to drive so much for work. And I wish people who bought $1.0M+ homes didn’t judge me for driving a sick rust free TJ.
Still weird to me that people would care…. I guess they don’t perceive you as ‘successful’ in an old car but that is dumb. It’s an enthusiast vehicle.
The TJ is the ultimate commuter. Traffic backed up, take the grass. Zombie apocalypse? Good luck in the 86! Guaranteed you take Allison’s wrangler!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

And you're thinking of tripling down in price to get a newer variant? Why though? You're barely driving the thing. TO each their own, but I kind of hate owning shit I don't use. In a dream world, :tits: would just drive a :manuel: and I'd love to one car household it with a Hype R or something. She actually drives almost every day though, even though she could take the train or bike to work in about the same time, not all that interested in doing so.

10M homes here have a Prius outside. TJ is cool no matter what the house price point.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:52 pm

The TJ is the ultimate commuter. Traffic backed up, take the grass. Zombie apocalypse? Good luck in the 86! Guaranteed you take Allison’s wrangler!
Jeeps are nice in the city, very short and easy to park/turn in tight spaces, plus curb hopping abilities if needed.

I guess B2B sales is kind of different, but I've never had anyone GAF about what I rolled up in, which has been everything from BMW to 86 to Prius to Alfa Romeo to Mustang Convertible to Elantra. I've gotten compliments on quite a few things like 'is that a Camaro? That's cool'.

I guess if I rolled up in a GT3 it might raise some eyebrows.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:49 pm

10M homes here have a Prius outside. TJ is cool no matter what the house price point.
People think I’m poor!! Which I like to live like I am! I used to have an old Silverado (6 speed auto that Paul Menards couldn’t drive) and I had someone literally tell me that I couldn’t be their agent if I was driving such a cheap car… pride hurt
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:38 am
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:52 pm

Jeeps are nice in the city, very short and easy to park/turn in tight spaces, plus curb hopping abilities if needed.

I guess B2B sales is kind of different, but I've never had anyone GAF about what I rolled up in, which has been everything from BMW to 86 to Prius to Alfa Romeo to Mustang Convertible to Elantra. I've gotten compliments on quite a few things like 'is that a Camaro? That's cool'.

I guess if I rolled up in a GT3 it might raise some eyebrows.
They’ll never tell you to your face. Just like you judge everyone else’s car you interact with, they do the same. It’s like racism, the strongest racism is silent, not spoken
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think in my line of work, too nice would be more of an issue. 'If they're paying you that much, we could probably get these products cheaper somewhere else' kind of thing.

Most people don't really see what I'm rolling up in as it's usually in an office park of sorts versus pulling in the driveway of a home. I think only 50% or less of the population even notices cars though.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:10 pm

Yes, those 3. My commute isn't terrible by american standards, about 30 miles a day round trip. Miata gets driven every couple weeks to work or curvy road.
Well here is the thing, i need to do 5-10 small projects on it that all take a day. Timing belt, starter, shocks on rear being the big ones. So I dont trust it much right now. When i get a newer one i'll split duty with the bmw so it will get driven 3-4 times a week.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:32 am

Well here is the thing, i need to do 5-10 small projects on it that all take a day. Timing belt, starter, shocks on rear being the big ones. So I dont trust it much right now. When i get a newer one i'll split duty with the bmw so it will get driven 3-4 times a week.
:notbad: Seems worth it if you'd use it more often. :iono: though, MSM in orange is very rare/cool whereas an ND is kind of dime a dozen.

I wish I fit in an NB, I'd be kind of tempted to buy it off you and just live the :scrooge: life. Having a nice car is kind of dumb.
max225

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:34 am
max225 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:49 pm

People think I’m poor!! Which I like to live like I am! I used to have an old Silverado (6 speed auto that Paul Menards couldn’t drive) and I had someone literally tell me that I couldn’t be their agent if I was driving such a cheap car… pride hurt
My agent drives a 2007 Nissan quest with 180k miles who I helped changed the rear shocks on.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It's interesting as everyone knows how much real estate agents get paid pretty much. So I guess the thinking is if you're rocking a $10K vehicle, you don't have experience selling other $1 million+ homes? Still kind of dumb... Everyone has different priorities and spends their money on different things, :whocares:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:18 am It's interesting as everyone knows how much real estate agents get paid pretty much. So I guess the thinking is if you're rocking a $10K vehicle, you don't have experience selling other $1 million+ homes? Still kind of dumb... Everyone has different priorities and spends their money on different things, :whocares:
It’s probably my constant cussing and fuckboy attitude too that drives them away. Not just the jeep
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:18 am It's interesting as everyone knows how much real estate agents get paid pretty much. So I guess the thinking is if you're rocking a $10K vehicle, you don't have experience selling other $1 million+ homes? Still kind of dumb... Everyone has different priorities and spends their money on different things, :whocares:
It’s probably my constant cussing and fuckboy attitude too that drives them away. Not just the jeep
Your vibe works well for the working poor though! Like me, Carl, Maxx, etc.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:27 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:17 pm

Your vibe works well for the working poor though! Like me, Carl, Maxx, etc.
Hahaha! Got a great job offer this morning. Like dream job with plenty of upward mobility….. it’s in Greensboro :( :eeyore: :aintcare:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Mileage update: 193 miles over two weeks at 26.5mpg. Had some freeway miles this time with that trip out the the bbq spot.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Lots of rich people drive 10 year old civics and the like. Atleast for their daily commute.

After working at a hotel. I had a couple wearing balenciaga, gucci and shit and their cards decline. Ive seen/witnessed these several times to keep up appearances. Then we had this one couple, has louis vuitton, pulling up in an x5 that looks like well taken care of. When in reality, that x5 has over 100k miles with a CEL and abs light. How did I know this? Cause one of the valet members accidentally opened the trunk which hit the ceiling, which broke the window. Me and one of the valet bros were talking and showed me a pic of the dash and how rough the car was.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:50 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:32 am

:notbad: Seems worth it if you'd use it more often. :iono: though, MSM in orange is very rare/cool whereas an ND is kind of dime a dozen.

I wish I fit in an NB, I'd be kind of tempted to buy it off you and just live the :scrooge: life. Having a nice car is kind of dumb.
Yea thats the other thing - I don't fit great. I squeeze in there, but its not what i'd call comfortable. The NA definitely had a bit more room, and the ND is spacious by comparison. Fitting all all is a big win because when I was fat I couldn't fit at all.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:35 pm Mileage update: 193 miles over two weeks at 26.5mpg. Had some freeway miles this time with that trip out the the bbq spot.
Still hitting dat boost
max225

I came in here to say... I kinda miss my mini. It was a great little car and the only vehicle out of the last 7 that I owed that I regret selling....
That said.... I would have 0 use for it nowadays
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:32 pm I came in here to say... I kinda miss my mini. It was a great little car and the only vehicle out of the last 7 that I owed that I regret selling....
I could see that for sure. I got that car seat fully installed in here. It just barely fits behind the passenger seat with the passenger seat slid all the way up. Michelle can fit there still, but it’s tight. Luckily we shouldn’t ever need to drive with the three of us in here, but nice to know we can in a pinch. For baby and I cruising around without Michelle it will be totally fine, if a little annoying moving the car seat out from behind the passenger seat.

Will snag some pics and post them up.
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:35 pm Mileage update: 193 miles over two weeks at 26.5mpg. Had some freeway miles this time with that trip out the the bbq spot.
Still hitting dat boost
I can’t help it
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:59 pm
max225 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:32 pm I came in here to say... I kinda miss my mini. It was a great little car and the only vehicle out of the last 7 that I owed that I regret selling....
I could see that for sure. I got that car seat fully installed in here. It just barely fits behind the passenger seat with the passenger seat slid all the way up. Michelle can fit there still, but it’s tight. Luckily we shouldn’t ever need to drive with the three of us in here, but nice to know we can in a pinch. For baby and I cruising around without Michelle it will be totally fine, if a little annoying moving the car seat out from behind the passenger seat.

In4pics. Allison is pregnant again! So I’m curious if a seat would fit in the 86 with the passenger seat in the dash. I’m hoping there’s just no need at first.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:12 pm

In4pics. Allison is pregnant again! So I’m curious if a seat would fit in the 86 with the passenger seat in the dash. I’m hoping there’s just no need at first.
:ohdang:

It definitely does. Topher has some clips in some of the BRZ vids on his channel, but you can easily fit an infant seat in one. Once a kid goes rear-racing, though, that'll be a huge pain in the ass.
max225

Congrats ! Don’t worry about the car right now. You got more important things to solve for and you’ll be taking the suv with the kid anyways
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:48 pm

Congrats ! Don’t worry about the car right now. You got more important things to solve for and you’ll be taking the suv with the kid anyways
It’s always about the car sitch! I’m excited for me and :sawce: to rock babies in tiny cars together though :lolol: