2024 plac thread !

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 pm I bought another Corvette!

JK I'm cash broke as fuck and gas taxes keep skyrocketing causing inflationary issues and artificially high interest rates. *le-sigh*
:whalecum: back! Also there is a new 2025 camry... $40k and it's all yours :hubba:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:44 pm
:whalecum: back! Also there is a new 2025 camry... $40k and it's all yours :hubba:
Hey bro, yeah thanks for the warm reception! I just come and go occasionally when time allows.. It's nice to see how you guys are living. A lot of you are right where I was at six or seven years ago in respect to kids and stuff.

I think my cammie was 25k new when I do the exchange rate thing, and it's right in the middle of the options spectrum. 40k was the going price for a loaded ES hybrid IIRC. That's a big jump in just three years. :disgust:

I like the new tail lights, but the front looks too smooth/flat for the curves on the side and rear quarter panels. Kind of looks like a quick reskin. I am jealous of the much needed interior update. Otherwise, it's the same shit built in the same shitty Kentucky plant. I like mine a lot, but it's a garbage build, and the interior quality sucks pretty badly. Durable as fuck though, and it runs and operates exactly as it did the day I drove it off the line.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

JK I'm cash broke as fuck and gas taxes keep skyrocketing causing inflationary issues and artificially high interest rates. *le-sigh*
Dammit! I got stoked on some action around here.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:34 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:44 pm
Hey bro, yeah thanks for the warm reception! I just come and go occasionally when time allows.. It's nice to see how you guys are living. A lot of you are right where I was at six or seven years ago in respect to kids and stuff.

I think my cammie was 25k new when I do the exchange rate thing, and it's right in the middle of the options spectrum. 40k was the going price for a loaded ES hybrid IIRC. That's a big jump in just three years. :disgust:

I like the new tail lights, but the front looks too smooth/flat for the curves on the side and rear quarter panels. Kind of looks like a quick reskin. I am jealous of the much needed interior update. Otherwise, it's the same shit built in the same shitty Kentucky plant. I like mine a lot, but it's a garbage build, and the interior quality sucks pretty badly. Durable as fuck though, and it runs and operates exactly as it did the day I drove it off the line.
I haven’t looked much, but at a glance it seems like the old Cammie with the new Prius front. I like it though.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The prius front should have been accompanied with sleek new side apertures... The old ones make it look like a half cycle refresh. I really like the interior updates though!

If I could afford a sportscar I'd strongly consider a lowball offer on a new Nissan Z. They price out new as low as 65k CAD local to me, so that's under 50k OTD. Some funky blue, grey and yellow paint colors to choose from, and I'd hope it would bring back nostalgic memories of my 240sx (but on steroids obv).

IRL nothing exciting to report :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 pm The prius front should have been accompanied with sleek new side apertures... The old ones make it look like a half cycle refresh. I really like the interior updates though!

If I could afford a sportscar I'd strongly consider a lowball offer on a new Nissan Z. They price out new as low as 65k CAD local to me, so that's under 50k OTD. Some funky blue, grey and yellow paint colors to choose from, and I'd hope it would bring back nostalgic memories of my 240sx (but on steroids obv).

I’d love to try out the Z but I think the 86 speaks to me and my price range a bit more.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:04 pm
Tar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 pm The prius front should have been accompanied with sleek new side apertures... The old ones make it look like a half cycle refresh. I really like the interior updates though!

I’d love to try out the Z but I think the 86 speaks to me and my price range a bit more.
Right, price!! Yeah neither speak to me RN but I like that the Z is rare (to me), and kind of has some giddy-up and go. 400HP was a lot in a manual RWD C6, and would probably bring me similar joys while still offering that JDM flair. I love your 86, the whorange makes it special, and I'd look back after parking it. It's a 5/7 product and I'm glad that it exists.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:whalecum: back tar!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:ohmy: :ohmy:
Tar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:14 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:04 pm

Right, price!! Yeah neither speak to me RN but I like that the Z is rare (to me), and kind of has some giddy-up and go. 400HP was a lot in a manual RWD C6, and would probably bring me similar joys while still offering that JDM flair. I love your 86, the whorange makes it special, and I'd look back after parking it. It's a 5/7 product and I'm glad that it exists.
The Z is def more thrilling from an engine perspective. I hate to use the 't' word with Max nearby, but I imagine those things can be very fast with :tuna: :ohmy:
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 am :ohmy: :ohmy:
Tar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:14 pm

The Z is def more thrilling from an engine perspective. I hate to use the 't' word with Max nearby, but I imagine those things can be very fast with :tuna: :ohmy:
:triggered:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

400hp at two wheels was scary enough IMO, I'd rather keep a car like that stock and clean if bought new. Going too fast could promote hefty fines that include criminal repercussions. This is why sports cars are kind of a distant, but fond memory to me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:04 am 400hp at two wheels was scary enough IMO, I'd rather keep a car like that stock and clean if bought new. Going too fast could promote hefty fines that include criminal repercussions. This is why sports cars are kind of a distant, but fond memory to me.
And why I enjoy just having one that's simple and relatively slow.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

Tar wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:04 am 400hp at two wheels was scary enough IMO, I'd rather keep a car like that stock and clean if bought new. Going too fast could promote hefty fines that include criminal repercussions. This is why sports cars are kind of a distant, but fond memory to me.
Only 400hp?

Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:33 pm
The power is fine, but the real magic of the GR86 is the lightweight and it's great chassis. It's a laser focused driving experience.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:43 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:33 pm

The power is fine, but the real magic of the GR86 is the lightweight and it's great chassis. It's a laser focused driving experience.
In my old age the feel of the inputs is what I care about most :wrong:
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 pm
Melon2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:43 pm

In my old age the feel of the inputs is what I care about most :wrong:
Driving engagement is king.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

I will say, the ND does kind of stomp the BRZ86 in that way. Everyone acts like they're basically the same, but the gap between the miata and BRZ is about the same as the gap between the BRZ and the rest of it's competitors.

I'm praying the NE stays the same weight as the ND, has 1-2" more inches of headroom, and is quieter. Not likely, but a man can dream.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

:yikes:

Well good to see you are still making it in canada land bro
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

MrH42 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:07 am I will say, the ND does kind of stomp the BRZ86 in that way. Everyone acts like they're basically the same, but the gap between the miata and BRZ is about the same as the gap between the BRZ and the rest of it's competitors.

I'm praying the NE stays the same weight as the ND, has 1-2" more inches of headroom, and is quieter. Not likely, but a man can dream.
I need to go sit in an ND again.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:07 am I will say, the ND does kind of stomp the BRZ86 in that way. Everyone acts like they're basically the same, but the gap between the miata and BRZ is about the same as the gap between the BRZ and the rest of it's competitors.

:iono: I like the 86 more. I would love to try them back to back, but I’ve driven a manual ND, rented an auto ND and manual Fiata and put a couple hundred miles on each. Maybe I just don’t fit well enough in a Miata to be in love, but they’re just so rolly from the factory.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:16 am

:yikes:

Well good to see you are still making it in canada land bro
I'm good bro, thank you
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:01 pm

:iono: I like the 86 more. I would love to try them back to back, but I’ve driven a manual ND, rented an auto ND and manual Fiata and put a couple hundred miles on each. Maybe I just don’t fit well enough in a Miata to be in love, but they’re just so rolly from the factory.
Saying one is a gt3 rs and the other is just a car is lunacy.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:48 am
D Griff wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:01 pm

...what
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:15 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:48 am

...what
:dat: both are slow. Both are very fun.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:38 pm
MrH42 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:15 pm

...what
:dat: both are slow. Both are very fun.
:dat: