OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:47 pm Downtown San Diego is not worth seeing any more. Every street reeks of homeless shit and piss. Little Italy is as close to downtown as I’d ever want to get.
I looked it up and nothing really caught my eye over there, did see it from across the bay it looks like a bland grayish little downtown. Everywhere else I went thats along the coast of Pacific was pretty neat, found La Jolla to be my fave.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:47 pm Downtown San Diego is not worth seeing any more. Every street reeks of homeless shit and piss. Little Italy is as close to downtown as I’d ever want to get.
Have to agree with this. To add insult to injury the cost of a decent hotel room has tripled.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pm
I looked it up and nothing really caught my eye over there, did see it from across the bay it looks like a bland grayish little downtown. Everywhere else I went thats along the coast of Pacific was pretty neat, found La Jolla to be my fave.
La Jolla is nice. Very :waxer: area.

SD has some cool pockets, but overall I can leave it in the past without much heartache. I miss some of the weather and some of the taco shops, but not much else TBH.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I do love SoCal, the homeless problem is a bummer for all involved.

Sounds like a fun trip! I like LA a lot but I don't think downtown is really where it's at. There are lots of cool pockets -West Side (Hermosa, Santa Monica, Manhattan, Playa, Malibu, Culver City) is quite nice. Korea Town is where my old job was and there was some really great food over there. I spent a lot of time in North Hollywood which I liked. Glendale, Pasadena are cool, parts of OC are dece.

I really would love to live in Santa Barbara if I am ever somehow rich AF.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:17 pm
Have to agree with this. To add insult to injury the cost of a decent hotel room has tripled.
Thanks for sharing, y'all. We have discussed visiting SD on numerous occasions, :tits: has never been. She is more and more uncomfortable in big cities, around homeless, etc. for some reason. It's funny, she works in downtown Charlotte, and I think we're neck and neck in population with SD, but we don't have nearly the same 'problems'.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:32 pm

Thanks for sharing, y'all. We have discussed visiting SD on numerous occasions, :tits: has never been. She is more and more uncomfortable in big cities, around homeless, etc. for some reason. It's funny, she works in downtown Charlotte, and I think we're neck and neck in population with SD, but we don't have nearly the same 'problems'.
Yea there are about 3X as many homeless in SD over Chalotte. But I'd venture to say they are isolated to certain areas ... tends to always happen that way for ease of drug use.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:15 pm

Yea there are about 3X as many homeless in SD over Chalotte. But I'd venture to say they are isolated to certain areas ... tends to always happen that way for ease of drug use.
I guess that's the downside to the epic weather.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:21 pm

Lax policies and liberalism more so than the weather. Our state is very FUCK UP friendly.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

This statement made me immediately think of this….

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Griffinballs, fwiw, we stayed at a Marriott in Mission Valley, which is roughly 7 miles from La Jolla, and other places. Old town was nice, there is a nice Mexican Restaurant called Gualadara (somewhere along those lines), right on the corner of the intersection of the main road. Your :tits: most likely will love the areas outside of DTSD, nicer of course. Annie doesn't like quite a lot of parts of DC (including homeless), after all she's more introverted and loves spending an entire day at home atleast one day a weekend, she loves it. But obviously didn't like downtown LA and would not set foot on a sidewalk with tents. Also the towns through pch towards LA is pretty nice too. I thought about visiting Downtown, but nothing really gave me a worth of visiting there. You can also see Sea Lions at La Jolla which is 5/7. SD is worth it (sans downtown) along with surrounding areas, plus zoo and sea world.

Heres the only pic of dtsd.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:15 pm

Griffinballs, fwiw, we stayed at a Marriott in Mission Valley, which is roughly 7 miles from La Jolla, and other places. Old town was nice, there is a nice Mexican Restaurant called Gualadara (somewhere along those lines), right on the corner of the intersection of the main road. Your :tits: most likely will love the areas outside of DTSD, nicer of course. Annie doesn't like quite a lot of parts of DC (including homeless), after all she's more introverted and loves spending an entire day at home atleast one day a weekend, she loves it. But obviously didn't like downtown LA and would not set foot on a sidewalk with tents. Also the towns through pch towards LA is pretty nice too. I thought about visiting Downtown, but nothing really gave me a worth of visiting there. You can also see Sea Lions at La Jolla which is 5/7. SD is worth it (sans downtown) along with surrounding areas, plus zoo and sea world.

:notbad: City looks great from a distance. I used to stay at the Hilton Garden in Old Town when I went for work with the Bang Bus. Probably a $400/night hotel now :lolol:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 am

:notbad: City looks great from a distance. I used to stay at the Hilton Garden in Old Town when I went for work with the Bang Bus. Probably a $400/night hotel now :lolol:
Man I remember your first trip out there after I moved to SD we were trying to meet up since I lived right next to old town in Point Loma.. we got the most brutal rainstorm and I couldn’t even drive the mile and a half to where you were with the flooding.

Second trip was cool though since we got to :dock: and hit that German spot in downtown.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:23 pm

Lax policies and liberalism more so than the weather. Our state is very FUCK UP friendly.
You need to visit DC, especially towards the northern part of the National Mall. :yikes:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I stayed in a Marriott Mission Valley for $200 per night and it was pretty nice. Out of Downtown? yes. Is it far? nope. Close to seaworld? yes. But next time, I'll most likely stay in Santa Monica and the like, hotels maybe on the :waxer: side. 300-600 per night.

:tits: and I thought of either starting from SD to Napa, or Napa to SD.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Being close to a theme park is not at all in the equation for me :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:45 am

Man I remember your first trip out there after I moved to SD we were trying to meet up since I lived right next to old town in Point Loma.. we got the most brutal rainstorm and I couldn’t even drive the mile and a half to where you were with the flooding.

Second trip was cool though since we got to :dock: and hit that German spot in downtown.
I still remember that storm as well! It was nuts, I remember I had to work in the Bang Bus and got absolutely drenched walking out there. And was all :wtf: , I thought it didn't rain here.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:16 pm Being close to a theme park is not at all in the equation for me :lolol:
:disgust:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:21 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:16 pm Being close to a theme park is not at all in the equation for me :lolol:
If I was close to Six Flags Magic Mountain again I’d probably rock a season pass. Standing in lines sucks, but they have some great roller coasters there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:21 pm

If I was close to Six Flags Magic Mountain again I’d probably rock a season pass. Standing in lines sucks, but they have some great roller coasters there.
The basic bitch parks like that that are just roller coasters are alright. We have Carowinds here, lines are like +/- 30 minutes and passes are maybe $50. Disney and Sea World can fuck right off though, the prices, the crowds, the children, just hard fucking :nope:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 pm

The basic bitch parks like that that are just roller coasters are alright. We have Carowinds here, lines are like +/- 30 minutes and passes are maybe $50. Disney and Sea World can fuck right off though, the prices, the crowds, the children, just hard fucking :nope:
Disney was the least fun part of the trip, she has like 15 mickey ears and made me wear it one time, I said no :lol: but it's a good thing I didn't pay for it
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 pm

Disney was the least fun part of the trip, she has like 15 mickey ears and made me wear it one time, I said no :lol: but it's a good thing I didn't pay for it
I don't like any of the Disneys, but the CA one is significantly worse than the FL one.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 pm

I don't like any of the Disneys, but the CA one is significantly worse than the FL one.
:tits: pointed out too, one part I find it truly interesting was Cars, roller coasters aren't my thing (I get motion sickness), but at least she doesn't go out of her way to see taylor swift and spend assload of money for tickets.

Speaking of which, when we came back to the hotel that night, I happen to catch the news about expanding the Disney in Anaheim. But the mayor did not like the idea cause it does include tearing down some housing surrounded by it.
SAWCE

100% not a Disneyland/World person.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 pm

:tits: pointed out too, one part I find it truly interesting was Cars, roller coasters aren't my thing (I get motion sickness), but at least she doesn't go out of her way to see taylor swift and spend assload of money for tickets.

Speaking of which, when we came back to the hotel that night, I happen to catch the news about expanding the Disney in Anaheim. But the mayor did not like the idea cause it does include tearing down some housing surrounded by it.
It’s interesting because it’s just kind of in the middle of a residential area in Anaheim whereas the FL one was built on an endless swamp hence why it has so many more parks and whatnot.

If we have a kid or two, I’ll go to Disney one time, but that’s it :lolol: I’m hoping one more time in my life is it unless it’s free somehow, in which case, why not?

I did go twice with marching band, once in high school, once in college, and marched in their parade, which was actually pretty cool.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 pm

It’s interesting because it’s just kind of in the middle of a residential area in Anaheim whereas the FL one was built on an endless swamp hence why it has so many more parks and whatnot.

If we have a kid or two, I’ll go to Disney one time, but that’s it :lolol: I’m hoping one more time in my life is it unless it’s free somehow, in which case, why not?

I did go twice with marching band, once in high school, once in college, and marched in their parade, which was actually pretty cool.
Playing a Tuba changes everything.