OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:43 pm Not sure if anyone gives a fuck. But just an FYI.

I am starting to see lay offs again... a friend of mine got canned in Austin... and quite a few companies are doing quiet lay offs... people just getting canned without official announcements
Just found out another dude got canned in Austin… bought a house in 2022 for 440k is trying to move back to SoCal … house appraised for 375k…

He has a new born and a non working leech … I mean wife.

He is trying to rent it … but it’s only 2350 in rent … $3250 in mortgage + prop tax

Dude is fucked
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:44 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:25 pm

We’ve had a bunch of secret cannings…

Had to spend some time on the road this week with my boss as I was in Indianapolis and he lives in Indiana. Nice guy but such a weird vibe. My age or a little younger, had zero feedback on my meetings with partners/dealers even when I asked for it, thinks suburban hellscape malls full of chain restaurants are ‘nice areas’ And only eats meat and potatoes literally.

Glad that is over.
Sounds super awkward. :disgust:
He’s very friendly at least, we found stuff to talk about. All in all I’m cool with him as he’s generally helpful, very hard working (obsessed with work basically), at least has the experience of doing a job similar to what I do so he gets that. There are terrible bosses out there and he’s not that, but the 1:1 time is a lot.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:44 am
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:43 pm Not sure if anyone gives a fuck. But just an FYI.

I am starting to see lay offs again... a friend of mine got canned in Austin... and quite a few companies are doing quiet lay offs... people just getting canned without official announcements
Just found out another dude got canned in Austin… bought a house in 2022 for 440k is trying to move back to SoCal … house appraised for 375k…

He is trying to rent it … but it’s only 2350 in rent … $3250 in mortgage + prop tax

Dude is fucked
ouch. its coming. more and more people are stuck in this sitch.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Man.. combination of the time change, being in a different time zone, and the bedding in this hotel out here has me sleeping terribly. Waking up sweating my ass off all night even with the AC down at 64-65, taking hours to fall asleep, etc. Shit has sucked. Cant wait to get home tonight.
SAWCE

Got to meet up with a childhood/high school buddy last night for sushi though. And about to train at a dope gym in Arlington. Small wins.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Dude is fucked
:burneverything: :disgust: them bubble markets will bite ya
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Dude is fucked
Man $3250/month to live in Texas? Fuck nah, dog.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:37 am Man.. combination of the time change, being in a different time zone, and the bedding in this hotel out here has me sleeping terribly. Waking up sweating my ass off all night even with the AC down at 64-65, taking hours to fall asleep, etc. Shit has sucked. Cant wait to get home tonight.
Work travel… bleh. I’m drinking alone at the airport because my flight got delayed.

Getting to see out of town friends is def a cool perk though. I didn’t sync up with Coogs in Indy this time because boss bro was with me.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:37 am Man.. combination of the time change, being in a different time zone, and the bedding in this hotel out here has me sleeping terribly. Waking up sweating my ass off all night even with the AC down at 64-65, taking hours to fall asleep, etc. Shit has sucked. Cant wait to get home tonight.
Work travel… bleh. I’m drinking alone at the airport because my flight got delayed.

Getting to see out of town friends is def a cool perk though. I didn’t sync up with Coogs in Indy this time because boss bro was with me.
My bossbro was going to come with me to hang with my dude Collin, but our DoC lawyer who we met with earlier that afternoon invited herself along to a happy hour with him. I was going to go with them to spare him from just having ti hang with her, but timing didn’t work out and I left to go see my friend as he left to go hit happy hour with her. Felt bad for not tagging along with him, but he’d known about my plans that evening for a while and the happy hour wasn’t on the schedule until he told her we might hit one :lol:
SAWCE

Finally boarding flight to go home. I want to sleep on the flight, but I’m gonna force myself to stay awake and pass out extra hard when I get home.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:21 pm

Dude is fucked
The same house today is $3400 or so. Welcome to 2024. Something in the housing market has come completely unhinged. Boomers bought their homes for 3 fruit roll ups and a blue berry. Worth 3 million today because reasons … and they have multiple properties and ain’t selling …

:disgust: anyone sub 30 without a deep 6 figure job for a decade is completely priced out
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:08 pm

The same house today is $3400 or so. Welcome to 2024. Something in the housing market has come completely unhinged. Boomers bought their homes for 3 fruit roll ups and a blue berry. Worth 3 million today because reasons … and they have multiple properties and ain’t selling …

:disgust: anyone sub 30 without a deep 6 figure job for a decade is completely priced out
Inflation's a bitch

Varies a lot less when you look compared to gold
http://pricedingold.com/us-home-prices/
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:32 am

Inflation's a bitch

Who gets paid in case Schiller inflation adjusted gold bars ?
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:36 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:32 am

Inflation's a bitch

Who gets paid in case Schiller inflation adjusted gold bars ?
well if the currently was pegged to and redeemable on demand in gold or silver, maybe inflation wouldn't exist? You know, like it used to be?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Dude is fucked
I give a fuck. Luckily the swamp is fairly isolated from those wild tech/jobs/housing bubbles. We also lack the benefit of income swings (up) too.

:thisisfine:

RayRay was so gung hoe to buy a Austin house in 2021-22 when my sister moved there... she didnt make it 12 months before moving back home. This is exactly several of the reasons I cautioned on WHY its a poor idea/timing.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Dude is fucked
It works out when salary is 180k+. But those were bubble jobs.

Also lol. https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/dei-demolishes-chips
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:25 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:43 pm Not sure if anyone gives a fuck. But just an FYI. I a starting to see lay offs again... a friend of mine got canned in Austin... and quite a few companies are doing quiet lay offs... people just getting canned without official announcements
We’ve had a bunch of secret cannings…

Had to spend some time on the road this week with my boss as I was in Indianapolis and he lives in Indiana. Nice guy but such a weird vibe. My age or a little younger, had zero feedback on my meetings with partners/dealers even when I asked for it, thinks suburban hellscape malls full of chain restaurants are ‘nice areas’ And only eats meat and potatoes literally.

Glad that is over.
:yikes: sounds like a really interesting human. My freshman year jersey roommate is/was like that. Then he bugged out to start a family in Japan. :lol:
max225

dubshow wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:01 pm

I’m :triggered: every time I read that word… so many bad decisions have been made because of it
golftdibrad1

distributing my links eh? no one here will read this. they buy into the DIE crap, well except for maybe Max
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:05 pm

distributing my links eh? no one here will read this. they buy into the DIE crap, well except for maybe Max
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Is that site where you learned that the shift key is irrelevant?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'd probably be too poor now to get a house. I got another pay cut today. I had a call to go over this 'commission calculator' spreadsheet with one of our sales ops people. I asked her a question, she got confused, sends me a message in Teams later that a multiplier was wrong and they're going to have to reduce pay on my national accounts commission by more than half.

:lolol:

Then I applied for three jobs.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:59 pm

I'd probably be too poor now to get a house. I got another pay cut today. I had a call to go over this 'commission calculator' spreadsheet with one of our sales ops people. I asked her a question, she got confused, sends me a message in Teams later that a multiplier was wrong and they're going to have to reduce pay on my national accounts commission by more than half.

:lolol:

Then I applied for three jobs.
:disgust:
SAWCE

Felt so good to sleep in my own bed last night. Slept super hard. Speaking of, sleep study confirmed I need a CPAP. It should be delivered tomorrow. Excited to see how that helps me.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:57 pm

Is that site where you learned that the shift key is irrelevant?
:hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.