IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

coogles wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:41 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:37 pm I like the ones you don't like better.
I'd rather look at my :minivan:.
Yes. I get its an appliance and all, but that shit be ugly af
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:37 pm I like the ones you don't like better.
:nope:
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:49 pm

Eh... To each their own. Most SUVS look like hot piles of garbage. This thing does have a bad angle on it. But I don't mind it at all, and I like the side profile/rear profile quite a bit.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:10 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:49 pm

Eh... To each their own. Most SUVS look like hot piles of garbage. This thing does have a bad angle on it. But I don't mind it at all, and I like the side profile/rear profile quite a bit.
Bold is also true.

this new bmw design philosophy tho.... i cant get to a place where I like it.

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

Yea it looks like the :dill: is falling apart as we speak.... I think the I4 is here to stay. Games are starting to played with my security deposit... instead of returning it they are trying to use it to "lower the outstanding balance". And that's... not gonna work.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:37 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:32 pm I want these

Instead they got these...
I like the ones you don't like better.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:13 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:10 pm

Bold is also true.

this new bmw design philosophy tho.... i cant get to a place where I like it.

:lolol:
max225

So … major cold feet at this point.

The dealer is playing epic games… dealing with 2 sales holes and the gm. Verbal promises were made that they were unwilling to back up with anything in writing and now the typical dealershit games started with downpayments going up … monthlies arbitrarily changing etc and trade in values going up and down.

Don’t even want to post the amount of pure bullshit these idiots are spewing. 5 days in and no price in writing has been given.

My time is worth money too so I’m :nope: “ing out

This profession really needs to die :lol:
max225

Major update....

one of the assclowns got back with a pretty compelling offer. Well it was the GM of the dealership since they are all aware of the fact that they LEMONED the other car.

The offer is $670 + tax 5k down. Which is better than the current one i had which is $800/5k. Frankly I was going to be ok with the I4... but :tits: is bitching because she doesn't have a car anymore and she thinks the I4 is too small for family duty.

Next steps are :hibachi: since I don't have a date for when our "closest" spec arrives. It is listed as in transit.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:31 pm Major update....

one of the assclowns got back with a pretty compelling offer. Well it was the GM of the dealership since they are all aware of the fact that they LEMONED the other car.

The offer is $670 + tax 5k down. Which is better than the current one i had which is $800/5k. Frankly I was going to be ok with the I4... but :tits: is bitching because she doesn't have a car anymore and she thinks the I4 is too small for family duty.

Next steps are :hibachi: since I don't have a date for when our "closest" spec arrives. It is listed as in transit.
Some decisions aren't about the money, they are about (your) quality of life.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Seems like a pretty darn good deal for the MSRP. Inb4 tinting happens.

Similar spec? Are they offering a straight buyback of the i4?
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:59 pm

Seems like a pretty darn good deal for the MSRP. Inb4 tinting happens.

Similar spec? Are they offering a straight buyback of the i4?
Yep on i4. And the IX would be white … likely with the same wheels tho … :-/
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I don't really love or hate either wheels, all of these EV aero inspired wheels make sense but aren't exactly inspiring designs. I'd say the 1" smaller factor is a benefit though.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:44 am I don't really love or hate either wheels, all of these EV aero inspired wheels make sense but aren't exactly inspiring designs. I'd say the 1" smaller factor is a benefit though.
Yeah, I can't really think of an EV wheel I like except maybe some Porsche wheels? Even then, the gas powered porsches have better wheels. They're all ugly.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen much in the way of aftermarket aero wheels. You'd think some of the big players would at least start dipping their toes in more aerodynamic stuff for EVs.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:12 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:44 am I don't really love or hate either wheels, all of these EV aero inspired wheels make sense but aren't exactly inspiring designs. I'd say the 1" smaller factor is a benefit though.
Yeah, I can't really think of an EV wheel I like except maybe some Porsche wheels? Even then, the gas powered porsches have better wheels. They're all ugly.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen much in the way of aftermarket aero wheels. You'd think some of the big players would at least start dipping their toes in more aerodynamic stuff for EVs.
I really like the wheels on my i4. I just don’t care for dual colors + plastic inlays on the IX. The underlying design is actually nice
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Seems reasonable? You gonna do it?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 am

Seems reasonable? You gonna do it?
If they maintain the offer as well as my trade in buy out then yes. But I have no idea how long it’ll take for the car to get here … could be next year … literally.

:hibachi:
max225

The thought here is... this the most fun and "cheapest" way to combine both a commuter + family car. So I am maximizing both. Which would allow me to do whatever the F I want with the Tacoma... If I keep the I4 around... it may likely result the tacoma being "offed" into a family friendlier car of sorts or the purchase of some shitbox family car to live outside as a 3rd car and frankly... Nothing really tickles my fancy there because its either too boring, too expensive or both.

The I4+Family car is BORING AF as the I4 is essentially my commuter/prius. I4+ Family Car + tacoma is back in a 3 car sitch which I despise. So IX + Tacoma for now or IX + whatever I'd like to get after.... makes more sense.

One thing to note: The cost of capital+Fuel to actually BUY the pilot vs leasing the IX are completely erasing the fact that one SUV is $96k msrp and the other $50k. So the comeback to that is... "why don't you lease a Pilot"... It is $550 a month + fuel @ $250 a month.. .making it more expensive than the IX. :lol:

At the end of the day the IX is actually fast, drives really well, has amazing tech, and is far safer than a pilot... the only downside is lack of 3rd row.

Cliffs:
I4+Family car = Boring and I don't want that
IX+Tacoma = Acceptable and good deal
I4+Shitbox family car + Tacoma = Don't want 3 cars
IX+Fun car= Ideal state
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:38 pm The thought here is... this the most fun and "cheapest" way to combine both a commuter + family car. So I am maximizing both. Which would allow me to do whatever the F I want with the Tacoma... If I keep the I4 around... it may likely result the tacoma being "offed" into a family friendlier car of sorts or the purchase of some shitbox family car to live outside as a 3rd car and frankly... Nothing really tickles my fancy there because its either too boring, too expensive or both.

The I4+Family car is BORING AF as the I4 is essentially my commuter/prius. I4+ Family Car + tacoma is back in a 3 car sitch which I despise. So IX + Tacoma for now or IX + whatever I'd like to get after.... makes more sense.

One thing to note: The cost of capital+Fuel to actually BUY the pilot vs leasing the IX are completely erasing the fact that one SUV is $96k msrp and the other $50k. So the comeback to that is... "why don't you lease a Pilot"... It is $550 a month + fuel @ $250 a month.. .making it more expensive than the IX. :lol:

At the end of the day the IX is actually fast, drives really well, has amazing tech, and is far safer than a pilot... the only downside is lack of 3rd row.

Cliffs:
IX+Fun car= Ideal state
I think this all makes sense. IX+Taco makes more practical sense than I4+Taco and you can more or less off the Taco whenever due to good residuals. I'm sure it's down from six months ago, but it's somewhat fun for now and could be swapped for a Hype R or something when you have the time to fuck with such endeavors.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:22 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:38 pm The thought here is... this the most fun and "cheapest" way to combine both a commuter + family car. So I am maximizing both. Which would allow me to do whatever the F I want with the Tacoma... If I keep the I4 around... it may likely result the tacoma being "offed" into a family friendlier car of sorts or the purchase of some shitbox family car to live outside as a 3rd car and frankly... Nothing really tickles my fancy there because its either too boring, too expensive or both.

Cliffs:
IX+Fun car= Ideal state
I think this all makes sense. IX+Taco makes more practical sense than I4+Taco and you can more or less off the Taco whenever due to good residuals. I'm sure it's down from six months ago, but it's somewhat fun for now and could be swapped for a Hype R or something when you have the time to fuck with such endeavors.
Yea if the IX deal happens I'll explore if/when I can do something with the Taco replacement.
So far M3, M2, HypeR, Carrera T are the candidates. But they are all manual and pretty restricted in use, the Taco barely gets driven due to current family life endeavors. So I am not in a rush to change it up.
Desertbreh

THANK YOU. Just put gasser wheels on the EV. You lied about the range anyway........what's a few more lies for a car that looks good.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:53 pm
THANK YOU. Just put gasser wheels on the EV. You lied about the range anyway........what's a few more lies for a car that looks good.
:gtfo:
IX is under-rated as far as range. Unlike tesla. Tesla needs to be hair-cutted by 30% these are on point.
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2022-b ... -test.html

It's like you don't read my thread :bruh: . That was one of the selling points.. BMW knows how to build an efficient EV.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah this all seems reasonable. Go for it! You drive a lot, fuel savings are real.

Man. I’d be so happy to drive a boring af i4 tho.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:53 pm

:gtfo:
IX is under-rated as far as range. Unlike tesla. Tesla needs to be hair-cutted by 30% these are on point.
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2022-b ... -test.html

It's like you don't read my thread :bruh: . That was one of the selling points.. BMW knows how to build an efficient EV.
My whole point is that EV wheels are ugly. That's it.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:15 pm Yeah this all seems reasonable. Go for it! You drive a lot, fuel savings are real.

Man. I’d be so happy to drive a boring af i4 tho.
The i4 is wonderful to drive. I prefer it to the IX. But :wrong: :tits: packrat shit... it is undeniably small in the back seat for american kid shit. The IX is enormous out back.