IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:45 am
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:40 am

Nothing wrong with owning a car for a long time... especially a good car. The TSX needed nothing other than batteries ( :triggered: ) and tires and brakes and oil for the last 100k miles. It runs like a champ... the k24 is a fantastic engine for reliability, longevity and ease of service. That car can easily run to 400k miles given how I maintained it.
I know, I had a 2004 brand new from the household and traded in for a :turboyaris: at 140k miles.

I actually just talked to :tits: about my :plac: and said if I have kept that car, I could've bought a house.
That's a funny joke my dude. It takes a Cullinan for a downpayment and an accord for a monthly payment to get into a nice house in a nice hood in most of the country as of this moment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:40 am

Nothing wrong with owning a car for a long time... especially a good car. The TSX needed nothing other than batteries ( :triggered: ) and tires and brakes and oil for the last 100k miles. It runs like a champ... the k24 is a fantastic engine for reliability, longevity and ease of service. That car can easily run to 400k miles given how I maintained it.
I know, I had a 2004 brand new from the household and traded in for a :turboyaris: at 140k miles.

I actually just talked to :tits: about my :plac: and said if I have kept that car, I could've bought a house.
I mean... easy to say that we all should've spent our Golf money from 10-15 years ago on house at that time, but hindsight is 2020. I don't think houses have ever climbed like they did from 2010-2022 or whatever, I think that shit is over now though, so may as well just :plac: :lolol:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:51 am

I mean... easy to say that we all should've spent our Golf money from 10-15 years ago on house at that time, but hindsight is 2020. I don't think houses have ever climbed like they did from 2010-2022 or whatever, I think that shit is over now though, so may as well just :plac: :lolol:
Yea I think I am actually going to go "underwater" (will be worth less than what I paid for + upgrades) in 24 on my place that I got in 20... so much for that whole RE is the path to riches mindset. And yes the 2% mortgage rate is a useless scam. A lot of people with the low rates think they struck gold... but frankly that's not the case. A lot of hurt is coming all of our way shortly. Who cares what your rate is if the house value is declining at the fastest pace since 08.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:51 am

YOLO

Until :tits: either A changes job or B gets car, I'm in silver spring until either of those happens. Then I move either to a better apartment or try my luck with a house, which asks for a longer commute. I'm happy with where I'm at right now commute wise (I'd prefer better space :doe: / maybe i'll upgrade to 2 bed or 1 with den till lease end), and also would've been equally more happy in Arlington/VA. :tits: on the other hand would not be that happy, her work is literally a mile away with one metro stop. Metro would not fare that well for her commute from arlington to north end of dc.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:51 am

That's a funny joke my dude. It takes a Cullinan for a downpayment and an accord for a monthly payment to get into a nice house in a nice hood in most of the country as of this moment.
Im obviously not referring now, but more like probably 2016ish, I was also younger too. But think of this, :turboyaris: , mk7 gti, part of clio and now with the accord + mods with maybe $15k tops.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:06 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:51 am

Im obviously not referring now, but more like probably 2016ish, I was also younger too. But think of this, :turboyaris: , mk7 gti, part of clio and now with the accord + mods with maybe $15k tops.
Well yea but when you play that game boomers got their homes for 25 cents and are all millionaires. Not to mention they didn't/don't pay jack shit for healthcare, and never paid for college tuition.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:13 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:06 pm

Well yea but when you play that game boomers got their homes for 25 cents and are all millionaires. Not to mention they didn't/don't pay jack shit for healthcare, and never paid for college tuition.
I was just gonna say have you seen the nice houses in dc. But im sure you see it too. I literally see rows of nice houses only to see non premium cars like hondas with an occasional 10 year old mercedes. That has been passed down from family generations due to nepotism. Our nice apartment in istanbul was also handed down as my mom side of the family is rich
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:17 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:13 pm

I was just gonna say have you seen the nice houses in dc. But im sure you see it too. I literally see rows of nice houses only to see non premium cars like hondas with an occasional 10 year old mercedes. That has been passed down from family generations due to nepotism. Our nice apartment in istanbul was also handed down as my mom side of the family is rich
I see it all the time in property taxes. 3 million dollar properties paying property taxes on 150k assessed values.... which puzzles.
max225

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

If I had any money I’d Poon the i4 lease from you. But I’m broke. Maybe in 6mo.
max225

fucking server error
max225

My friend who had his SOUL stolen... I offered to have him get the I4... or have his wife take the white beemer since it is bitch spec and have him take her Cherokee...

He :nope: 'd out... said something about it being half his mortgage payment... then he decided to buy a fucking 1992 GEO METRO... while waiting for his Maverick order to come in... (6+ months). The beemer is 520 per month + tax- 0 down and has free charging for the remainder of the lease. It's cheaper than any prius at the moment.

Some people are truly :fullretard:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:03 pm My friend who had his SOUL stolen... I offered to have him get the I4... or have his wife take the white beemer since it is bitch spec and have him take her Cherokee...

He :nope: 'd out... said something about it being half his mortgage payment... then he decided to buy a fucking 1992 GEO METRO... while waiting for his Maverick order to come in... (6+ months). The beemer is 520 per month + tax- 0 down and has free charging for the remainder of the lease. It's cheaper than any prius at the moment.

Not our problem, we offered advice if they nope out they nope out.

Like i mentioned with my cousin from bitch spec 8th gen civic to his moms accord. He traded his dads 98 camry to that civic, moved to chicago and recently moved to richmond (2 hours away). He has gotten hospitalized 4 years ago and insisted he doesn't needed parents help, but accepted a free car from mom. While his wife bought a cpo venza
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:45 pm The “final solution” to me is IX for family car and commuter and Carrera T special ordered to replace the taco as it’s the only sports car that can take a kid and a dog.
:bs:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:03 pm My friend who had his SOUL stolen... I offered to have him get the I4... or have his wife take the white beemer since it is bitch spec and have him take her Cherokee...

I take it your friend is not a brogrammer. To be fair, I have seen a number of Mavericks with the Steelies and thought :notbad: I would drive that thing around town.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:29 pm

I take it your friend is not a brogrammer. To be fair, I have seen a number of Mavericks with the Steelies and thought :notbad: I would drive that thing around town.
:nope: although he owns some seedy computer repair place that services local mom and pop places and helps them with their computer/IT needs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:25 pm https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco ... me/1826165

1.5M home 65k assessed value... :wtf:
They don't reassess unless it's sold or something? Interesting.... our get blanket reassessed periodically across the board. They will then adjust the tax rate to maintain the revenue stream, so some people wind up with a lower/higher bill but in theory it keeps it more fair over time.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:35 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:25 pm https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco ... me/1826165

1.5M home 65k assessed value... :wtf:
They don't reassess unless it's sold or something? Interesting.... our get blanket reassessed periodically across the board. They will then adjust the tax rate to maintain the revenue stream, so some people wind up with a lower/higher bill but in theory it keeps it more fair over time.
It looks like it wasn't reassessed since 1900... but I always wonder how. This is super common here, but likely some sort of boomer scheme that got passed down 3 generations.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I vote to "do nothing" and drive what's there. The truck will do just fine as a family hauler; And based on my gorf experience with two kids in tow, so will the i4. Use the extra funds for vacations, home renovations, bad habits, a p-car, etc.

I get that the plan is "boring", but nothing from the above suggestions makes sense to me.
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:53 pm I vote to "do nothing" and drive what's there. The truck will do just fine as a family hauler; And based on my gorf experience with two kids in tow, so will the i4. Use the extra funds for vacations, home renovations, bad habits, a p-car, etc.

I get that the plan is "boring", but nothing from the above suggestions makes sense to me.
Don’t disagree
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dat :crotchfruit: lyfe lol
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:18 pm Dat :crotchfruit: lyfe lol
I mean, I just need one comfortable car that can handle the kid and a commute… IX still works for that. The rest is up for grabs.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:22 pm
Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:18 pm Dat :crotchfruit: lyfe lol
I mean, I just need one comfortable car that can handle the kid and a commute… IX still works for that. The rest is up for grabs.
If your Tacoma seat can go back to its normal driving position, then maybe that could work ok too.

The cyber truck buy would be the coolest option IMO
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:24 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:22 pm

If your Tacoma seat can go back to its normal driving position, then maybe that could work ok too.

Tacoma works as a kid hauler... I tested it out and I would strap the kid in with a belt in the middle. The issue is... the wife can't drive it... so if I go to work on the I4 she is a lame duck at home... and... I don't think I want to commute 100 miles in the taco @ $6 a gallon and 17mpg

As far as cybercuck It is one of the reasons I want to "wait". My broke buddy is like within the first 5k units in line.... it would work... I think... just for a lulz mobile. But I feel like it may be vaporware on tesla's part... The delivery event was staged AF.... and daddy elon said they won't reach volume until 2025... which likely means 2027... which means there will be maybe a couple of hundred trucks in the first year... and a couple of thousand in Y2.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:43 pm
Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:24 pm

Tacoma works as a kid hauler... I tested it out and I would strap the kid in with a belt in the middle. The issue is... the wife can't drive it... so if I go to work on the I4 she is a lame duck at home... and... I don't think I want to commute 100 miles in the taco @ $6 a gallon and 17mpg

As far as cybercuck It is one of the reasons I want to "wait". My broke buddy is like within the first 5k units in line.... it would work... I think... just for a lulz mobile. But I feel like it may be vaporware on tesla's part... The delivery event was staged AF.... and daddy elon said they won't reach volume until 2025... which likely means 2027... which means there will be maybe a couple of hundred trucks in the first year... and a couple of thousand in Y2.
Maybe I missed this, but how long is your commute?