IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

The “final solution” to me is IX for family car and commuter and Carrera T special ordered to replace the taco as it’s the only sports car that can take a kid and a dog.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:44 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:49 pm

:dat:

Champagne tastes on a self imposed beer budget is tough.

Which vehicle would even go to make room for this, the 🌮 or the I4? Seems like the I4 you’re stuck with for the lease, EVs depreciate like rocks.

I’d give the Acura a test drive, people do talk those up quite a bit. It’s not LR but it’s also not Buick, IMO.
Per my earlier war and peace post :
IX would replace the i4. And taco would be kept … or … the many other vehicles would replace the taco, as it has nearly $50k parked and not used anyways
Gotcha, I did see BMW for BMW trade, wasn’t sure on the others.

New 🌮 seems pretty sweet so at least now the option to get another would still be practical in the future if desired.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:45 pm The “final solution” to me is IX for family car and commuter and Carrera T special ordered to replace the taco as it’s the only sports car that can take a kid and a dog.
That would be nice although throwing a dog and kid in the back of a 911 sounds slightly painful. Vehicles are meant to be used though, so why not.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

You can get a blue interior, :manuel: , plenty of power, and lots of space for :baby: and :doge: in an M3.

Just sayin.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I don’t think max is going to drive an Acura badged Honda Odyssey guys.
Johnny_P

If I had the money for a new big dick Range Rover I’d get one. Those are killer vehicles. Get it in champagne color too.

Nothing wrong with a Defender. Those have a lot of street presence and I like them as well. Desirable vehicle for sure.

I’ll throw in a BMW X5 to the mix. You seem to like BMW and the X5 is arguably the best vehicle they make. Can get it in full bro M spec or sleeper/comfy sledgehammer spec.

Any one of these will be great to live with especially with the screamy potato and dog. The CRV was a revelation when we got it and made life way less stressful since it works for every situation.

Land Cruiser / GX I’d wait a year or two. New models and all. Probably drive like snoozers with a little bit of speed which is what I want but sounds like not what you’re after.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:26 am You can get a blue interior, :manuel: , plenty of power, and lots of space for :baby: and :doge: in an M3.

Just sayin.
Occasionally debating that also… I suppose I could replace the truck with an m3 and keep the i4 around… but that’s 2 sedans. I am just not super wild about 90k on an M3(otd) when I can save around 20k with an m2, that does pretty much everything the same. And I’m still left without a true family car. Which would still necessitate some sort of move to enlarge the i4….

I understand I’m in a weird sitch here trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Which is why if the i4 is staying the truck should get replaced with a more family friendly vehicle. And unfortunately an m3 ain’t it. And if I’m already doing a :fullretard: money blown thing I’m getting a p car as the fun one … and i4 to IX
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:38 am I don’t think max is going to drive an Acura badged Honda Odyssey guys.
Yea the woman immediately vetoed it also… she spent 10 years in an Acura tsx, which still haunts me when the in laws stop by
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:45 am If I had the money for a new big dick Range Rover I’d get one. Those are killer vehicles. Get it in champagne color too.

Nothing wrong with a Defender. Those have a lot of street presence and I like them as well. Desirable vehicle for sure.

I’ll throw in a BMW X5 to the mix. You seem to like BMW and the X5 is arguably the best vehicle they make. Can get it in full bro M spec or sleeper/comfy sledgehammer spec.

Any one of these will be great to live with especially with the screamy potato and dog. The CRV was a revelation when we got it and made life way less stressful since it works for every situation.

Land Cruiser / GX I’d wait a year or two. New models and all. Probably drive like snoozers with a little bit of speed which is what I want but sounds like not what you’re after.
X5 is a great suggestion however the IX is essentially an electric X5. :plac: moves not withstanding it makes way more sense as I have free fuel and it leases for far less than the gasoline car.

Funny enough I have been looking at used “throwaway” GXs to park outside for 30 k or so… they depreciate pretty good … 7 seats. Reliable … but they are some of the ugliest vehicles that are likely to be incredibly boring to drive as well.

The new GX may be worth waiting for. But 75k… which brings it into defender territory, which imo is a better looking vehicle
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:38 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:45 am If I had the money for a new big dick Range Rover I’d get one. Those are killer vehicles. Get it in champagne color too.

X5 is a great suggestion however the IX is essentially an electric X5. :plac: moves not withstanding it makes way more sense as I have free fuel and it leases for far less than the gasoline car.

Funny enough I have been looking at used “throwaway” GXs to park outside for 30 k or so… they depreciate pretty good … 7 seats. Reliable … but they are some of the ugliest vehicles that are likely to be incredibly boring to drive as well.

The new GX may be worth waiting for. But 75k… which brings it into defender territory, which imo is a better looking vehicle
Yeah current GX is a 4Runner which drives like a dinosaur. It’s comfy but it’s a fucking bore and does not handle remotely well.

I hear you on the iX vs X5. Makes sense.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Let me just say you are being ridiculous

No 2 person household needs three cars. I am in this spot I know; but the 3rd car is a proper sports car. I have it because I can afford it, like it, and gain enjoyment from it. You are talking about suv's sedans, and trucks.

if you are going to be a baller the 3rd car should be a sports car for motoring enjoyment. Everything else is literally pissing money away for no reason - not even enjoyment. If you dont care or just want something fast / cool / badge honor that can also do kid shit get rid of the stupid truck and buy x5 or another IX or whatever and buy a 1k trailer for when you need to do truck shit. Or keep the silly truck and buy a proper family hauler sports car.

Talking about getting an suv while also owing a truck as well as a 3rd non-fun car is some silly shit IMHO.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:07 am Let me just say you are being ridiculous

No 2 person household needs three cars. I am in this spot I know; but the 3rd car is a proper sports car. I have it because I can afford it, like it, and gain enjoyment from it. You are talking about suv's sedans, and trucks.

if you are going to be a baller the 3rd car should be a sports car for motoring enjoyment. Everything else is literally pissing money away for no reason - not even enjoyment. If you dont care or just want something fast / cool / badge honor that can also do kid shit get rid of the stupid truck and buy x5 or another IX or whatever and buy a 1k trailer for when you need to do truck shit. Or keep the silly truck and buy a proper family hauler sports car.

Talking about getting an suv while also owing a truck as well as a 3rd non-fun car is some silly shit IMHO.
Breh … read please. I’ve stated like 3 times at a minimum that I don’t want 3 cars at the moment. I like my shit parked in a garage and I’m too poor to have a 3 car garage in a nice town because that would require 20k a month in mortgage. Fuck that

That said I’m clearly attempting to replace either the I4 or the truck with a family vehicle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:13 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:07 am Let me just say you are being ridiculous

Breh … read please. I’ve stated like 3 times at a minimum that I don’t want 3 cars at the moment. I like my shit parked in a garage and I’m too poor to have a 3 car garage in a nice town because that would require 20k a month in mortgage. Fuck that

That said I’m clearly attempting to replace either the I4 or the truck with a family vehicle.
:dat: :lolol:

You were quite clear on only wanting two cars from the beginning of this.

I think the real challenge is the i4 is hard to off because of EV depreciation + lease. Tacoma is pretty easy to off but is the current 'fun' thing. i4 staying plus adding a family SUV in place of the Taco is seppuku unless you get a big ballah RR.

:iono: what to do here other than try to find a way out of the i4 without a bath.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:34 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:38 am I don’t think max is going to drive an Acura badged Honda Odyssey guys.
Yea the woman immediately vetoed it also… she spent 10 years in an Acura tsx, which still haunts me when the in laws stop by
What is going on with inlaws that they stopped by for the fact that she kept a car for 10 years? and apparently to them is a mistake to dump it all together?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:26 am

:dat: :lolol:

You were quite clear on only wanting two cars from the beginning of this.

I think the real challenge is the i4 is hard to off because of EV depreciation + lease. Tacoma is pretty easy to off but is the current 'fun' thing. i4 staying plus adding a family SUV in place of the Taco is seppuku unless you get a big ballah RR.

:iono: what to do here other than try to find a way out of the i4 without a bath.
:dat: my dude is 100% spot on. You're 100% tuned into the sitch,

The thing is... I still really like the I4 and it WILL serve a huge purpose sooner or later. I/we need to have a "Prius" like commuter for work... which is a 100mile R/T thing for both me and the wife. So offing the I4 would ONLY make sense into something that would serve for that purpose as well... the IX with more than 10k miles annually lease would work... but PAYING to get out of the I4 would be insanely :fullretard: because there is nothing wrong with the car as it sits and it fullfills that purpose to a T. The IX would do the same and double as a family car... which would open me up to a FUN car to replace the truck... hence the P car + IX comment. But I will only do that if the :dill: can be made.

The reality check is the last dealer offered 35k for the I4 2 months ago... which is ... wild. I haven't seen any on sale for less than 47k... I'm in it for 41 but it is what it is.

So... this is why I have been exploring offing the truck which currently
1. Doesn't really serve up great as a family car
2. Doesn't serve as a commuter
3. Doesn't serve as a FUN car
IT CAN do all 3... but Iike a golf R ... it's great at a lot of things but not a singular thing.

SO... I have been looking to see what I can do with it instead of just watching it in the garage.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:29 am
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:34 am

What is going on with inlaws that they stopped by for the fact that she kept a car for 10 years? and apparently to them is a mistake to dump it all together?
She gave the TSX to her dad, who used to drive a 2000 tacoma. So when they stop by to help with the kid... the TSX appears like an EX girlfriend at a fancy restaurant with a new date.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Speaking of keeping cars for 10 years. I believe I mentioned a few times that my cousin whose :waxer: but more humble and much less of the bouginess, they bought honda and toyota every 10 years like clockwork.

Cousins Dad: 1988 Accord 5mt with flip ups (favorite they've owned) > 1998 Camry > 2008 Pilot (promoted as a CEO and company pays for car, thus switching to a gas guzzler) > 2008 MDX > 2015 MDX (still drives over 100k on the clock), runs flawlessly. just gained title then will sell under him and go back to a sedan as he started to warm up to Subaru's (aka Legacy)

Cousins mom: 1990 Corolla 5mt (became my car for a short period, after handed over my younger cousin after handed over by her older brother after handed over from mom) > 1999 Accord (then handed over to my cousin going to college when corolla was handed to me cause my dad insisted I should learn manual, also I kinda wanted it) > 2008 accord > 2015 accord > 2024 crv hybrid.

My older cousin: he moved to chicago by the time I finished my first year of college, was driving the aforementioned 98 camry. Got the last model year of the 8th gen civic (LX I believe). He drove it until last month and sold it for $4k, cause cousins mom recently handed her down her 2015 accord now that she has gotten her CRV.

My younger cousin is now on her second forester after her first one got totaled at one point during covid due to a dumbass ran a red light.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

A carrera T only makes sense as a third car especially with :baby: life. How would a modern car seat fit in one? And there's no way you can haul all the :baby: shit in the frunk.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:38 am Speaking of keeping cars for 10 years. I believe I mentioned a few times that my cousin whose :waxer: but more humble and much less of the bouginess, they bought honda and toyota every 10 years like clockwork.

Cousins Dad: 1988 Accord 5mt with flip ups (favorite they've owned) > 1998 Camry > 2008 Pilot (promoted as a CEO and company pays for car, thus switching to a gas guzzler) > 2008 MDX > 2015 MDX (still drives over 100k on the clock), runs flawlessly. just gained title then will sell under him and go back to a sedan as he started to warm up to Subaru's (aka Legacy)

Cousins mom: 1990 Corolla 5mt (became my car for a short period, after handed over my younger cousin after handed over by her older brother after handed over from mom) > 1999 Accord (then handed over to my cousin going to college when corolla was handed to me cause my dad insisted I should learn manual, also I kinda wanted it) > 2008 accord > 2015 accord > 2024 crv hybrid.

My older cousin: he moved to chicago by the time I finished my first year of college, was driving the aforementioned 98 camry. Got the last model year of the 8th gen civic (LX I believe). He drove it until last month and sold it for $4k, cause cousins mom recently handed her down her 2015 accord now that she has gotten her CRV.

My younger cousin is now on her second forester after her first one got totaled at one point during covid due to a dumbass ran a red light.
Nothing wrong with owning a car for a long time... especially a good car. The TSX needed nothing other than batteries ( :triggered: ) and tires and brakes and oil for the last 100k miles. It runs like a champ... the k24 is a fantastic engine for reliability, longevity and ease of service. That car can easily run to 400k miles given how I maintained it.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:39 am A carrera T only makes sense as a third car especially with :baby: life. How would a modern car seat fit in one? And there's no way you can haul all the :baby: shit in the frunk.
Carrera T would do what the truck is doing now... be the occasional fun car. The car that would replace the I4 would be the family car in this scenario.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Fair i have not been keeping up then, I stand corrected.

Carry on.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:36 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:29 am

She gave the TSX to her dad, who used to drive a 2000 tacoma. So when they stop by to help with the kid... the TSX appears like an EX girlfriend at a fancy restaurant with a new date.
I went to "inlaws" to thanksgiving as well and I saw :tits: fiesta just sitting in the garage. Powershift is on the last legs per her dad and dealer in bumfuck nowhere West VA, it'll cost $6k on a $500 car appraised from carmax :lol:

Her younger sister, recent high school graduate, somehow no desire to drive unless she has to when she finally decides what to do, but it's literally a bumfuck no where where per her words (2 ubers). Once the plunge is pulled, I told them just trade it for a corolla or someshit.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:40 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:38 am Speaking of keeping cars for 10 years. I believe I mentioned a few times that my cousin whose :waxer: but more humble and much less of the bouginess, they bought honda and toyota every 10 years like clockwork.

Nothing wrong with owning a car for a long time... especially a good car. The TSX needed nothing other than batteries ( :triggered: ) and tires and brakes and oil for the last 100k miles. It runs like a champ... the k24 is a fantastic engine for reliability, longevity and ease of service. That car can easily run to 400k miles given how I maintained it.
I know, I had a 2004 brand new from the household and traded in for a :turboyaris: at 140k miles.

I actually just talked to :tits: about my :plac: and said if I have kept that car, I could've bought a house.
max225

Now to be fair... what I can also do is WAIT which is the ultimate anti :plac:

My current scenario is epic:
I4 because it has been parked thanks to the IX fiasco only 1800 miles on it... All the miles have been piled into the IX+Loaner (7k) miles. So I now have a 15k a year lease effectively for the next 2.5 years. And I am protected from depreciation on EVs... because it is a lease.

Tacoma: Is a rare special color, manual truck, from a generation that is regarded as "simple" with the new gen 4 trucks are 20% more expensive... with TURD BROS likely to lick 60k... it will essentially ensure nearly 0 depreciation for the truck...

So i have a lease for something that falling like a cliff, and a truck that doesn't/shouldn't depreciate... I know I am sitting in a good spot. I can manage to use either for family duty. The child seat fits into the middle of the truck... and the I4 is a hatchback with a giant trunk that fits all the shit that I technically need to take... it is however TIGHT on leg room which sucks in the back due to car seat mafia issues.

But that's also kind of boring... so hence the exploring. I lose nothing by waiting say 6-12 months for the market to correct... then picking up a LR for 1/2 of sticker which is where they normally sit, and having it be the disposable vehicle for child snot.