First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

True. Forgot about the buyers fee.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:05 pm True. Forgot about the buyers fee.
Yea the privilege of buying from the site is quite expensive.
max225

Did the buyer already contact you? Cars and bids?

Curious about the post sale process...
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:38 pm Did the buyer already contact you? Cars and bids?

C&B swapped our contact info with each other and I emailed him. Haven't heard back yet but in the comments he said he'd be in touch shortly. C&B also gives you a post sale adviser and a link to create a bill of sale.

Judging by his area code it looks like he's in Virginia so I have to wait and see how he wants to collect the car. I'll give him wiring instructions later tonight or tomorrow but C&B says buyers are expected to pay in full within one week of the auction ending.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:48 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:32 am

Nice to see some movement. Was surprised to see it sitting at 31k for so long.
Bids are coming in quick now. I assume it'll slow down until the last hour.
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:42 am

Wait so Dgriff is not Dgriff?! I’m so confused lol
:lol: No, it's not our Dgriff. I saw the full email address and this Dan has a different last name
:mindblown: definitely not me, I can't get any more cars at the moment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Congrats on the sale and to Max for nailing the predicted outcome. Seems like a pretty decent result to me, the market is way soft now.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:24 pm Congrats on the sale and to Max for nailing the predicted outcome. Seems like a pretty decent result to me, the market is way soft now.
Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I wish I did this a year ago. Probably would've gotten closer to 40 but I think this guy is getting a hell of a car for 36k before fees.

IIRC I paid around $39k for it when I bought it.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Regarding M3 ramz, I emailed Apex asking about running ramz without spacers and he suggested running a 19x10 all around and linked me to this car. A 275/35 will still fit on a 10" width but I'm going up a half inch in width at the front. That half inch is probably meaningless and if the weather is that bad I'm not going to be driving anyway.

https://apexwheels.com/gallery/bmw/m3/g ... -gold-1431

Here's a 19x9.5 wheel and it takes a 15mm spacer to look even remotely flush.

https://apexwheels.com/gallery/bmw/m3/g ... acite-1011
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:24 pm Congrats on the sale and to Max for nailing the predicted outcome. Seems like a pretty decent result to me, the market is way soft now.
Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I wish I did this a year ago. Probably would've gotten closer to 40 but I think this guy is getting a hell of a car for 36k before fees.

Well Matt have been harder/more to get the M3, seems like a wash. The R will be down another $5k+ in 12 months, just the times. It’s mostly good.

Plus $3k for almost four years is pretty damn good, leases a :gorf: for a hunnit a month.

I’m sure if I end up having to sell the 86 for a four door I’ll be down like $10k :ohwell:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:52 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:20 pm

Well Matt have been harder/more to get the M3, seems like a wash. The R will be down another $5k+ in 12 months, just the times. It’s mostly good.

Plus $3k for almost four years is pretty damn good, leases a :gorf: for a hunnit a month.

I’m sure if I end up having to sell the 86 for a four door I’ll be down like $10k :ohwell:
Maybe. M3 sticker prices have gone up by about 2k every model year :doe: . But who knows if I’d have been able to get one without issues.

Buyer is overnighting me a cashiers check tomorrow so I should have it Friday. Deposit it and make sure it clears then he’s going to have it shipped down. Going to call my local tag place about how to transfer title but so far so good with C&B.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:52 pm

Maybe. M3 sticker prices have gone up by about 2k every model year :doe: . But who knows if I’d have been able to get one without issues.

Buyer is overnighting me a cashiers check tomorrow so I should have it Friday. Deposit it and make sure it clears then he’s going to have it shipped down. Going to call my local tag place about how to transfer title but so far so good with C&B.
I would think that they'd handle that for you given the fee is fairly significant, but :ohwell: Hopefully it's an easy process, it's generally been pretty good for me when I owned the car outright.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:49 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:50 pm

I would think that they'd handle that for you given the fee is fairly significant, but :ohwell: Hopefully it's an easy process, it's generally been pretty good for me when I owned the car outright.
Apparently all I have to do is get my signature notarized on the title and send it to him. Then he just registers it at the DMV in Virginia to transfer title. So it should be easy.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:02 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:49 am

Apparently all I have to do is get my signature notarized on the title and send it to him. Then he just registers it at the DMV in Virginia to transfer title. So it should be easy.
That sounds right to me. Very similar to cali.

So the buyer is also fronting a shipping charge… dang he is paying what you paid in 2020 all said and done. Granted with Monopoly money
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:14 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:02 am

So the buyer is also fronting a shipping charge… dang he is paying what you paid in 2020 all said and done. Granted with Monopoly money
Yep. Although he said a closed shipping quote he got was around $800 which sounds reasonable to me. He's only a 6 hour drive so if he really wanted to he could have driven up and back.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:37 am
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:14 am

Yep. Although he said a closed shipping quote he got was around $800 which sounds reasonable to me. He's only a 6 hour drive so if he really wanted to he could have driven up and back.
$800 is #notbad looks like they came down a bit. I think it was like 3500 for a closed transport back in 2019 when I had my mini shipped. Granted it was across country. But I had them raw dog it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:52 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:38 pm Did the buyer already contact you? Cars and bids?

C&B swapped our contact info with each other and I emailed him. Haven't heard back yet but in the comments he said he'd be in touch shortly. C&B also gives you a post sale adviser and a link to create a bill of sale.

Judging by his area code it looks like he's in Virginia so I have to wait and see how he wants to collect the car. I'll give him wiring instructions later tonight or tomorrow but C&B says buyers are expected to pay in full within one week of the auction ending.
I have a good feeling he may be in my neck of the woods.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:02 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:52 pm

Maybe you'll see it driving around. He's in Chesapeake.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:48 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:02 pm

Perhaps for some reason if he comes to my area, thats roughly 1.5 hours south of me
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:35 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:48 pm

Perhaps for some reason if he comes to my area, thats roughly 1.5 hours south of me
I guess not then. :ohwell:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Floating center caps ordered. Can't have people looking at the bimmer logo all wrong. :wasteful:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:32 am Floating center caps ordered. Can't have people looking at the bimmer logo all wrong. :wasteful:
:dat: pre modding ! Where is the Beemer today. ?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:58 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:32 am Floating center caps ordered. Can't have people looking at the bimmer logo all wrong. :wasteful:
Seeing/hearing “beemer” always makes me chuckle. A gal I dated years ago was talking about wanting a new car.. I asked what she wanted and she said a “beemer”. Okay cool, any particular kind/model? “A BMW”. Yeah, but what BMW? “A BMW ‘Beemer’”. It took far longer than it should have to explain to her that “beemer” was a nickname for the BMW brand, and that they did not have a car called a “beemer” :lol:
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:08 pm

Seeing/hearing “beemer” always makes me chuckle. A gal I dated years ago was talking about wanting a new car.. I asked what she wanted and she said a “beemer”. Okay cool, any particular kind/model? “A BMW”. Yeah, but what BMW? “A BMW ‘Beemer’”. It took far longer than it should have to explain to her that “beemer” was a nickname for the BMW brand, and that they did not have a car called a “beemer” :lol:
She sounds hot
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:12 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:08 pm

She sounds hot
She was lol. Smoking body too.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Since I'm buying the apex wheels I needed to buy new center caps anyway. I'll put the floating ones on the 826m's and take the standard bmw ones that came with 826m's and put them on the apex's.

The boat is currently docked in Zeebrugge Belgium which got me thinking, why does bmw ship cars by boat to Belgium when Germany is right next to it? You'd think train would make more sense. Should be leaving Belgium tonight and then going to Southampton in the UK. It leaves Southampton on the 20th and arrives in NYC on the 29th.