OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:41 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:08 pm

This is so important and undervalued, IMO.

Also, did you guys officially jump the broom?
according to the government no, but we are basically
Fuck the government.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:17 pm

Fuck the government.
Ye
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

Had our annual performance reviews. Got 5s across the board. I led our whole division for amount of money obligated to contracts this fiscal year, and led my team in number of contract actions completed. Feels good man. Getting an out of cycle raise as my performance bonus.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:22 pm Weekend was cool. Saturday went to a ski/snow convention thing to try to find some deals on last season’s gear. Michelle ended up with a whole new board and bindings for what just the board would have normally cost :notbad:

Sunday we had planned to go see this hillside where a lumber company planted some larch trees in with all of the evergreens in the shape of a smiley face so when the colors change in the fall the smiley face emerges. Pretty cool. The view from the road wasn’t what I had hoped though, apparently all the shots of it on the interwebs are arial/drone shots. Still cool to see. We decided it’d be even cooler to see on shrooms, so we hit some of those a little before we got there and then just tripped out in the car for a while until they wore off and we could drive home :lol:
I'd love to try some shrooms one day.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:18 pm Had our annual performance reviews. Got 5s across the board. I led our whole division for amount of money obligated to contracts this fiscal year, and led my team in number of contract actions completed. Feels good man. Getting an out of cycle raise as my performance bonus.
:fuckyeah:
Most :impressive: , :sawce: ! Well done.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:51 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:22 pm Weekend was cool. Saturday went to a ski/snow convention thing to try to find some deals on last season’s gear. Michelle ended up with a whole new board and bindings for what just the board would have normally cost :notbad:

Sunday we had planned to go see this hillside where a lumber company planted some larch trees in with all of the evergreens in the shape of a smiley face so when the colors change in the fall the smiley face emerges. Pretty cool. The view from the road wasn’t what I had hoped though, apparently all the shots of it on the interwebs are arial/drone shots. Still cool to see. We decided it’d be even cooler to see on shrooms, so we hit some of those a little before we got there and then just tripped out in the car for a while until they wore off and we could drive home :lol:
I’m a big fan. A low dose of .5-1g gives me a nice euphoric feeling with zero impairment. 1.5-2g things just start to look kinda cool. 2.5-3g and I’m seeing some shit. Nature is 5/7 on them.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:18 pm Had our annual performance reviews. Got 5s across the board. I led our whole division for amount of money obligated to contracts this fiscal year, and led my team in number of contract actions completed. Feels good man. Getting an out of cycle raise as my performance bonus.
Thanks! I’m pretty proud of myself and pleased with the recognition/reward.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Congrats dude!!
SAWCE

Thanks Mang!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:39 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:24 pm

:fuckyeah: man, sounds well deserved. I hope the merit increase is significant!
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:25 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:39 pm

We have set steps in our pay scale with the gov, so at my current level that next step is ~3.2%. Not huge, but I’ll take it. I’ll get another one of those in May for my normal scheduled increase, and hopefully we actually get the ~5% raise that Biden proposed rolling into next year. Still waiting on congress to pass an actual budget though, so who know if that’ll happen.

If that happens, between the two step increases and the COLA raise I’ll be sitting a decent amount higher than I am now next May.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:33 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:25 pm

We have set steps in our pay scale with the gov, so at my current level that next step is ~3.2%. Not huge, but I’ll take it. I’ll get another one of those in May for my normal scheduled increase, and hopefully we actually get the ~5% raise that Biden proposed rolling into next year. Still waiting on congress to pass an actual budget though, so who know if that’ll happen.

If that happens, between the two step increases and the COLA raise I’ll be sitting a decent amount higher than I am now next May.
Even 3.2 on top of 3.2 stacks up pretty nicely.

I have low hopes for any increases going into next year as our stock price is in the shittah, they just laid off more people last week, commission plan has been de-contented, spiffs are only being hit by like 2/120 people currently :lolol:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:53 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:33 pm

I have low hopes for any increases going into next year as our stock price is in the shittah, they just laid off more people last week, commission plan has been de-contented, spiffs are only being hit by like 2/120 people currently :lolol:
Oh yeah even if the COLA increase doesn’t happen, that stack will add up quick.

Hope shit turns around for you guys. You’ve given them a lot of years and they’ve kinda shafted you the last few it seems.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:53 pm

Hope shit turns around for you guys. You’ve given them a lot of years and they’ve kinda shafted you the last few it seems.
I mean... I'm mostly just bitchin'. In many ways it's been a good place, beneshits/time off are good, the comp is honestly pretty good, commission has just become worse and worse. Fortunately I was promoted beginning of 2022 so I've largely continued making the same. Without that I would be down probably $30K/year 2023.

We actually had a town hall yesterday and our CEO take Q&A, someone asked 'what would you say to a salesperson that had to take a second job to make as much as they did in 2021 and prior?' which was quite :lolol:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:06 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:18 pm

I mean... I'm mostly just bitchin'. In many ways it's been a good place, beneshits/time off are good, the comp is honestly pretty good, commission has just become worse and worse. Fortunately I was promoted beginning of 2022 so I've largely continued making the same. Without that I would be down probably $30K/year 2023.

We actually had a town hall yesterday and our CEO take Q&A, someone asked 'what would you say to a salesperson that had to take a second job to make as much as they did in 2021 and prior?' which was quite :lolol:
:ohdang: What did he say?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:09 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:06 pm

:ohdang: What did he say?
Kinda nothing. He definitely got visibly frustrated and he normally is pretty :impressive: as a speaker. I've noticed since becoming a public company it's much more of a dog and pony show, make excuses and talk around questions type :dill: though.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:17 pm

Fuck the government.
The fact that our tax dollars does not exactly benefit for even a small hint of our quality of life.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

weekend planz?

I for once have no planz, so plan to do some 'me' shit. Weather looks to be better than initially predicted with some rain today only

today after work:
lunch with buddy
get gift for wife
close a bank account
get kid from skool
house appraisal

weekend:
New raspberry pi should come in so get that up and running
spend some time organizing my shop
replace the faucet in the basement apt
go run the hill or play some forza
do my grocery store beer project
play date for kid and friend
meal prep/plan for next week
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:tits: is taking her (I guess our) niece to Disneyworld this weekend. I refused to go :lolol: so I'll be indulging in some me time.

I think tomorrow I will go for an AM bike ride, then work on organizing the new shed. I installed some track storage and hung up the bikes yesterday, pretty :excited: I also started a loft in it last weekend but didn't finish, so I'll knock that out. I also am picking up too more trees to plant in the yard, a cedar and a pine, pretty stoked on the trees even though it's a long game to get them big.

Saturday evening maybe some beers with Cale/other frands if interested.

Sunday likely finish up the trees/shed/other shit and hang with :tits: when she gets home from Orlando.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

They're actually legal in dc and there are chocolates for it :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:40 am

Maybe on the next work trip. Eat them at Great Falls and walk in the woods a little :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:45 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:40 am

Maybe on the next work trip. Eat them at Great Falls and walk in the woods a little :lolol:
Rock creek is safer imo. And we'll go to a brewery in VA. After my local neighborhood brewery decided to close abruptly.

Maybe bring the gt86. But thats a long drive
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Since :tits: has day off due to veterans day and I work in the afternoon. We decided to go to VA for silver diners for brunch. Originally bob & edith (only in VA). But it was hella packed and its a small place, so we decided to ditch it and now were in silver diner in Alexandria/South Arlington.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:46 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:45 am

Rock creek is safer imo. And we'll go to a brewery in VA. After my local neighborhood brewery decided to close abruptly.

Maybe bring the gt86. But thats a long drive
I think I'd get in trouble with my boss if I submitted mileage to the tune of like... 1400.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:39 am weekend planz?

I for once have no planz, so plan to do some 'me' shit. Weather looks to be better than initially predicted with some rain today only

today after work:
lunch with buddy
get gift for wife
close a bank account
get kid from skool
house appraisal

weekend:
New raspberry pi should come in so get that up and running
spend some time organizing my shop
replace the faucet in the basement apt
go run the hill or play some forza
do my grocery store beer project
play date for kid and friend
meal prep/plan for next week
Nice.

Gonna go to a show tonight. This Wild Life.. mostly acoustic duo that does emo/pop-punk type stuff. I’ve become e-bros with one of the guys and he put me on his guest-list for tonight’s show which was rad of him.

Tomorrow just chilling and lifting, maybe run errands like grocery shopping. Babysitting my buddy’s kid while him and his wife go to a show too.

No plans for Sunday. Probably clean the house and play video games.