OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:42 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:18 pm

Dang :mahman: , that is a lot of updates. Not surprised to hear a few arguments/bumps in the road after moving in with the GF, seems like pretty par for the course, definitely an adjustment but I'm sure it will work out in the end. Hope that the health challenges work out, definitely exercising could help, it is honestly all that's keeping me sane these days.
Now that weather is getting nicer being fall, ill certainly take advantage of it tomorrow early morning, also looking forward to ride bikes from silver spring to national mall. I began to notice more and more trails now.But yeah i am accustomed. I am starting to realize that i am a little bit more privileged growing up compared to :tits: being an oldest daughter in latina household take care of their siblings vs me being partially that. I always thought i was responsible in the house. But not to her standards. Only child vs siblings that is
It's funny, there are many challenges to being in a relationship. I think that communication is the numero uno, but not far after that is just the permanent rommies thing. Fortunately :tits: and I are pretty similar as far as cleanliness and both being neat freaks but even then we have our differences. Like she loves deep cleaning and gets bent out of shape about a little dust or something like that whereas I am mega triggered by clutter - shit left out, shoes on the floor, dishes in the sink... which she sometimes is :aintcare: on. I am also fine with having a yard that's a solid 5/10, neighborhood average and she wants more.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:38 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:54 am

:iono: just a lot of little shit that gets to be :disgust: in total.

Out of the past three weeks I've been on the road two and in-office 8AM-9PM the final week for a team get together/summit of sorts.

:tits: is seriously depressed and in a terrible mood. She rebounded after the miscarriage OK and the kind of spiraled down, she feels like all of her friends have kids and she has nothing in common with them anymore, hates her job, has to have surgery this week to remove part of the fetus that somehow got missed by the other doctors ( :wtf: ), looking to start IVF again but at this point we're both :disgust: with it all

My dad is degrading at a very rapid rate and my mom is trying really hard but isn't really cut out to be a caretaker and is struggling

I'm eating/drinking my feelings and slowly getting :fatty:

Trying to 'fix' our yard after the trees fell and smashed our shed is a huge pain and another thing :tits: is frustrated by, but she doesn't want to commit to spending money on anything

:ohwell:

I have been actually daily driving the GR86 all week and I will say, exploding motor and all, I love driving this car. All of my coworkers kind of went nuts over it like it was some amazing thing and I'm rich AF which is also kind of fun.

I'm in final interviewing stages for a job at Bosch on their audio team which honestly seems pretty great and I'm tempted to jump to if the opportunity comes through.
Wow dude. Those mid 30s blues. I clink my glass to you.
Why can't I just be 19 again :lolol: ?
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:10 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:38 pm

Wow dude. Those mid 30s blues. I clink my glass to you.
Do you really want to go back to that :gay: roomie experience and $500 a month rent ?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:04 am

Do you really want to go back to that :gay: roomie experience and $500 a month rent ?
:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The sitch at 19 was actually better. But some days, 25 sounds pretty good too. No responsibility, no worries, a sick Corvette, living in a hotel most times, plenty of disposable income. :pouroneout:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:26 am

The sitch at 19 was actually better. But some days, 25 sounds pretty good too. No responsibility, no worries, a sick Corvette, living in a hotel most times, plenty of disposable income. :pouroneout:
Wasnt life great. Living with 2 turbo yarises. Now that I thought about a golf r. We even went inside of a mk8 gti while we were appraising her fiesta at carmax. She said :nope: you're not going back there again.

But getting a 3rd egg is kinda silly.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:36 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:42 pm

Now that weather is getting nicer being fall, ill certainly take advantage of it tomorrow early morning, also looking forward to ride bikes from silver spring to national mall. I began to notice more and more trails now.But yeah i am accustomed. I am starting to realize that i am a little bit more privileged growing up compared to :tits: being an oldest daughter in latina household take care of their siblings vs me being partially that. I always thought i was responsible in the house. But not to her standards. Only child vs siblings that is
It's funny, there are many challenges to being in a relationship. I think that communication is the numero uno, but not far after that is just the permanent rommies thing. Fortunately :tits: and I are pretty similar as far as cleanliness and both being neat freaks but even then we have our differences. Like she loves deep cleaning and gets bent out of shape about a little dust or something like that whereas I am mega triggered by clutter - shit left out, shoes on the floor, dishes in the sink... which she sometimes is :aintcare: on. I am also fine with having a yard that's a solid 5/10, neighborhood average and she wants more.
One of the cool things about having an uncle whose almost 20 years younger than my mom is i can see his transitions growing up. From being the single nfg teen ager, to a couple girlfriends into a serious relationships. Marriage, children etc. i have seen it all, witnessed all. For learning, i find it as a blessing.

There was one night I will never forget. This was when my mk7 gti was new-ish. My aunts parents had a summer house about roughly 1.5 hours away from istanbul, on a good day. When we were on the way back and while she has work the next day early in the morning. My uncle thinks it is a great idea to leave after dinner. Which went from a 1.5 hour drive to a 4 hour drive because of a tragic accident. My uncle's "shortcuts" was bad that we went through the :mahtroy: equivalent of istanbul with witnessing prostitudes. Ended up coming home around 3 am. I remember my aunt said to my uncle you always think about yourself etc. it was bad enough that she did not talk to him or stayed home for a week, until my uncle figured something out.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So I was taking the accord inspection. Since I am keeping the VA plates as I want to still keep it registered to my parents address. Meaning I have to cross the river to get her inspected.

First I decided to see if I can take it to Tysons Corner, which is close to the border, so I can macbook and forum at a coffee shop like a :millennial: theres no gas stations that does that there nor scooters to get my ass there. Fuck it, then decided to go to the gas station I have always taken it there. But it is a mile walk and theres nothing else to do in that area. They had scooters there before. But not there apparently. So I decided one last place in Alexandria, again near the dc border/river.

Finally what I am been looking for. A shell where i can get the bitch inspected. Only problem, having to wait until 4:30 pm. At the time I went was an hour ago. So I decided to go there next week whenever I have a day off. There's some places I can hang out, maybe a happy hour, whatever the case maybe.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:20 pm So I was taking the accord inspection. Since I am keeping the VA plates as I want to still keep it registered to my parents address. Meaning I have to cross the river to get her inspected.

First I decided to see if I can take it to Tysons Corner, which is close to the border, so I can macbook and forum at a coffee shop like a :millennial: theres no gas stations that does that there nor scooters to get my ass there. Fuck it, then decided to go to the gas station I have always taken it there. But it is a mile walk and theres nothing else to do in that area. They had scooters there before. But not there apparently. So I decided one last place in Alexandria, again near the dc border/river.

Finally what I am been looking for. A shell where i can get the bitch inspected. Only problem, having to wait until 4:30 pm. At the time I went was an hour ago. So I decided to go there next week whenever I have a day off. There's some places I can hang out, maybe a happy hour, whatever the case maybe.
Damn I have a pretty cool place right in my neighborhood that will normally get me in within 20 minutes, I just sit in their waiting room on the lappy.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:34 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:20 pm So I was taking the accord inspection. Since I am keeping the VA plates as I want to still keep it registered to my parents address. Meaning I have to cross the river to get her inspected.

Damn I have a pretty cool place right in my neighborhood that will normally get me in within 20 minutes, I just sit in their waiting room on the lappy.
Yeah ill just try my luck to go early since it wasn't the first place in mind to stop by, 4-5 hours is long.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

discuss. oh neat auto embeded
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:24 pm discuss. oh neat auto embeded
Read the whole thing the dude sounds like an absolute self hating cuck.

Also no pics
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:24 pm discuss. oh neat auto embeded
People are wild. Sounds like some shit a few buddies of mine would have done in their younger degenerate days.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

kinda reminds me of my spanish coworker that a boy raped his mom because she did not gave him money. Thats just beyond fucked up
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:29 pm kinda reminds me of my spanish coworker that a boy raped his mom because she did not gave him money. Thats just beyond fucked up
Did you read the story?

Cliffs notes are:
a self hating loser picked up a bum then spent 3 days wooing her in his kids room and hooked up twice. No idea why it’s worthy of a 10 page story.

There was no rape anywhere. Just a pathetic hookup between two pathetic people
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:29 pm kinda reminds me of my spanish coworker that a boy raped his mom because she did not gave him money. Thats just beyond fucked up
:wtf:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:42 pm
Did you read the story?

Cliffs notes are:
a self hating loser picked up a bum then spent 3 days wooing her in his kids room and hooked up twice. No idea why it’s worthy of a 10 page story.

It seemed like something I didn't want to click on my work machine :nope:

Sounds like a waste of time :disgust:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:53 pm

Did you read the story?

Cliffs notes are:

:dat:
:nope:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Did you read the story?

Cliffs notes are:

Honestly I am mad at myself for reading that absolute vile garbage for 5min. Thanks BRAD!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

a lot of reddit posts like that are teetering between reality or an exercise in creative writing. a lot of these stories are not even real, just people karma farming on throwaway accounts.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:03 pm

Honestly I am mad at myself for reading that absolute vile garbage for 5min. Thanks BRAD!
:bow: :fax:
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:56 pm a lot of reddit posts like that are teetering between reality or an exercise in creative writing. a lot of these stories are not even real, just people karma farming on throwaway accounts.
Its both plausible and entertaining so....

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Did you read the story?

Cliffs notes are:

It looked too long, so i decided to not to waste my time. But just emphasizing that things are getting sick
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:56 pm a lot of reddit posts like that are teetering between reality or an exercise in creative writing. a lot of these stories are not even real, just people karma farming on throwaway accounts.
:tits: is on the rabbit hole for reddit stories off tiktok where it seems like kind of realistic but not really. Feels like an exaggeration.

I for myself just don't lol
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Sounds like a cuck
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Moving day tomorrow. House is pretty gnarly right now. All boxes everywhere. I’m surrounded by cardboard.