IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Also mind the woman keeping the tsx in the family wasn’t the worst idea after eh ?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:34 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:28 pm 1800-Get-Fuck(ed)

Definitely curious how making lemonade goes. I imagine it can't be as simple as requesting it with the :dillerman: Also, is there any counter offer you would accept? Keep the car but get six months lease payments on them or something?
Hmm good question. I’d probably take 6 months of “free.99” lease. But frankly … my experience doesn’t seem uncommon based on browsing the forums… so I could have another 30+ day service fuck time.

I don’t have the patience for this… and I don’t think it’s right to have a car for “service” for this long. I don’t even know if it’ll be fixed “Monday” (day 32) or whenever they will finally call me.

Funny enough I typed up 1800 get fucked but I didn’t want Brad to think I was referring to him in my response. Such PC much wow
:lolol:

My skin is thicker than this, but I would have got where you were going in the context.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:32 pm :excited: for the V8 'fendie.
Right? I have no idea how we ended up at two electric BMWs, nor how when one of these turned out to be a dud the backup plan was a V8 Defender, and I don't really care.

V8 Defender is one of my most desired SUVs, and idud is one of my least. The Defender looks cooler than hell to start out with, and when you add the elite powertrain it is doubly bad ass.
I can get behind the shortwheelbase four cylinder with Steelies and otherwise stripped, but that I6 with turbochargers, superchargers, battery chargers, and charger chargers just looks like something that will make you cannon fodder for $400/hr. LR techs the minute it is out of warranty. It's not special enough or cool enough to warrant the zany price tag. The V8 version is. But, like, that's just my opinion man.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:36 pm
It wouldnt be a quick transaction though … i expect a bit of :hibachi: probably 2-4 weeks to settle with bmw…

Then Dec or so to buy the other car… also an I6 powered Fendie is a solid 30k cheaper so I may still :scrooge:
$15K/cylinder is a big ask :notsure:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

V8 defender would be a very cool dad car
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I would pump and dump, buy near end of warranty then dump after warranty expires. I don't trust the Defender personally.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:53 pm
Right? I have no idea how we ended up at two electric BMWs, nor how when one of these turned out to be a dud the backup plan was a V8 Defender, and I don't really care.

V8 Defender is one of my most desired SUVs, and idud is one of my least. The Defender looks cooler than hell to start out with, and when you add the elite powertrain it is doubly bad ass.
I can get behind the shortwheelbase four cylinder with Steelies and otherwise stripped, but that I6 with turbochargers, superchargers, battery chargers, and charger chargers just looks like something that will make you cannon fodder for $400/hr. LR techs the minute it is out of warranty. It's not special enough or cool enough to warrant the zany price tag. The V8 version is. But, like, that's just my opinion man.
I guess I should revisit the why ? It must have gotten lost somewhere in the pages past.

The i4 was/is a Great car … i was looking for a throwaway commuter for work. Which I got …

The woman was shopping for an suv… we drove the 4Runner, GL450, GLC43 amg, SQ5, Macan S and Macan base, Model Y performance. All of them somewhat sucked in one or many ways… the Model X which remains one of her fav cars was 20k more … 6 weeks ago … (maybe it’ll come back on the list … not sure)

The IX came about after the I4 as they started running crazy lease specials right after I got my commuter.

The IX has great space, safety etc and it allowed us to get another EV that’s not boring… for a very reasonable price. Looks aside as we both don’t like the IX styling all that much… it is the best driving, performing, spacious and cheapest to own of the bunch.

I get the styling hate, but unless any of you actually drove one :stfu:

Yet … here we are with the shit show of premium service experience.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:59 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:36 pm

It wouldnt be a quick transaction though … i expect a bit of :hibachi: probably 2-4 weeks to settle with bmw…

Then Dec or so to buy the other car… also an I6 powered Fendie is a solid 30k cheaper so I may still :scrooge:
It is and the I6 is a solid 500lbs lighter also…
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:36 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:59 pm

It is and the I6 is a solid 500lbs lighter also…
:gtfo:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This is not the time to be buying a sports car. So get a Cheerio/booger machine with the big motor.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:34 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:53 pm

I guess I should revisit the why ? It must have gotten lost somewhere in the pages past.

The i4 was/is a Great car … i was looking for a throwaway commuter for work. Which I got …

The woman was shopping for an suv… we drove the 4Runner, GL450, GLC43 amg, SQ5, Macan S and Macan base, Model Y performance. All of them somewhat sucked in one or many ways… the Model X which remains one of her fav cars was 20k more … 6 weeks ago … (maybe it’ll come back on the list … not sure)

The IX came about after the I4 as they started running crazy lease specials right after I got my commuter.

The IX has great space, safety etc and it allowed us to get another EV that’s not boring… for a very reasonable price. Looks aside as we both don’t like the IX styling all that much… it is the best driving, performing, spacious and cheapest to own of the bunch.

Perfectly logical. Let divine providence/the fates/the real talk that Bavarian Motor Works didn't mean ELECTRIC motors until quite recently send you into the loving arms of 5.BRO Force Fed 4X4.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:51 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:34 pm

Perfectly logical. Let divine providence/the fates/the real talk that Bavarian Motor Works didn't mean ELECTRIC motors until quite recently send you into the loving arms of 5.BRO Force Fed 4X4.
To be fair … the i3 came out in 2014, and was more mainstream than tesla … I don’t know how they fucked this one up so much. They had a decade to “fix” teething issues.

But I am still not sure if it’ll get bought back. Will Report back as soon as we pass the deadline and next steps.
max225

Meanwhile in two faced chronicle land:

Loaner parked in hospital parking lot … exciting times. I really am taking the new guy home in that pile.
max225

In Case anyone is curious. It all went well so far. Everyone is healthy. Really surprised by the strength of a 5’ 105# azn who didn’t cry one tear during the entire procedure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:05 pm In Case anyone is curious. It all went well so far. Everyone is healthy. Really surprised by the strength of a 5’ 105# azn who didn’t cry one tear during the entire procedure.
:fuckyeah:
Congrats, dude!
:baby:

So the C-section went smoothly then?

Weight/length/name of the little bugger?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:11 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:05 pm In Case anyone is curious. It all went well so far. Everyone is healthy. Really surprised by the strength of a 5’ 105# azn who didn’t cry one tear during the entire procedure.
Congrats, dude!

Yep. Went great. Can’t imagine another way to be honest.

7# 13oz 21.1”
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:16 pm
wap wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:11 pm

Congrats, dude!

Yep. Went great. Can’t imagine another way to be honest.

7# 13oz 21.1”
:nice:
Glad to hear all went well.

So, dad, huh? Howzit feel?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Congrats Max! Glad things went smooth and everyone is healthy. Enjoy it mang.
max225

Having a tough time posting here … keep getting logged out between every post
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

11 ib baby checking in, congrats max, you are officially a father with a futuristic dad mobile
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:06 pm Having a tough time posting here … keep getting logged out between every post
That’s the universe telling you to enjoy your new child instead of posting on dfd
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:45 am
max225 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:06 pm Having a tough time posting here … keep getting logged out between every post
That’s the universe telling you to enjoy your new child instead of posting on dfd
He’s asleep. Not much to enjoy. I’m bored. This is a welcome distraction
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:46 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:45 am

He’s asleep. Not much to enjoy. I’m bored. This is a welcome distraction
just you wait :D
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Congrats on the healthy birth of your baby, Max. Hopefully ur tough little lady recovers well. Good luck broski
max225

Tar wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:07 am Congrats on the healthy birth of your baby, Max. Hopefully ur tough little lady recovers well. Good luck broski
Ty!