IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

wap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:13 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:01 pm 31 days is … wait for it … the day my son is scheduled to be born.
:wtf:
:ohdang:
First ones are often late, :doe: no?
They come when they come. Mine was 2 weeks early.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:15 pm

C section life … I mean it’s great and all that I have a loaner but now 2 weeks in the shop with an extra 9 days minimum before I can even think about getting the car back … right before a newborn is …
Bullshit
A pretty shitty experience from a new near 6 figure vehicle. This was the exact experience I was trying to avoid by going new
The blackura will never let you down brah
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:40 pm

They come when they come. Mine was 2 weeks early.
Hmm, interesting. But isn't that unusual for the first? Seems like every first born I know was late. :iono:
Admittedly, I know squat about birthin' babies.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:34 pm

C section life … I mean it’s great and all that I have a loaner but now 2 weeks in the shop with an extra 9 days minimum before I can even think about getting the car back … right before a newborn is …
Bullshit
A pretty shitty experience from a new near 6 figure vehicle. This was the exact experience I was trying to avoid by going new
Yeah, that does suck, no doubt. :(
They know this far in advance that she'll need a C section?
Elective
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:54 pm
Elective
Ow wow. Curious as to why. Just for the convenience of knowing when :baby: comes so planning is easier? Otherwise, :notsure: why you'd elect to have not minor abdominal surgery. Again, no judgement, just curious.
max225

wap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:14 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:54 pm
Elective
Ow wow. Curious as to why. Just for the convenience of knowing when :baby: comes so planning is easier? Otherwise, :notsure: why you'd elect to have not minor abdominal surgery. Again, no judgement, just curious.
Not my body not my choice. Woman thinks it’s the better way to go. No labor complications, set time, we also have a big size differential and the kid is big already. No matter how you choose to push that creature out it will wreck the lady.
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:20 pm

Not my body not my choice. Woman thinks it’s the better way to go. No labor complications, set time, we also have a big size differential and the kid is big already. No matter how you choose to push that creature out it will wreck the lady.
:word:
Forgot about her hobbit status. That seems to be a pretty good reason by itself. :lol: Godspeed to her.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:01 pm 31 days is … wait for it … the day my son is scheduled to be born.
:wtf:
That should make an interesting bed time story for the future with the futuristic bavarian saga
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:37 am
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:44 am

Nothing will happen until day 30. After 30 days you can push the issue further if they still have the car. Until then, you've been provided like transportation and minimized inconvenience.

If the car is finished in less than 30 days you'll likely be offered compensation of 1-2 lease payments (or equivalent cash) and reimbursement for your out of pocket fuel/charging expenses.

I can call my rep on day 28 of a repair and nothing can be done... Call him on day 31 and the customer gets a 5 digit offer to keep the car and wait for the repair to complete, or a buyback offer.
In your state is it 31 "total" days or "consecutive days" ? The laws can differ...
In NJ and PA… Total. Most manufacturers work on that basis to factor in repeat/new issues down the road.

Let the clock tick and let them try to fix it. I will be blown away if you don’t get any comp.

Most of these problems are all software/firmware issues and many control units can’t be flashed and have to be replaced.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:46 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:37 am
In your state is it 31 "total" days or "consecutive days" ? The laws can differ...
In NJ and PA… Total. Most manufacturers work on that basis to factor in repeat/new issues down the road.

Let the clock tick and let them try to fix it. I will be blown away if you don’t get any comp.

Most of these problems are all software/firmware issues and many control units can’t be flashed and have to be replaced.
They are submitting with bmfs to cancel one payment…. Which seems fair. Hopefully this doesn’t disqualify me from future lemon law issues etc.

I cleaned the loaner today inside since it looks like I’ll be spending a lot of time in it still and someone spilled some sort of crap on the cup holders and steering wheel.

I’m pretty disappointed in the current experience given I gave bmw quite a bit of business

Ty for the inside info.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:01 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:46 pm

They are submitting with bmfs to cancel one payment…. Which seems fair. Hopefully this doesn’t disqualify me from future lemon law issues etc.

I cleaned the loaner today inside since it looks like I’ll be spending a lot of time in it still and someone spilled some sort of crap on the cup holders and steering wheel.

I’m pretty disappointed in the current experience given I gave bmw quite a bit of business

Ty for the inside info.
If VW bought back my lemon of a :gorf: 3 years after purchase I'm hopeful bmw will do the same with a much newer car.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:20 pm

C sections will wreck a woman's body far more than vaginal birth. Splitting open abdominal muscles is a pretty good way to make sure they'll never quite work the same way again.
max225

Yay lets make this a birthing thread. :disgust:

Today is... day 14 :hubba: Officially in service longer than I have owned the car. :bs:
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

As if I didn't already view the electric car as a newfangled toy, this thread is not turning the tide for me.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:16 pm As if I didn't already view the electric car as a newfangled toy, this thread is not turning the tide for me.
:dat: , I do like some of the modern features :doe: , ACC on the Cammie is pretty dece. 5/7 would check that box again, so I'm sure self driving would be a :nice: feature.
max225

I4 doesn’t even have acc :doomed:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:33 am Yay lets make this a birthing thread. :disgust:

Today is... day 14 :hubba: Officially in service longer than I have owned the car. :bs:
So you’re like 2 weeks away from due date? I remember my wife being enormously irritable and unable to sleep at that time. I guess I get to do it all again in like 6 months or something.

Which car has the baby seat and go bag?
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:00 pm I4 doesn’t even have acc :doomed:
BMW is the only one that can get away with this when every Honda and Toyota gets this standard. They’ve always been stingy with standard equipment.

I still like them though.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:02 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:33 am Yay lets make this a birthing thread. :disgust:

So you’re like 2 weeks away from due date? I remember my wife being enormously irritable and unable to sleep at that time. I guess I get to do it all again in like 6 months or something.

Which car has the baby seat and go bag?
Just about 2 and change. I’m not doing this kid shit again. Enjoy the “fun 1-6 months”. While you can… also it seems like the doubling up on kids really opens up a lot of newer issues. Pretty wild, my buddy is going through it now also. Y’all are on the same schedule.

I’m 5 min from hospital so no car has it. Depending on when the car will be fixed and if it will be, will determine the vehicle.

I wanted to do the taco. But woman will tear her guts open getting in. So that won’t happen
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Having the first kid is always the hardest because that’s the one that completely Re-adjusts your life/structure/etc. nothing wrong with going for 2 as long as you’re okay with ending up with Twins/etc. YMMV

I am having a blast with this young one because I got all of my anxiety/fears/troubleshooting out of the way with the first one.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:34 pm Having the first kid is always the hardest because that’s the one that completely Re-adjusts your life/structure/etc. nothing wrong with going for 2 as long as you’re okay with ending up with Twins/etc. YMMV

I am having a blast with this young one because I got all of my anxiety/fears/troubleshooting out of the way with the first one.
:hai: :narc: !

Doing good?
Glad to hear you're enjoying the new :baby:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:34 pm Having the first kid is always the hardest because that’s the one that completely Re-adjusts your life/structure/etc. nothing wrong with going for 2 as long as you’re okay with ending up with Twins/etc. YMMV

:yikes:

Great to hear you're enjoying the second little bundle of joy. Some aspects are definitely a whole lot easier the second time around, though, at least to me, there's something uniquely special about becoming a parent for the first time.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

coogles wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:23 pm

Great to hear you're enjoying the second little bundle of joy. Some aspects are definitely a whole lot easier the second time around, though, at least to me, there's something uniquely special about becoming a parent for the first time.
I don't disagree, I guess what I was trying to say was sometimes you get so immersed in learning everything for the first time, being stressed out about milestones, structure, scheduling, etc. with the first one, that I personally feel like I am enjoying the process from start with the second one a bit more relaxed, so I catch the stuff that I missed/overlooked with the first one.

Our first one is very special in her own way as without her I wouldn't have known what it is like to be a parent, but I am definitely a lot more relaxed/having more fun with the second one (and the combination of them both).
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:21 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:23 pm

I don't disagree, I guess what I was trying to say was sometimes you get so immersed in learning everything for the first time, being stressed out about milestones, structure, scheduling, etc. with the first one, that I personally feel like I am enjoying the process from start with the second one a bit more relaxed, so I catch the stuff that I missed/overlooked with the first one.

Our first one is very special in her own way as without her I wouldn't have known what it is like to be a parent, but I am definitely a lot more relaxed/having more fun with the second one (and the combination of them both).
I could see that for sure
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Bullshit
Things are different now, it’s rare to have a :baby: late as you can schedule induced labor, c section, etc. far in advance.