DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:23 am Back is back to like 95% good so did some squats witht he bar and pulled a set of 5 at 315 (63%1RM) to try and encourage some healing.

Shoulder is better but still aint right.

I might need to spend a couple months doing high rep/low(er) weight to assist with healing.
What is the why behind lifting so heavy? Seems like you're getting hurt a lot :mahman: Might be time to hang up the 1RM jersey and move on to a different workout format.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:35 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:23 am Back is back to like 95% good so did some squats witht he bar and pulled a set of 5 at 315 (63%1RM) to try and encourage some healing.

I might need to spend a couple months doing high rep/low(er) weight to assist with healing.
What is the why behind lifting so heavy? Seems like you're getting hurt a lot :mahman: Might be time to hang up the 1RM jersey and move on to a different workout format.
The same reason we all do it:

golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Best way to get stronger is to lift heavier shit :iono:

For realsies tho, I have only 'tried' to test 1rms 3-4 times in as many years. using that 531 spreadsheet, sometimes on the 5-3-1 week, one is all that is in the tank. When i tweaked my back i was on rep #3, and they were feeling good and prob would have went for 4.

I think perhaps I am just getting to my genetic potential at this level of programing / chemical assist. Still have not decided what to do moving forward but I am sure it will still involve heavy lifts at least every week.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:37 pm

Best way to get stronger is to lift heavier shit :iono:

For realsies tho, I have only 'tried' to test 1rms 3-4 times in as many years. using that 531 spreadsheet, sometimes on the 5-3-1 week, one is all that is in the tank. When i tweaked my back i was on rep #3, and they were feeling good and prob would have went for 4.

I think perhaps I am just getting to my genetic potential at this level of programing / chemical assist. Still have not decided what to do moving forward but I am sure it will still involve heavy lifts at least every week.
I loved 531 as well until I kept fucking up my back. I think the reality is some natural athletic prowess is required to do this shit right that I just don't have. I do certainly understand the hobby, I was into it for a long time and still do lift a couple times/week in hopes of maintenance, but just seems like maybe a bit higher volume/rep lower weight regimen would prevent a lot of injuries and allow for more consistent training. At the end of the day though, you do you.
SAWCE

We don’t need no stinking tripods :lol:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:46 pm Image

:nice: deep throat action, :bruh: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:55 pm

:nice: deep throat action, :bruh: :like:
:lolol:

Subscribe to my onlyfans to see more of that :gay: :hubba:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Looking good man. Where do you stop at this point?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:19 am

Thank you sir. I’m not sure, to be honest. I’ve come to the realization/acceptance that I’ll never “feel” as big as I am or be as big as I’d like.

Realistically, I think I’ve got another five-ish years left of training hard and gaining muscle at a decent rate. My current goal for that time frame is to try to add another 35-45lbs of muscle. From there it’ll be maintaining and maybe trying to slap on another pound or two a year for a few years before I need to pull back more and just fight to keep what I’ve got from disappearing too quickly.

I’m probably 15-20lbs of muscle from maxing my weight cap in the classic physique competitions. I’d like to step on stage at or close to that cap, and then after I’ve pushed past that go on as a true bodybuilder and compete as a super heavyweight at least once.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:08 am
Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:19 am

Thank you sir. I’m not sure, to be honest. I’ve come to the realization/acceptance that I’ll never “feel” as big as I am or be as big as I’d like.

Realistically, I think I’ve got another five-ish years left of training hard and gaining muscle at a decent rate. My current goal for that time frame is to try to add another 35-45lbs of muscle. From there it’ll be maintaining and maybe trying to slap on another pound or two a year for a few years before I need to pull back more and just fight to keep what I’ve got from disappearing too quickly.

I’m probably 15-20lbs of muscle from maxing my weight cap in the classic physique competitions. I’d like to step on stage at or close to that cap, and then after I’ve pushed past that go on as a true bodybuilder and compete as a super heavyweight at least once.
I feel like that's the case for everyone who takes up bodybuilding. From the interviews I've heard from dudes who try to come off of gear, that's even more true.

To anyone but someone DEEP into bodybuilding, you look not just big, but effing HUGE. You have great proportions as-is, seriously with no "need" for an extra 40 pounds of muscle.

The hard work has clearly paid off dude, your physique is incredibly impressive. :like:
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

The super high end bodybuilders don't look good - or even human - to me, frankly. Must be similar to anorexics thinking that they're still fat when they're unhealthily thin?
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:32 am

I feel like that's the case for everyone who takes up bodybuilding. From the interviews I've heard from dudes who try to come off of gear, that's even more true.

To anyone but someone DEEP into bodybuilding, you look not just big, but effing HUGE. You have great proportions as-is, seriously with no "need" for an extra 40 pounds of muscle.

The hard work has clearly paid off dude, your physique is incredibly impressive. :like:
:wub: thanks man! Hearing stuff like this definitely helps with me not pushing the needle even further (pun intended).

Coming off completely will be interesting for sure. I’m probably addicted to it to some extent. I can’t even imagine coming off completely and always just think about it as I’ll come down to an actual TRT dose of like 100-125mg/week.
SAWCE

Valkyrie wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:42 am The super high end bodybuilders don't look good - or even human - to me, frankly. Must be similar to anorexics thinking that they're still fat when they're unhealthily thin?
There’s definitely a similar level of body dysmorphia going on. The inhuman look is part of the appeal for those of us in it.. we know that people don’t think we look “good”. We just want to look like freaks.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:32 pm

:wub: thanks man! Hearing stuff like this definitely helps with me not pushing the needle even further (pun intended).

Coming off completely will be interesting for sure. I’m probably addicted to it to some extent. I can’t even imagine coming off completely and always just think about it as I’ll come down to an actual TRT dose of like 100-125mg/week.
agree you look yuge man good job.

I know all the gh is supposed to help when you come off but your endocrine system is so disregulated from years of use.... even if you get off completely you might need trt sooner in life than would be typical.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:47 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:32 pm

agree you look yuge man good job.

I know all the gh is supposed to help when you come off but your endocrine system is so disregulated from years of use.... even if you get off completely you might need trt sooner in life than would be typical.
Oh for sure.. that’s part of why I wonder if I’d come off completely at all or just drop to TRT one day. Maybe come off completely for a few months just to clear out my system and then make the move to true TRT.
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:44 pm

455x8. Think I had a 9th in the tank, but strap was slipping.
455x9.

Next week I move up to 465.
465x8. :fuckyeah: I’ll happily take a one rep drop with my first time hitting a 10lb jump. Should get 9-10 next time I attempt this and then we’ll be off to 475. 495x10 this summer seems well within reach.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat:

:sawce: physique is :mindblown: incredible and freakin' massive.

Unfortunately we as humans are almost all fighting the fight of thinking we're not good enough at whatever it is we're trying to do - look a certain way, perform our jobs/hobbies, maintain relationships, you name it.

I constantly see people on Strava who bike way more/faster than me and am like man, why didn't I ride 70 miles today even if I rode 50 yesterday. It's fucked and social media makes it way worse because we're then comparing ourselves to the most elite :lolol:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:59 pm

:dat:

:sawce: physique is :mindblown: incredible and freakin' massive.

Unfortunately we as humans are almost all fighting the fight of thinking we're not good enough at whatever it is we're trying to do - look a certain way, perform our jobs/hobbies, maintain relationships, you name it.

I constantly see people on Strava who bike way more/faster than me and am like man, why didn't I ride 70 miles today even if I rode 50 yesterday. It's fucked and social media makes it way worse because we're then comparing ourselves to the most elite :lolol:
Thanks dude!

:word: social media makes the mental fuckery way worse. Especially on the fitness side with people photoshopping their physiques and shit. It seems like everyone is massive and shredded 24/7.
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:22 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:09 pm

455x9.

Next week I move up to 465.
465x8. :fuckyeah: I’ll happily take a one rep drop with my first time hitting a 10lb jump. Should get 9-10 next time I attempt this and then we’ll be off to 475. 495x10 this summer seems well within reach.
465x8 again. Went for a 9th and got about 75% of the way there before I knew it was time to bail. Pretty happy with today’s lift considering my lifting days got all fucked up and I spent about 23 hours driving to Utah and back just a few days ago and still feel a little tight from that and the night on an air mattress.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:23 am ooofffff tweaked back again this week on a heavy week. 395 squats 3rd one felt it not be right. Pain is manageable but my left leg is weak or strained? :doomed:
Ok, I did do some 'light' squats at some point in the last month and kinda re aggravated the injury.

Did some light squats and deads today (225 & 315) and back feels ok, but gosh they were hard after a month off :( I definitely think I had a light tear in some muscle in my back that led to a disk slip or something because as the nerve pain subsided the muscle was sore and sharply painful under certain movements.

Today it was very, very tight back there on the squat and id say on the verge of hurting at that light weight. Deads felt ok.

I'll do some upper body thursday and asses how the shoulder is, and maybe next week try to go heavier again.

OR should i just bite it, deload like 25%, and do another short NLP?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:54 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:23 am ooofffff tweaked back again this week on a heavy week. 395 squats 3rd one felt it not be right. Pain is manageable but my left leg is weak or strained? :doomed:
Ok, I did do some 'light' squats at some point in the last month and kinda re aggravated the injury.

Did some light squats and deads today (225 & 315) and back feels ok, but gosh they were hard after a month off :( I definitely think I had a light tear in some muscle in my back that led to a disk slip or something because as the nerve pain subsided the muscle was sore and sharply painful under certain movements.

Today it was very, very tight back there on the squat and id say on the verge of hurting at that light weight. Deads felt ok.

I'll do some upper body thursday and asses how the shoulder is, and maybe next week try to go heavier again.

Personally I'd keep away from work that compresses the spine for awhile. I would:

Focus on stability work (McGill big three)
Work the movement patterns adjacent to the main lifts. Nordic hamstring curls, glute bridges, 45* back extension work (especially one leg at a time) for the posterior chain. As an alternative to the squat, I'd do RFE split squats and Poliquin step-ups ( primarily. You'll keep your strength or maybe even improve it if you haven't been doing that kind of stuff, and it'll be more kind on your back. Then start to sprinkle in the compound lifts again when your back is starting to feel ready.

Good luck mang. :like:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:54 am

Based on the above you need to heal something up there brah. Time for more flexibility, break out into some new exercises like our man in Indy is suggesting, and work on back strenghtening and spinal column stablity stuff. That way when you heal up you'll have a better foundation. Lose some weight, etc. There's always time to be a meathead. Keep pushing a bad position and you may take your self our of action for a lot longer.

Also, are you doing flexiblity bandwork for your shoulder(s) or are you just waiting for :jesus: to make it better?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Agreed with Coogs and the Breh. Some time off, or at least reloading would probably be a good thing.

The way I look at it is this: the point of training heavy is to give your body a stimulus to adapt to, and that’s going to use some of your recovery resources. Your body needs those resources right now to heal whatever injury happened. Keep training, since that will help keep fresh blood moving to the muscle, encourage some extra localized inflammation, and aid in recovery, but keep the effort way down low. Some of the more boring mobility stuff right now is a great idea since you can’t spend that time going heavy like you want.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:03 pm Agreed with Coogs and the Breh. Some time off, or at least reloading would probably be a good thing.

The way I look at it is this: the point of training heavy is to give your body a stimulus to adapt to, and that’s going to use some of your recovery resources. Your body needs those resources right now to heal whatever injury happened. Keep training, since that will help keep fresh blood moving to the muscle, encourage some extra localized inflammation, and aid in recovery, but keep the effort way down low. Some of the more boring mobility stuff right now is a great idea since you can’t spend that time going heavy like you want.
Yes. But after a month and a half I'd like to get back to heavy, if its feeling good. Today told me that its lots better but still healing. Will also see how it feels tomorrow.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:10 pm

Based on the above you need to heal something up there brah. Time for more flexibility, break out into some new exercises like our man in Indy is suggesting, and work on back strenghtening and spinal column stablity stuff. That way when you heal up you'll have a better foundation. Lose some weight, etc. There's always time to be a meathead. Keep pushing a bad position and you may take your self our of action for a lot longer.

Also, are you doing flexiblity bandwork for your shoulder(s) or are you just waiting for :jesus: to make it better?
I did some DIY PT the Dr gave me for the shoulder for about 3 weeks. it feels tons better.