OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:46 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:23 pm

I'd be thinking more like: Get remote job based in USA, rent a flat in EU for 182 days a year.
I’m all for remote work where it makes sense but this does seem like a lot to ask plus the hours would blow…
Yeah, most places are going to have core hours that you’re expected to be available.. working at 9pm to be matching people’s hours here in the states would suck real bad.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:34 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:55 am

Losing TWO is horrifying. At such a young age for both. Maybe it's a sign that they shouldn't have any, like some underlying, unknown condition that's preventing healthy offspring. Nature can be cruel sometimes.
Sorry two different couples, both dealt with this shit in the past two years.
:word:
Still, shitty situ.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:49 pm While on the subject of having kids, I haven’t mentioned here yet that we’re expecting :baby: in December. First round of IVF work. It’s been a long journey nonetheless, I’m hoping it all works out.

We were really not into a December birth but decided to move forward ASAP as we’ve been trying for a couple years now. Turns out it’ll be 5/7 financially - we will get a tax credit plus :tits: met her out of pocket max on IVF so it should be as close to free as possible.
:fuckyeah: Grats :mahman: !!
Hope everything works out ok for you guys. :like: :like: :like:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:46 pm

I’m all for remote work where it makes sense but this does seem like a lot to ask plus the hours would blow…
Yeah, most places are going to have core hours that you’re expected to be available.. working at 9pm to be matching people’s hours here in the states would suck real bad.
I have done that when I was in Turkey during covid. But it was at a time when we had a curfew and pretty much lot of things were closed, so I had to start around 5 pm and ends around 1 am, it isn't like I was missing out on all the fun. But looking back with the way things are now, I would probably hate it. I was referring to spending more time in Turkey (meaning with family and some friends) while working there and not exactly like a digital nomad, I don't live that dangerously.

Speaking of Turkey, this will be my first summer in my life not visiting it for a few reasons, I am a little bummed, but I accepted as a first time for everything and probably use some of my pto for costa rica and a bunch of weekend trips for the summer. It'll definitely feel weird for sure and miss out on some things.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:50 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:54 pm
Department of state, cia, etc sure do
:whalecum: back, feel like you haven’t been around of late. How’s life?
My son was born May 8, 2023... it's a blast to experience it the second time without freaking out over everything as a first-time parent
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:24 am

My son was born May 8, 2023... it's a blast to experience it the second time without freaking out over everything as a first-time parent
Congrats, bro! That certainly explains the absence.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Congrats, bro! That certainly explains the absence.
wap

:ohdang: Congrats dood! Mom and boy doing well? How is his sister handling everything?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:10 am

:ohdang: Congrats dood! Mom and boy doing well? How is his sister handling everything?
Labor/delivery was way smoother this time. Only about 3 hours, out in one push. Mom is doing great, baby is doing great. Sister is loving on baby and we are doing our best to ensure she does not feel left out/get jealous. since she is 3.5 y/o she is already able to communicate/take direction/potty trained so aside from her "threenager" tantrums she is a breeze. Having her in daycare helps too, since she gets her developmental interaction with her classmates/teachers and we get some time to focus only on baby during the week.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

So sorry to those of you that lost little ones. It was a really close thing with our last. He had to be taken almost a month early and was only 2.5 lbs. He spent 2 full weeks in NICU (neonatal ICU), and the baby next to him passed while we were there..... Brutal

On the brighter side, heartfelt congrats to Rudy and Dan!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:52 pm So sorry to those of you that lost little ones. It was a really close thing with our last. He had to be taken almost a month early and was only 2.5 lbs. He spent 2 full weeks in NICU (neonatal ICU), and the baby next to him passed while we were there..... Brutal

On the brighter side, heartfelt congrats to Rudy and Dan!
Thanks man! Very relieved, scared, and excited :lolol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:mahman:

Congratulations!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:49 pm While on the subject of having kids, I haven’t mentioned here yet that we’re expecting :baby: in December. First round of IVF work. It’s been a long journey nonetheless, I’m hoping it all works out.

We were really not into a December birth but decided to move forward ASAP as we’ve been trying for a couple years now. Turns out it’ll be 5/7 financially - we will get a tax credit plus :tits: met her out of pocket max on IVF so it should be as close to free as possible.
:ohdang:

Somehow skipped over this. Huge congrats to you both! So just a single? :wink: I know with IVF it's super common to get multiples.

Fatherhood is fun, man. And there's nothing like having your first.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:22 pm

:ohdang:

Somehow skipped over this. Huge congrats to you both! So just a single? :wink: I know with IVF it's super common to get multiples.

Fatherhood is fun, man. And there's nothing like having your first.
Thanks man!

Yeah just one, we may just go one and done but we’ll see.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:15 am
wap wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:10 am

Labor/delivery was way smoother this time. Only about 3 hours, out in one push. Mom is doing great, baby is doing great. Sister is loving on baby and we are doing our best to ensure she does not feel left out/get jealous. since she is 3.5 y/o she is already able to communicate/take direction/potty trained so aside from her "threenager" tantrums she is a breeze. Having her in daycare helps too, since she gets her developmental interaction with her classmates/teachers and we get some time to focus only on baby during the week.
:fuckyeah:
Sounds pretty ideal, actually.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

3 baby news in one year. From rudy boi, mah griff and :sawce:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Home AC compressor just blew up, of course on a Sunday afternoon when it's 90F and humid and not going below 80 tonight.

Yet another series of miserable sleepless nights incoming and a fuck ton of money spent on getting it fixed. Yay.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:41 am 3 baby news in one year. From rudy boi, mah griff and :sawce:
:ban:
max225

Valkyrie wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:27 pm Home AC compressor just blew up, of course on a Sunday afternoon when it's 90F and humid and not going below 80 tonight.

Yet another series of miserable sleepless nights incoming and a fuck ton of money spent on getting it fixed. Yay.
Yep. I hate owning a house
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

2:40 AM and it's all the way down to 86F in the bedroom. :thisisfine:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Woof that’s shitty, sorry Val.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:27 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:41 am 3 baby news in one year. From rudy boi, mah griff and :sawce:
What ban?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Valkyrie wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:40 am 2:40 AM and it's all the way down to 86F in the bedroom. :thisisfine:
Reminds me of my summer childhood in Turkey growing up. When there's no breeze especially, it sucks big giants balls
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:50 am
max225 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:27 pm

What ban?
Your count on the cf is off
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:55 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:50 am

What ban?
Your count on the cf is off
Oh :lol: