IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:37 am
wap wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:25 pm

Man, those peddlers bring back memories. And yea, they were able to somehow make a living at it, too. :amaze:
I didn't know you grew up in the Prince Islands. That's pretty cool. Are they as nice as they look in pictures?
This ain't the first time I told you that. In the summers yes, but for others 10 mins with traffic to the city center and istiklal avenue. But that neighborhood has changed a lot since I left.

They look just as great as pictures. With few exceptions.
Oh, sorry. I didn't :member:

Dat :wap: fading memory. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:48 am I don't get the CX-50. It's the same size as the CX-5 (which somehow isn't going away?) and is a FWD-based AWD based on the CX-3/3 platform. The interior is supposed to be nice, and I admit that I think it looks cool on the outside, but how it's not just a toaster otherwise is :notsure: to me.
The 50 being based on the 30 and newer 3 should mean that it's even less sporty than the 5... They went to the twist beam, slower steering, longer wheelbases, more weight in sound deadening, etc. in an attempt to be more of a value luxury brand while dropping MazdaSpeed, Zoom Zoom, and Driving Matters from all marketing materials.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Valkyrie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:12 pm
ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:48 am I don't get the CX-50. It's the same size as the CX-5 (which somehow isn't going away?) and is a FWD-based AWD based on the CX-3/3 platform. The interior is supposed to be nice, and I admit that I think it looks cool on the outside, but how it's not just a toaster otherwise is :notsure: to me.
The 50 being based on the 30 and newer 3 should mean that it's even less sporty than the 5... They went to the twist beam, slower steering, longer wheelbases, more weight in sound deadening, etc. in an attempt to be more of a value luxury brand while dropping MazdaSpeed, Zoom Zoom, and Driving Matters from all marketing materials.
Cammisa claims the steering is better than a GT3 RS, so I guess there's that?

:notsure:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I like the size it’s around 188” same as a mom Porsche. And it isn’t as big as a house.

My neighbors got one and I saw it driving it by and it struck my eye.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:14 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:12 pm

Yeah, I'm :notsure: how that's even possible unless a GT3 sucks compared to our Mazda3. I have never driven any Porsche, maybe they're like Apple or Beats.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Valkyrie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:39 am I had a new loaded CX5 for a week last fall, it's a big lazy toaster. There's nothing zoom zoom about it. Lazy transmission with economy programming and gearing, admittedly better in sport mode, sounds and feels like a diesel, terrible braking in both feel and performance, flat plastic-y seats that are neither soft nor supportive, steering is slow, ride is unnecessarily harsh due to huge :ramz: and the thing in practice hardly feels any more spacious than our hatchback... while costing almost double and driving like crap in comparison.

Maybe it's a sports car compared to a CRV?

That being said, that's a CX5 and not a CX50. I don't know the difference, they look about the same at a glance.
In many tests the CRV actually out handles the Mazda due to wider stock tires. In practice the Honda leans more in corners and feels softer but isn’t that what you want in a vehicle like this anyway? Lol.

I agree with most of what you have here which is why i never got one. If it’s gonna be a boat it damn well better be comfy.
max225

Valkyrie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:20 pm
ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:14 pm

Yeah, I'm :notsure: how that's even possible unless a GT3 sucks compared to our Mazda3. I have never driven any Porsche, maybe they're like Apple or Beats.
It’s nice. But I don’t see how a Mazda is better.

Best steering I have ever experienced was F430, then Cayman S then gt3 then Brz. They were all excellent.
Johnny_P

The Mazda 3 going to a twist beam rear was really sad.
max225

Fiesta ST had a twist beam and was the best handling small hatch of the modern times. It can be done right
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:41 pm Fiesta ST had a twist beam and was the best handling small hatch of the modern times. It can be done right
:notwrong: on the twist beam. That in and of itself doesn't have to mean poor handling. The problem is that Mazda made a concerted effort to dull the cars as a shift toward comfort/luxury without increasing cost too much, hence the twist beams and softer tuning of everything.

I'd expect a MINI of some kind to beat the Fiesta, admittedly at double the cost with all the right options. Again though, I've only driven the Fiesta and not any Coopers.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:01 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:37 am

This ain't the first time I told you that. In the summers yes, but for others 10 mins with traffic to the city center and istiklal avenue. But that neighborhood has changed a lot since I left.

They look just as great as pictures. With few exceptions.

Something I told you about long time ago ain't a :wap: fading memory.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Valkyrie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:08 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:41 pm Fiesta ST had a twist beam and was the best handling small hatch of the modern times. It can be done right
:notwrong: on the twist beam. That in and of itself doesn't have to mean poor handling. The problem is that Mazda made a concerted effort to dull the cars as a shift toward comfort/luxury without increasing cost too much, hence the twist beams and softer tuning of everything.

I'd expect a MINI of some kind to beat the Fiesta, admittedly at double the cost with all the right options. Again though, I've only driven the Fiesta and not any Coopers.
I've only driven a countryman and I loved the way it drives, dat turo 5/7 :manuel: rental. Will post a review soon.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

Valkyrie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:08 pm

That. Feedback has been nearly universal that the current one isn’t as fun to drive as the prior (Val spec) one.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:40 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:01 pm

Something I told you about long time ago ain't a :wap: fading memory.
:word:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:34 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:20 pm

Best steering I have ever experienced was F430, then Cayman S then gt3 then Brz. They were all excellent.
:dat: granted I haven’t driven a 911 but :wtf: Camisa. I really like that guy but I just don’t believe the steering could hold a candle to any Porsche or any vehicle with the engine behind the driver for that matter. I’ve driven a Cayman S, F430, Elise… all had the best steering and handling of anything I’ve driven.

I’ve also driven CX5 and had a lot of seat time in a CX7 years ago… both just drove like five seat mom cars in my opinion.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The CX-50 seems to be selling well though, they’re new and I’m already seeing many. They do look great and have some better colors finally.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:12 am
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:34 pm

:dat: granted I haven’t driven a 911 but :wtf: Camisa. I really like that guy but I just don’t believe the steering could hold a candle to any Porsche or any vehicle with the engine behind the driver for that matter. I’ve driven a Cayman S, F430, Elise… all had the best steering and handling of anything I’ve driven.

I’ve also driven CX5 and had a lot of seat time in a CX7 years ago… both just drove like five seat mom cars in my opinion.
Maybe they have improved, or he was :amaze: that the steering seems to please for enthusiasts in his perspective for a mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:28 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:12 am

Maybe they have improved, or he was :amaze: that the steering seems to please for enthusiasts in his perspective for a mom mobile.
:dat: I don’t doubt that it’s great for what it is… But to utter it in the same sentence as a $200k rear engine track car? :nope:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:39 am

:dat: I don’t doubt that it’s great for what it is… But to utter it in the same sentence as a $200k rear engine track car? :nope:
:fullretard:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

It's clear rage has over taken reading comprehension. He only said the on center feel is better. I don't see how that's so hard to believe. With tuning of EPS systems it's entirely possibly some performance cars have had to sacrifice on center feel for off center feel, which could also be alignment related.

It's all subjective anyways.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:39 am

Lolll hell to the naww. Completely different cars, engine, chassis layout for starters. It's like comparing vegetables to meat
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:03 pm It's clear rage has over taken reading comprehension. He only said the on center feel is better. I don't see how that's so hard to believe. With tuning of EPS systems it's entirely possibly some performance cars have had to sacrifice on center feel for off center feel, which could also be alignment related.

It's all subjective anyways.
If we're getting this granular, it's not really fair to compare two individual vehicles IMO. Too many variables.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Alignments are critical to both feel and performance, it's frankly a joke that they're ignored by everyone outside of competitive motorsports. Very small changes, even all within manufacturer's "green zone" specs, can totally change the behavior of a vehicle.
ChrisoftheNorth

Valkyrie wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 am Alignments are critical to both feel and performance, it's frankly a joke that they're ignored by everyone outside of competitive motorsports. Very small changes, even all within manufacturer's "green zone" specs, can totally change the behavior of a vehicle.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

ESPECIALLY something like "on center feel".
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Valkyrie wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 am Alignments are critical to both feel and performance, it's frankly a joke that they're ignored by everyone outside of competitive motorsports. Very small changes, even all within manufacturer's "green zone" specs, can totally change the behavior of a vehicle.
agree, but you have to think that press cars are put on the rack and set to the manufacture ideal spec after each review.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.