IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Premium is still around $4 here AFAIK. In a way, CA is one of the best places to run premium since it's almost the same price as regular.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:38 pm No love for tesla here. :lolgasm: after having had 2... I do get them... but both the positives and the negatives. They are good cars. I just wish they weren't so damn common. Living in California also severely penalizes me for wanting an ICE vehicle...

We're still at almost $5 a gallon for premium ... unless you go to costco and get in at $4. That's $2-3 HIGHer than in the rest of the US. which is :fullretard:

In a singular month it doesn't do much... but over the course of a vehicle lifetime or even 4-5 years of driving. The price delta becomes insanely difficult to overcome.
Premium here is about $4 actually.

I have very much a love/hate with Tesla. I hate the company, the way they lie to the public, make up complete :bs: in their marketing campaigns and yet have this crazy cult following. For example, I met with a guy last week (small business and Tessie owner) in Orlando who stated he wouldn't even let his people work remote one day/week because Elon said 'you can pretend to work from home for another company' :wtf: :lolol:

The flip side is that the cars actually lead their classes in many ways and solve a lot of the problems most consumers have. All in all they are really the only EVs worth owning from what I can tell.

You are living this out entirely, you know the Tessie solves the problem you have, but you have no desire to own it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Valkyrie wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:53 pm Premium is still around $4 here AFAIK. In a way, CA is one of the best places to run premium since it's almost the same price as regular.
Yea I run donkey piss in the Tacoma, but TSX runs on premium. All of the gasoline vehicles being considered are premium. So it does matter...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Won’t the AMG get better fuel economy than the taco anyway?
Johnny_P

Valkyrie wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:53 pm Premium is still around $4 here AFAIK. In a way, CA is one of the best places to run premium since it's almost the same price as regular.
Yeah true the gap seems lower between regular and premium in CA. Around Philly, premium costs $1/gal more than regular. It’s a significant cost addition here.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:12 pm Won’t the AMG get better fuel economy than the taco anyway?
Yep. But worse than the TSX. It would be replacing the TSX
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:14 pm
Yeah true the gap seems lower between regular and premium in CA. Around Philly, premium costs $1/gal more than regular. It’s a significant cost addition here.
Yeah, it's $.80 - $1 additional here, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:23 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:12 pm Won’t the AMG get better fuel economy than the taco anyway?
I guess justification of the Taco’s 1980s fuel economy was that you had the Acura for road trips? Are you taking the Acura on longer trips now or are you taking the truck?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:53 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:23 pm

I guess justification of the Taco’s 1980s fuel economy was that you had the Acura for road trips? Are you taking the Acura on longer trips now or are you taking the truck?
As we're still WFH nearly 100% of the time. We somewhat alternate... For ex I prefer to take the TSX into SF so that i can get beat up and stolen... But I did take the Taco on a 200 mile coastal road trip this weekend. It really depends.

The main "issue" is that I am generating an extra 6 Megawatts a year... that is the equivalent of 18000 miles or so in the average ev. Instead I am paying $5 a gallon in gas... or closer to $7 over a good portion of last year. That's a really tough hurdle to overcome and I simply can't ignore it.

If fuel was no issue I'd get a new GLC and call it a day. But the operating costs of maintenance + fuel add at least 4k over the tesla PER YEAR. That's 20k over 5 years... i can't ignore that.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:03 pm

As we're still WFH nearly 100% of the time. We somewhat alternate... For ex I prefer to take the TSX into SF so that i can get beat up and stolen... But I did take the Taco on a 200 mile coastal road trip this weekend. It really depends.

The main "issue" is that I am generating an extra 6 Megawatts a year... that is the equivalent of 18000 miles or so in the average ev. Instead I am paying $5 a gallon in gas... or closer to $7 over a good portion of last year. That's a really tough hurdle to overcome and I simply can't ignore it.

If fuel was no issue I'd get a new GLC and call it a day. But the operating costs of maintenance + fuel add at least 4k over the tesla PER YEAR. That's 20k over 5 years... i can't ignore that.
Can you build a carport, buy a Viper, and keep the Tupperware under the carport?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:06 pm

Can you build a carport, buy a Viper, and keep the Tupperware under the carport?
There will be changes coming to my garage for sure... for now the "garage" spaces are going to remain capped at 2... but tupperware can sit outside if need be. I am one of the few people that actually parks inside in my hood. So it is what it is... Not like it hails and snows here.

I just hate dealing with outside cars... they are dirty after 2 weeks, plastics and rubbers get destroyed by our sun. An "inside" car can last 2-3 months between washes.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:06 pm

There will be changes coming to my garage for sure... for now the "garage" spaces are going to remain capped at 2... but tupperware can sit outside if need be. I am one of the few people that actually parks inside in my hood. So it is what it is... Not like it hails and snows here.

I just hate dealing with outside cars... they are dirty after 2 weeks, plastics and rubbers get destroyed by our sun. An "inside" car can last 2-3 months between washes.
Agreed. That's why I would just park an appliance car I hated outside. Model Y, for instance.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Are there any PHEV's worth looking at?
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:16 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:14 pm

Agreed. That's why I would just park an appliance car I hated outside. Model Y, for instance.
I would generally agree. But I am annoyed by parking 64k OTD outside... that would be my single most expensive long term vehicle parked 0FG... seems :wrong: I even cringe when the TSX is outside. It's starting to show "old age" issues, like clouded headlights, spiderwebbed paint etc... all of that was caused by earlier years of parking under the lovely california sun.
max225

Valkyrie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:18 pm

Are there any PHEV's worth looking at?
Good question. There is a RR which now has up to 70 miles of range... and the Jeep offerings are 19 miles... which is PATHETIC and won't work... also PHEV seems to add 500-800lbs to any comparable vehicle + 5-10k in cost. I Am not a huge fan... unless something new comes out.

I was even cringing at the prius prime... the regular prius is 37k fully loaded with awd etc (if even needed) and going 40k + for a plug in version seems :wrong: and won't likely recuperate the extra money...

I did briefly think about the prius. But it seems kind dumb unless the TSX dies and I need another sedan.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:19 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:16 pm

I would generally agree. But I am annoyed by parking 64k OTD outside... that would be my single most expensive long term vehicle parked 0FG... seems :wrong: I even cringe when the TSX is outside. It's starting to show "old age" issues, like clouded headlights, spiderwebbed paint etc... all of that was caused by earlier years of parking under the lovely california sun.
I get it.
Johnny_P

Are you producing more electricity than you’re allowed to sell back to the grid? Capped?

Yeah free miles is nice. But if you took the truck on road trips at half the mpg of the Acura you’re willing to give up some of that opportunity cost anyway. Sure this would be more and yeah it will cost more to fuel a fast gas suv than an electric bubblemobile.

I guess what I’m getting at is, I wouldn’t buy a car solely based on a spreadsheet. Something that makes the most “sense” is useless if it’s not what you want. You both make good money, if your finances can support the fuel cost then you have the ability to buy a car you enjoy.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:06 pm

Are you producing more electricity than you’re allowed to sell back to the grid? Capped?

Yeah free miles is nice. But if you took the truck on road trips at half the mpg of the Acura you’re willing to give up some of that opportunity cost anyway. Sure this would be more and yeah it will cost more to fuel a fast gas suv than an electric bubblemobile.

I guess what I’m getting at is, I wouldn’t buy a car solely based on a spreadsheet. Something that makes the most “sense” is useless if it’s not what you want. You both make good money, if your finances can support the fuel cost then you have the ability to buy a car you enjoy.
Yea some of the points are valid. I have 0 use for an EV on road trips beyond 200 miles RT. But I would venture to say only 5% or less of my miles are that. And then only the teslas make sense as they have the best infrastructure.

As far as electricity. I “buy” at 20-50 cents per kWh and I “sell” at 1 cent so it’s completely irrelevant in the equation. I can simply use 50% more power (1 ev) with no impact to my bill… vs $250-350 a month in gas.

I dunno I don’t think that’s something I can “overlook” that’s a huge hurdle for me. Not to mention near 0 maintenance on an ev vs say Porsche $695 oil changes and $5000 brake jobs. Evs need neither …

After the price reduction tesla just overpowers other vehicles imo. I mean look I raved about the macan/ gts and it was dubbed “mom Porsche” so not like any of those cars carry any sort of “respect” from any enthusiast. Might as well get the tesla and call it a day… and not have nearly as much of a financial headache.

Once again the “want” cars (MX, RR, RRS) are far higher up the totem pole and I may want to wait those out … but it’s a long ass game.

Clearly I’m not looking to purchase a sports car here so that part remains to be seen for future reference.

I can imagine a garage with a sports car a model Y and maybe a 3rd disposable vehicle of sorts … but I do like the Tacoma ride quality/uniqueness/cost of ownership so it’s here to stay for a short while. But that’s a separate topic all together
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:10 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:11 pm

This is the best advertisement quote to attract :wap: blue collar turkish men :lolol:
:lolol:
How many times when you're back home have you been awakened early in the morning by one of those peddlers on his motorcycle pickup shouting "KARPOUZI" over and over again?
:lolgasm:
All the time as a kid, also slippers, watermelon and snacks. As a kid when I grew up in the prince islands (good ol Antigoni). We had our local guy who sells snacks carrying 2 baskets hanging on his shoulder and now by cart once he's older, he still does it to this day and I still say hi to him. He bought a nice house with that money alone, doing it everyday for a living.

One time in Alexandropoli, my family and bunch of friends stopped by this small beach town around xmas, and we saw a clapped out Renault Traffic repeatedly saying fruits and kept driving around.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:15 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:10 pm

:lolol:
How many times when you're back home have you been awakened early in the morning by one of those peddlers on his motorcycle pickup shouting "KARPOUZI" over and over again?
:lolgasm:
All the time as a kid, also slippers, watermelon and snacks. As a kid when I grew up in the prince islands (good ol Antigoni). We had our local guy who sells snacks carrying 2 baskets hanging on his shoulder and now by cart once he's older, he still does it to this day and I still say hi to him. He bought a nice house with that money alone, doing it everyday for a living.

One time in Alexandropoli, my family and bunch of friends stopped by this small beach town around xmas, and we saw a clapped out Renault Traffic repeatedly saying fruits and kept driving around.
Man, those peddlers bring back memories. And yea, they were able to somehow make a living at it, too. :amaze:
I didn't know you grew up in the Prince Islands. That's pretty cool. Are they as nice as they look in pictures?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I’m starting to wonder if the Crapura replacement or my BRZ/86 quest is the larger :hibachi: deal. It seems like both may never happen.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:40 am I’m starting to wonder if the Crapura replacement or my BRZ/86 quest is the larger :hibachi: deal. It seems like both may never happen.
Damn I was hoping it was maybe on the same boat as MrH's because his is on American soil
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:40 am I’m starting to wonder if the Crapura replacement or my BRZ/86 quest is the larger :hibachi: deal. It seems like both may never happen.
I can guarantee there will be minimum 1 car move on my end this year... possibly 2 or more... :fullretard: I also had an insane amount of cars in the last 18 months... My neighbors probably think I am an epic :derp:
Tacoma TRD pro (Gray)
Mini JCW
Model S
Model X
09 E350
Tacoma Trd pro (hulk smash)
6 cars... :yikes:

BUUUTTTT... this is taking longer because it will replace a legacy 10 year vehicle that has been around... well for a decade. Not to mention.. prices on the cars I am interested in are dropping as much as 1k a week... which is completely abnormal and waiting for a stabilization seems prudent.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:40 am
I can guarantee there will be minimum 1 car move on my end this year... possibly 2 or more... :fullretard: I also had an insane amount of cars in the last 18 months... My neighbors probably think I am an epic :derp:
Tacoma TRD pro (Gray)
Mini JCW
Model S
Model X
09 E350

BUUUTTTT... this is taking longer because it will replace a legacy 10 year vehicle that has been around... well for a decade. Not to mention.. prices on the cars I am interested in are dropping as much as 1k a week... which is completely abnormal and waiting for a stabilization seems prudent.
I certainly will be as well... considering I've now been carless now for nearly two months. If for some reason the BRZ or an 86 can't come to fruition pretty soon, I may say fuck it and just buy something else on the cheap.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:52 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:40 am

Tacoma TRD pro (Gray)
Mini JCW
Model S
Model X
09 E350

I certainly will be as well... considering I've now been carless now for nearly two months. If for some reason the BRZ or an 86 can't come to fruition pretty soon, I may say fuck it and just buy something else on the cheap.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989- ... rnational/

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KmDkEY ... benz-300sl

Could've had this sick two car combo but you slept on the Benz damn Daniel