IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:34 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:16 am

I don’t think a sport has a 3rd row ? It didn’t look like it had enough space. Defender I rented did … it’s a bit bigger inside. Discovery has 3rd row also.
It's been an option since they first released it in 2006 or so

https://www.landroverwhiteplains.com/bl ... eating.htm

:wtf: seems completely useless. You're essentially seating in the trunk floor...
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:07 pm

:wtf: seems completely useless. You're essentially seating in the trunk floor...
Comfy spot for your watermelons.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Agree which is why it's funny that the big range never had this available.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:56 pm

They do this to bump up its class for a more favorable CAFE rating
Desertbreh wrote: I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff wrote: Inserting 'nobody jerks it harder to the Miata than Brad' quote.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:26 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:56 pm
They do this to bump up its class for a more favorable CAFE rating
It also used the Discovery platform which had 3 rows of seats as well.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: '22 Camry

I'd rather commute in a big ol' boat avec V8 burble then some high strung 2.0TTVSR :spinulator: , ideally the plan to do nothing right now appears even better!
max225

So the latest update here is:
It seems that with the price cuts in the sub 60k category there is no BETTER option than a MYP so it is the sole front runner... amongst the GLC/SQ5. They simply don't make economic sense even used with california gas prices.

Now if someone wanted to go :fullretard:
At 70-80k There is a porsche GTS... but it seems to be too expensive for what it is IMO
Also 70-90k buys a really nice RR (last gen) or a new Defender or a new RR Sport...
110-20 is Model X and new RR

As dumb as it sounds, the MYP just doesn't seem that nice of a car for the money... And the others are way too expensive. So we're a bit in a limbo.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

You both seemed to like the GLC. Does the lady want one? I’d just go that route. Seems like a great vehicle.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Sounds like you're in a situation where it's a matter of Price, Performance, Posh: Pick 2.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:54 pm You both seemed to like the GLC. Does the lady want one? I’d just go that route. Seems like a great vehicle.
Model YP new is cheaper than a used GLC. And the GLC will continue to have stratospheric depreciation + $5 premium fuel… makes no sense anymore. Unless it is 10-20k cheaper than a new MYP…. And they are no where close
max225

Valkyrie wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:59 pm Sounds like you're in a situation where it's a matter of Price, Performance, Posh: Pick 2.
Exactly right.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:52 pm

Comfy spot for your watermelonsh.
This is the best advertisement quote to attract :wap: blue collar turkish men :lolol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:03 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:54 pm You both seemed to like the GLC. Does the lady want one? I’d just go that route. Seems like a great vehicle.
Model YP new is cheaper than a used GLC. And the GLC will continue to have stratospheric depreciation + $5 premium fuel… makes no sense anymore. Unless it is 10-20k cheaper than a new MYP…. And they are no where close
Agree with all this. But the MYP is not cool. The GLC AMG is. Is it worth the cost? Up to you to decide.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It seems like 'wanting one' is hardly a factor, far secondary to spreadsheet stuff here. :sad:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:35 pm
It seems like 'wanting one' is hardly a factor, far secondary to spreadsheet stuff here. :sad:
I mean if you make it and don’t spend it. Why bother making it?

I spent $37k on a shitbox Subaru with a racing engine and a wing that’s slower than a GTI and gets worse fuel economy than an F150 and would do it again.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:40 pm

I mean if you make it and don’t spend it. Why bother making it?

I spent $37k on a shitbox Subaru with a racing engine and a wing that’s slower than a GTI and gets worse fuel economy than an F150 and would do it again.
:iono: I would love to see Max and his lady get whatever it is they actually want BUT I also understand his peril as a natural born :scrooge: I am still sort of apprehensive about the :hibachi: BRZ as blowing $35K on a pointless car just seems so dumb even though I want it and think it's fun.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:13 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:03 pm

Agree with all this. But the MYP is not cool. The GLC AMG is. Is it worth the cost? Up to you to decide.
That's exactly where we've hit the impasse. The MYP is the most practical choice... but it is also the most common car in california. Yes the "performance" is lowered has different brakes (red) and wheels (useless to me). So it is a bit different... but not different enough IMO.

But with all that... it is a Toaster... a great toaster but a toaster. There is no audible noise from it, its kind of bulbous and ugly, is that really what I want to park 60k in?! So here we are.
max225

Lady "WANTS" a Range Rover or a Porsche with the "Crest in the headset, regardless of engine" or a Model X but we're both rational enough to not give in to emotions fully. She is fully aware of how much it costs to "drive" what we want... which is an extra 1k a month almost...

But we talk about this shit daily... kind of random.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:46 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:13 pm

That's exactly where we've hit the impasse. The MYP is the most practical choice... but it is also the most common car in california. Yes the "performance" is lowered has different brakes (red) and wheels (useless to me). So it is a bit different... but not different enough IMO.

But with all that... it is a Toaster... a great toaster but a toaster. There is no audible noise from it, its kind of bulbous and ugly, is that really what I want to park 60k in?! So here we are.
The Model Y is fking ugly. Basically an even EVEN MORE tupperware toaster than the Model X and NO LAMBO DOORS. :gtfo:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:02 pm

The Model Y is fking ugly. Basically an even EVEN MORE tupperware toaster than the Model X and NO LAMBO DOORS. :gtfo:
Falcon wing bro … Falcon ! Way cooler and more complicated than some peasant lambo doors
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat: :gag:

They really want to push people into the more expensive models at Tessie, they are far less hideous than the 'pedestrian' (hard to say that about a $60K car) counter parts.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:52 pm

Comfy spot for your watermelonsh.
This is the best advertisement quote to attract :wap: blue collar turkish men :lolol:
:lolol:
How many times when you're back home have you been awakened early in the morning by one of those peddlers on his motorcycle pickup shouting "KARPOUZI" over and over again?
:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

Yeah. Bubble toaster. I’m not really a fan of the looks personally, although they probably are really roomy inside. I do like the model 3 tho.
max225

No love for tesla here. :lolgasm: after having had 2... I do get them... but both the positives and the negatives. They are good cars. I just wish they weren't so damn common. Living in California also severely penalizes me for wanting an ICE vehicle...

We're still at almost $5 a gallon for premium ... unless you go to costco and get in at $4. That's $2-3 HIGHer than in the rest of the US. which is :fullretard:

In a singular month it doesn't do much... but over the course of a vehicle lifetime or even 4-5 years of driving. The price delta becomes insanely difficult to overcome.
max225

Fuel costs about $2300-3000 a year... :disgust: