OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:06 am
wap wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:54 am

Ain't that always the way? She wants/commits to do something and it ends up falling on the dude of the house to make it happen. :really:

Glad it was a good day for you overall and it must have felt great to deliver those sandwiches.

Also, homemade egg salad sammies... :drool:
:dat:

She did help with making the egg salad and assembling sandwiches, but the cooking and peeling of eggs all fell on me, which was the most time consuming bit.

Apparently the men's shelter guys love egg salad :lolol: I don't think I want it for quite some time, boiling 14 dozen eggs :disgust:

I did get a chance to talk to some people there when I dropped them off which was :neat: they were very friendly and appreciative.
:nice:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Man.. so the furthest molar back on the lower left side of my mouth has caused pain intermittently for a few years. I’ve mentioned it to dentists and they always look and X-ray, but never find anything wrong with it. Last few months the pain got way more frequent. I dragged my feet on finding a dentist up here and seeing if they could find anything wrong with it now that it was happening more often, and on Christmas as I ate dinner a chunk of it broke off. Whoops. Managed to find a dentist with an opening today. Kinda great timing in case it’s an expensive series of visits since I can knock some out with insurance today and then next year that will refresh and I can get the rest covered.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:49 pm Happy Hondaday’s, or Toyotathon if that’s what you celebrate.
As someone whose driving a Glorified npc :derp: mobile :howdareu:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

On xmas day, after my shift was finished, i headed over my cousins house around 11:20 pm, we :drunk: , played pictionary, its a grand ol family time, my parents are still in turkey due to a delayed health check up, so they won't be back until mid Jan. Then around 2:30-3 am, I booked a free night at the hotel, so I can go to my 6 am morning shift. Yes, I slept for only 3 hours, with a slight hangover. Not to mention a double shift, so 16 hours, but I was also training a college intern in the afternoon. So I went out 30 mins, gave him my login to grab food/coffee and a small errand. I'll put more deets on my hoe-tel thread to see what :dafuq: has been going on.

Went home 11 pm yesterday and ordered pizza on the way cause i was too tired to cook, once i ate i was watching tv, before i knew it, I passed and slept through till 7 am, with the tv on. Its a good thing I only left one light on. Usually i'm a light sleeper and on high alert (i have woken up on 8.0 earthquakes just seconds before it triggered and when someone broke into my apartment back in turkey). Im pretty surprised I slept through it like a baby.

Then I took a power nap for an hour, cooked some turkish meatloaf added some seasoning parsley, tzaziki to spice things up, all that good stuff. Now I'm here with my last shift for this year (2nd last shift for this place), again training this person, but I'm chilling in the back office or in the lobby watching tv for him to adapt and I'm here when he needs help, also to over hear interactions with a guest in case if I need to jump in. He seems to pick things up. So I'm here to dfd for 5 hours.

:csb: merry xmas.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

Late as usual but merry Christmas/happy holidays friends!
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
wap

adoob wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:33 pm Late as usual but merry Christmas/happy holidays friends!
:mahman:
SAWCE

Temporary crown is on. All the numbing agents wore off at once and this shit is fucking sore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:45 pm Temporary crown is on. All the numbing agents wore off at once and this shit is fucking sore.
:yikes:
Sorry dood.
I'm going to the dentist tomorrow. :yikes:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:45 pm Temporary crown is on. All the numbing agents wore off at once and this shit is fucking sore.
Sorry dood.
Hope you’re out with just a cleaning.

I’m back in on two weeks for the permanent crown to go on. Then back in Feb for a cleaning and to get fitted for a night guard so I don’t damage more teeth clenching them at night.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:15 pm

Sorry dood.

I’m back in on two weeks for the permanent crown to go on. Then back in Feb for a cleaning and to get fitted for a night guard so I don’t damage more teeth clenching them at night.
Before you spend a shitload of money at the dentist on a Mouthguard just get one of these.....https://www.snorerx.com/snorerx-plus/?A ... gJv7fD_BwE It is great for snore reduction, breathing, tooth protection, and quite reasonable.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Sorry dood.

I'm getting a cleaning and 2 surface fillings, except they're not really fillings in that I don't have cavities. I have receding gums and that eventually leads to the top of the root being exposed above the receded gum line (it's yet another :wap: thing that you all have to look forward to :disgust: ). They do a bit of light drilling/grinding before laying on the filling material to cover up the top of the root. It's really nbd. I've had several of these done and often tell the dentist not to give me Novocain because it's not too terribly painful, and I hate that feeling of numbness as I'm driving home.

Also, I've had a night guard for decades. They work well and you'll get used to it in no time. Just gotta be sure to keep it really clean.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:19 pm

Before you spend a shitload of money at the dentist on a Mouthguard just get one of these.....https://www.snorerx.com/snorerx-plus/?A ... gJv7fD_BwE It is great for snore reduction, breathing, tooth protection, and quite reasonable.
Yeah, that's a lot cheaper than the one I got from my dentist.
SAWCE

Thank you!
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:22 pm

I'm getting a cleaning and 2 surface fillings, except they're not really fillings in that I don't have cavities. I have receding gums and that eventually leads to the top of the root being exposed above the receded gum line (it's yet another :wap: thing that you all have to look forward to :disgust: ). They do a bit of light drilling/grinding before laying on the filling material to cover up the top of the root. It's really nbd. I've had several of these done and often tell the dentist not to give me Novocain because it's not too terribly painful, and I hate that feeling of numbness as I'm driving home.

Also, I've had a night guard for decades. They work well and you'll get used to it in no time. Just gotta be sure to keep it really clean.
I’ve already got some receding gums. Think it’s hereditary. Dad had it and older sister had to get a graft for hers in college.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:53 pm

Thank you!
They last about two-three years......I've bought three, one for my travel kit and I actually wore one out. I won't even take a nap without one now.........so used to the ease of breathing they provide.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:53 pm

Thank you!
They last about two-three years......I've bought three, one for my travel kit and I actually wore one out. I won't even take a nap without one now.........so used to the ease of breathing they provide.
That’s awesome. $100 for a few years isn’t bad at all.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:03 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:57 pm

That’s awesome. $100 for a few years isn’t bad at all.
:dat: I may try one of these out. I have a night guard that’s pretty worn out and I don’t use much anymore but should. It was definitely more than $100 too, at least 3X that at 2012ish prices. I sometimes have breathing problems as well since my nasal pathways are essentially always blocked at least some.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

adoob wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:33 pm Late as usual but merry Christmas/happy holidays friends!
Merry Christmas bro! :whalecum: back, feel free to stay a while!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:32 pm On xmas day, after my shift was finished, i headed over my cousins house around 11:20 pm, we :drunk: , played pictionary, its a grand ol family time, my parents are still in turkey due to a delayed health check up, so they won't be back until mid Jan. Then around 2:30-3 am, I booked a free night at the hotel, so I can go to my 6 am morning shift. Yes, I slept for only 3 hours, with a slight hangover. Not to mention a double shift, so 16 hours, but I was also training a college intern in the afternoon. So I went out 30 mins, gave him my login to grab food/coffee and a small errand. I'll put more deets on my hoe-tel thread to see what :dafuq: has been going on.

Went home 11 pm yesterday and ordered pizza on the way cause i was too tired to cook, once i ate i was watching tv, before i knew it, I passed and slept through till 7 am, with the tv on. Its a good thing I only left one light on. Usually i'm a light sleeper and on high alert (i have woken up on 8.0 earthquakes just seconds before it triggered and when someone broke into my apartment back in turkey). Im pretty surprised I slept through it like a baby.

Then I took a power nap for an hour, cooked some turkish meatloaf added some seasoning parsley, tzaziki to spice things up, all that good stuff. Now I'm here with my last shift for this year (2nd last shift for this place), again training this person, but I'm chilling in the back office or in the lobby watching tv for him to adapt and I'm here when he needs help, also to over hear interactions with a guest in case if I need to jump in. He seems to pick things up. So I'm here to dfd for 5 hours.

:csb: merry xmas.
Dude, work followed by :drunk: , followed by three hours of sleep then 16 more hours at work? I would die.

Why is it that hotel workers always have back to back shifts like that? I’ve seen it at countless hotels, I’ll check in with someone at say 10 PM and there they are back at 6 AM. I’ve asked and it’s almost always two separate shifts, like 1400-2200 followed by 0600-1600.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I’m :excited: that Christmas songs won’t be stuck in my head anymore soon.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:44 am I’m :excited: that Christmas songs won’t be stuck in my head anymore soon.
The power of :jesus: compels you.

I've switched from xmas to non-xmas Mariah Carey at home to ease the swap.

wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:54 pm
wap wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:22 pm

I’ve already got some receding gums. Think it’s hereditary. Dad had it and older sister had to get a graft for hers in college.
Oh, interesting. So have you or your fam gotten these "fillings"?
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:34 am
Merry Christmas bro! :whalecum: back, feel free to stay a while!
:dat:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:53 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:54 pm

I haven’t needed anything like that yet, but the dentist yesterday did comment on my gums receding.. not sure if pops or my sister have done that yet.. I think she’s been good since she got the graft.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:56 am
wap wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:53 am

I haven’t needed anything like that yet, but the dentist yesterday did comment on my gums receding.. not sure if pops or my sister have done that yet.. I think she’s been good since she got the graft.
Graft sounds :yikes:
Where do they get the tissue for the graft?