:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:31 am
I am a pretty tall dude so theres no way in hell id have a miata as my only car, hence why I plan to get actual buckets to create some more room. The purpose is to track it, i could care less if the radio or ac doesn't work. But prices are literally out of control compared to the way it used to be :sad:
Everyone says that and no ones does fyi. Start with autocrossing, and the miata is THE car for it. Now, no ac or radio in a street car isnt a deal breaker for some, but dont be pourposly looking at shitboxes without those things to save $$.

I'm about 6 ft and a big dude to boot, and its TIGHT for me. The NB is a really tight squeeze, and I'm going to have to modify the seat. Hell the footwell is tight if i dont have the right shoes on. BUt hot daym that car is THE BEST.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:39 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:31 am
I am a pretty tall dude so theres no way in hell id have a miata as my only car, hence why I plan to get actual buckets to create some more room. The purpose is to track it, i could care less if the radio or ac doesn't work. But prices are literally out of control compared to the way it used to be :sad:
Everyone says that and no ones does fyi. Start with autocrossing, and the miata is THE car for it. Now, no ac or radio in a street car isnt a deal breaker for some, but dont be pourposly looking at shitboxes without those things to save $$.

I'm about 6 ft and a big dude to boot, and its TIGHT for me. The NB is a really tight squeeze, and I'm going to have to modify the seat. Hell the footwell is tight if i dont have the right shoes on. BUt hot daym that car is THE BEST.
I agree with all of :dat:

As someone that went down the track rabbit hole a good bit with the C5 (I was doing 10ish events annually for a few years), it's just a lot. The track will tear everything up and requires constant maintenance time/money/energy.

Miata is a very fun car but actually sort of a shit track/street hybrid car, particularly if you're tall (for the reasons I previously mentioned).

NB is also the smallest, I fit in the other variants OK, just couldn't clear helmet rules at most track events.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

https://www.serrasubaruoftraversecity.c ... 2n9019912/

Local Subaru dealer got a base WRX in with no options, yet it doesn't have that hideous half-assed split screen layout. Did they get rid of that embarrassment?

I like this thing a lot. A lot of car for $31k.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:34 am https://www.serrasubaruoftraversecity.c ... 2n9019912/

Local Subaru dealer got a base WRX in with no options, yet it doesn't have that hideous half-assed split screen layout. Did they get rid of that embarrassment?

:notsure:

Maybe a :dillerman: bait and switch? The window sticker says it has a 7" screen but it looks way bigger in the pictures. :hue:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:34 am https://www.serrasubaruoftraversecity.c ... 2n9019912/

The window sticker says it has the dual 7” screens. Weird. Maybe they uploaded the wrong pictures?

Premium gets you ass warmers I think.

Either way yeah it seems like a dece buy for that cost. Especially since a Civic Si might be more due to ADM.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:49 am

The window sticker says it has the dual 7” screens. Weird. Maybe they uploaded the wrong pictures?

Premium gets you ass warmers I think.

Either way yeah it seems like a dece buy for that cost. Especially since a Civic Si might be more due to ADM.
Imma go with wrong pictures then.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I miss the hell out of my WRX. The suspension was too stiff, MPG was awful, but hot damn that was a fun car to drive. I wouldn’t buy another since I have no use or want for a manual transmission loud stiff car now but I did enjoy owning it.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I did consider this for a hot second before the truck. Base models are a great value and never depreciate. If they did away with that one off base model screen fiasco it's even better.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:01 pm

I did consider this for a hot second before the truck. Base models are a great value and never depreciate. If they did away with that one off base model screen fiasco it's even better.
Yea, they didn't The dealer posted pics of a Premium they must have gotten in in the same color.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Maybe the :disgust: is just easing with familiarity, but in bloo the cladding really isn't too offensive and this car doesn't look half bad. Still not attractive by any means, but at least acceptable.

You should just get a BRZ :doe: :doit: :dock: :stig:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:12 pm

Maybe the :disgust: is just easing with familiarity, but in bloo the cladding really isn't too offensive and this car doesn't look half bad. Still not attractive by any means, but at least acceptable.

You should just get a BRZ :doe: :doit: :dock: :stig:
I think the new WRX looks great. :iono:

I'm not really shopping anything since I don't really need anything or have the space. Still, fun to virtually tire kick. A BRZ would be :megusta: for sure.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I remember when my family and I when we were getting a crosstek, there was a silver wrx in :manuel: and I was heavily tempted to :plac: the accord.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:14 am Fuck, i need this
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tid=6ojiHh
That David Tracy prominence :doe:

That thing is pretty cool for sure, but that's a lot of money for a beater.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:23 am

Id much rather get a 2.5 crosstek with :manuel: at that point compared to this
ChrisoftheNorth

WAY too much :lolol: These things suck. Anything over $5k is a rip-off.
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:29 am

Id much rather get a 2.5 crosstek with :manuel: at that point compared to this
THAT is the holy grail. Sad it'll never come to life.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I don't even wanna buy a Toyota that old. Rubber gaskets and hoses are just going to crumble when you touch them :lol:
max225

How the fuck is this 5 figures
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:50 am
How the fuck is this 5 figures
:fullretard:

This thing is double what the highest value should be.
ChrisoftheNorth

I NO WHAT I HAVE NO LOW BALLERS BEST JEEP EVER HOLY GRAIL ETC
max225

I Just noticed it’s :manuel: like :whocares: that i6 + 5 speed combo is likely slow as shit.

My WJ which I sold with the same miles 10 years ago now for 6k was better in every way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:32 am I Just noticed it’s :manuel: like :whocares: that i6 + 5 speed combo is likely slow as shit.

My WJ which I sold with the same miles 10 years ago now for 6k was better in every way.
Buddy of mine bought a TJ with the same five speed/i6 combo just this week. I am :excited: to give it a whirl.

$9K but it appears to actually be quite a nice example. Seems like if the Wrangler version is $9K, JGC of the same type should be like $4K max.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Why in the name of the Virgin Mary would anyone ever buy a straight six JGC when so many V8 versions exist of better quality? Look at those seats! There are so many boogers and dead skin imbedded in that vehicle that you would need to pilot it in an EPA Hazmat suit. FFS it has crank windows.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:41 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:32 am I Just noticed it’s :manuel: like :whocares: that i6 + 5 speed combo is likely slow as shit.

Buddy of mine bought a TJ with the same five speed/i6 combo just this week. I am :excited: to give it a whirl.

$9K but it appears to actually be quite a nice example. Seems like if the Wrangler version is $9K, JGC of the same type should be like $4K max.
I drove both the 5 speed and 6 speed versions of that combo. And the 4at. But I have never been a fan of that engine… it’s coarse … loud and slow. The 4.7 V8 is way better that’s in tons of WJs.