OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:27 am
wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:54 am Finally got to use the new patio and fire pit Saturday night. Had our drinking friends over and we went to a local microbrewery for beers and bar food, then we came back, opened up some wine and lit a fire. It was a perfect evening, low 50's, clear skies, slight breeze. Totally :megusta: and just what I wanted the pit and patio for. Then, to improve things more, :tits: had the bright idea to cut up some Polish sausage we had in the fridge and brought out some extendable bbq forks and we roasted the sausages over the fire. T'was a great evening.
:nice:

We had a 5/7 fall weekend here too once the hurricane passed through. Saturday evening we did a firepit at a party for my friends engagement.
:like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:28 am
wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:20 am

:lol:
I don't know exactly but I believe his :tits: mentioned to me that it was "under $37k OTD", or something like that. :notsure: , :doe:
:idbu:
:iono: Maybe she said under $39k? I don't really :member:
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:33 am
wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:20 am

:lol:
I don't know exactly but I believe his :tits: mentioned to me that it was "under $37k OTD", or something like that. :notsure: , :doe:
Prob after a 30k "trade in". But to be fair it is "only" 33.5k MSRP :notbad:
Nah, he traded in an 11 yo Dodge Caravan with like 150k miles. Can't imagine it would be worth that much.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:50 am
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:33 am

Prob after a 30k "trade in". But to be fair it is "only" 33.5k MSRP :notbad:
Nah, he traded in an 11 yo Dodge Caravan with like 150k miles. Can't imagine it would be worth that much.
The :math: checks out IMO. :notbad:
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:53 am
wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:50 am

The :math: checks out IMO. :notbad:
And I think they got it with minimal markup.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:21 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:33 am Lol Jesus. I kept quoting instead of editing the double post and couldn’t figure out wtf I was doing and why there were so many.
Regardless, the burgers sounded tasty as hell.

We had a bit of a clusterfuck day with the in-laws yesterday. Started with a two hour church service for my niece's baptism. It was a full country/rural NC church with everyone yelling proclamations, the pastor a super fired up hype man, his wife moaning interjections like 'thank you Jesus' throughout... both fascinating and :disgust:

We then went over to my SIL's and I thought we were having lunch... I had skipped breakfast as their food is always really heavy but we ended up just sitting there not doing shit waiting for the rest of the family until 3:30, I was starved. At least the food was good once we finally had it, chili, grilled cheeses, salad we brought, several desserts we brought and they made.

Now I have horrible farts today.
Churches like that are always interesting to me. Mormon church was very different and there was none of the yelling or any of that.

Sucks about the food situation.. although a grilled cheese sounds awesome. I’ve been wanting to make a grilled PBJ.. might have to do that next Sunday as part of my cheat meal.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:14 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:21 am

Regardless, the burgers sounded tasty as hell.

We had a bit of a clusterfuck day with the in-laws yesterday. Started with a two hour church service for my niece's baptism. It was a full country/rural NC church with everyone yelling proclamations, the pastor a super fired up hype man, his wife moaning interjections like 'thank you Jesus' throughout... both fascinating and :disgust:

We then went over to my SIL's and I thought we were having lunch... I had skipped breakfast as their food is always really heavy but we ended up just sitting there not doing shit waiting for the rest of the family until 3:30, I was starved. At least the food was good once we finally had it, chili, grilled cheeses, salad we brought, several desserts we brought and they made.

Now I have horrible farts today.
Churches like that are always interesting to me. Mormon church was very different and there was none of the yelling or any of that.

Sucks about the food situation.. although a grilled cheese sounds awesome. I’ve been wanting to make a grilled PBJ.. might have to do that next Sunday as part of my cheat meal.
The food was at least really good/ :fatty: once we finally got to eat it :lolol:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Went for a spirited drive in the GTI on Saturday. Got a check oil level light on the way back. About 7k into this interval and usually I do 5k interval changes I just couldn’t schedule an appointment due to work.

I checked oil level and was about a quart low so I topped off, but I wondered if I had a leak so when I got home I put some cardboard under the engine on the ground and I had a drop fall after a few minutes.

Taking it into my preferred shop tomorrow to get it looked at. Sounds like it could be the transfer case or the upper timing cover. We shall see.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:29 pm Went for a spirited drive in the GTI on Saturday. Got a check oil level light on the way back. About 7k into this interval and usually I do 5k interval changes I just couldn’t schedule an appointment due to work.

I checked oil level and was about a quart low so I topped off, but I wondered if I had a leak so when I got home I put some cardboard under the engine on the ground and I had a drop fall after a few minutes.

Taking it into my preferred shop tomorrow to get it looked at. Sounds like it could be the transfer case or the upper timing cover. We shall see.
This seems like a car thread... :popcorn: on diagnostic. Is your warranty done?

1 quart is not a small amount to be done, does yours have that E reader or dipstick
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:29 pm Went for a spirited drive in the GTI on Saturday. Got a check oil level light on the way back. About 7k into this interval and usually I do 5k interval changes I just couldn’t schedule an appointment due to work.

Any other symptoms? You should be able to see the timing cover with the hood open and the engine cover off.

Wonder if that’s an engine out service or not.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:21 pm

Any other symptoms? You should be able to see the timing cover with the hood open and the engine cover off.

Probably the :crang: shaft. :dolphin: :hibachi:
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:25 pm

Probably the :crang: shaft. :dolphin: :hibachi:
Well. Like i remember mine would coal roll everyone behind me if I took a right turn too hard, crankcase oil would go straight into the intake lol.

But mine also was hesitating and misfiring because the valve cover gasket failed and flooded a spark plug well with oil.
SAWCE

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23196671/

Brad can interpret this better than I can, but I’m going to start adding avocado to my red meat meals.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:54 pm https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23196671/

Brad can interpret this better than I can, but I’m going to start adding avocado to my red meat meals.
They should add a brief 'in layman's terms' statement to the end of that...
razr390

No symptoms whatsoever. Looks like some seepage behind the coilpacks but nothing crazy. There’s an active leak I just can’t see it. We find out tomorrow.

Car runs fine, idles smooth, throws down power and does everything normally. Nothing out of the ordinary or any codes. That’s why I’m not too concerned since it’s probably a passive leak. Obviously I want to take care of it.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:42 pm

This seems like a car thread... :popcorn: on diagnostic. Is your warranty done?

1 quart is not a small amount to be done, does yours have that E reader or dipstick
No warranty. Normal dipstick. It was on the lowest point of normal when the sensor fired to check oil level. I was taking undulating roads that held the car at angles which probably triggered the sensor. Car wasn’t bone dry but it was getting there.

Some oil consumption is normal with these cars. Got a few opinions from friends (one who has a 7.5 R and 2 corrados, had a bunch of VW’s prior including a mk5 r32.

We find out tomorrow as it should be easier to pinpoint with a lift/some actual tools to take some shit out of the way.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:54 pm https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23196671/

The way I interpret it in layman’s terms, is adding ~2oz of avocado to a 9oz serving of red meat almost completely eliminates the inflammation that is seen when eating red meat without avocado.

Great for long term health if you eat red meat regularly. Chronic inflammation leads to a fuckton of health issues.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:37 pm

The way I interpret it in layman’s terms, is adding ~2oz of avocado to a 9oz serving of red meat almost completely eliminates the inflammation that is seen when eating red meat without avocado.

Great for long term health if you eat red meat regularly. Chronic inflammation leads to a fuckton of health issues.
:ohdang: that’s an easy solution, I’ll try to add in 🥑 if I ever eat 🥩.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:11 pm

The recommended amount is easy to hit too. It’s about half a medium hass avocado.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:44 pm

No symptoms whatsoever. Looks like some seepage behind the coilpacks but nothing crazy. There’s an active leak I just can’t see it. We find out tomorrow.

Car runs fine, idles smooth, throws down power and does everything normally. Nothing out of the ordinary or any codes. That’s why I’m not too concerned since it’s probably a passive leak. Obviously I want to take care of it.
Seepage at coil packs would be VC gasket possibly. In 4 updates.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:dat:

This is a great life hack! Thanks :sawce:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:13 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:44 pm

Seepage at coil packs would be VC gasket possibly. In 4 updates.
I seriously thought this was a cheap and easy fix as I did the job on a Hyundai Santa Fe years ago. :nope: , not the case on a E888
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:12 pm

The recommended amount is easy to hit too. It’s about half a medium hass avocado.
Weirdly I don’t love avocado as much as many, I’d rather not have it on a burger. I’d probably just eat it on the side or maybe smash it and stir it in with ketchup for some :fancy: thousand island for muh fries.

I love it with chips in guacamole form though.

🥑
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:25 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:12 pm

Weirdly I don’t love avocado as much as many, I’d rather not have it on a burger. I’d probably just eat it on the side or maybe smash it and stir it in with ketchup for some :fancy: thousand island for muh fries.

🥑
I’m like you. Love guac, regular avocados are just :okay: … I don’t want avo on my burgers. I ate it on the side like you said. Did that today on the side of my beef/rice/pineapple meal.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:39 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:25 pm

🥑
I’m like you. Love guac, regular avocados are just :okay: … I don’t want avo on my burgers. I ate it on the side like you said. Did that today on the side of my beef/rice/pineapple meal.
Could be a dece bowl, rice, beef, pineapple, avocado, maybe some tomatoes/salsa.