OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:04 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:24 pm

10/10-10/13.. we’ll probably be working 9-5ish the 11-12th, but I’ll be mostly free after that. Going to try to get over to DMV Iron Gym, but it’s ~12 miles from my hotel, so might just have to do a globo gym closer to me depending on traffic. Down to try to meet up if our schedules work, but I’m sure at least one of the nights I’ll be having to do a dinner with the client we’re going out to see.
:notbad: will slide in dms on insta when it gets closer. In the afternoon, heading to iron gym in Alexandria will definitely be a drag traffic wise, atleast just getting out of dc alone.
Yeah that’s kinda what I was figuring.. might have to be a morning lifter on those days. Would like to make it over there at least one of the days.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:26 pm

Date deets for the trip. Capitol Hill is a pretty nice/chill area, I don't go there regularly so I can't speak much about it. Also what is the said gym? Vida? :waxer: equinox?
10/10-10/13.. we’ll probably be working 9-5ish the 11-12th, but I’ll be mostly free after that. Going to try to get over to DMV Iron Gym, but it’s ~12 miles from my hotel, so might just have to do a globo gym closer to me depending on traffic. Down to try to meet up if our schedules work, but I’m sure at least one of the nights I’ll be having to do a dinner with the client we’re going out to see.
I would definitely recommend a walk through the National Mall (or just rent a City Bike to explore it), pretty cool to see all of that iconic 'muricana for the first time, I never made it until my late 20s.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:11 pm

:notbad: will slide in dms on insta when it gets closer. In the afternoon, heading to iron gym in Alexandria will definitely be a drag traffic wise, atleast just getting out of dc alone.
Yeah that’s kinda what I was figuring.. might have to be a morning lifter on those days. Would like to make it over there at least one of the days.
I'm pretty religiously an early morning workout guy when traveling for work. You never know when you will get looped into after hours shit with clients/colleagues or have stuff to catch up on from the day. I try to get a workout of some kind in every day on the road too given the forced eating out (which you are circumventing).
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:18 pm

I would definitely recommend a walk through the National Mall (or just rent a City Bike to explore it), pretty cool to see all of that iconic 'muricana for the first time, I never made it until my late 20s.
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:19 pm

I'm pretty religiously an early morning workout guy when traveling for work. You never know when you will get looped into after hours shit with clients/colleagues or have stuff to catch up on from the day. I try to get a workout of some kind in every day on the road too given the forced eating out (which you are circumventing).
By traveling with 40 pounds of cooked chicken.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:32 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:19 pm

Hey! I only need 5.5lbs for 4 days :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:dat: and I believe some are free admission after 1 PM, especially :mahtroy: aka african american museum.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

This sounds cool for sure. Bossbro should be down to ride with me
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Then you will be fine for sure.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:37 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:32 pm

That's it? Come on man.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:37 pm

That's it? Come on man.
This is why I’m weak.
I’ll also be bringing 2.2lbs of beef :lol:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Thanks, Guys.

Check up went well. Had an echocardiogram first, then met with my cardiologist after he analyzed the data from the echo. Heart muscle looked good, new valve sounded good, my weight was good. BP and HR were good (not in his office as it's always high there, but on my own bp monitor which I'm tracking via a Google Sheet and showed to him). 10 month average is 122/77 with a HR of 74, which he was also very happy with.

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:25 pm Thanks, Guys.

Check up went well. Had an echocardiogram first, then met with my cardiologist after he analyzed the data from the echo. Heart muscle looked good, new valve sounded good, my weight was good. BP and HR were good (not in his office as it's always high there, but on my own bp monitor which I'm tracking via a Google Sheet and showed to him). 10 month average is 122/77 with a HR of 74, which he was also very happy with.

Goddam Ron those are some sweet reads.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That’s some impressive BP
SAWCE

:nice:
wap

Thanks, guize. :wub:

Guess that's why the doc was so pleased.
wap

In other news,

Our variance to build our fence was officially approved by our village board tonight, which was the THIRD meeting on this. The vote was 4-2. 2 assholes didn't believe that we should have the right to install a 3 foot open style fence on our own property line, in the back corner of our lot. :rage:

First inquired about this in early July, so 2.5 months and over $300 spent to get this far. Now I have to actually get the permit ($250. I think), then order the fencing. Might be able to start installing it before the ground freezes. :iono:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

wap wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:06 pm

Our variance to build our fence was officially approved by our village board tonight, which was the THIRD meeting on this. The vote was 4-2. 2 assholes didn't believe that we should have the right to install a 3 foot open style fence on our own property line, in the back corner of our lot. :rage:
the critical question is, will :wap: still vote 'blue no matter who', even if one of these 'no' votes is his board member to vote on in the next election? Or will we perhaps he and lady wap make a decisions based on values and outcomes?

I know he has me on ignore and you all hate political talk, but food for thought for the rest of you. Local elections matter the most because they affect you the most. /political ted talk
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:35 am
wap wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:06 pm

the critical question is, will :wap: still vote 'blue no matter who', even if one of these 'no' votes is his board member to vote on in the next election? Or will we perhaps he and lady wap make a decisions based on values and outcomes?

I know he has me on ignore and you all hate political talk, but food for thought for the rest of you. Local elections matter the most because they affect you the most. /political ted talk
I hate politics, but echo the importance of local elections. I didn't appreciate that much until I got older and especially when I moved to a smaller community where every vote matters. And in my little area, party tells you nothing since everyone sucks. Can't just vote along party lines and gotta do your research and learn about each position and each candidate, which indeed is work.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:57 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:35 am

I hate politics, but echo the importance of local elections. I didn't appreciate that much until I got older and especially when I moved to a smaller community where every vote matters. And in my little area, party tells you nothing since everyone sucks. Can't just vote along party lines and gotta do your research and learn about each position and each candidate, which indeed is work.
Parties seem pretty irrelevant in the local scene, particularly when the power they hold is for stupid :bs: like fence regulating. Education and infrastructure are probably the two most important IMO.

Nationally I feel like it's tougher not to just vote along party lines based on issues most important to you. For me that is 100% environmental preservation.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Awesome man! Glad to hear everything is still in good order at the moment!
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:55 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:57 am
Parties seem pretty irrelevant in the local scene, particularly when the power they hold is for stupid :bs: like fence regulating. Education and infrastructure are probably the two most important IMO.

Nationally I feel like it's tougher not to just vote along party lines based on issues most important to you. For me that is 100% environmental preservation.

Most of my village board, including the mayor, are Republicunts. The 2 no votes were Repubs and 2 of the 4 yes votes were Dems, so...
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:17 am

Awesome man! Glad to hear everything is still in good order at the moment!
Thanks, :mahman:

It was indeed a great feeling to get such a good report.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:23 pm

Most of my village board, including the mayor, are Republicunts. The 2 no votes were Repubs and 2 of the 4 yes votes were Dems, so...
Yeah I don't see how affiliation would impact the douche fence argument. Dems and Repubs can be douches :lolol:
wap

wap wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:23 pm

:lolol: "R e p u b l i c a n s" autocorrects to Republicunts. :impressive: