Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Woa, these oil change prices are :mindblown:

Toyota :dillerman: charged me $75 OTD for the 4R.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:39 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:39 pm

Yeah... I asked this :dillerman: about what time it would be done this AM. He seemed perplexed as to why I would want to know that... then said 'probably like noon'. It's now almost 3 and :crickets:

This is all over a broken sun visor... should be like a 15 minute job max and they said they have the part in stock.
My trip to the :dillerman: today went like this. I arrived for these issues at 9:15 AM.
  • Alignment
  • Short shifter. Didn’t want to break something. I know :pussy:
  • A/C slow to cool
  • Rattle
They blame the rattle on the stuff that’s in the hatch which is just my air compressor and a tire pressure gauge. He claims to have heard it and removed the stuff which “solved” it. Not sure I buy it but I’ll try it myself later. It definitely sounded like it was coming from the rear right wheel well. Thankfully they didn’t charge me for it but they nickel and dimed me elsewhere….

A/C can’t get looked at because she assigned it to a tech who isn’t certified on the A/C system. My fault, I forgot to mention it when I checked in. Not certified on A/C though???

I ask for an update around noon on where we’re at and she says he’s still working on the shifter. I was quoted an hour and a half which is too much but that seems to be the rate. Could probably be done in 30 minutes.

Around 1 o’clock I overhear another guy asking for an update on his car and the service advisor said another 25-30 minutes to get it off the rack. Last I remember this diller only has one alignment rack. I ask my advisor if the alignment has even been done on my car yet which it hasn’t so I tell them :nope: , not doing it today. Finally get out of there at 1:15. Had I waited for the alignment I probably would’ve been there till 3, maybe 3:30.

Since I scrapped the alignment they overcharged me on the shifter. It “took longer than expected” and was 2 and a half hours :ayfkm:

Overall, I’m done taking it in unless it’s for warranty stuff. I can’t do that anymore.
:disgust: :|
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

For car shit it’s drop it off and forget it till they call… usually sitting there like a cuck is a losing prop imo
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:17 am For car shit it’s drop it off and forget it till they call… usually sitting there like a cuck is a losing prop imo
Even oil changes are a shit show anymore. Took Honda all day to do an oil change and tire rotation “10k service” 🙄
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:17 am For car shit it’s drop it off and forget it till they call… usually sitting there like a cuck is a losing prop imo
Yeah, I'm never waiting again. This dealer used to be the good one for enthusiasts but its about 35 minutes out of the way for me. I'm never up in that area unless it's for car shit. The service manager was a forum bro on the dead zone but the last few times I've gone it hasn't been great. :iono: . And you have to schedule an appointment like a month in advance.

There is a local diller I could drop off on my way to work but I'm kind of mixed on them. I used them a bunch in the past on my Mk5 GTI but I don't think they're enthusiast friendly. The local indy shop is only a mile from my house which makes drop off easy.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:15 am
Even oil changes are a shit show anymore. Took Honda all day to do an oil change and tire rotation “10k service” 🙄
Last oil change took me forever too. Tell me the honda was free at least?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

On a separate note, the dieselgeek shifter is :megusta: . The old bolt action rifle cliche definitely applies. The rubbery vague shifts that feel like you're connected to nothing are gone and you've gotta give it some effort to change gears. Throws are very short as well.

bleeder block + dieselgeek + knob = :muah:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:04 am On a separate note, the dieselgeek shifter is :megusta: . The old bolt action rifle cliche definitely applies. The rubbery vague shifts that feel like you're connected to nothing are gone and you've gotta give it some effort to change gears. Throws are very short as well.

heh, i bought his first product back in the day for my mk4 before they were all fancy. They were just modified OE shifters and you had to pay a core charge and all :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:04 am On a separate note, the dieselgeek shifter is :megusta: . The old bolt action rifle cliche definitely applies. The rubbery vague shifts that feel like you're connected to nothing are gone and you've gotta give it some effort to change gears. Throws are very short as well.

:nice: That is a sweet upgrade for sure. I am still likely dumping my BMW so :aintcare: that much, but I wonder if there's an equivalent out there. Don't care what anyone says, BMW shifters are trash. Honestly, I don't ever recall driving a Euro car with a great shifter. BMW is meh, VW is meh, Lotus was shit, Porsche Cayman was OK. Japanese and American cars do that little bit better.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:22 am

:nice: That is a sweet upgrade for sure. I am still likely dumping my BMW so :aintcare: that much, but I wonder if there's an equivalent out there. Don't care what anyone says, BMW shifters are trash. Honestly, I don't ever recall driving a Euro car with a great shifter. BMW is meh, VW is meh, Lotus was shit, Porsche Cayman was OK. Japanese and American cars do that little bit better.
Don't all the BMW bros get an Auto Solutions short shift kit? Their website looks straight from 1995 so :iono: how much they cost.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:55 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:15 am

It was $200 or some shit for the “10k service” with no loaner. Honda ownership is pretty crap overall.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:14 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:55 am

It was $200 or some shit for the “10k service” with no loaner. Honda ownership is pretty crap overall.
:disgust: The rage 4 needs to go in for it's "25k service" which I think is just a tire rotation. Although I think that needs an alignment too.

I don't think you get a loaner anywhere now unless it's a Lexus, MB, or BMW.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:35 am

:disgust: The rage 4 needs to go in for it's "25k service" which I think is just a tire rotation. Although I think that needs an alignment too.

:member: my bmw lack of loaner stories ?!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:59 am

:member: my bmw lack of loaner stories ?!
That's right. Maybe it's a dealer thing then. There's a big network here that has Lexus and BMW and my parents have always gotten loaners. I know for Lexus there is an option they come to you with a loaner and then drive your car back for service. Obviously most people here wouldn't do something like that but I'm assuming pretty much every Lexus owner would.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

We asked for one at Jeep and it was a nah. Asked about a ride too... nah. So I threw my bike in it, rode home, then rode back to retrieve. Got me 20 miles of riding in though :iono:
wap

I always got one at my VW :dillerman: but they recently changed ownershit, so :notsure: if I'll still get one. SA dude claims they'll give me one if I contact him directly but :iono:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:30 pm

We asked for one at Jeep and it was a nah. Asked about a ride too... nah. So I threw my bike in it, rode home, then rode back to retrieve. Got me 20 miles of riding in though :iono:
:notbad:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:03 pm I always got one at my VW :dillerman: but they recently changed ownershit, so :notsure: if I'll still get one. SA dude claims they'll give me one if I contact him directly but :iono:
Mine would only give one if it was a warranty repair lasting multiple days. I guess because VW would pay them for it? Somehow they lose money letting people drive the rental cars. I get it, depreciation, mileage, etc, but you're a car dealership. Are they taking these cars, certifying them, and selling them used?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:24 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:03 pm I always got one at my VW :dillerman: but they recently changed ownershit, so :notsure: if I'll still get one. SA dude claims they'll give me one if I contact him directly but :iono:
Mine would only give one if it was a warranty repair lasting multiple days. I guess because VW would pay them for it? Somehow they lose money letting people drive the rental cars. I get it, depreciation, mileage, etc, but you're a car dealership. Are they taking these cars, certifying them, and selling them used?
You'd think they would be all about it now when used is more than new for reasons :lolol:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:27 pm

You'd think they would be all about it now when used is more than new for reasons :lolol:
Don't give them any ideas. :lol:

Also, another thing I remembered. VW says to do a brake fluid flush in year 3 and then every 2 years after. Now I didn't buy the car until March 2020, but it was a leftover 2019 so it sat around for quite a while. Should I get the fluid change done as it is technically 3 years old? Or wait until 3 years of actual ownershit?
wap

I think if the cars are never titled, they can sell them as new but "demo's" or some such :bs: , but :iono: for sure.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:46 pm

Also, another thing I remembered. VW says to do a brake fluid flush in year 3 and then every 2 years after. Now I didn't buy the car until March 2020, but it was a leftover 2019 so it sat around for quite a while. Should I get the fluid change done as it is technically 3 years old? Or wait until 3 years of actual ownershit?
I believe the warranty/maintenance schedule clock starts when the car is sold, but confirm with the :dillerman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I don't think it matters too much, but I would probably do it when you get the chance, especially considering you're autox'ing.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:14 pm

I believe the warranty/maintenance schedule clock starts when the car is sold, but confirm with the :dillerman:
The warranty stuff does so my 6 year 72k bumper to bumper warranty that doesn't cover a rattle in the interior started on march 2020 but who knows when the car got delivered to the initial diller. I'd have to check the sticker but obviously it was sometime in 2019.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:04 pm

I don't think it matters too much, but I would probably do it when you get the chance, especially considering you're autox'ing.
Might as well. I'll have the indy place do it which means I can probably get something better than whatever the OEM fluid is. RBF600 most likely.