2022 :plac: life !

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:30 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:59 am We actually have the slowest pace on record so far... 19,20,21 were much more :plac: y but... some members dropped off also.
yea you'd have to do a per capita analysis to figure it out.

Its truly wild yall are making money buying and selling cars.
I’m probably holding some sort of record… sold 5 cars in the last 12 months.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:36 am Bringing home a souvenir from vacation in Colorado.

Fulfilling my high school dream...Hyper Blue 2000 S10 ZR2 :manuel: not a spec of rust on it, runs and drives like a dream, interior needs some work, paint needs some work, 180k miles, bought from 3rd owner for $6k.

Road tripping home through the Rockies, into Wyoming, SD, Mt Rushmore, Badlands, etc.

Yes, I know this is retarded. Yes, I overpaid for something that probably should be in a junkyard (nobody wants S10s) No, I don't care. It will be my "beater" tinker toy project. I'm stoked.

:hibachi:
Just been wondering where you’ve been yesterday. The :hibachi: paid off! We gotta get some more info though …
How does it run? What shape is it in ? What will you address ? 4.3 v6?

:whalecum: to the :scrooge: club. Honestly anyone buying a new Hyundai with a 5k markup/paint protection package should be ashamed of themselves. This is the way
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:08 am Honestly anyone buying a new Hyundai with a 5k markup/paint protection package should be ashamed of themselves. This is the way
:realfax: (now brought to you with kia powertrains, :lolgasm: )
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:00 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:36 am Bringing home a souvenir from vacation in Colorado.

Fulfilling my high school dream...Hyper Blue 2000 S10 ZR2 :manuel: not a spec of rust on it, runs and drives like a dream, interior needs some work, paint needs some work, 180k miles, bought from 3rd owner for $6k.

Road tripping home through the Rockies, into Wyoming, SD, Mt Rushmore, Badlands, etc.

Yes, I know this is retarded. Yes, I overpaid for something that probably should be in a junkyard (nobody wants S10s) No, I don't care. It will be my "beater" tinker toy project. I'm stoked.

That truck will be 6k forever if you keep it nice. I think it's a great buy. Congrats
In Michigan, $6k buys a truck half reclaimed by the earth. It's probably a $10k truck right now there, but that doesn't matter. I really love the thing, it's entirely emotional.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:17 am
That truck will be 6k forever if you keep it nice. I think it's a great buy. Congrats
In Michigan, $6k buys a truck half reclaimed by the earth. It's probably a $10k truck right now there, but that doesn't matter. I really love the thing, it's entirely emotional.
You got a lot to catch up on here.

A whole lotta
:butwhy:
:amazing:
:disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:08 am

Just been wondering where you’ve been yesterday. The :hibachi: paid off! We gotta get some more info though …

:whalecum: to the :scrooge: club. Honestly anyone buying a new Hyundai with a 5k markup/paint protection package should be ashamed of themselves. This is the way
Bought it from a dude with more money than brains. It was his fun vehicle and he spent :fullretard: money having it worked on BY THE CHEVY DEALER keeping it running well. The thing runs and drives like new. I can't believe how well it rides, he even replaced the shocks with factory replacement Bilsteins (stock on ZR2s). I've driven it 300 miles in the mountains so far, and it's somehow getting 18mpg. 4.3 and 5 speed manual. Only issues so far are an intermittent ABS light, which I know is the ABS module (and it's repairable), and the passenger seat won't recline, which :tits: is :sass: about. Everything else works, it's crazy.

Typical GM interior issues, cracked dash, loose interior pieces, but those are simple to fix by hitting up some junkyards in Michigan. The body is straight as an arrow, but the paint is scratched up. No clear coat peeling incredibly, and it looks like original paint. Underneath, it looks like new. It never saw salt in its life, never left Colorado.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:18 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:17 am
You got a lot to catch up on here.

A whole lotta
:butwhy:
:amazing:
:disgust:
:ohdang: :popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I was wondering where you've been! In4deetz on the trip sometime.

:iono: maybe it's dumb but I think that is a pretty sweet truck and worth the price of entry. If you :plac: I would probably be interested :lolol:

Is this 4.3 equipped? I'm assuming all ZR2s would be. Even in base 2WD manual, the 2.2 S10s are pretty fuckin' turd like in the acceleration department.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Oh, I missed this page. Yes, 4.3 is the way.

:excited: for you, sweet little :scrooge: acquisition!
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:29 am

:iono: maybe it's dumb but I think that is a pretty sweet truck and worth the price of entry. If you :plac: I would probably be interested :lolol:

Is this 4.3 equipped? I'm assuming all ZR2s would be. Even in base 2WD manual, the 2.2 S10s are pretty fuckin' turd like in the acceleration department.
I'll make a thread when I get back home next week. This was a situation that just came together.

The 4.3 is honestly notbad. The truck is hilariously small by today's standards and it has to be relatively light, so it's got adequate power for the mountains so far. It's not fast by any means, but not slow either. The manual is geared surprisingly well, and while WOT is underwhelming, it's quite a bit of fun to blast through the gears. I really missed :manuel:

Personal fact: my first vehicle was a :manuel: Sonoma Highrider (basically the same truck, it was just pre-facelift). I learned how to drive stick on it, and I'm amazed how driving the truck now feels like second nature. The 4.3 has no problem lugging down, so it's nearly impossible to stall, and I shift without even looking at the tach.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:35 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:29 am

I'll make a thread when I get back home next week. This was a situation that just came together.

The 4.3 is honestly notbad. The truck is hilariously small by today's standards and it has to be relatively light, so it's got adequate power for the mountains so far. It's not fast by any means, but not slow either. The manual is geared surprisingly well, and while WOT is underwhelming, it's quite a bit of fun to blast through the gears. I really missed :manuel:

Personal fact: my first vehicle was a :manuel: Sonoma Highrider (basically the same truck, it was just pre-facelift). I learned how to drive stick on it, and I'm amazed how driving the truck now feels like second nature. The 4.3 has no problem lugging down, so it's nearly impossible to stall, and I shift without even looking at the tach.
:fuckyeah:

I think it's your fault but I've really had the wants for a :manuel: :truk: in recent weeks. It's a different sort of fun. Glad to hear the 4.3 is decent. A buddy of mine had a basic bitch white single cab 2.2 5 speed S10 I've driven a good bit. They actually don't drive badly at all, it's a dece enough chassis for what it is, but that motor is a boat anchor.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:22 am
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:08 am

Bought it from a dude with more money than brains. It was his fun vehicle and he spent :fullretard: money having it worked on BY THE CHEVY DEALER keeping it running well. The thing runs and drives like new. I can't believe how well it rides, he even replaced the shocks with factory replacement Bilsteins (stock on ZR2s). I've driven it 300 miles in the mountains so far, and it's somehow getting 18mpg. 4.3 and 5 speed manual. Only issues so far are an intermittent ABS light, which I know is the ABS module (and it's repairable), and the passenger seat won't recline, which :tits: is :sass: about. Everything else works, it's crazy.

Typical GM interior issues, cracked dash, loose interior pieces, but those are simple to fix by hitting up some junkyards in Michigan. The body is straight as an arrow, but the paint is scratched up. No clear coat peeling incredibly, and it looks like original paint. Underneath, it looks like new. It never saw salt in its life, never left Colorado.
How did you come across it ? Were you doing nationwide searches? sounds like someone who was maintaining it to OEM standards. IMO that's the only way to fly. Aftermarket is best :wrong:

Is that the same module that is in the Vette and everything GM of that venture? So you just take off the block for a week and get it rebuilt over 2 weeks and a couple hunnit?!

We need more backstory here!! I'm :excited: one thing is to get a new car another thing is to get some backstories and see how things aged like fine wine or fresh milk over time.

I've been having a lot of interesting stories around the Benz here as well. Its kind of a cheapish hobby considering what it takes vs a "new" car.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:45 am

I think it's your fault but I've really had the wants for a :manuel: :truk: in recent weeks. It's a different sort of fun. Glad to hear the 4.3 is decent. A buddy of mine had a basic bitch white single cab 2.2 5 speed S10 I've driven a good bit. They actually don't drive badly at all, it's a dece enough chassis for what it is, but that motor is a boat anchor.
Yea, I'd :nope: on a 4 banger, the 4.3 is barely adequate.

Unpopular opinion, but these are how trucks should be. Simple, reliable, easy to drive/park/see out of, I really like it. ZR2s were a bit unique in that they were lifted and wider from the factory, used a narrowed 1500 10 bolt with G80 and Bilsteins. It all makes them incredibly stable. The thing takes mountain roads with way more enjoyment than it should.

I need to take some pictures of it parked next to "normal" trucks now. It looks like a scale toy by comparison. :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That works.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

:howdareyou:

I started this thing with the :manuel: taco BRO search... which then kicked Chris into a :manuel: taco search mode with an extended cab ... waiting on backstory on how the Colorado can up.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:54 am

Yea, I'd :nope: on a 4 banger, the 4.3 is barely adequate.

Unpopular opinion, but these are how trucks should be. Simple, reliable, easy to drive/park/see out of, I really like it. ZR2s were a bit unique in that they were lifted and wider from the factory, used a narrowed 1500 10 bolt with G80 and Bilsteins. It all makes them incredibly stable. The thing takes mountain roads with way more enjoyment than it should.

I need to take some pictures of it parked next to "normal" trucks now. It looks like a scale toy by comparison. :disgust:
Yea, that gen 1 taco that I borrow occasionally is actually very decent to drive. All it needed was the 3.4 vs the 2.4 with no power... But the 3.4 clean trucks are 3x the price of the colorado which is :fullretard: considering they are essentially similar trucks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:01 pm

I started this thing with the :manuel: taco BRO search... which then kicked Chris into a :manuel: taco search mode with an extended cab ... waiting on backstory on how the Colorado can up.
Fine then, I'll give you credit. But I don't need a :manuel: :truk: you bastard :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:52 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:22 am

How did you come across it ? Were you doing nationwide searches? sounds like someone who was maintaining it to OEM standards. IMO that's the only way to fly. Aftermarket is best :wrong:

Is that the same module that is in the Vette and everything GM of that venture? So you just take off the block for a week and get it rebuilt over 2 weeks and a couple hunnit?!

We need more backstory here!! I'm :excited: one thing is to get a new car another thing is to get some backstories and see how things aged like fine wine or fresh milk over time.

I've been having a lot of interesting stories around the Benz here as well. Its kind of a cheapish hobby considering what it takes vs a "new" car.
Wasn't really shopping seriously. We had a vacation to Denver planned for a while, and early last week (a week before leaving) I decided to take a peek at craigslist for trucks because I know many vehicles in Colorado are rust free. I was originally looking for Tacoma's, and this truck popped up somehow. I contacted the guy asking about the maintenance history and rust, and he responded with a video of underneath the truck spotless. He then said he's had all work done at the dealer and gave me a laundry list of stuff he's replaced over the last 5 years of his ownership (name it, it's been replaced). He was asking $6k, and said he was getting inundated with responses to his post, so I told him that I'd really like to take a look at it when I got into town with a bit of an emotional story about why I wanted the truck (my old truck, high school, etc). I expected the truck to be gone by the time we got to Denver, but I called him when we arrived and he said he held it for me :mindblown: because he cares about the truck and wanted it going to someone that also cared about it. Wow.

He drove it to our hotel for me to look at it :wat: and I spent a while looking all over it, confirming it's in incredible shape. My bank had a branch around the corner, I went and got cash and gave him ask. He then ubered home. Really chatty and nice older dude, he has a house in Denver and a house in the mountains, the truck was at his mountain house and just driven around up there.

This was on Sunday, and the truck has taken us all over the Colorado mountains so far without skipping a beat. We're heading up to SD tomorrow to see Mt Rushmore and Badlands NP then home. I really needed an adventure like this, it's been great.

It all just kind of came together. And that was the only way I was going to do this, I didn't want to force or work anything, if it was meant to be, it would happen. It'll be nice to have a second vehicle that's in good enough shape to drive but needs some tinkering to get perfect. It's exactly what I wanted, and the little worthless bed will really come in handy for some upcoming :pinshit:
ChrisoftheNorth

By the way, :manuel: ZR2 S10s are obscenely rare, and the color was only for a few years. It was legit my dream truck in highschool, so lots of feels on it.
ChrisoftheNorth

And yes, the ABS module is similar to the one in the Vette. Pop it out, ship it off, a few hundo later, and it's fixed.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:24 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:01 pm

Fine then, I'll give you credit. But I don't need a :manuel: :truk: you bastard :lolol:
:like: Nothing :wrong: with having a :manuel: truck in the stable. It makes an otherwise boring existence somewhat exciting... Now I am thinking about green :taco: s again.
max225

Jason is the best car guy at the moment pumping out killer content. ! come at me...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:dat:
Grats!

Plans for it?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:26 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:52 am

Wasn't really shopping seriously. We had a vacation to Denver planned for a while, and early last week (a week before leaving) I decided to take a peek at craigslist for trucks because I know many vehicles in Colorado are rust free. I was originally looking for Tacoma's, and this truck popped up somehow. I contacted the guy asking about the maintenance history and rust, and he responded with a video of underneath the truck spotless. He then said he's had all work done at the dealer and gave me a laundry list of stuff he's replaced over the last 5 years of his ownership (name it, it's been replaced). He was asking $6k, and said he was getting inundated with responses to his post, so I told him that I'd really like to take a look at it when I got into town with a bit of an emotional story about why I wanted the truck (my old truck, high school, etc). I expected the truck to be gone by the time we got to Denver, but I called him when we arrived and he said he held it for me :mindblown: because he cares about the truck and wanted it going to someone that also cared about it. Wow.

He drove it to our hotel for me to look at it :wat: and I spent a while looking all over it, confirming it's in incredible shape. My bank had a branch around the corner, I went and got cash and gave him ask. He then ubered home. Really chatty and nice older dude, he has a house in Denver and a house in the mountains, the truck was at his mountain house and just driven around up there.

This was on Sunday, and the truck has taken us all over the Colorado mountains so far without skipping a beat. We're heading up to SD tomorrow to see Mt Rushmore and Badlands NP then home. I really needed an adventure like this, it's been great.

It all just kind of came together. And that was the only way I was going to do this, I didn't want to force or work anything, if it was meant to be, it would happen. It'll be nice to have a second vehicle that's in good enough shape to drive but needs some tinkering to get perfect. It's exactly what I wanted, and the little worthless bed will really come in handy for some upcoming :pinshit:
Solid 5/7 backstory. Post pics from your trip back! You really can't go wrong with something under 10k... so what if it disappears tomorrow ... you're basically out the "Tax" on a new vehicle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:35 pm

Jason is the best car guy at the moment pumping out killer content. ! come at me...
He is indeed very good. What a hilarious car. Are you going to :doit: ?

I think I'd choose a :manuel: :taco: over it :iono: