Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

So my company bought bike lockers after my co worker didn’t lock his bike and someone stole it. Lol. Pretty neat, request one on the app, it pops open and you shove the bike in. Use the app to unlock it later on. Bike sits in a steel shed all day out of the weather.

I should get a better commuter bike now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:37 pm So my company bought bike lockers after my co worker didn’t lock his bike and someone stole it. Lol. Pretty neat, request one on the app, it pops open and you shove the bike in. Use the app to unlock it later on. Bike sits in a steel shed all day out of the weather.

Man, that is awesome. I love stuff that encourages people to use bikes as transportation more.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:03 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:37 pm So my company bought bike lockers after my co worker didn’t lock his bike and someone stole it. Lol. Pretty neat, request one on the app, it pops open and you shove the bike in. Use the app to unlock it later on. Bike sits in a steel shed all day out of the weather.

Man, that is awesome. I love stuff that encourages people to use bikes as transportation more.
Yeah! I have been enjoying bike commuting. I didn’t ride in today because it was going up to a hundo and thought heat stroke might not be fun. But I typically ride in on my beater. Quick and easy 15 mins door to door. Now I could do it with a nicer bike and not worry about it.

Been wanting a nicer commute bike. One I feel safe putting a kiddo seat on. Don’t feel safe doing that on the bike I have because I don’t trust it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wow.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:06 pm

Wow.
Best part is he was legit upset that it got stolen and the security guard didn’t stop the guy. I mean. It wasn’t locked bro. Haha.

But yeah we now have these sweet enormous steel locker things.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Wow.
Best part is he was legit upset that it got stolen and the security guard didn’t stop the guy. I mean. It wasn’t locked bro. Haha.

Yeah leaving a bike out unlocked is just dumb…

When I bike to the office I just roll the nasty bitch up to my desk and keep it inside all day. It’s safe/dry and also a weird flex to brag silently about biking in.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Wow.

Yeah even if the guy was sporting a bottle of night train and looked like he hadn't showered in a decade........that's profiling man.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

And isn't this office in downtown Philly? I mean, dafuq, bro. It's one thing if it was a suburban office park somewhere but anywhere with foot traffic? Nah.
Glans Hustaf
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Nothing Impressive

Johnny_P wrote:
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:03 am Man, that is awesome. I love stuff that encourages people to use bikes as transportation more.
Yeah! I have been enjoying bike commuting. I didn’t ride in today because it was going up to a hundo and thought heat stroke might not be fun. But I typically ride in on my beater. Quick and easy 15 mins door to door. Now I could do it with a nicer bike and not worry about it.

Been wanting a nicer commute bike. One I feel safe putting a kiddo seat on. Don’t feel safe doing that on the bike I have because I don’t trust it.
Turn Randy Savage into the commuter and get a nicer gravel jawn?
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:16 pm And isn't this office in downtown Philly? I mean, dafuq, bro. It's one thing if it was a suburban office park somewhere but anywhere with foot traffic? Nah.
Right on Market St across from the train station.
Johnny_P

Sack wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:26 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

Turn Randy Savage into the commuter and get a nicer gravel jawn?
Thought about that but it wouldn't work as a kid hauler, and I'd probably want to get a different fork for front basket duty. So maybe, but unlikely. I also don't exactly want for a "nicer" gravel bike. I'd be happy with hydro brakes on this one and just keeping it.

What I want is a road bike. But seems like everything is a gravel bike now. Some of Trek's "road" bikes can take 38c tires.... Randy is only rated for 35c, lol.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I enjoy my vintage road bike with rack commuter. It looks way cooler than a hybrid and has drop bars/32 mm GravelKings if I want to send anything. 5/7 would recommend but not sure about kid duty on it.
Johnny_P

Well, I actually got hit by a car while riding today. I’m in the middle of the lane, blinky light on, signaling for a right turn. Hit the brakes, start to turn right and I hear a car engine in my right ear. Then I hear squealing tires and feel the bike get bumped, which sends me off the road into the ditch. Look over and there’s a FUCKING CAR TRYING TO PASS ME ON THE SHOULDER.

I give up. This is bullshit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:04 pm Well, I actually got hit by a car while riding today. I’m in the middle of the lane, blinky light on, signaling for a right turn. Hit the brakes, start to turn right and I hear a car engine in my right ear. Then I hear squealing tires and feel the bike get bumped, which sends me off the road into the ditch. Look over and there’s a FUCKING CAR TRYING TO PASS ME ON THE SHOULDER.

Are you OK?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:15 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:04 pm Well, I actually got hit by a car while riding today. I’m in the middle of the lane, blinky light on, signaling for a right turn. Hit the brakes, start to turn right and I hear a car engine in my right ear. Then I hear squealing tires and feel the bike get bumped, which sends me off the road into the ditch. Look over and there’s a FUCKING CAR TRYING TO PASS ME ON THE SHOULDER.

Are you OK?
:dat:
Fuck
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Are you OK?
Fuck
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Holy shit dude. Are you physically okay, at least? People fucking suck, a lot of them. And it only takes one. Being surrounded by people with 4,000lb weapons that double as protective cages while on a 20lb bike is not fun. I basically only ride on divided paths or sidewalks now, or in a group, out of fear of this kind of shit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:11 pm

Holy shit dude. Are you physically okay, at least? People fucking suck, a lot of them. And it only takes one. Being surrounded by people with 4,000lb weapons that double as protective cages while on a 20lb bike is not fun. I basically only ride on divided paths or sidewalks now, or in a group, out of fear of this kind of shit.

Hope that you are alright, so sorry to hear this shit bag did this to you. People fuckin' suck.
Johnny_P

Are you OK?
Yeah just shaken up. Bike is fine too. Could have been really ugly.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:24 pm

Are you OK?
:like: So the douchnozzle just drove off?
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:24 pm

Yeah basically. And ran a red light to make sure he got away.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:56 am

Holy crap, people are disgusting man. Sorry this happened to you, at least you and the bike are fine. Hope it doesn't deter you from getting "back on the saddle"
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:56 am

Motherfucker. :rage:
Karma will catch up to him.

Glad you're ok, JP.
Glans Hustaf
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Nothing Impressive

Damn. Glad you’re ok.
Johnny_P

I need to order new tires for the gravel bike. Something with a bit more grip than the terreno but maybe a bit less than the WTB Resolute. Anyone have recs on a mid knobby gravel tire? Bontrager GR2 and Maxxis Rambler we’re recommended to me.