Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:hibachi:

At this point we can only assume that Max got carjacked at gunpoint by a :mahtroy: with gang ties and some drug mental illness who is gonna lead police on a pursuit after using the vehicle in petty crimes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:51 pm:hibachi:
Dealer knows what he has.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Got kicked out … after writing up post.

Car is good will follow up with pics and impressions etc
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Fuuuuuck yes. Want. Killer price on a nice luxo sled. I might want this when you're done with it in 5 months.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:40 pm Got kicked out … after writing up post.

Car is good will follow up with pics and impressions etc
:ohdang: :fuckyeah: :well: :popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

So lets sum things up around here. This car was originally sold in the desert Man's playground... Scottsdale... The original and sole owner took amazing car of the vehicle. Every single button works, paint is nearly perfect... Rubber is in decent shape. So this thing clearly didn't spent time outside...

In around 2017 the owner relocated to CALI... and it looks like he stooped driving the car around that time... as the final service was done around 2019 with around 85k miles...

I rolled 45 miles one way on my day off to just get FUCKED again. Like I did on MANY other E350's I was chasing... Matter of fact I had a 10:30 appointment with a 3rd CUCK in Mill Valley (E350 playground basically). And the dude SOLD IT to his neighbor without telling me once again... But thankfully I had this thing lined up already...

I randomly found this on Auto tempest after seeing a commercial for this site while watching VinWiki... random af i Know....

So back to today in the AM.... This car is at a small ford dealer as a trade... it is in a relatively rural town so they sling a ton of commercial vehicles and this thing is just an outlier... If it was in my neck of the woods it would be gone in HOURS. But people are fucking LAZY. So FUCK people... I don't care... and I'll make the trek.

I did my initial walk around and within 30 seconds I know this was the :unicorn: I was looking for... ALL RECORDS AT MB... SILVER ON BLACK and AMG PACKAGE with the big dick calipers and those wheels. And AMG "exhaust" which is a joke really. This car is silent. (more on that later).

I start it up... fires right up... I do my inspection... there is no evidence of any damage and or shitty paintwork.. The battery is dated 3/19 so it is relatively new.. It idles like nothing else... engine is barely audible. AC blows cold... all minor things around the interior look great. It has no weird smells like smoke or perfume and there are no weird stains that are major. I took it for a ride... and it had a small shimmy due to sitting too long... If found out they were sitting on this car for 40 days... These things sell in 3 days around me... so I knew I had something to negotiate with.

After letting Baezian know I found the :unicorn: she got super excited as well. I know we're weird people..

I told them I'll give them the asking price OTD or essentially I asked for a 10% discount. So ... 15 min "after talking to the manager, who I never met" we agreed on 11.5 which is essentially what I asked.

The finance manager was a cute blonde with too many kids, and a great attitude, didn't try to fuck me with anything and basically told me, you probably don't want the warranty because there is no point. The Sales guy was amazing too, 0 pressure and genuinely a great guy... Just wanted to sell me the car with no stories and that's it.

I feel like I didn't get the shaft and everyone is happy... I drove home happily. 45 miles and 0 issues.

Now to the car itself.

+Highway bruiser
+smooth as butter engine
+smooth as butter trans
+great visibility
+great trunk
+increadibly clean
+no oil leaks
+no warning lights
+no tears in the interior
+every single thing works
+Newish continental tires
+no curb rash .. :wtf:
+decent brakes (70%+)
+HK stereo + HD radio sound amazing
+Newish airfilters (found out at home)

-Oil looks darkish even thought they claimed to have changed it 100 miles ago, I'll be doing it again just in case.
-there is a little bit of "sticky button" thing going in around the light switch (All the ones I looked at had this issue). May get a new one
-No HIDs....
-Brake fluid may need a flush
- minor door dings around the rear doors where someone was careless opening doors

Overall... I would say this thing is a 4.5/7 in terms of condition for the age/miles. And probably 5/7 out of any car for 11k(ish) OTD that was 60k new. The value here is immense and I couldn't be happier.

Will I keep forever? Probably not, but it'll do for now. And its a gem to look at and drive.

I spent about 2 hrs detailing minor scuffs which all came out no problem with Maguire's. And I took out minor interior stains.... the joy about MB quality is that you can FUCK the car and bring it back to life no problem. And this one was BARELY fucked... and I am brining it back to full max' spec.

I will be looking to do the following:
+Oil change
+Brake fluid change
+New key sleeve/use guts of old key to refresh buttons
+steam clean carpets
+BT adapter will full integration for the Command interface.

And that's it....
max225

this is a Mercedes from a different time... Check out 0 oil leaks and how easy it is to do plugs and coils...

Air filter is flawless. Won't need doing for 30k easy

Cabin Air filter looks flawless as well won't need doing for 12k easy

Another angle from the front. IMO this is one of the most beautiful sedans ever made, other than the E39 M5 which is just a nightmare to own for what it is.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Just incredible. I feel like there might be fisticuffs around here when you go to sell this thing.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

It's been two hours since my last post and no new E350 Sport Pack content

wap

Such clean. So :unicorn: :amaze:

Congrats on a fantastic find. Cale is right. Dudes are going to fall all over themselves to get in line when you :plac: this Teutonic War Hammer.

And your comments mirror mine above about the W211 and E39 being probably the most :muah: sedans in the last 75 years at least. Amazingly perfect proportions, size, etc.

Well done on being patient and striking when the opportunity arose.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:09 am It's been two hours since my last post and no new E350 Sport Pack content

I shall oblige. I ordered a usbc adapter to 12V and a Bluetooth streamer to mmi adapter. So now the car can literally charge my iPhone and stream over the air. $16 and $23 respectively to bring it to 2022
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:35 am Image
This is actually a diff color. Toyota painted the tacos and 4Rs in a diff color
max225

wap wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:13 am Such clean. So :unicorn: :amaze:

Congrats on a fantastic find. Cale is right. Dudes are going to fall all over themselves to get in line when you :plac: this Teutonic War Hammer.

And your comments mirror mine above about the W211 and E39 being probably the most :muah: sedans in the last 75 years at least. Amazingly perfect proportions, size, etc.

Ty I am debating whether or not I want to bring this thing into “max spec” territory and update the suspension to new oem parts. Looks like I can do the rears (shocks)myself but the fronts are a bit of a bitch. Along with new lower control arms as they are the only part that “fails” before 100k

This should bring the car to near 100%. Btw I have 0 suspension issues however the car is 13 years so they can’t possibly be ok right ?
max225

Oh and I fixed the sticky switch surround with “goo gone” trick. Now I don’t need to buy a new switch panel… slowly approaching max spec.

I want to shampoo the carpets even though they look clean. Just to get that fresh “scent” into the vehicle. Any advice on what a good portable carpet cleaning machine is ?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:36 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:35 am Image
This is actually a diff color. Toyota painted the tacos and 4Rs in a diff color
Is the taco more green?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:40 am
wap wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:13 am Such clean. So :unicorn: :amaze:

Ty I am debating whether or not I want to bring this thing into “max spec” territory and update the suspension to new oem parts. Looks like I can do the rears (shocks)myself but the fronts are a bit of a bitch. Along with new lower control arms as they are the only part that “fails” before 100k

This should bring the car to near 100%. Btw I have 0 suspension issues however the car is 13 years so they can’t possibly be ok right ?
You could drive as is and be happy, or pay 4 figures to realize they were actually fine.

ORRR there's a noticable difference and it's even better afterwards
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:55 am
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:40 am

You could drive as is and be happy, or pay 4 figures to realize they were actually fine.

Exactly ! What should he do.?! Lol. I literally can’t imagine shocks being good after 13 years but I could be wrong.
max225

Benz has an extended 23.5 gallon gas tank 😐 Aryan cocaine mule status
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:28 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:55 am

Exactly ! What should he do.?! Lol. I literally can’t imagine shocks being good after 13 years but I could be wrong.
I would do Bilstein B6 or nothing. It will be firmer, but better.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:09 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:28 am

I would do Bilstein B6 or nothing. It will be firmer, but better.
High on the list but I may go oem instead …
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:55 pm Benz has an extended 23.5 gallon gas tank 😐 Aryan cocaine mule status
600mi range fuck yeah that's poorvette territory
wap

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:55 pm Benz has an extended 23.5 gallon gas tank 😐 Aryan cocaine mule status
:jelly:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

That’s a lot of pizza runs
max225

Lift kit dealer bro today pulled an epic :ayfkm: :dillerman: story you can’t make up.

Texted saying they are no longer putting the lift kit on ….

Then apparently they are now doing “paint protection”.

Then it comes out “truck” means 4R :fullretard: