OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:04 pm We are officially house tenants. Fuck yea
:like:
Grats!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:04 pm We are officially house tenants. Fuck yea
:fuckyeah: Grats, :bruh:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:57 pm Michelle in Europe with her family for the next week and a half… I think Sunday is going to be steak again :fuckyeah: my oldest friend is going to come up next weekend to live the bodybuilding lyfe with me for a few days as he’s wanting to get into it. Stoked for bro time in the literal and metaphorical sense of the word.
:nice:
Where is Europe is :tits: going?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:57 pm Michelle in Europe with her family for the next week and a half… I think Sunday is going to be steak again :fuckyeah: my oldest friend is going to come up next weekend to live the bodybuilding lyfe with me for a few days as he’s wanting to get into it. Stoked for bro time in the literal and metaphorical sense of the word.
They fly into France and spend a few days in Paris, then head up to London where her step dad still has family.

Grandma’s Alzheimer’s is progressing rapidly so they’re taking her on a bucket list trip of sorts.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:32 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:01 pm

They fly into France and spend a few days in Paris, then head up to London where her step dad still has family.

Grandma’s Alzheimer’s is progressing rapidly so they’re taking her on a bucket list trip of sorts.
:nice: ! And :( , too. I'm sure they'll have a great time with many wonderful memories.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:45 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:32 pm

:nice: ! And :( , too. I'm sure they'll have a great time with many wonderful memories.
Yeah I’m glad they’re able to make it over there with her.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nice man. Sometimes those solo weekends are very refreshing, get to do your own thing the whole time.

Hope that they have fun in Europe, sounds like a 5/7 trip!

Weekend here has been dece so far, we did some yard cleanup and I installed the gutter guards Max recommended a while back. We would get nasty bugs and larvae breeding in the gutters as the fill up fast and nasty water/plant detritus. I’m happy to be lowering that maintenance a bit. Otherwise been hanging out, we took the dog for some walks, grilled food last night, etc.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:18 am
Nice man. Sometimes those solo weekends are very refreshing, get to do your own thing the whole time.

Hope that they have fun in Europe, sounds like a 5/7 trip!

Weekend here has been dece so far, we did some yard cleanup and I installed the gutter guards Max recommended a while back. We would get nasty bugs and larvae breeding in the gutters as the fill up fast and nasty water/plant detritus. I’m happy to be lowering that maintenance a bit. Otherwise been hanging out, we took the dog for some walks, grilled food last night, etc.
:nice: I’ve been playing some video games (league of legends) this weekend, and cleaning around the house in prep for my dude coming up. I’ll probably take a break and get Ava out to walk by a river in a bit and get some sunshine since we have awesome weather right now. Then gym and cooking up the steak I just grabbed on my way home from a Home Depot run.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:49 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:47 am

From what I may been told, Charlotte may be less humid in the summers compared to my neck of the woods. Also summers here are awfully humid and hot too. Thankfully we don't live "far" from beaches. ~3 hour drive
I think it's about the same humidity wise, we may be slightly warmer, like a couple degrees on average throughout the year.

I do wish the coast was slightly more accessible here, it's 3 hours plus depending on where you want to go. My favorite is probably the Outer Banks which are quite far, 6ish hours.
I figured. Outer banks was nice. I have about 3 different beaches that are within 3 hours of a drive. Va beach (my least favorite of all), ocean city (eh better than va beach), rehoboth, 5/7
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I am fucking drained this weekend and for the last, need i say moar?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:49 am I think it's about the same humidity wise, we may be slightly warmer, like a couple degrees on average throughout the year.

I do wish the coast was slightly more accessible here, it's 3 hours plus depending on where you want to go. My favorite is probably the Outer Banks which are quite far, 6ish hours.
I figured. Outer banks was nice. I have about 3 different beaches that are within 3 hours of a drive. Va beach (my least favorite of all), ocean city (eh better than va beach), rehoboth, 5/7
We just bought a house in rehoboth
SAWCE

rockchops wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:34 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Congrats dude!
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
:ohdang:
:nice: , dood!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Congrats! Great looking town and beach!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
This is :amazing:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:49 am

I think it's about the same humidity wise, we may be slightly warmer, like a couple degrees on average throughout the year.

OBX is a much more relaxed and natural vibe. It still gets crowded as most places/any beaches do now, but it's not as developed as many others. You also get great big waves. My favorite is the northern end, the road ends at a point and you can keep driving Beep Beeps and the like up the beach and find more secluded areas to hang.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Dude thats :nice: my cousins parents recently bought one last summer. Its newly built and only eligible for retirees, 50+ I think. Very nice home. Lots of solar panels on roof. Pics please.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:36 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:06 pm

OBX is a much more relaxed and natural vibe. It still gets crowded as most places/any beaches do now, but it's not as developed as many others. You also get great big waves. My favorite is the northern end, the road ends at a point and you can keep driving Beep Beeps and the like up the beach and find more secluded areas to hang.
About 11 years ago (less than a year before i joined das golfmk6.cahm) i took my dads chevy trailblazer on that beach right by corolla and :jeep: rentals. Since it was a labor day weekend, the rental place was closed. But i did rode jetski on the lake.

Also vibes are 5/7, that brew thru :doe:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Lisa is sick. I am on toddler duty today and took a sick day at work.

I don’t think I have a right to complain to her about a hard day again.
Desertbreh

Tar wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:11 pm I was just having the home ownershit convo with my brother who is pressured by :tits: and :crotchfruit: to buy or rent.

He was looking at buying a conservative but nice house about 1-2 hrs from work for a typical price of $1.1MM

Together they have $550k to put down and a combined income of $120k/yr gross (80k clean)

Here's the math @ 4% interest and a 25yr ammort:

$600,000 loan so,
$2000/month in interest
$2000/month in principle
$733/month in tax (assess $880k x 1.1% prop tax)
$100/month in home insurance
$100/month in nat gas
$150/month in electricity
$50/month in water
$300/month in car insurance
$400/month in car fuel/gas
$400/month in car payments
$500/month in leisure
$2000/month in groceries, child care, clothes, etc
$500/month in unknown repairs

Not sure if I'm missing anything, but I'm not factoring in education/retirement fund. A WHOPPING $9233/MONTH in COL. That's pretty fkd! They will need an additional $30k/yr in income to stay out of the red.

I feel for this generation. :sad:
That is fucking seriously depressing. I'd say this is off the table then. Here's my question.... Where did the $550K come from with $80K net and living in Canada? Because having that money is the lipstick on the pig.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:25 pm
Tar wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:11 pm I was just having the home ownershit convo with my brother who is pressured by :tits: and :crotchfruit: to buy or rent.

He was looking at buying a conservative but nice house about 1-2 hrs from work for a typical price of $1.1MM

Together they have $550k to put down and a combined income of $120k/yr gross (80k clean)

Here's the math @ 4% interest and a 25yr ammort:

$600,000 loan so,
$2000/month in interest
$2000/month in principle
$733/month in tax (assess $880k x 1.1% prop tax)
$100/month in home insurance
$100/month in nat gas
$150/month in electricity
$50/month in water
$300/month in car insurance
$400/month in car fuel/gas
$400/month in car payments
$500/month in leisure
$2000/month in groceries, child care, clothes, etc
$500/month in unknown repairs

Not sure if I'm missing anything, but I'm not factoring in education/retirement fund. A WHOPPING $9233/MONTH in COL. That's pretty fkd! They will need an additional $30k/yr in income to stay out of the red.

I feel for this generation. :sad:
That is fucking seriously depressing. I'd say this is off the table then. Here's my question.... Where did the $550K come from with $80K net and living in Canada? Because having that money is the lipstick on the pig.
They both live with the 'rents, and have been saving for a moving target.
Desertbreh

Tar wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:38 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:25 pm

Sounds like they need to log a bit more time with the rents.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:44 pm
Tar wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:38 pm

Live with them till they die, inherit house, winning.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:44 pm

The whole Ontario real estate market is seriously jacked up.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:59 pm
The whole Ontario real estate market is seriously jacked up.
And it's been like that for a while. Pretty :mindblown: really.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.