Poverty Pole

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Who has the shittiest ride of them all?

2010 TSX with 115k miles
22%
2006 E350 with 103k miles
No votes
2018 Elantra
44%
2001 S4 BEATR
22%
Irish gti
11%
Write in 6
No votes

Total votes: 9
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:37 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:34 am

:bruh: read again. A man who just spent 20k miles in hybrid Corolla is attempting rake Johnny over the coals for driving an appliance due to family need
So who's got the Honda?
:notsure: if serious … I figure the CrV hybrid
max225

To be fair the Tsx has the following features all of which work.
Dual zone auto climate
Memory power seats and mirrors
Leather
Auto hid headlights
Heated seats
Sat radio
Ancient nav
Moonroof
Okay ish stereo with a sub
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:39 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:37 am

So who's got the Honda?
I figured it out after I typed it. Truthfully it DOES SOUNDS like a seppuku cruiser but many soccer moms would hardly consider themselves in poverty driving it. It's under warranty. Does not count
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Honestly JP's tomes of acceptance of its shitastic properterties as part of a life he has chosen is almost PJ O'Rourke in eloquentia. His contributions to this forum, though less voluminous, now contain an everyman's tone punctuated with actual knowledge about cars. Quality Material.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:44 am To be fair the Tsx has the following features all of which work.
Dual zone auto climate
Memory power seats and mirrors
Leather
Auto hid headlights
Heated seats
Sat radio
Ancient nav
Moonroof
Okay ish stereo with a sub
:fuckyeah: The Bae knows what she's doing.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:45 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:39 am
I figured it out after I typed it. Truthfully it DOES SOUNDS like a seppuku cruiser but many soccer moms would hardly consider themselves in poverty driving it. It's under warranty. Does not count
It is also over 40k it absolutely doesn’t belong on this shit list.
Desertbreh

Honestly Max you're just at that age where you're old enough to have money and young enough to actually care about what people think about your car. Another 15 years and you'll be driving that TSX with both middle fingers raised to the world. That's what I do in the Benz.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Doesn’t Cal or one of the NC guys have an old S4 with like 200k miles?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:52 am Honestly Max you're just at that age where you're old enough to have money and young enough to actually care about what people think about your car. Another 15 years and you'll be driving that TSX with both middle fingers raised to the world. That's what I do in the Benz.
It’s more about starting to feel old and have life pass you by without taking a chance at something. Or a car that may be fun… the latest guttural punch of having inflation wipe out 50% of 20 years of savings in 18 months … before the market even tanks is making me seriously rethink the “savings” strategy that I have been part of my adult life

Those living In the moment seem to have more than than rolling in a swirl marked to shit pass me down daily
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:56 am Doesn’t Cal or one of the NC guys have an old S4 with like 200k miles?
We need to have said person chime in …
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:58 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:52 am Honestly Max you're just at that age where you're old enough to have money and young enough to actually care about what people think about your car. Another 15 years and you'll be driving that TSX with both middle fingers raised to the world. That's what I do in the Benz.
It’s more about starting to feel old and have life pass you by without taking a chance at something. Or a car that may be fun… the latest guttural punch of having inflation wipe out 50% of 20 years of savings in 18 months … before the market even tanks is making me seriously rethink the “savings” strategy that I have been part of my adult life

Those living In the moment seem to have more than than rolling in a swirl marked to shit pass me down daily
TBH bro, I am not calling you out but sometimes you seem like you are your own worst enemy stuck in the perpetual grass is greener mentality? Maybe that’s just how it comes off though :iono:

You complain that you’re getting old and have hesitations about splurging money, but also getting old and regret that you’re not having fun enough cars? Am I viewing this wrong?

AGAIN not an attack or troll I’m just sayin’. We all have our quirks and features but that’s what I see from you. Your financial literacy is very high so you approach things in conservative fashion.

IMO, nothing wrong with enjoying certain things too. I follow an Eastern European guy on YouTube he talks about finance. He has over $1M in liquid net worth, and as a “car guy” he buys older Porsches and BMW’s that are investment pieces on top of his other investing. Maybe that’s where you can get your kicks. Fuck trying to figure out what car to buy and learn to live with. drive an appliance every day and buy fun cars you can drive for short periods and flip for gains
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh

I get it. But you need to just exercise some patience or you are going to get burnt by all the principles you hold holy...........namely buying high when everybody can see it won't last. If life is passing you by, BUY OTHER SHIT THAT ISN'T MARKED UP 50%. Wine. Guns. Home Improvements Another Rolex. Take your wife on a road trip in the MIni. Standing in line for the latest Apple Watch is for chumps.
max225

Yep that last part has been on my mind for quite some time. But I’m first to admit I don’t know that market well enough to make money.

The only two cars I haven’t lost my ass on were the last two I sold this year and a (e46 m3 which was a break even). But that’s the way to go
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:08 am

I get it. But you need to just exercise some patience or you are going to get burnt by all the principles you hold holy...........namely buying high when everybody can see it won't last. If life is passing you by, BUY OTHER SHIT THAT ISN'T MARKED UP 50%. Wine. Guns. Home Improvements Another Rolex. Take your wife on a road trip in the MIni. Standing in line for the latest Apple Watch is for chumps.
Yep… we going FLO-RIDA :member: things is happening. And I ain’t buying shit that’s marked up. Tsx 4 life baby.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:33 am I nominate my 2006 (16 years old, GASP) E350 with 103K miles. Currently on Quick Jack because I initiated an oil change without a new crush washer. :sad: Ordered 7 from FCP Euro and bunch of other shit as long as I was at it. It's clean, but nobody may drive an older car on the reg. I mix it in 50% of the time. I will concede Irish's 200K mile GTI is a way bigger piece of shit though. Unless Ron owned it.
:iswydt: :zing:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Need more write ins people
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:49 am Honestly JP's tomes of acceptance of its shitastic properterties as part of a life he has chosen is almost PJ O'Rourke in eloquentia. His contributions to this forum, though less voluminous, now contain an everyman's tone punctuated with actual knowledge about cars. Quality Material.
R.I.P. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:49 am Honestly JP's tomes of acceptance of its shitastic properterties as part of a life he has chosen is almost PJ O'Rourke in eloquentia. His contributions to this forum, though less voluminous, now contain an everyman's tone punctuated with actual knowledge about cars. Quality Material.
Hah. Boaty floaty family pod go brrrrr.

The mediocrity of this vehicle has been welcomed by me but is also a bit surprising given the pedestal Honda is placed on. It’s mostly NFG and decent but not worth the premium. I feel bad for anyone buying these over MSRP.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:28 am

The mediocrity of this vehicle has been welcomed by me but is also a bit surprising given the pedestal Honda is placed on. It’s mostly NFG and decent but not worth the premium. I feel bad for anyone buying these over MSRP.
I don’t… consumers unwilling to vote with their wallet are the crux of this problem. Consumers set the prices not :dillerman:
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:25 am
R.I.P. :(
:dat:
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:30 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:28 am

I don’t… consumers unwilling to vote with their wallet are the crux of this problem. Consumers set the prices not :dillerman:
Consumers HAVE TO HAVE NEW CARS because they refuse to maintain them even a LITTLE. AAAAAGH. Interior ruined by too many sippy cup spills and dead french fries!!!! MUST HAVE NEW 50K HONDA. They get what they deserve.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:34 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:30 am

Consumers HAVE TO HAVE NEW CARS because they refuse to maintain them even a LITTLE. AAAAAGH. Interior ruined by too many sippy cup spills and dead french fries!!!! MUST HAVE NEW 50K HONDA. They get what they deserve.
83% paid over sticker … for a fucking Hyundai
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

:lolol: Is the 2016 Elantra in the pole mine? I think mine is a 2018.. it’s such a basic bitch Point A to Point B appliance that I don’t even care enough to remember what model year it is. Need to get it in to the dealer, something is up with the clutch/tranny. Been getting a weird shudder/clunking when taking off in first gear occasionally.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:01 pm :lolol: Is the 2016 Elantra in the pole mine? I think mine is a 2018.. it’s such a basic bitch Point A to Point B appliance that I don’t even care enough to remember what model year it is. Need to get it in to the dealer, something is up with the clutch/tranny. Been getting a weird shudder/clunking when taking off in first gear occasionally.
Oh shit a 2018 ?! :yikes: does it still have a warranty ?

I :member: the HyunDAZE warranty only being applicable to the first owner and a ton of exclusions for that 10/100
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:38 am
Tar wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:11 am At this moment in time I don't even have a car. I'd take the TSX over a bus pass (effective 2/24)
So what are you driving ?
I get to drive my mom's 2012 C250 until 2/24, they are in FL., after that I'll share with the wife unit or rent something interesting for S&G