OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:23 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:49 pm

Have you been to Udvar Hazy in Chantilly? Seeing the SR-71 in person gave me goosebumps.
NO. Thanks for the pro tip though. I'm I'm back there I will not miss it.
If yall like that, the National Museum of the US Air Force in Dayton is a must do if you are ever in the area. I was there for work and had a day off, someone suggested it if I liked planes and space. I had NO IDEA how extensive it is. 4 hangers. Everything from Wright fliers to ICBM's. B-52. A shuttle IIRC. B-1B. Its truly amazing. I have pics from my iPotato back in the day, took them till my phone died.

The National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola is also very very good. Totally a good destination if you are there for a beach trip and one day rains out. Lots of stuff for kiddos too, and an IMAX show.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:12 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:23 pm

NO. Thanks for the pro tip though. I'm I'm back there I will not miss it.
If yall like that, the National Museum of the US Air Force in Dayton is a must do if you are ever in the area. I was there for work and had a day off, someone suggested it if I liked planes and space. I had NO IDEA how extensive it is. 4 hangers. Everything from Wright fliers to ICBM's. B-52. A shuttle IIRC. B-1B. Its truly amazing. I have pics from my iPotato back in the day, took them till my phone died.

The National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola is also very very good. Totally a good destination if you are there for a beach trip and one day rains out. Lots of stuff for kiddos too, and an IMAX show.
+1 on the Dayton museum. It's a fantastic experience. One year doing the Power Tour, they made Dayton a stop along the way. We figured we'd just pop in the museum for an hour and ended up spending 5.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:45 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:43 pm Totally get the :butwhy: about World/Land. I have a relative who went on a Disney Cruise for her honeymoon, goes to World as often as possible, and even took a second, part time jerb at a local Disney Store just to be closer to the vibe or whatever. :wtf:
I went a few times as a kid and the last time as a 23 yo with a few friends, which was fun I have to say.

However,

Let's all step back a minute and realize we spent most of the day shitting on poor Haley's vacation choices, of which she is clearly pretty :excited:. :(
Excited or not it’s a well deserved mental break for her, however the decision to go into a crowded area that most likely will be super spreader (even if she doesn’t get it or spreads it herself) is still kinda the reason she may be overwhelmed with the covid shit at work to begin with. People that go to Disney or mass gathering events/etc are usually the reasons the shit spikes and hospitals get overwhelmed

:iono:
:notsure:

This is really for the COVID thread but I think family gatherings, churches, and bars/restaurants are the real super spreaders. Disney is outdoor, masks required, most places like that also require neg. tests and/or vaccine proof. Let's not crucify her here, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wap wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:43 pm Totally get the :butwhy: about World/Land. I have a relative who went on a Disney Cruise for her honeymoon, goes to World as often as possible, and even took a second, part time jerb at a local Disney Store just to be closer to the vibe or whatever. :wtf:
I went a few times as a kid and the last time as a 23 yo with a few friends, which was fun I have to say.

However,

Let's all step back a minute and realize we spent most of the day shitting on poor Haley's vacation choices, of which she is clearly pretty :excited:. :(
Excited or not it’s a well deserved mental break for her, however the decision to go into a crowded area that most likely will be super spreader (even if she doesn’t get it or spreads it herself) is still kinda the reason she may be overwhelmed with the covid shit at work to begin with. People that go to Disney or mass gathering events/etc are usually the reasons the shit spikes and hospitals get overwhelmed

brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Disney sounds cool if that’s what you are into. I vom on roller coasters so I stay away from theme parks. Would go to a beach tho.

I’m sure Haley is aware of the risks and knows how to properly protect herself. Gotta still live your life, brahs.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:05 am Disney sounds cool if that’s what you are into. I vom on roller coasters so I stay away from theme parks. Would go to a beach tho.

I’m sure Haley is aware of the risks and knows how to properly protect herself. Gotta still live your life, brahs.
I don't like heights, and generally just hate roller coasters. That's what makes Disney appealing. It's not just packed with massive high gut busting roller coasters, there's more to see with shows, movie themed rides (that are legit fun like Indiana Jones, star wars, etc). Even just walking around the different areas can be fun if crowds are light. There's tons to see and do.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:37 am

This is really for the COVID thread but I think family gatherings, churches, and bars/restaurants are the real super spreaders. Disney is outdoor, masks required, most places like that also require neg. tests and/or vaccine proof. Let's not crucify her here, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
Not crucifying at all. Just going off of statistics. Travel + being around a lot of people is “not ideal” any way you slice it. It increases the chance of spread. Plus, traveling across country in a plane and then going to another venue with a lot of people? If it wasn’t Haley but we saw it on the news we’d claim that’s just reckless behavior.

See, I don’t have an issue with anyone doing whatever they want about it, but Haley is a healthcare worker and I assume she is very stressed out and rightfully so, because this pandemic is a mofo. But she is also probably more aware that spikes are caused by behavior she herself is partaking in.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:13 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:05 am Disney sounds cool if that’s what you are into. I vom on roller coasters so I stay away from theme parks. Would go to a beach tho.

I don't like heights, and generally just hate roller coasters. That's what makes Disney appealing. It's not just packed with massive high gut busting roller coasters, there's more to see with shows, movie themed rides (that are legit fun like Indiana Jones, star wars, etc). Even just walking around the different areas can be fun if crowds are light. There's tons to see and do.
:dat: It is really more of a production than a classic theme park, IMO. The rides blow from a thrills perspective, but if you enjoy shows and stuff, it's very cool.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:23 am

Not crucifying at all. Just going off of statistics. Travel + being around a lot of people is “not ideal” any way you slice it. It increases the chance of spread. Plus, traveling across country in a plane and then going to another venue with a lot of people? If it wasn’t Haley but we saw it on the news we’d claim that’s just reckless behavior.

See, I don’t have an issue with anyone doing whatever they want about it, but Haley is a healthcare worker and I assume she is very stressed out and rightfully so, because this pandemic is a mofo. But she is also probably more aware that spikes are caused by behavior she herself is partaking in.
I actually think that is :wrong: :doe: , most of the cases are transmitted among people who know and are comfortable with each other - daycares, churches, family gatherings in homes, etc.

All of that because masks and social distancing actually do work :mindblown: :science: :aliens:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:24 am
:dat: It is really more of a production than a classic theme park, IMO. The rides blow from a thrills perspective, but if you enjoy shows and stuff, it's very cool.
For someone that really doesn't like roller coasters, there's actually a lot of thrilling rides. Space Mountain, Indiana Jones ride, Radiator Springs Racers, Test Track, 7 dwarfs mine ride, Goofy's Flying school (shit's HIGH), etc. They're not all boring painful small world river cruises. The "big" coaster in California adventure is as extreme as I can have fun on.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:25 am

I actually think that is :wrong: :doe: , most of the cases are transmitted among people who know and are comfortable with each other - daycares, churches, family gatherings in homes, etc.

All of that because masks and social distancing actually do work :mindblown: :science: :aliens:
It’s not wrong. It’s a sliding scale. Are you more likely to transmit/contract COVID-19 in intimate family gatherings, daycare, schools, church, etc? Yes, probably.

Are you exposing yourself to more risk by going to venues where there are hundreds/thousands of strangers, and you are relying on all of them complying with social distance and masking 100% of the time and relying on underpaid/overworked venue staff to enforce every violation (not even possible due to ratio of tourists:employee)? Yes. You are still partaking in risky/dangerous behavior.

I am :aintcare: either way, but some posts Haley made in the COVID thread indicate she would, as a healthcare worker, judge someone negatively for doing the same thing/or of equal value as she is doing.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:52 am

It’s not wrong. It’s a sliding scale. Are you more likely to transmit/contract COVID-19 in intimate family gatherings, daycare, schools, church, etc? Yes, probably.

Are you exposing yourself to more risk by going to venues where there are hundreds/thousands of strangers, and you are relying on all of them complying with social distance and masking 100% of the time and relying on underpaid/overworked venue staff to enforce every violation (not even possible due to ratio of tourists:employee)? Yes. You are still partaking in risky/dangerous behavior.

I am :aintcare: either way, but some posts Haley made in the COVID thread indicate she would, as a healthcare worker, judge someone negatively for doing the same thing/or of equal value as she is doing.
:dat:

+ Florida has notoriously lax covid rules and high covid rates
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notwrong:

I would personally be willing to do it :doe: , TBH, if I desired going to Disney. I have been to concerts, sportsball games, etc. :aintcare: So I won't pass judgement either.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:36 pm

:notwrong:

I would personally be willing to do it :doe: , TBH, if I desired going to Disney. I have been to concerts, sportsball games, etc. :aintcare: So I won't pass judgement either.
No judgment to pass. I just hope if Haley gets a patient with covid that did similar things she would be more understanding now than she may have been before.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I’m also not one for curated entertainment. So.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:39 pm
I’m also not one for curated entertainment. So.
Agreed there. So the entire concept of theme parks are lost on us. Just trying to point out the other side of the coin.
Desertbreh

Haley walks into Cheers and makes one post, then walks out. Cliff, Norm, and the rest of DFD nation then go on for 2.5 pages about the merits of theme parks and the pandemic. Pretty self entertaining bunch.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:27 pm Haley walks into Cheers and makes one post, then walks out. Cliff, Norm, and the rest of DFD nation then go on for 2.5 pages about the merits of theme parks and the pandemic. Pretty self entertaining bunch.
Just 2.5 pages? We're slacking...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:27 pm Haley walks into Cheers and makes one post, then walks out. Cliff, Norm, and the rest of DFD nation then go on for 2.5 pages about the merits of theme parks and the pandemic. Pretty self entertaining bunch.
We've talked about most of what there is to talk about at this point... may as well go on some Disney rants, what else is there?
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:40 pm
We've talked about most of what there is to talk about at this point... may as well go on some Disney rants, what else is there?
Hey, I practically started it, not throwing stones.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Suh dudes. PNW trip was a success. Found some cool townhomes outside of Portland that we’ll live in. First day of work up there yesterday was chill. Home now and finishing up day 2.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:05 pm Suh dudes. PNW trip was a success. Found some cool townhomes outside of Portland that we’ll live in. First day of work up there yesterday was chill. Home now and finishing up day 2.
YOOOOO How's Portlandia ?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:15 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:05 pm Suh dudes. PNW trip was a success. Found some cool townhomes outside of Portland that we’ll live in. First day of work up there yesterday was chill. Home now and finishing up day 2.
Still weird. I love it up there. Back in SD for the next few months until we lock in a move date, but after making this trip I’m even more excited for the move.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:04 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:15 pm

Still weird. I love it up there. Back in SD for the next few months until we lock in a move date, but after making this trip I’m even more excited for the move.
Post up some comparisons to Sd