OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:09 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:54 pm Having been to Disney world on multiple occasions, it is FUN but also a novelty that gets old quick. Also, the more people you go with the worse it gets because everyone is either tired or wants to do their own thing.

5/7 would go back by myself one day just to do whatever I want however I want.

Also Universal studios/islands of adventure > Disney as far as adult fun goes.

I would love the Star Wars stuff at Disney :doe:
I spent a day alone at Disney World and it was one of the most depressing days of my life :lolol:

I was 18 :doe: , I think I'd be more OK with it now. But if I have a day alone, that is 100% not what I'm doing, give me a good bike ride, hike, day on a race track or amazing road, something like that.

Different strokes though, I have a lot of respect for Diseyworld/Land, it is a truly incredible production, pretty much unmatched anywhere.
Now, don’t misunderstand or misrepresent what I said. If I HAD to do Disney/universal again I’d prefer to do it 100% on my own.

That being said, yes, I’d much rather prefer a Sunday drive or go karting or whatever for the day if I had a choice.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I just don’t find the rides at Disney parks fun or exciting. DGAF about Disney itself, so if I’m going to spend all day waiting in lines at a theme park, I at least want the thrill of thinking I might die on a ride. Magic Mountain > Disney anything.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

When the wife and I met, we bought annual passes to Disneyland because they were $300 (at the time) and we could go just about whenever we wanted since it was close to home. We'd go on random weeknights or days where we knew it would be dead, and had a blast. This was back in 2011 when the world was still poor so we could walk right on to many rides and rarely had to wait longer than 15 minutes for something.

Then Disney decided to let people make monthly payments on annual passes, and it all went to shit. Gone were the days of walking on rides or avoiding crowds by going on a Tuesday night. It got :disgust: and I never went back, and don't want to.

It's still "magical" to the wife, and she's all excited to take our niece and nephew (who are 3) to Disneyland when we visit in a few months. I told her that not a single bit of that appealed to me (fucking 3 year olds won't enjoy it for more than 20 minutes), so she's going to go with her sister as a "Sister day". Yay, dodged that bullet.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:31 pm When the wife and I met, we bought annual passes to Disneyland because they were $300 (at the time) and we could go just about whenever we wanted since it was close to home. We'd go on random weeknights or days where we knew it would be dead, and had a blast. This was back in 2011 when the world was still poor so we could walk right on to many rides and rarely had to wait longer than 15 minutes for something.

Then Disney decided to let people make monthly payments on annual passes, and it all went to shit. Gone were the days of walking on rides or avoiding crowds by going on a Tuesday night. It got :disgust: and I never went back, and don't want to.

It's still "magical" to the wife, and she's all excited to take our niece and nephew (who are 3) to Disneyland when we visit in a few months. I told her that not a single bit of that appealed to me (fucking 3 year olds won't enjoy it for more than 20 minutes), so she's going to go with her sister as a "Sister day". Yay, dodged that bullet.
:sweaty: :fuckyeah: :alpo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:31 pm When the wife and I met, we bought annual passes to Disneyland because they were $300 (at the time) and we could go just about whenever we wanted since it was close to home. We'd go on random weeknights or days where we knew it would be dead, and had a blast. This was back in 2011 when the world was still poor so we could walk right on to many rides and rarely had to wait longer than 15 minutes for something.

I think 2011 was the first time I went …

Was shit

Then I went again in like 2016 still shit… and again in 18? Can’t :member:

always expensive af and crowded af
404 joy not found… however plenty of :disgust: adults all over.

I was honestly shocked when I went on a small world… I felt like it was straight out of the simpsons when they were making fun of run down and shitty old rides…
1/7 would not recommend
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:50 pm

Was shit

I was honestly shocked when I went on a small world… I felt like it was straight out of the simpsons when they were making fun of run down and shitty old rides…
1/7 would not recommend
The only way it's decent is when it's not crowded. Going at like 6pm on a Tuesday evening in January or March (Feb is a shit show because a bunch of schools do winter breaks) was ideal and quite a bit of fun.

And that was only before they allowed monthly payments on passes. After that, it was just people EVERYWHERE all the time and absolutely terrible.

We went to World in...2015 I think. I got hammered in Epcot which made for a fun time from what I remember. Other than that, meh.

Wife still loves it though, so I'm going to be fighting this battle constantly forever. Especially once her sister's kids are old enough to make it an entire day. "Wouldn't it be so much fun to take the twins to Disneyland? They'll just love it." :rolleyes: :disgust: :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

The last time I was at Disney World and Universal Studios was 2002. I've never been to California's theme parks, and the wife has never been to any of them.

It was unusually cold and rainy the last time I went. It had actually dipped into the 40s/30s. So, the lines for the rollercoasters and water rides were rather short. We just bought ponchos and had at it because it wasn't something that we did every year, and since that was 20 years ago now and rides like Jaws and the Dueling Dragons are no longer there, I'm glad I decided to suffer through the cold.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:58 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:50 pm

Was shit

1/7 would not recommend
The only way it's decent is when it's not crowded. Going at like 6pm on a Tuesday evening in January or March (Feb is a shit show because a bunch of schools do winter breaks) was ideal and quite a bit of fun.

And that was only before they allowed monthly payments on passes. After that, it was just people EVERYWHERE all the time and absolutely terrible.

We went to World in...2015 I think. I got hammered in Epcot which made for a fun time from what I remember. Other than that, meh.

Wife still loves it though, so I'm going to be fighting this battle constantly forever. Especially once her sister's kids are old enough to make it an entire day. "Wouldn't it be so much fun to take the twins to Disneyland? They'll just love it." :rolleyes: :disgust: :nope:
:gag: :hellno:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I really don't see why anyone would take three year olds to Disney :disgust:

I think maybe 10-12 year old kids might be :notbad: ?

FWIW World is way better than Land, but I'm cool to never go to either again :lolol:

:iono: we have a park here right outside Charlotte with way better roller coasters, I think possibly the tallest in the US actually (or was 5-10 years ago when they built it). If I wanted to do rides, I could get a season pass and go after work a few times in the summer on week nights and get my fix, but in adulthood, stuff like mountain biking and track days are way more exciting and fun and less :disgust: lines and such involved.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:10 pm I really don't see why anyone would take three year olds to Disney :disgust:
When kids exist as accessories rather than humans, it's not about what the kids want, it's about what the parents want to do with the kids and broadcast over social media.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:23 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:10 pm I really don't see why anyone would take three year olds to Disney :disgust:
When kids exist as accessories rather than humans, it's not about what the kids want, it's about what the parents want to do with the kids and broadcast over social media.
I don’t understand adults who looooove Disney. It seems like some sort of mental illness to me.
But I has some co workers that made it an annual trip and posted their poor 2 year old while wearing the ears and shit because they couldn’t go for 2 years cuz it was too small….

“Finally back after a hard 2 years “
:wtf: it’s like just an amusement park … why
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:23 pm
I don’t understand adults who looooove Disney. It seems like some sort of mental illness to me.
But I has some co workers that made it an annual trip and posted their poor 2 year old while wearing the ears and shit because they couldn’t go for 2 years cuz it was too small….

This is why you will always be a sad panda.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Totally get the :butwhy: about World/Land. I have a relative who went on a Disney Cruise for her honeymoon, goes to World as often as possible, and even took a second, part time jerb at a local Disney Store just to be closer to the vibe or whatever. :wtf:
I went a few times as a kid and the last time as a 23 yo with a few friends, which was fun I have to say.

However,

Let's all step back a minute and realize we spent most of the day shitting on poor Haley's vacation choices, of which she is clearly pretty :excited:. :(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:43 pm Totally get the :butwhy: about World/Land. I have a relative who went on a Disney Cruise for her honeymoon, goes to World as often as possible, and even took a second, part time jerb at a local Disney Store just to be closer to the vibe or whatever. :wtf:
I went a few times as a kid and the last time as a 23 yo with a few friends, which was fun I have to say.

However,

Let's all step back a minute and realize we spent most of the day shitting on poor Haley's vacation choices, of which she is clearly pretty :excited:. :(
I don't recall the exact Desertbreh quote, but something along the lines of DFD being all about shitting on people for making the same decisions you've made for yourself, which is :notwrong: :lolol:
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:51 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:43 pm Totally get the :butwhy: about World/Land. I have a relative who went on a Disney Cruise for her honeymoon, goes to World as often as possible, and even took a second, part time jerb at a local Disney Store just to be closer to the vibe or whatever. :wtf:

However,

I don't recall the exact Desertbreh quote, but something along the lines of DFD being all about shitting on people for making the same decisions you've made for yourself, which is :notwrong: :lolol:
:lolol:
It's in :narc: 's sig:
DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

However,

Yea I feel like shit now too.. sorry Haley. People should be able to enjoy what they enjoy
Desertbreh

Yes. Enjoy your time in So Cal.

Sincerely,

Dirk Divebomber, 28th Earl of Clan Funsponge
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:29 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:25 pm

It really is a lot about perspective. Going in convinced you'll hate it, you'll hate. Keeping a more open mind? Might have :notbad: results.

I'm just as guilty as others with this.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:57 pm

It really is a lot about perspective. Going in convinced you'll hate it, you'll hate. Keeping a more open mind? Might have :notbad: results.

I hate it because I am............:wrong:? At age 10 I would have gone to ANY museum in the Smithsonian pantheon before Disneyland, twice on Sunday for the Air and Space. Still the same guy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat:

I mean, I like Disney. As mentioned, the production is amazing, rides can be fun, etc. I just don't personally like it enough to spend the money/time on it. I am willing to drop $1-2K on a weekend where I get sunburned all day and freeze all night in a tent to drive on a race track for two hours :doe: ... kind of the same thing in many ways, we all have "our things".

Perspective is key though, it can be hard to be a glass half full person.
max225

I found Universal studios to be a far more entertaining park... more suited for adults.
razr390

However,

Excited or not it’s a well deserved mental break for her, however the decision to go into a crowded area that most likely will be super spreader (even if she doesn’t get it or spreads it herself) is still kinda the reason she may be overwhelmed with the covid shit at work to begin with. People that go to Disney or mass gathering events/etc are usually the reasons the shit spikes and hospitals get overwhelmed

:iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:03 pm

I hate it because I am............:wrong:? At age 10 I would have gone to ANY museum in the Smithsonian pantheon before Disneyland, twice on Sunday for the Air and Space. Still the same guy.
Have you been to Udvar Hazy in Chantilly? Seeing the SR-71 in person gave me goosebumps.
Desertbreh

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:49 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:03 pm

Have you been to Udvar Hazy in Chantilly? Seeing the SR-71 in person gave me goosebumps.
NO. Thanks for the pro tip though. I'm I'm back there I will not miss it.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:23 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:49 pm

NO. Thanks for the pro tip though. I'm I'm back there I will not miss it.
It’s well worth it. They have the Concorde as well, and the Discovery space shuttle. Also the Enola Gay

Also I guess you have to update your sig now. Nobody gives a shit about Virginia*

*Except the Steven Udvar Hazy Air & Space Museum in Chantilly