OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:34 pm Michelle’s mom just tested positive and we were with them all weekend in Oregon, so michelle is out getting tested again now too. Fucking LOL
Wait, you both had it a couple months back, right?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:05 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:40 pm

I mean you also shoveled snow in the middle :iono:
Another indicator that it was COVID. I've always continued to live life ZFG when sick with no real impact. Shoveling snow is a workout, but shouldn't have taken me down like it did.
Look at the big brain on Chris. Infallible logic. Cold are usually minor because like traits and punnett square dominance, immunity can be incomplete. That is prob a part of why you got hit 'harder' than other sickness in the past. Covid was unique and a threat because nothing similar has challenged our immune systems before. Now that the world is getting the 'cron, we will all have some leftover immunity from previous challenge, perhaps like the vaccine induced (poorly?) upon you/us. Next time it won't be as bad, so on and so forth.

I may have had a touch of it too frankly, but was super minor if so. With crotch fruit bringing home something new every other week who really knows tho.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:42 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:34 pm Michelle’s mom just tested positive and we were with them all weekend in Oregon, so michelle is out getting tested again now too. Fucking LOL
A little over a year ago at this point. It was late November-early December 2020… we thought we had that sweet sweet Omicron a month or so ago, but was just a cold/sinus thing going around.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dang.

Good luck, :mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:49 pm
Tar wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:42 pm

A little over a year ago at this point. It was late November-early December 2020… we thought we had that sweet sweet Omicron a month or so ago, but was just a cold/sinus thing going around.
Time flies, send like it was just yesterday.

Yes the Omicron is the bees knees of the C19 family. :wub:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:40 pm Yea my best friend tested positive 2 days ago and I was supposed to see him today… :nope:
I was working with a guy on my team Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday morning, he called out sick, and tested positive on Thursday. I took a rapid test yesterday that came back negative. No symptoms either, but I'm just working from home today in case I start having symptoms over the weekend. That way, my last day in the office was Thursday instead of Friday.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

One of my son's teachers popped positive yesterday. Fun. There's no avoiding it.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:14 am At this stage, I don't know many people that DON'T have the VID. It's :impressive:
Same.

And yet… I have managed to dodge it this whole time :mindblown:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

haleyann wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:12 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:14 am At this stage, I don't know many people that DON'T have the VID. It's :impressive:
Same.

Or asymptomatic
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:21 am

Same.

Or asymptomatic
This, I'd love to see an n-protein antibody survey of major hospitals. Even if you didn't develop symptomatic disease, you were almost certainly exposed and kept from being ill due to vaccine or pre-existing immunity.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

So, kiddo tested negative in rapid test (waiting on PCR results). I tested negative twice at home, once before her test and once after her test (but within 24h).

Funny enough we had minor cold like symptoms so we thought we had it. I’ve said this before… I am sure I’ve been exposed+had it at some point without knowing or being overtly symptomatic beyond minor cold symptoms. I am vaccinated but not boosted, and kiddo is in daycare. She gets us sick at least once every 3-5 weeks :lol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Same.

Because proper PPE + vax?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Even the most pro government-anti-freedom dickheads are admitting its over.

https://unchartedterritories.tomaspueyo ... d-end-game
Coronavirus: Game Over
It's time to start living again

His data analysis and what not is still predictibally liberal-arts-major bad/incompetent, but I guess he stumbled onto the correct conclusion. I admittedly only half read the drivel he is spouting. It sounds largely self congratulatory ( :butwhy: ) but it doesn't matter; if people like this admit it's over.....it's over.

You hear that ya bunch of covid carens?

It's Over
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:58 pm Even the most pro government-anti-freedom dickheads are admitting its over.

His data analysis and what not is still predictibally liberal-arts-major bad/incompetent, but I guess he stumbled onto the correct conclusion. I admittedly only half read the drivel he is spouting. It sounds largely self congratulatory ( :butwhy: ) but it doesn't matter; if people like this admit it's over.....it's over.

It's Over
Tell that to our Prime Minister Turd-O, he just imposed a truck driver vaccine requirement which ultimately excludes 50% of American truck drivers from crossing the border. What a stupid fuck.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tar wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:09 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:58 pm Even the most pro government-anti-freedom dickheads are admitting its over.

It's Over
Tell that to our Prime Minister Turd-O, he just imposed a truck driver vaccine requirement which ultimately excludes 50% of American truck drivers from crossing the border. What a stupid fuck.
this guy? Time stanped for your pleasure

Yea he will cave soon. Or recalled / impeached whatever that Canadian process entails. They cannot arrest you all and as I have learned recently, Canada is fucking HUGE so lots of places to hide...stuff.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:31 pm

It ain't over until the hospitals are no longer overwhelmed. Until I see you strap on some PPE and volunteer at a nearby ICU, doc, I think it's best that you shut the fuck up.
I think it's best that you shut the fuck up, but neither of us gonna do that now are we? :lol: Besides, I don't see no stripes on your candy ass, too busy #stayinghome #stayingsafe
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Got my free government provided covid tests. Well, they’re coming through usps so I’ll have them in 3-6 business months.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:06 pm Got my free government provided covid tests. Well, they’re coming through usps so I’ll have them in 3-6 business months.
:thanksdejoy:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I never tested after Michelle popped positive last week, but I didn't feel/notice a single symptom.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:09 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:34 pm

I think it's best that you shut the fuck up, but neither of us gonna do that now are we? :lol: Besides, I don't see no stripes on your candy ass, too busy #stayinghome #stayingsafe
I actually think it's best we both shut the fuck up; neither one of us are qualified to speak about an infectious disease or best practices.

This thread should really be about sharing anecdotal first-hand/family/friend experiences and that's about it. I'm tired of all this driving wedges between people.

Speaking of anecdotal familial experiences - my mom, who got J&J + the Moderna booster somehow cohabitated with my dad and never tested positive. Dad finally tested negative, and has returned to work seemingly A-OK.
At least you recognize that and freely admit it.

Great news about your dad being ok.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:09 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:34 pm

I actually think it's best we both shut the fuck up; neither one of us are qualified to speak about an infectious disease or best practices.

This thread should really be about sharing anecdotal first-hand/family/friend experiences and that's about it. I'm tired of all this driving wedges between people.

Speaking of anecdotal familial experiences - my mom, who got J&J + the Moderna booster somehow cohabitated with my dad and never tested positive. Dad finally tested negative, and has returned to work seemingly A-OK.
:fuckyeah: Glad your dad is OK dude!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It's Over
I'm not really trying to jump into this 'debate' on either side but this really caught my eye. Truck drivers are alone in their own little cab for like 23.5 hours/day :lolol:

:butwhy: are they being singled out?
razr390

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:47 pm

I'm not really trying to jump into this 'debate' on either side but this really caught my eye. Truck drivers are alone in their own little cab for like 23.5 hours/day :lolol:

Because the supply chain isn’t crippled enough already
wap

Certainly not an expert here, but I am fairly familiar with how Over The Road shipping works as we ship millions of pounds/month OTR in both vans, flatbeds, and LTL loads. My guess is that drivers can be mini super spreaders. Consider the following scenario:

A driver pulls up to a company that hired them to ship a load.
They come into a small shipping office and communicate with at least one shipping manager, sometimes 2 or more who share the same small office, getting his shipping dox, shooting the shit, hitting a vending machine or water dispenser, etc. Then they often will communicate with one or more forklift driver who loads their truck. It's usually loud in a warehouse so they're usually shouting at each other.
Sometimes, if it will take a long time to load, he'll wait inside in a waiting area, sometimes with other drivers.
Once loaded, the driver pulls out and hits the road. He'll likely stop at at least 1 fast food or other restaurant while in route.
Once he gets to his destination, he interacts with the Receiving department and forklift drivers at the destination facility, handing over shipping dox, shooting the shit, etc, similar to at the shipping facillity.

Variation:
If the driver is loaded with multiple smaller shipments going to different destinations, called LTL, or Less Than Truckload shipments, he'll repeat the above scenario at several different receiving departments.

Lastly, and I hate to say this, but drivers don't always practice the best personal hygiene while on the road. They also ain't washing their hands, using sanitizer, or wearing their masks correctly, if at all.

Even if masked, it's pretty easy to see how one infected driver can spread a lot of virus to many people in a wide area of the country in the space of just a few days.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No idea, but it's making big news. Punish the unvaxxed seems to be the only game in town.