OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:12 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:01 pm

I said it annoyed me you illiterate asshole. Use those powerz to win and just ban me and further enhance the resonance of your chamber of echoes. You want to. Just do it. Then you can brag about how much of a big man you are to your friends for banning a guy on a board with like 15 active posters.

But you won't because online, just like in real life, you are a blow hard with lots of words and little action.
And here we go, right back to the name calling.

:lol:

Bless your heart.
again, you literally started it Mr. Potts
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:21 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:15 pm

again, you literally started it Mr. Potts
:pout:

How many times have you :micdrop: now?

I've lost count.
Why don't you get into the SQL backend and find out if you care so much? While you are there you can erase my existence from the board for wrongspeek. We've always been at war with Eurasia afterall. :doit:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:45 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:38 pm

Why don't you get into the SQL backend and find out if you care so much? While you are there you can erase my existence from the board for wrongspeek. We've always been at war with Eurasia afterall. :doit:
...so, when negotiating compensation at your current job, did you specifically request 'time to shitpost on the internet'?
ohhhhhhh the Fallacy of Diversion, that's a new one for you. Don't change the subject. You are off work since the grass isn't growing, log into the sql of the backend and erase me. :doit: Signal to the mob, you can :doit: Too bad about the grass. Would probably would have been a lucrative year as a :dillerman: I guess you can always get back in the game as a porter.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:04 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:56 pm

ohhhhhhh the Fallacy of Diversion, that's a new one for you. Don't change the subject. You are off work since the grass isn't growing, log into the sql of the backend and erase me. :doit: Signal to the mob, you can :doit: Too bad about the grass. Would probably would have been a lucrative year as a :dillerman: I guess you can always get back in the game as a porter.
You're asking the wrong person to ban you at this point.

It's far more entertaining to sit here and watch you :pout: and beg for attention.
And I think its fun to point out your lack of a spinal column at every available opportunity. If that makes one (more?) person on this board see through your bullshit, well that's a bonus.
:lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

LOUD NOISES!!1!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Oh wow. :popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:37 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:18 pm

And I think its fun to point out your lack of a spinal column at every available opportunity. If that makes one (more?) person on this board see through your bullshit, well that's a bonus.
:lolol:

Ah yes, because cheeky photoshop shenanigans on the internet are a real measure of someone's character.

Please, continue.
It probably would’ve been funnier if you added his old avatar with a non effective mask. I made those a while back.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:40 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Ah yes, because cheeky photoshop shenanigans on the internet are a real measure of someone's character.

Please, continue.
It probably would’ve been funnier if you added his old avatar with a non effective mask. I made those a while back.
That's the joke Rudy, they are all ineffective. Make my avatar something really obtuse like a crooked cross or something. That way you all can virtue signal, apply false labels, and cancel me all at the same time! And in true dfd fashion throw in some :dong: for good measure.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:50 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:40 pm
That's the joke Rudy, they are all ineffective. Make my avatar something really obtuse like a crooked cross or something. That way you all can virtue signal, apply false labels, and cancel me all at the same time! And in true dfd fashion throw in some :dong: for good measure.
You literally came here guns swinging with your opinions and now act like the victim when you are criticized.

Give me a fucking break.

No one is deleting your posts or banning you. Your rants are safe and secure here.

Let's take a deep dive into what's really going on here.
You come in with your interpretation of the information, and present it in this "I'm right, you're wrong"
You shout people down, call them idiots, and get upset when you aren't received well, and say people are cancelling you.

No dude, you're an asshole. Normal people don't interreact this way, and people, including myself, don't want to be around you.

Why would I spend time with someone who is going to call me an idiot for buying a truck?
Or installing rocks around my house?
Or stay with my girlfriend in a not so good relationship?

These are examples of you not sharing your opinion, but berating people, and belittling them to what end? I don't know.

Friends don't act like this. Normal people don't act like this.

Let's bring this back to COVID, I have a shit load of friends who share your ideas. Know what? When it comes up we don't talk about it, because we value our friendship more than proving a point. You don't care about people you consider friends. All you seem to care about is being right. "Owning" them as the lingo says.

Our last group chat you kicked me out because you were shitting all over transgender people. To a person who you know is pro-LGBTQ, and has a gay brother. You don't care who upset, who you hurt, being right, toot-ing your own horn is all that matters.

You often have used the phrase "You don't respect my opinion" Well Brad, you don't respect your friends.
Friends build each other up. All you seem to have interest in is tearing people down.

So sure, keep going on DFD, or Facebook, or the social media of your choice. Get in fights, "Own" the libs.
Do whatever yo want.

But don't be surprised when people leave your life.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Pretty sure I have COVID. Chills, aches, fever hallucinations last night with a brutal headache that kept me up most of the night. No loss in taste or smell and no fever today so far, also no breathing issues or congestion, but I still feel drained, achy, and puffy headed. From what I can read, common Omicron symptoms.

Figured I'd go get tested, but all the test places require appointments and they're all at least a week out. :lolol: what's the point? A week for the test then a few days for results and quarantine is done. Dafuq.

We'll see how the next few days go...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:21 pm Pretty sure I have COVID. Chills, aches, fever hallucinations last night with a brutal headache that kept me up most of the night. No loss in taste or smell and no fever today so far, also no breathing issues or congestion, but I still feel drained, achy, and puffy headed. From what I can read, common Omicron symptoms.

Figured I'd go get tested, but all the test places require appointments and they're all at least a week out. :lolol: what's the point? A week for the test then a few days for results and quarantine is done. Dafuq.

Good luck man, hope things go smoothly. Did you get boosted? How do you think you caught it?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:21 pm Pretty sure I have COVID. Chills, aches, fever hallucinations last night with a brutal headache that kept me up most of the night. No loss in taste or smell and no fever today so far, also no breathing issues or congestion, but I still feel drained, achy, and puffy headed. From what I can read, common Omicron symptoms.

Errbody sure seems to these days.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tar wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:26 pm

Good luck man, hope things go smoothly. Did you get boosted? How do you think you caught it?
Not boosted, just Pfizer double dose 8 months ago now.

We went out on NYE, could have been that. :iono: Also just out and about shopping and whatnot, it seems inevitable.

If I do have it, it's super mild. It's unlike anything I've ever had before, tho. Headache and chills/fever with no other real symptoms (can breathe 100% ZFG, minor nausea but I still have an appetite). :iono: weird.
ChrisoftheNorth

But it's the testing that gets me. Waiting a week just to get an appt for a test is :butwhy: More evidence that the data we're working from on all of this is garbage.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:34 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:32 pm
Not boosted, just Pfizer double dose 8 months ago now.

We went out on NYE, could have been that. :iono: Also just out and about shopping and whatnot, it seems inevitable.

If I do have it, it's super mild. It's unlike anything I've ever had before, tho. Headache and chills/fever with no other real symptoms (can breathe 100% ZFG, minor nausea but I still have an appetite). :iono: weird.
Night sweats seem to be a good indicator of Omicron, apparently. You sweat through the sheets last night?
Last night was a shit show. Hot/sweating but chilled/shivering to the core, intense headache, crazy vivid dreams that bled into reality, oof.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:37 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:34 pm

Night sweats seem to be a good indicator of Omicron, apparently. You sweat through the sheets last night?
Last night was a shit show. Hot/sweating but chilled/shivering to the core, intense headache, crazy vivid dreams that bled into reality, oof.
It didn't mess with my heart or lungs. I did develop a cough a week later and have been slowly shedding it little at a time. Don't forget to eat your fruits and veggies.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tar wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:37 pm
It didn't mess with my heart or lungs. I did develop a cough a week later and have been slowly shedding it little at a time. Don't forget to eat your fruits and veggies.
I'm religious with vitamin supplements, and I'll be amping up Zinc and C to help give the immune system more ammo.

I really hope it doesn't progress down from my head. The heart and lung stuff always concerned me. So far, zero chest congestion. Not even a scratchy throat.

Could also just be a cold, but I've never had headache and chills/sweats without other things before. Usually there's congestion or a stomach issue or something. Wild.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:17 pm *bunch of half truths like the true liberal way*
wow thats alot of false statements and half truths but whatever, glad you could come in and contribute to the dog pile of *checks notes* like 3 other dudes after not posting for like 4 months. Maybe it's just getting older, but I don't need people that act like this in my life either. Now that your signaling to the mob is complete, you may step back in line (and off the forum) with the rest of the sheep and continue to allow them to do your thinking because you are clearly incapable of doing it yourself. Any other false labels the private echo chamber™ has for me you all want to share? Am I in the kkk now too? Because everyone in that gchat knows me sooooooo well.

Anyway-
Im sure they will come to your rescue when your house floods again.
Im sure they will put you up in their home in hard times.
help each other move
help get you a job
help each other with auto projects that need skilled second hands
be a sounding board for life stuff
divulge private conversations from long ago, out of context, in public, in order to paint others in a poor light - oh wait, thats you! :dislike:

Good talk. have a nice life. See you on the hill, probably.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Hope you are better soon. One thing all the docs say on the 'alt' media is to get treatment ASAP if it gets worse/does not get better after a couple or three days. Hitting it early with treatment seems to lead to better outcomes and faster recovery.
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:33 pm But it's the testing that gets me. Waiting a week just to get an appt for a test is :butwhy: More evidence that the data we're working from on all of this is garbage.
banned, this is contrary thinking, the data is fine. :trollface:
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:57 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:17 pm *bunch of half truths like the true liberal way*
wow thats alot of false statements and half truths but whatever, glad you could come in and contribute to the dog pile of *checks notes* like 3 other dudes after not posting for like 4 months. Maybe it's just getting older, but I don't need people that act like this in my life either. Now that your signaling to the mob is complete, you may step back in line (and off the forum) with the rest of the sheep and continue to allow them to do your thinking because you are clearly incapable of doing it yourself. Any other false labels the private echo chamber™ has for me you all want to share? Am I in the kkk now too? Because everyone in that gchat knows me sooooooo well.

Anyway-
Im sure they will come to your rescue when your house floods again.
Im sure they will put you up in their home in hard times.
help each other move
help get you a job
help each other with auto projects that need skilled second hands
be a sounding board for life stuff
divulge private conversations from long ago, out of context, in public, in order to paint others in a poor light - oh wait, thats you! :dislike:

Good talk. have a nice life. See you on the hill, probably.
And that really is the juxtaposition of is isn't it?

I don't deny, in fact, I celebrate the good times we had together.
We were true bros.

But you needed to put me down to feel better about yourself.
You put politics above friendship.

It's sad what you have become.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:53 pm
Tar wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:40 pm

I'm religious with vitamin supplements, and I'll be amping up Zinc and C to help give the immune system more ammo.

I really hope it doesn't progress down from my head. The heart and lung stuff always concerned me. So far, zero chest congestion. Not even a scratchy throat.

Could also just be a cold, but I've never had headache and chills/sweats without other things before. Usually there's congestion or a stomach issue or something. Wild.
Well, if it's the Cron then I'm confident that you'll be great in two weeks or less. My wife had to take some vertigo pills for a week afterwards and I'm still coughing a bit but not any real concerns anymore.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:03 pm banned, this is contrary thinking, the data is fine. :trollface:
Or he's simply stating that the data sucks because immediate testing is so hard to come by?

He's got a point.
This is my thinking too. I am not going to go get tested if I get sick -- whats the point? Isolate and treat symptoms. Unless you are traveling or seeing people or something, the test is just a nice thing to know. Around here, all of the facilities are mobbed, which is about the last thing id want to deal with while sick.

I checked in with my lead architect again today, he is still under the weather but finally doing a little better. It has been 10 days for him, he's had a tough time with it.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:43 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:03 pm

banned, this is contrary thinking, the data is fine. :trollface:
Or he's simply stating that the data sucks because immediate testing is so hard to come by?

He's got a point.
Right. All the data we have is based on testing. If people can't get tested if they need to, then the data isn't representative of the entire population.

It goes both ways. There's likely far more cases than being represented. But there's also likely a lot of extremely mild cases going unreported. So the data gets skewed toward the bad end of things, but also doesn't capture the entire picture of infections. Grain of salt.

Agreed with chops, just going to play it safe and isolate for the next 2 weeks without a test. We don't go anywhere anyway, and we don't even have plans to cancel. :ohwell:

Headache keeps coming and going, but that's about it right now. We'll see how tonight and the rest of the week goes.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:10 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:43 pm

He's got a point.
Right. All the data we have is based on testing. If people can't get tested if they need to, then the data isn't representative of the entire population.

It goes both ways. There's likely far more cases than being represented. But there's also likely a lot of extremely mild cases going unreported. So the data gets skewed toward the bad end of things, but also doesn't capture the entire picture of infections. Grain of salt.

Agreed with chops, just going to play it safe and isolate for the next 2 weeks without a test. We don't go anywhere anyway, and we don't even have plans to cancel. :ohwell:

Headache keeps coming and going, but that's about it right now. We'll see how tonight and the rest of the week goes.
I had a bad headache for one day and was ultra tired. Coffee and two liquid gel advils fixed me up.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I know DPlac is in a much much more rural area, but that's crazy that testing is so hard to come by out there, and it sounds like in a lot of other places as well. Lots of same day, no appointment needed, testing available out here in SD.

I'm on the same train of thought though, if I thought I had it for some reason I'd just chill at the house for a weekish until I felt better. No point in testing anymore. I'll head to the ER if my fingers turn blue from lack of that sweet sweet oxygen.