OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:46 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:33 pm

Yeah, certainly brings up an ethical dilemma of riding outside vs. just riding indoors.

You try the neighbor's Peloton yet?
Haven't had a chance. Hoping I can actually get Friday off like I'm supposed to and pop over there for a ride.

But it's looking like I'm getting penalized for not taking this and next week off. Instead of being quiet, I'm being told that I just have to do everything. 12 hour days are getting OLD and the motivation to walk down the street to the neighbor's house for a ride after all that is difficult.
I've lost something like 2.5 weeks of PTO because the end of the year has been insane with major projects and other shit just piling on.

No payout or carryover.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:46 pm
Haven't had a chance. Hoping I can actually get Friday off like I'm supposed to and pop over there for a ride.

But it's looking like I'm getting penalized for not taking this and next week off. Instead of being quiet, I'm being told that I just have to do everything. 12 hour days are getting OLD and the motivation to walk down the street to the neighbor's house for a ride after all that is difficult.
I've lost something like 2.5 weeks of PTO because the end of the year has been insane with major projects and other shit just piling on.

No payout or carryover.
Fake PTO!!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

I don't know what to tell you W-2 doods. Huck that's 2.5 weeks of your LIFE, man. Do you even work the system?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

Hopefully getting my booster this weekend. Been lucky to not have had Covid symptoms at any point in the past almost two years it’s been circulating in the US. My county has been terrible for it with how few people here vaccinated.

Mom got sick in may of last year, thankfully with no complications outside of her sense of taste still struggles a bit. She says food just doesn’t taste as good anymore. Considering we live in the same home, I’ve probably had it from her and been asymptomatic, same for everyone else here.

Thankful most of my friend group is sensible and they’ve been vaccinated and most already got their boosters as well. We can hang out like usual now. Life for the most part feels normal now. I have found myself forgetting to put my mask on sometimes when going places though.
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

adoob wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:31 pm Hopefully getting my booster this weekend. Been lucky to not have had Covid symptoms at any point in the past almost two years it’s been circulating in the US. My county has been terrible for it with how few people here vaccinated.

Mom got sick in may of last year, thankfully with no complications outside of her sense of taste still struggles a bit. She says food just doesn’t taste as good anymore. Considering we live in the same home, I’ve probably had it from her and been asymptomatic, same for everyone else here.

Thankful most of my friend group is sensible and they’ve been vaccinated and most already got their boosters as well. We can hang out like usual now. Life for the most part feels normal now. I have found myself forgetting to put my mask on sometimes when going places though.
:fuckyeah:
Newbro is not anti- :science: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Just to keep the discussion flowing, some good points in this article.

Headline: WHO says vaccine booster programs will prolong Covid crisis: 'No country can boost its way out of the pandemic'

KEY POINTS:
- WHO officials criticized blanket Covid vaccine booster programs as poor countries struggle to obtain initial immunization shots.

- The officials warned vaccine inequality could lead to the emergence of more mutant variants.

- The comments from the WHO come as health officials in the U.S. promote vaccine booster shots amid a surge in Covid cases caused by the omicron strain.

Link: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/who-say ... demic.html
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:39 am Just to keep the discussion flowing, some good points in this article.

Headline: WHO says vaccine booster programs will prolong Covid crisis: 'No country can boost its way out of the pandemic'

KEY POINTS:
- WHO officials criticized blanket Covid vaccine booster programs as poor countries struggle to obtain initial immunization shots.

- The officials warned vaccine inequality could lead to the emergence of more mutant variants.

- The comments from the WHO come as health officials in the U.S. promote vaccine booster shots amid a surge in Covid cases caused by the omicron strain.

WHO is now anti-vaxxer LOL

Just get your shot!!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:44 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:39 am Just to keep the discussion flowing, some good points in this article.

KEY POINTS:

Just get your shot!!
In all seriousness I’m hoping since most developed countries are going to the anti-viral pill route, that it allows some vaccine trickle down/distribution to occur. Seems like the most common sense answer but
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:59 am

Just get your shot!!
In all seriousness I’m hoping since most developed countries are going to the anti-viral pill route, that it allows some vaccine trickle down/distribution to occur. Seems like the most common sense answer but
There's a lot going for us with this variant being more spreadable and easier to cope with. Fingers crossed we end this shit in 2022
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:59 am
There's a lot going for us with this variant being more spreadable and easier to cope with. Fingers crossed we end this shit in 2022
We haven’t ended the flu… this thing is behaving really similarly so it’ll be around for the foreseeable future we won’t give a fuck soon enough
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:17 am

We haven’t ended the flu… this thing is behaving really similarly so it’ll be around for the foreseeable future we won’t give a fuck soon enough
It's the not giving a fuck part that I'm hoping for.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:26 am

It's the not giving a fuck part that I'm hoping for.
:word:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

FML. We can't get away from it. This is the twins' class.

Huckleberry

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 am

That's a blanket statement in itself.

The key takeaway is this: "The virus mutates particularly well in people with compromised immune systems where it can live for a long time and figure out how to survive inside its human host."

People who are immunocompromised should 100% be getting vaccinated and boosted. And I'm sure we have plenty of people on this continent with substandard immune systems who refuse to acknowledge science that also refuse to distance, wear masks, or otherwise be anywhere near intelligent about dealing with an infectious disease because Uncle Ron on Facebook said you're not a Patriot if you get the vaxx.

We just have to hope future mutations are more like Omicron and less like Delta. :iono:
Yeah, the Venn diagram of anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers is basically a silhouetted circle.

I do agree that vaccines need to be better distributed to poorer countries, as do the new antiviral pills. Of course, I'm not holding out hope that these people are going to accept the new treatments and will probably come up with some new bullshit excuse to still scream for horse cum.
max225

One of my close buddies tested positive in New York… he got boosted 3 weeks ago also. :thisisfine:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:26 pm One of my close buddies tested positive in New York… he got boosted 3 weeks ago also. :thisisfine:
LULZ
max225

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:27 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:26 pm One of my close buddies tested positive in New York… he got boosted 3 weeks ago also. :thisisfine:
Vaccine isn’t gonna stop infection. We’re past that.

Mild or severe symptoms?
He’s in the little to no danger age group so, mild.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:29 pm I don't know what to tell you W-2 doods. Huck that's 2.5 weeks of your LIFE, man. Do you even work the system?
I guess it really depends on the role/company but in over ten years of working jobs where I've had PTO, I've never once 'lost' any. I use every last hour of that shit, it's part of my compensation. It sucks when you save it for the end and shit hits the fan, I typically over index in the warmer months. I'm not really one to use PTO around the holidays anyway as work tends to be very dead and I rarely have to do much anyway from 12/23-1/1 or so.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

This is the direction I see this going as well... we'll have annual shots, they will work somewhat well at preventing infection and even better at avoiding hospitalization and that will be that.

I am pretty much in the life is back to normal/ :aintcare: group at this point, I've done what I can do. I'm sure there will be a huge uptick after everyone got together with family/friends in their homes over the past few days, I'm kind of numb to the media coverage of that at this point.
Huckleberry

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:37 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:29 pm I don't know what to tell you W-2 doods. Huck that's 2.5 weeks of your LIFE, man. Do you even work the system?
I guess it really depends on the role/company but in over ten years of working jobs where I've had PTO, I've never once 'lost' any. I use every last hour of that shit, it's part of my compensation. It sucks when you save it for the end and shit hits the fan, I typically over index in the warmer months. I'm not really one to use PTO around the holidays anyway as work tends to be very dead and I rarely have to do much anyway from 12/23-1/1 or so.
Too much shit hit the fan for me at the end of the year. I had the vacation in Martha's Vineyard, and came home to the flood damage, and everything spiraled from there. Construction projects got delayed due to the supply chain issues and it required me to stay vigilant to meet the deadline of the cafeteria opening at the beginning of the year. I guess I have some misplaced sense of duty, as well.

Typically, I try to take the week off between Christmas and New Year's, and burn any remaining PTO in October/November. It just wasn't in the cards this year.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/24/health/c ... index.html
"Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There's no place for them in light of Omicron," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and visiting professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, on CNN Newsroom Tuesday.
"This is what scientists and public health officials have been saying for months, many months, in fact," Wen added in a separate phone interview.
I'll repeat it again for those hard of hearing in the back and on the left:
"Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There's no place for them in light of Omicron," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and visiting professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, on CNN Newsroom Tuesday.
"This is what scientists and public health officials have been saying for months, many months, in fact," Wen added in a separate phone interview.
But you know, I'm the crazy right wing anti-science guy.

Speaking of science.
let define a thing
Myocarditis-Inflammation of the middle layer of the heart wall. Myocarditis is usually caused by a viral infection. A severe case can weaken the heart, which can lead to heart failure, abnormal heartbeat, and sudden death. Symptoms include chest pain, abnormal heartbeat, and shortness of breath.
Treatment may include medication to regulate the heartbeat and improve heart function. In rare but severe cases, a device may be needed to help the heart function.
Rare
Fewer than 200,000 US cases per year

Lets see what the FDA has been up to with the vax data on young people. This is a risk benefit for TEH BOOSTERS of phaser vax. pew pew.
https://www.fda.gov/media/154869/download

Lets look at the raw data, and review the only table/figure in this memo on page 7
Table 1. Pfizer’s Benefit Risk Analysis
Age Range Age 16-17 years
COVID-19 cases averted 13,843−43,143
Hospitalizations averted 29 to 69
Post-vaccination myocarditis 11-54 (among all 16-17 year olds)
23-69 (among male 16-17 year olds)

Observe how they don't report CI's on this data. What's the take? Well, the cure is just as bad as the disease, and maybe worse with the future unknown risks. All for a virus with *checks notes* a survival rate of 0-19 99.9973% or ~3 deaths per 100k in that age group. IE far less than car crashes and other dumb shit teens get themselves into.

Observe how the recommendation in the conclusion is in direct opposition to the data published within said memo.
Based on the data *snip*, the review team concludes that the data support that the known and
potential benefits outweigh the known and potential risks, and therefore recommends authorization of the
use of a single booster dose of the [vaccine]
"They", whatever power that is even perhaps if it's mass psychosis, are now lying DIRECTLY to all your faces. They are serving you a shit sammich and if you continue to buy into it you are eating it with a smile.

And, this just in..... it not just the kids anymore. How old are you? Willing to risk heart damage for the 4th shot?
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01630-0
Subgroup analyses by age showed the increased risk of myocarditis associated with the two mRNA vaccines was present only in those younger than 40.
:fax: :micdrop:

KEY POINTS:

some one is waking up
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:23 pm You guys see the press release on the WhitHouse.gov page basically telling everyone who hasn't followed the rule and gotten vaxxed to prepare for a season of death for themselves and their families? :lolol: fucking bullshit fear mongering.
awake
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:29 pm South africa has shown that the new strain is far less serious and deadly. I am not sure that's all driven by vaccines. Just this strain is highly contagious and far less serious in both vaxxed and unvaxxed groups
data driven, awake. :notbad:
coogles wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:30 pm Gotta keep the flow of Pfizer's lobbying money going.
very awake
Tar wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:30 pm We're all getting it, I'm convinced it will hit 60% and then real heard immunity will happen.
Good luck brother, hope you and the family fair well!
Wife and I popped a couple of extra supplements outside of C and D3 during and afterwards, let me know if you are interested in deets.
This dude is so awake his red pill was Adderall
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:33 pm Don't forget the alcohol, tobacco, and processed food industries. Heaven forbid we actually ban things that are bad for your health.
I'd bet each of those individually kill more Americans annually than the total death count from Covid will ever hit.
Uhoh, you've questioned TEH SCIENCE™, off to Сибирь for reconditioning.
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:15 pm If blood thickening or high blood pressure becomes a concern, hibiscus and hawthorne berry tea are both natural ACE inhibitors. My BP skyrocketed when I had covid and that combo of teas got me right again very quickly. I use them daily now to keep it down while doing bodybuilding things that increase bp...
Pretty cool when natural, simple things like this can help!
Those treatments are not under patent protection, sorry you've also been selected for reconditioning before its too late to save you.
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:10 pm
NYC is going DOWN right now. My boss had COVID last week, it seems that everyone I work with who's in NYC (which is a lot, the company is HQ there) is sick with COVID right now. My boss took a picture of the line outside the COVID testing sight by his place in Brooklyn yesterday, and there had to be nearly 100 people lined up down the sidewalk to get in. Everyone I've talked to is vaxxed too. Seems if you were vaxxed in April like a lot of us, you're basically raw dogging it now.

:thisisfine:
Testdemic. also, superspreader event. also NYC. I'm detecting an anomaly, i think he's bugged.
[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:28 pm Vaccine ≠ total immunity anyway. :triggered:
your handlers wrote:the conditioning is still working as planned, but we will need to alter the program to keep the masses under control.
brain go brrrrrr
Huckleberry

A friend's dad just died from it. He was a hardcore antivaxxer, apparently.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:48 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:17 pm A friend's dad just died from it. He was a hardcore antivaxxer, apparently.
According to the Truther from Tennessee, people don’t die from this.

Clearly you’re mistaken.
"fax"
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:17 pm A friend's dad just died from it. He was a hardcore antivaxxer, apparently.

Clearly you’re mistaken.
My FIL lost his aunt and cousin within days of each other, his cousin just died today, actually. Both picked it up at the same gathering on Thanksgiving. His aunt was 88 and cousin 66 and obese, but "comorbidities" or not, those are two more lives lost to this thing.
wap

coogles wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:18 pm

Clearly you’re mistaken.
My FIL lost his aunt and cousin within days of each other, his cousin just died today, actually. Both picked it up at the same gathering on Thanksgiving. His aunt was 88 and cousin 66 and obese, but "comorbidities" or not, those are two more lives lost to this thing.
:( Sorry to hear that, man.