OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:15 pm Yeah a Peloton wouldn't cost that many therapy sessions and frankly may be far more effective. Chris, for a guy with no gym that whole Peloton thing is the tightest weight burning ass kicking package out there right now.
And it's way more than just a bike.

I've got yoga, stretching, running, strength training, and all sorts of classes backed up by some very nice :tits: and :datass:
Jess King has stellar :tits: too bad she likes clams
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Thanks dudes.

SAD is probably a factor, but I've been dealing with depression on and off all year even over the summer. I blamed my job at the time, new one is better, still depressed so something ain't right.

I like being dealt news that I might not want to hear but need to. It's necessary for self improvement. It's a huge reason why the world is such a piece of shit now, nobody is willing to hear things they don't want to hear.

I need exercise, no time to do it, but I'll have to make it. Every square inch of our house is utilized, so there's nowhere to put exercise stuff. But, our overly generous neighbors that insist we borrow everything they have when we need it has a Peloton in the basement they bought, pay the subscription for, but never use. Told us to come by and use it whenever. Thinking I'll take them up on it over Christmas. If I like it, I'll campaign the wife to let go of some :pinshit: and carve out some space for a bike.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:08 am Thanks dudes.

SAD is probably a factor, but I've been dealing with depression on and off all year even over the summer. I blamed my job at the time, new one is better, still depressed so something ain't right.

I like being dealt news that I might not want to hear but need to. It's necessary for self improvement. It's a huge reason why the world is such a piece of shit now, nobody is willing to hear things they don't want to hear.

I need exercise, no time to do it, but I'll have to make it. Every square inch of our house is utilized, so there's nowhere to put exercise stuff. But, our overly generous neighbors that insist we borrow everything they have when we need it has a Peloton in the basement they bought, pay the subscription for, but never use. Told us to come by and use it whenever. Thinking I'll take them up on it over Christmas. If I like it, I'll campaign the wife to let go of some :pinshit: and carve out some space for a bike.
It’s also probably a LOT easier to convince infamous on the need for some indoor workout thing due to your diagnosis by your Dr
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:49 pm Still in Detroit, been here all week for work meetings. Was going to go home this afternoon, but a massive wind storm rolled through Thursday and knocked out power to our area and it won't be back until Sunday estimated. :rolleyes:

The whole home generator we ordered is obviously sold out everywhere, electrician is saying maybe by the end of Jan it'll be in and installed. Does a ton of good now.

At least we have my old man's house to stay in, just worried about the house freezing if power doesn't come back soon. I may need to go up and get our gas stove going to keep the house from becoming an igloo. The cat is also probably losing her shit.

Went to the doctor for my physical this morning, he diagnosed me with moderate to severe depression, high blood pressure, and need to lose 20 more lbs. I'm already starving most of the time, so not sure how to do that. They took my blood to test for things that could be causing weight and depression, I told him it's just the facts of life, but he didn't like that response. Sweet.

:eeyore:
try trt if you are low and before you start fucking with your brain chemistry using SSRIs
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Man, I personally get into a major funk after just one or two days without exercise, hence why some friends and family now call me the psycholist. Personally I really don't care for indoor cardio BUT if it's the only option, Peloton is really a fantastic way to do it. The classes, instructors, variety, all of it are of the best quality.

I'd say getting a free trial before plopping down a few thousand dollhairs is a huge win, I would try to get on the thing ASAP and see what you think.

You can make room in the house, we have an exercise bike in a significantly smaller house than yours. It is kind of annoying giving up limited space for it, but it's a worthwhile thing.

I think [user not found], Eric, and others here are offering solid advice. Exercise can help, trying to find things you enjoy, maybe check out meetup.com or something and see if there are any groups around you focused on a new hobby or thing you could try.

I would say maybe give up dope for 60 days or so and see how you feel, then you can decide for yourself if it's hurting you or not.

Finally, I know this isn't worth much, but IMO you are a great dude and you add a lot of value (as do many of you guys) to my life personally. You have helped tons of us with fantastic advice on car questions/repair, :pinshit: house knowledge, I recall you and WAP jumping in and offering me solid tips/help on my plumbing issues at my house. You are a smart, gifted, and cool dude to spend time with IRL or online, I think you and Infamous would be great friends of my wife in I if we had the opportunity. I know this is just a dumb online chat forum, but I consider you a good friend and one of the most important members in terms of keeping this place alive and enjoyable.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I don’t even ride bikes and I’m loving having the peloton.
:therapist:
Desertbreh

This is the way.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:48 am

Man, I personally get into a major funk after just one or two days without exercise, hence why some friends and family now call me the psycholist. Personally I really don't care for indoor cardio BUT if it's the only option, Peloton is really a fantastic way to do it. The classes, instructors, variety, all of it are of the best quality.

I'd say getting a free trial before plopping down a few thousand dollhairs is a huge win, I would try to get on the thing ASAP and see what you think.

You can make room in the house, we have an exercise bike in a significantly smaller house than yours. It is kind of annoying giving up limited space for it, but it's a worthwhile thing.

I think [user not found], Eric, and others here are offering solid advice. Exercise can help, trying to find things you enjoy, maybe check out meetup.com or something and see if there are any groups around you focused on a new hobby or thing you could try.

I would say maybe give up dope for 60 days or so and see how you feel, then you can decide for yourself if it's hurting you or not.

Finally, I know this isn't worth much, but IMO you are a great dude and you add a lot of value (as do many of you guys) to my life personally. You have helped tons of us with fantastic advice on car questions/repair, :pinshit: house knowledge, I recall you and WAP jumping in and offering me solid tips/help on my plumbing issues at my house. You are a smart, gifted, and cool dude to spend time with IRL or online, I think you and Infamous would be great friends of my wife in I if we had the opportunity. I know this is just a dumb online chat forum, but I consider you a good friend and one of the most important members in terms of keeping this place alive and enjoyable.
Seconded
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

I've had "The Nest" Thermostat for like 3 months. It is now refusing to turn on the heat. Just another overwrought piece of overtechnical shit from Google. Absolute fucking garbage.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:39 am I've had "The Nest" Thermostat for like 3 months. It is now refusing to turn on the heat. Just another overwrought piece of overtechnical shit from Google. Absolute fucking garbage.
Did you accidentally turn on “seasonal savings”?
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:39 am I've had "The Nest" Thermostat for like 3 months. It is now refusing to turn on the heat. Just another overwrought piece of overtechnical shit from Google. Absolute fucking garbage.
I don't think so but thanks for the tip. It has been coming on like fucking HOURS after we turn it on.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:32 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:24 pm

I don't think so but thanks for the tip. It has been coming on like fucking HOURS after we turn it on.
That’s bizzare mine is flawless unless it starts to try and “save “ me money. Also check to make sure it thinks you’re home and not away.
max225

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Got to go see pops and one of my sisters last night. Walked along Huntington Beach, then they all ate at a little Mexican place my sister used to frequent when she lived there. Was a nice night. Hadn’t seen my dad since Mom’s funeral.

rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote:Got to go see pops and one of my sisters last night. Walked along Huntington Beach, then they all ate at a little Mexican place my sister used to frequent when she lived there. Was a nice night. Hadn’t seen my dad since Mom’s funeral.

Beautiful man. Hope you guys are doing alright, what a crazy year.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:48 am

:bravo:
SAWCE

rockchops wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:05 pmBeautiful man. Hope you guys are doing alright, what a crazy year.
Thanks buddy. All of last week was tough for some reason, thinking about Mom much deeper than I had been previously and just missing her/feeling sad for everything she went through the last few years of her life. Doing okay overall though. Was good to get some time in with my dad last night. Trying to get him to come camp out at my place with me for at least a weekend while Michelle is in England with her family over New Year’s so he has stuff to do and can get a break from those cold high-desert temps.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:48 pm Got to go see pops and one of my sisters last night. Walked along Huntington Beach, then they all ate at a little Mexican place my sister used to frequent when she lived there. Was a nice night. Hadn’t seen my dad since Mom’s funeral.

:like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:48 pm Got to go see pops and one of my sisters last night. Walked along Huntington Beach, then they all ate at a little Mexican place my sister used to frequent when she lived there. Was a nice night. Hadn’t seen my dad since Mom’s funeral.

Awesome pics man! Glad you got to see them, fingers crossed your dad takes you up on staying in SD, sounds like it would be nice for both of you.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

This song is incredible

ChrisoftheNorth

Wow, gorgeous family. Pretty clear day in HB too!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:03 am
Nice dude. Love hole in the wall mexican joints; I've had some of the best food in places like that.
This place is excellent for sure. I’ve had chimichangas, burritos, flautas, a torta, and I tried my dad’s carne asada fries this time :drool:
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:36 am Wow, gorgeous family. Pretty clear day in HB too!
Thanks man!

I was absent most of last week, but saw some of your posts catching up over the weekend. Keep hanging in there dude. To echo Dan, as weird as it is that we all just hang out online, you seem like an actual stand up dude and I’d be happy to hang with you in person. I deal with depression and SAD myself, as it sounds like a few of us do, so if you ever need to just chat offline and shoot the shit or vent/bitch/whatever, hit me up.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:45 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:36 am Wow, gorgeous family. Pretty clear day in HB too!
Thanks man!

I was absent most of last week, but saw some of your posts catching up over the weekend. Keep hanging in there dude. To echo Dan, as weird as it is that we all just hang out online, you seem like an actual stand up dude and I’d be happy to hang with you in person. I deal with depression and SAD myself, as it sounds like a few of us do, so if you ever need to just chat offline and shoot the shit or vent/bitch/whatever, hit me up.
Thanks dude. I got some shit to work out, but appreciate the kindness.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:05 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:45 am

Thanks man!

Thanks dude. I got some shit to work out, but appreciate the kindness.
:wub: