OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Oh! And I had a fender [user not found] in my apartment complex. :flaccid:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:53 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:40 pm

South to get there. Probably through Charlotte area with a stay in Greenville. North to get back because my brother needs a ride to Roanoke area.
Depending on the day I wouldn't have a problem going to Gville for some beers if that's something you'd want to, or be able to do
:notbad:

I also just applied to a job in hawaii, so there's that.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:47 pm Oh! And I had a fender [user not found] in my apartment complex. :flaccid:
Between that and the pine tree tattoos on the roof, I predict next car will be a Toyota.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:41 pm Busy day today. :baby: had a Christmas singing performance thing at her daycare so we went. They recited twinkle twinkle little star and she waved her star all over the place :lol:
That's :fuckyeah: man.

We started singing that to Julian about a week ago. Dunno why we waited. He now "sings along" to twinkle twinkle while he makes the hand motions for itsy bitsy spider LOL.
Fucking kids man, they're such a handful but DAMN is it fun and rewarding and completely fascinating to watch.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:10 pm
Small leaves or small pieces of leaves, pine needles, and random dirt get past the screen and builds up in the gutters over time, and will clog the downspouts.

My dad put gutter guards on his house, and there's a section that he has to remove once a year because crap passes by and clogs the downspout. He also has to vacuum out sections in the spring where spring seeds and whatnot build up in the screens and won't let water through, thus making the gutter worthless.

He said he wouldn't do them again. When I had houses with gutters, I bought a long attachment for my leaf blower designed to blow out gutters, and I would just use that once a month to blow the gutters out while standing on the ground. Worked great, didn't take THAT much time, and I never had to deal with bs.
I dunno I suppose it depends on the type of trees you got. The mesh is really fine. I don't see how anything will build up and won't be just flushed down the gutter (fine stuff that does end up going through).

They are working great so far for me. :iono: Also

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gutter-Guar ... /300276095

98% recommended rating with 8076 reviews is clearly :wrong:
Are those what you have? Looks like a pretty good design, I might give them a whirl.

I don’t like blowing them out with the leaf blower, it’s always muddy and gets nasty shit all over the house.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:10 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Depending on the day I wouldn't have a problem going to Gville for some beers if that's something you'd want to, or be able to do

Hawaii would be dope.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:41 pm Busy day today. :baby: had a Christmas singing performance thing at her daycare so we went. They recited twinkle twinkle little star and she waved her star all over the place :lol:

Then at work our CEO, COO and a few other high ups from HQ came by to have lunch with all the managers at our site since they were in town for a fundraising gala. Was good facetime especially when CEO and COO (who is also my EVP) know me on a first name basis.

After that, took kiddo to the park while :tits: finished some work and ran some errands. Met a family there with a daughter around 1-2 months older than our little one and we networked a bit.

Tomorrow is payday with bonus attached, so :fuckyeah:
:nice: :waxer:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Then at work our CEO, COO and a few other high ups from HQ came by to have lunch with all the managers at our site since they were in town for a fundraising gala. Was good facetime especially when CEO and COO (who is also my EVP) know me on a first name basis.

After that, took kiddo to the park while :tits: finished some work and ran some errands. Met a family there with a daughter around 1-2 months older than our little one and we networked a bit.

Tomorrow is payday with bonus attached, so :fuckyeah:
:nice: :waxer:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:11 pm

Between that and the pine tree tattoos on the roof, I predict next car will be a Toyota.
Camry dent comes preinstalled.

Pine tree tattoos, :doe: ?

Use some hand sanitizer to get the sap off. Unless the paint's already etched. :(
:fuckyeah:
That's a great feature, it removes jealousy among Cammie drivers. Dents are the proverbial flair on the lapel on one's vest.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:10 pm

Hawaii would be dope.
I work with a dude that moved to Hawaii from NYC when my company went full remote. Apparently it's something he always wanted to do, so he did it. Loves it, though COL is expectedly high, he said it's worse than NYC in many cases.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:41 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:28 pm

Hawaii would be dope.
I work with a dude that moved to Hawaii from NYC when my company went full remote. Apparently it's something he always wanted to do, so he did it. Loves it, though COL is expectedly high, he said it's worse than NYC in many cases.
Call me dumb but I would 5/7 not live in Hawaii unless I was surfing, single, no commitments, etc. I don’t like the idea of being surrounded by thousands of miles of water in an oh shit scenario.

Plus, the locals don’t take too kindly to the white gentrification of the islands.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:11 pm

Camry dent comes preinstalled.

Pine tree tattoos, :doe: ?

Use some hand sanitizer to get the sap off. Unless the paint's already etched. :(
A reference to Trudy bringing home his Christmas tree on the roof of his :mk6: sans roof racks NFG.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:53 am
Call me dumb but I would 5/7 not live in Hawaii unless I was surfing, single, no commitments, etc. I don’t like the idea of being surrounded by thousands of miles of water in an oh shit scenario.

Plus, the locals don’t take too kindly to the white gentrification of the islands.
Yea, not my cup of tea either, but to each their own.

This dude's Korean, so he at least doesn't look too non-local. He's married no kids, they live in an apt, but live there to enjoy hiking, surfing, etc which he said they do at least one activity every day (unless it's raining).
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

What kind of 'oh shit scenario' do you think would happen?

I am kind of with you though, well I'm 50/50. On the one hand, you get amazing weather, beautiful scenery, endless outdoor activities, beach life, good food, chill vibe. Hawaii is definitely the best place I've ever been.

On the other, you get really high COL, you're somewhat 'trapped' in a small place, it's really costly in time/money to visit friends and family on the mainland, you don't have access to amenities like race tracks, concerts, pro sporting events, etc.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:06 am

I am kind of with you though, well I'm 50/50. On the one hand, you get amazing weather, beautiful scenery, endless outdoor activities, beach life, good food, chill vibe. Hawaii is definitely the best place I've ever been.

On the other, you get really high COL, you're somewhat 'trapped' in a small place, it's really costly in time/money to visit friends and family on the mainland, you don't have access to amenities like race tracks, concerts, pro sporting events, etc.
Pros outweigh the cons IMO.. I'd Hawaii for lyfe if I had the opportunity.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Hawaii also depends on which island and where… also there are pockets of Hawaii that are literal shit holes and others that are paradise. Highly location dependent. Given that there is CF I’d scope out schooling/pre schooling because there are some rough af schools out there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:43 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:06 am

I probably would as well. I can fly my parents out to stay for a few weeks each year and we have video calls now.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:57 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:43 am

I probably would as well. I can fly my parents out to stay for a few weeks each year and we have video calls now.
:dat: I'd have a spare room or in-law suite. Since were are imagining a bunch of bullshit, I'd make sure to have a heli pad and chopper for those "oh shit moments :lolol:

I imagine we are taking about a rogue tsunami or something.
max225

Current view.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:51 am Hawaii also depends on which island and where… also there are pockets of Hawaii that are literal shit holes and others that are paradise. Highly location dependent. Given that there is CF I’d scope out schooling/pre schooling because there are some rough af schools out there.
Don't raise kids in Hawaii. Hawaii is for dudebro white guys and wealthy white guys who have already made it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:14 pm Image
Current view.
New tars?
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:41 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:14 pm Image
Current view.
New tars?
Yep. Got Yokohomo avid touring tires for it. 570 for all 4 installed, almost as much as 1 tire for the M3 I had that would last 20-25k miles. These lasted for 65k miles … interesting factoid… essentially making them 12x cheaper to run :mindblown: per mile

Old me would have sprung for performance… :butwhy: car is a pos, so ride quality longevity and tire quality are key here. Super happy with them compared to the older Continental DWS A/S performance tires.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:41 pm
New tars?
Yep. Got Yokohomo avid touring tires for it. 570 for all 4 installed, almost as much as 1 tire for the M3 I had that would last 20-25k miles. These lasted for 65k miles … interesting factoid… essentially making them 12x cheaper to run :mindblown: per mile

Old me would have sprung for performance… :butwhy: car is a pos, so ride quality longevity and tire quality are key here. Super happy with them compared to the older Continental DWS A/S performance tires.

Comfort, quiet, and durability are key on this one. :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:51 am Hawaii also depends on which island and where… also there are pockets of Hawaii that are literal shit holes and others that are paradise. Highly location dependent. Given that there is CF I’d scope out schooling/pre schooling because there are some rough af schools out there.
:iono: I've been to Oahu, Kauai, Maui and the Big Island, pretty much all over all of them. There are some shitty houses in places and lots of homeless people in Honolulu, but outside of that, it's pretty much all paradise, IMO. I would definitely retire there if rich enough. It is like the best of CA, FL, and the Caribbean all rolled into one. Kauai even has its own Grand Canyon :mindblown: . I probably would feel sort of weird about being a rich white dude there though, much like other American natives, our 'takeover' kind of sucks for them in many ways.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:02 pm
:iono: I've been to Oahu, Kauai, Maui and the Big Island, pretty much all over all of them. There are some shitty houses in places and lots of homeless people in Honolulu, but outside of that, it's pretty much all paradise, IMO. I would definitely retire there if rich enough. It is like the best of CA, FL, and the Caribbean all rolled into one. Kauai even has its own Grand Canyon :mindblown: . I probably would feel sort of weird about being a rich white dude there though, much like other American natives, our 'takeover' kind of sucks for them in many ways.
There are plenty of “rich” white dudes all over the coast in 5-20 million dollar homes.

Once you venture out you start to see how there are really shitty places all over that look abandoned with yard cars everywhere people without teeth, strange keep out signs, cars on cinder blocks etc.
It’s shockingly bad/poor/druggy in places. And there are many homeless all over Maui and Oahu . Plenty of homeless beach encampments also.

I would venture to say Hawaii’s rift between the “rich” and “poor” is far greater than anywhere else I witnessed in the US. And there are a shit ton of really weird people all over