OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:46 pm What else is good/bad everyone? We've had really strange weather... approaching 30 days of 65-75 during the day and 45-55 at night. This is bizarre AF. No more rain after that biblical storm we had in October... Which made it the wettest on record. Now it didn't rain at all all of november and 10+ days forecast in december calls for no rain again... Meanwhile all of our "weather" is being funneled to Seattle flooding the shit out of the PNW.

I just don't want another tinderbox year again... it would the 4th in a row.
Things are :notbad: here. We are actually experiencing quite similar weather. Not a drop of rain in November, none on the forecast in sight, pretty serious drought conditions. Meanwhile it's December and I'm sitting on my patio with my laptop working. It's 70F. We had a few days of lows in the upper 20s, highs around 50 but it's mostly been pretty sunny and fairly warm/great weather. I'm sure Cale is digging his first NC "winter".

Thanksgiving was pretty chill, :tits: said she didn't want to see her family because there is always major drama/ :bs: . We spent the day with my family which was great, I think the first full gathering since pre-COVID. Then we went to Charleston, SC for the weekend and hung out, which was fun.

I need to blow a bunch of leaves this weekend for like the 10th time this season and clean the gutters, but I really don't hate these activities as much since investing in electric lawn cuck equipment. They're way quieter so I can listen to books or podcasts which makes it pretty much 3.5/7. On the weekend, I'll hit a little devil's lettuce before doing that and it's pretty enjoyable.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Dude yes :lolol:

I'm going to wash both cars tomorrow and maybe go to LKN for lunch. I fully plan on cracking open a beer after work in my garage tonight. I'd love to go golfing again soon too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 pm Dude yes :lolol:

I'm going to wash both cars tomorrow and maybe go to LKN for lunch. I fully plan on cracking open a beer after work in my garage tonight. I'd love to go golfing again soon too.
Where do you dine at LKN? I was never in love with any of the lake front places for food when we lived up there. There used to be this sick bar called the Rusty Rudder on the water but it got closed down.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:26 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 pm Dude yes :lolol:

Where do you dine at LKN? I was never in love with any of the lake front places for food when we lived up there. There used to be this sick bar called the Rusty Rudder on the water but it got closed down.
I went to hello sailor with my mom, and see someone get a big ass chicken sandwich that looked delicious. That's the only place I've been, but I just like being by the lake and hanging out. The staff was full of QTs too.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

If I don't go to the lake, I might try to find the garbage plate food truck. Haven't had one since before I moved down here.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:16 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:46 pm What else is good/bad everyone? We've had really strange weather... approaching 30 days of 65-75 during the day and 45-55 at night. This is bizarre AF. No more rain after that biblical storm we had in October... Which made it the wettest on record. Now it didn't rain at all all of november and 10+ days forecast in december calls for no rain again... Meanwhile all of our "weather" is being funneled to Seattle flooding the shit out of the PNW.

I just don't want another tinderbox year again... it would the 4th in a row.
Things are :notbad: here. We are actually experiencing quite similar weather. Not a drop of rain in November, none on the forecast in sight, pretty serious drought conditions. Meanwhile it's December and I'm sitting on my patio with my laptop working. It's 70F. We had a few days of lows in the upper 20s, highs around 50 but it's mostly been pretty sunny and fairly warm/great weather. I'm sure Cale is digging his first NC "winter".

Thanksgiving was pretty chill, :tits: said she didn't want to see her family because there is always major drama/ :bs: . We spent the day with my family which was great, I think the first full gathering since pre-COVID. Then we went to Charleston, SC for the weekend and hung out, which was fun.

I need to blow a bunch of leaves this weekend for like the 10th time this season and clean the gutters, but I really don't hate these activities as much since investing in electric lawn cuck equipment. They're way quieter so I can listen to books or podcasts which makes it pretty much 3.5/7. On the weekend, I'll hit a little devil's lettuce before doing that and it's pretty enjoyable.
I installed gutter guards. They are quite worth it IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:25 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:45 am

I took a picture of her puppy

That is a freaking disaster waiting to unfold brah. Hot chicks with small white dogs. Something you need to meet at a resort, do some poundtown, and then Run Forrest Run.
Second day in Manhattan, wife books a reservation at Tavern on the Green outside for a late lunch.

We sit down, order drinks, and chilling in the gorgeous air when a couple is sat next to us. The dude is carrying an LV bag that was oddly big...turned out it had 2 small white dogs in it. The guy looked and acted like the definition of "cuck" but the chick was smoking hot, so I kinda got it. My wife strikes up a conversation about the dogs, and low and behold, the chick wasn't THAT bad! She was reasonably intelligent, could hold a decent conversation, and seemed oddly down to earth. Her husband barely spoke, mentioned something about sports that I fake laughed at, but I mostly interacted with the women.

Moral of the story: Don't always judge a book by the cover...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:16 pm

Until you need to clean the gutters...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm
:wat: am I missing ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat: is my fear with them... do they wind up still filling up (albeit more slowly)? I would certainly be willing to pay some money for them if they really work and I didn't have to mess with it. At least we have a one story so it isn't too bad.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:58 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:25 pm

That is a freaking disaster waiting to unfold brah. Hot chicks with small white dogs. Something you need to meet at a resort, do some poundtown, and then Run Forrest Run.
Second day in Manhattan, wife books a reservation at Tavern on the Green outside for a late lunch.

We sit down, order drinks, and chilling in the gorgeous air when a couple is sat next to us. The dude is carrying an LV bag that was oddly big...turned out it had 2 small white dogs in it. The guy looked and acted like the definition of "cuck" but the chick was smoking hot, so I kinda got it. My wife strikes up a conversation about the dogs, and low and behold, the chick wasn't THAT bad! She was reasonably intelligent, could hold a decent conversation, and seemed oddly down to earth. Her husband barely spoke, mentioned something about sports that I fake laughed at, but I mostly interacted with the women.

*Fires up the ol missed connections machine*

Worked out for that dude and Dan.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:01 pm
Small leaves or small pieces of leaves, pine needles, and random dirt get past the screen and builds up in the gutters over time, and will clog the downspouts.

My dad put gutter guards on his house, and there's a section that he has to remove once a year because crap passes by and clogs the downspout. He also has to vacuum out sections in the spring where spring seeds and whatnot build up in the screens and won't let water through, thus making the gutter worthless.

He said he wouldn't do them again. When I had houses with gutters, I bought a long attachment for my leaf blower designed to blow out gutters, and I would just use that once a month to blow the gutters out while standing on the ground. Worked great, didn't take THAT much time, and I never had to deal with bs.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:03 pm
:dat: is my fear with them... do they wind up still filling up (albeit more slowly)? I would certainly be willing to pay some money for them if they really work and I didn't have to mess with it. At least we have a one story so it isn't too bad.
:dat:
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:58 pm

Yep two votes for small white dogs.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:10 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:01 pm

Small leaves or small pieces of leaves, pine needles, and random dirt get past the screen and builds up in the gutters over time, and will clog the downspouts.

My dad put gutter guards on his house, and there's a section that he has to remove once a year because crap passes by and clogs the downspout. He also has to vacuum out sections in the spring where spring seeds and whatnot build up in the screens and won't let water through, thus making the gutter worthless.

He said he wouldn't do them again. When I had houses with gutters, I bought a long attachment for my leaf blower designed to blow out gutters, and I would just use that once a month to blow the gutters out while standing on the ground. Worked great, didn't take THAT much time, and I never had to deal with bs.
I dunno I suppose it depends on the type of trees you got. The mesh is really fine. I don't see how anything will build up and won't be just flushed down the gutter (fine stuff that does end up going through).

They are working great so far for me. :iono: Also

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gutter-Guar ... /300276095

98% recommended rating with 8076 reviews is clearly :wrong:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:17 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:06 pm

Yep two votes for small white dogs.
I'll take just about any type of pet at this point :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:10 pm

I dunno I suppose it depends on the type of trees you got. The mesh is really fine. I don't see how anything will build up and won't be just flushed down the gutter (fine stuff that does end up going through).

Oh shit, that's different from what he has...it's a much larger mesh like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectra-Met ... /305062728

That also has great reviews, which I've determined are mostly worthless these days...these things suck.

I haven't seen what you have before. :notbad:
max225

Yea I can totally see the larger mesh letting stuff through. The others came recommended through my contractor buddy who installed a few and said they seem to be holding up quite great.

I installed them around the front 70 feet of the house that is under 3 big Oak trees... the back I left alone... but I hate having to climb a 12' ladder to clean shit out even though it mostly gets blown from the other side of the house so I may install them there as well...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:23 pm Yea I can totally see the larger mesh letting stuff through. The others came recommended through my contractor buddy who installed a few and said they seem to be holding up quite great.

I installed them around the front 70 feet of the house that is under 3 big Oak trees... the back I left alone... but I hate having to climb a 12' ladder to clean shit out even though it mostly gets blown from the other side of the house so I may install them there as well...
I despise ladders, and especially getting on them to clean gutters out. :nope:

Any issues with heavy rain where water shoots off the guard instead of going into the gutter? I had a contractor claim that as an issue for the more solid type guards:

max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:30 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:23 pm Yea I can totally see the larger mesh letting stuff through. The others came recommended through my contractor buddy who installed a few and said they seem to be holding up quite great.

Any issues with heavy rain where water shoots off the guard instead of going into the gutter? I had a contractor claim that as an issue for the more solid type guards:

No issues yet... we had the heaviest rain in 100 years here ... but it wasn't texas level tsunamis that happen every month it seems.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:41 pm

No issues yet... we had the heaviest rain in 100 years here ... but it wasn't texas level tsunamis that happen every month it seems.
Heavy rain is heavy rain. :notbad:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:21 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:17 pm

Oh shit, that's different from what he has...it's a much larger mesh like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectra-Met ... /305062728

That also has great reviews, which I've determined are mostly worthless these days...these things suck.

I haven't seen what you have before. :notbad:
I'm in year 2 with these things. So far so good. We'll see in the coming years. :doomed:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh

Does it really matter as long as the gutter funnels enough water away from your house that it doesn't :fuckshitup:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Busy day today. :baby: had a Christmas singing performance thing at her daycare so we went. They recited twinkle twinkle little star and she waved her star all over the place :lol:

Then at work our CEO, COO and a few other high ups from HQ came by to have lunch with all the managers at our site since they were in town for a fundraising gala. Was good facetime especially when CEO and COO (who is also my EVP) know me on a first name basis.

After that, took kiddo to the park while :tits: finished some work and ran some errands. Met a family there with a daughter around 1-2 months older than our little one and we networked a bit.

Tomorrow is payday with bonus attached, so :fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:41 pm Busy day today. :baby: had a Christmas singing performance thing at her daycare so we went. They recited twinkle twinkle little star and she waved her star all over the place :lol:

Then at work our CEO, COO and a few other high ups from HQ came by to have lunch with all the managers at our site since they were in town for a fundraising gala. Was good facetime especially when CEO and COO (who is also my EVP) know me on a first name basis.

After that, took kiddo to the park while :tits: finished some work and ran some errands. Met a family there with a daughter around 1-2 months older than our little one and we networked a bit.

Tomorrow is payday with bonus attached, so :fuckyeah:
All sounds good.