OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:24 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 am Damn.. apparently Amazon had AirPod Pros on sale for $160 yesterday. Been wanting to grab a pair; I would have jumped on that deal if I'd seen it. Sold out now :(
Walmart has them. Link sent via text.

If anyone else is interested: https://www.walmart.com/ip/AirPods-Pro/975690481
Thanks Brotha. I'd seen that, but at first they were only offering them at that price if you were a Walmart+ subscriber. Cool that it's open to the public now. Ordered, and they'll be here on Friday. Stoked. There are a few machines at the gym that are awkward with my big over-ear headphones, so it'll be nice to wear these on the days I do those lifts. Also for little walks around the neighborhood and stuff like that where I don't want to pull out the big guys.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:55 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:21 am

Yeah I think they'd both appreciate that, so I'll run it by my boss today. Don't see him having any issues with it.

Was actually a busy weekend for me. Friday night Michelle and I went to a comedy show. I may have mentioned the last time we did this, but it's a company called Don't Tell Comedy, they post up tickets in your city and you buy them without knowing who any of the performers are or where it's going to be, just the date. Then the day of, they send an email to everyone who has a ticket with the time and location. This one was really close to our place which was nice. Two of the comics were the same as the last time we went, but the other three were new to us, and all five were funny.

Saturday I went up to Anaheim with a buddy from the gym, his wife, and one of their friends for a concert at the House of Blues. They had an extra ticket since someone else couldn't go, so I got a free ticket. Had heard of the two opener bands, Can't Swim and The Plot In You, but never listened to them before. Didn't care for Can't Swim, but TPIY was good and I'll probably start listening to their music. Headliner was one of my early 00's screamo bands that's still going strong. The tour was originally supposed to happen last year as their 20th anniversary, but Covid. Because of the anniversary, they're doing basically three full sets. Started out playing 6-7 songs spanning all their albums, then did a 3 or 4 song acoustic set, then finished by playing one of their albums all the way through. Was fun, but god damn it was a long show, plus the long drive home after.. didn't get home until 1am yesterday.

Yesterday was chill, took a few naps to make up for the lack of sleep that night, then lifted and took care of chores around the house. Then we had our weekly cheat meal.. ordered from this place called Mr. Beast Burger. Pretty good. Not sure of their origins, but they're operating ghost kitchens now, so we picked the food up from the Buca di Beppo's :lol: Burgers were tasty, decent, mostly plain smash patties. Meat could have been seasoned a little better, but I just threw some salt at them and they were fine. Had two different double cheese burgers, a chicken sandwich (kinda dry, will try the Nashville hot version next time if we go again to get some moisture in there from the sauce), and two grilled cheese sandwiches :fatty:

You and single L Michele get into anything exciting?
Our weekend was lame. We went out to a dinner with neighbor friends on Friday, then ended up at their house after and had too much wine since we could just stumble home. These days, too much wine ruins the next day for us, so we pretty much just hung out Saturday and rested. Sunday we took a drive to a town opposite from us on our bay to hike, but then it started to mist/rain so we just took the drive instead. I worked on the house the rest of the day, clearing leaves outside, putting away patio furniture for winter, and replacing some 40 year old light switches that were pretty sketchy.

Looking forward to being off Thursday and Friday. I need some reset time.
Not going to lie, this has kind of killed the desire to get overly :drunk: for me. Losing an entire weekend day is :disappoint: when that is really all I have to look forward to :lolol:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:00 pm
Our weekend was lame. We went out to a dinner with neighbor friends on Friday, then ended up at their house after and had too much wine since we could just stumble home. These days, too much wine ruins the next day for us, so we pretty much just hung out Saturday and rested. Sunday we took a drive to a town opposite from us on our bay to hike, but then it started to mist/rain so we just took the drive instead. I worked on the house the rest of the day, clearing leaves outside, putting away patio furniture for winter, and replacing some 40 year old light switches that were pretty sketchy.

Not going to lie, this has kind of killed the desire to get overly :drunk: for me. Losing an entire weekend day is :disappoint: when that is really all I have to look forward to :lolol:
I've never been a big drinker, but would have a glass of wine here and there with Michelle since it made her happy... Luckily over the summer she decided that she's done drinking, so now that obligation is gone. If me and all my IRL bros got together for a trip or something I'd probably have a beer, but outside of that I likely won't ever drink again.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notwrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:34 am My buddy scored a ps5 at Wally World 😳
We have two at the house. Both came from Costco. If your buddy plans on keeping it, I highly suggest not buying all the white extra shit like controllers and chargers etc. My buddy bought black PS5 outer plates on Amazon for $40, and they look amazing, then he was able to get black controllers which don't show dirt like the white ones.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Same, we don't make a habit of it, but sometimes it just...happens. Neighbor kept pouring wine and before we knew it :drunk:

It's a once a month thing at most these days, so :aintcare: overall. Can manage fine.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:41 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:34 am My buddy scored a ps5 at Wally World 😳
We have two at the house. Both came from Costco. If your buddy plans on keeping it, I highly suggest not buying all the white extra shit like controllers and chargers etc. My buddy bought black PS5 outer plates on Amazon for $40, and they look amazing, then he was able to get black controllers which don't show dirt like the white ones.
Are they hard to get? Our Costco has a bunch.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:42 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:41 pm

You can still make money ebay-ing them. They are still mostly sold out everywhere in the country. The new Xbutt too
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 pm
You can still make money ebay-ing them. They are still mostly sold out everywhere in the country. The new Xbutt too
I don't believe in hoarding, especially something like this where kids are probably really hopeful to get one for the holidays, but they had so many the other day that I just assumed supply wasn't an issue anymore. I guess Costco in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of olds has more inventory of tech things than most others. Sonos products are the same. Sold out everywhere except our Costco.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Same, we don't make a habit of it, but sometimes it just...happens. Neighbor kept pouring wine and before we knew it :drunk:

It's a once a month thing at most these days, so :aintcare: overall. Can manage fine.
:dat:

I am not quite where :sawce: is, but I have gotten better at self control. Honestly the giving up booze for 5-6 weeks thing sort of made me realize I don't really love getting super drunk, a nice buzz is cool and if I cut it off there, I usually feel pretty OK the following day. Not 100% because alcohol always makes me sleep worse (even one drink), but good enough if it's like a once a week thing.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:54 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 pm

I don't believe in hoarding, especially something like this where kids are probably really hopeful to get one for the holidays, but they had so many the other day that I just assumed supply wasn't an issue anymore. I guess Costco in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of olds has more inventory of tech things than most others. Sonos products are the same. Sold out everywhere except our Costco.
I got mine from MrH on here who got it at his Costco. Up in NY where I lived there was never any physical supply.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:58 pm

I am not quite where :sawce: is, but I have gotten better at self control. Honestly the giving up booze for 5-6 weeks thing sort of made me realize I don't really love getting super drunk, a nice buzz is cool and if I cut it off there, I usually feel pretty OK the following day. Not 100% because alcohol always makes me sleep worse (even one drink), but good enough if it's like a once a week thing.
This is the sweet spot for booze/substance usage IMO. Use it because you enjoy it and can do so with control, not because you "need" it. That's my logic behind being open to a drink with the boys, the environment/atmosphere makes it enjoyable where normally booze just isn't something I enjoy.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:32 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:58 pm

This is the sweet spot for booze/substance usage IMO. Use it because you enjoy it and can do so with control, not because you "need" it. That's my logic behind being open to a drink with the boys, the environment/atmosphere makes it enjoyable where normally booze just isn't something I enjoy.
This is the way. I drink only when a drink sounds good and lately it's just one, two tops if a bottle of wine is opened. It happens rather frequently, but I'm rarely drunk anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Had an EKG today. Here's hoping everything is normal on the heart health side. :sweaty:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dope! I got approval for a variable at 1.15% on the cottage. That should mitigate the rate hikes and still keep me under or near the fixed rate deals of 2.6/2.7%
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

All you guise working hard?
wap

Happy Thanksgiving fellow barbarians!

Tar, good luck on your EKG. Let us know the results. They should come pretty quickly.

And :nice: on your loan rate.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:38 pm Happy Thanksgiving fellow barbarians!

Tar, good luck on your EKG. Let us know the results. They should come pretty quickly.

And :nice: on your loan rate.
Happy Thanksgiving mi amigos, hope it's a great day for y'all!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Finally heading for the tg dinner, eta from :crang: neck of the woods to the dinner in LI, 50 mins. Should be fun

Happy tg y'all
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Happy TG y'all. I have the house to myself. I was going to go to pubs and get some turkey cold cuts and gravy, to do a hot sandwich but I said fuck it and sat on the couch all day instead.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:47 pm Happy TG y'all. I have the house to myself. I was going to go to pubs and get some turkey cold cuts and gravy, to do a hot sandwich but I said fuck it and sat on the couch all day instead.
Are you the guy with the hot blonde roommate?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:49 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:47 pm Happy TG y'all. I have the house to myself. I was going to go to pubs and get some turkey cold cuts and gravy, to do a hot sandwich but I said fuck it and sat on the couch all day instead.
Are you the guy with the hot blonde roommate?
Should've been. She ghosted after being approved. Too nervous to catch feelings with her new roommate probably.

:foreveralone:
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 am Had an EKG today. Here's hoping everything is normal on the heart health side. :sweaty:
I need to do this and get one of those calcium scores to check my arteries and make sure I haven’t fucked my shit up too badly with the gear usage over the years.

I’ve been making health a bigger priority this past year and trying to balance that with the bodybuilding, so hopefully it’s had a positive impact.
wap

So you spent the whole day alone? :(
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:54 pm
So you spent the whole day alone? :(
Yes, but I did spend a week in CA with my brother so it's ok