Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:31 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:19 am Still need to put a hitch on my car. Rack looks good. Can you lock the bike to it?
It comes with a lock to secure the rack to your car, to lock the bike, you would just have to use a cable lock around the bike/rack.
They do also sell keyed-alike locks for the rack to secure the bikes through the wheels.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:31 am

It comes with a lock to secure the rack to your car, to lock the bike, you would just have to use a cable lock around the bike/rack.
They do also sell keyed-alike locks for the rack to secure the bikes through the wheels.
:ohdang: I should’ve ordered those with it. I don’t really see leaving it on there much though, just feels like asking for it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:48 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:49 am Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FANTASTIC pic, :mahman:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Car looks great and so does the bike.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:03 pm Car looks great and so does the bike.
Thanks :bruh: Having fun with both. Sadly it’s been wicked cold so I’ve been dabbling in Pelotoobing.

The 30 minute HIIT with Matt Wilpers was quite :sweaty: last night.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:49 am Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:dat:

Seriously beautiful shot. Oh what I'd give to have scenery like that in riding distance.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:31 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:03 pm Car looks great and so does the bike.
Thanks :bruh: Having fun with both. Sadly it’s been wicked cold so I’ve been dabbling in Pelotoobing.

The 30 minute HIIT with Matt Wilpers was quite :sweaty: last night.
We're going to have nice weather through Thursday - highs in the low 60s and clear - then it's all going to shit. Hoping to squeeze in an outdoor ride or two, then I'll probably be exclusively Pelotoning until spring. Blah. The Power Zone Pack programming is nice, though. I feel like I'm already starting to see some improvements from spending more time in Zones 4-6, instead of just spinning away in Z2-Z3 like in that first program I did. 2 minute efforts at 250-260 watts felt surprisingly easy this morning. One more week of training and then it's FTP test time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Seriously beautiful shot. Oh what I'd give to have scenery like that in riding distance.
Well it’s driving distance to be fair, but this is a pretty nice part of the world, I can’t complain.

I wish my Povoton setup had power output, last night’s ride had some all out efforts and I think the powah was likely decent, I was spinning 120 at 90 resistance on the peak intervals.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:23 pm
coogles wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Well it’s driving distance to be fair, but this is a pretty nice part of the world, I can’t complain.

I wish my Povoton setup had power output, last night’s ride had some all out efforts and I think the powah was likely decent, I was spinning 120 at 90 resistance on the peak intervals.
Training with a power meter feels like one of thing that once you have it, it's hard to go without it. I seriously miss having one when I'm out on the Emonda.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:28 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:23 pm

Training with a power meter feels like one of thing that once you have it, it's hard to go without it. I seriously miss having one when I'm out on the Emonda.
:word:

It is sort of something I'm scared to try for that reason. I see some of the people I ride with so focused on data that it kinda takes the fun out of it. :notsure: that is worth it to me. That said, having it inside would be nice, as the Pelot00bz are 100% just burning calories and trying to get faster.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Well that was spicy.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:16 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:05 am Well that was spicy.
:impressive:
Ha thanks, but you averaged 323 watts on your last ride. What I did ain't shit.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:36 pm Otherwise, I'm waiting on the saddle, bar tape, and bottle cages to arrive; I went a little out of the box for those. Also ordered a custom stem cap to tie it all together. Then I just need a fit, and it's new bike time. :megusta:
:excited:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man, I went out on the MTB to do some trails this AM and just felt like :poop:

I think I am on too big a calorie deficit this week or maybe my sleep has suffered or something. I just felt like my powah and focus were way off the mark. It was still nice to be outside in the woods :doe: , 5/7.

Pretty stoked for [user not found]'s NBD. Will you be selling the CAAD?
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Still kind of want that Ripley AF. Price is reasonable, capability is close to what I want. Still haven't bought a new helmet, no time to go check any out. I've ridden once in the last 2 weeks.

Buy a bike that I'll never ride doesn't sound like a great move.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:49 am Still kind of want that Ripley AF. Price is reasonable, capability is close to what I want. Still haven't bought a new helmet, no time to go check any out. I've ridden once in the last 2 weeks.

It isn't. See: Emonda.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:49 am Still kind of want that Ripley AF. Price is reasonable, capability is close to what I want. Still haven't bought a new helmet, no time to go check any out. I've ridden once in the last 2 weeks.

It isn't. See: Emonda.
Hopefully we buy a house next year. That will dictate a lot of what I do bicycle wise.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah:

What is the length of that stem? :dedong:
Johnny_P

Pretty long reach on that bike. Otherwise it’s near identical to my R3, down to the square tubes and asymmetrical BB / chain stays. That bike was a ripper and I’m sure this is better being 10 years newer.

This gonna be a race machine or just a nice bike to ride?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Looks bitchin. What are thru axles?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:31 pm Looks bitchin. What are thru axles?
Pretty much just what they sound like. You're probably used to quick release wheels on bikes - they have a skewer to tighten the wheel onto the dropouts, the wheel rests on the dropouts on little nubs (not sure the technical term :lolol: ). Through axles are an axle bolt that goes through the center of the hub.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:31 pm Looks bitchin. What are thru axles?
Pretty much just what they sound like. You're probably used to quick release wheels on bikes - they have a skewer to tighten the wheel onto the dropouts, the wheel rests on the dropouts on little nubs (not sure the technical term :lolol: ). Through axles are an axle bolt that goes through the center of the hub.
OK. How does that make for a better handling bike?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:57 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 am

OK. How does that make for a better handling bike?
:iono: if I could really tell the difference honestly, but it stiffens the connection between the frame and the wheels I guess.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:08 am

:iono: if I could really tell the difference honestly, but it stiffens the connection between the frame and the wheels I guess.
Bigger axle tubes are stiffer and deflect less, bigger bearings, more secure connection as well (captured all the way around).

No real downsides other than it's not quite as quick to remove the wheel as with a quick release with most TA setups. But it's definitely more theft-proof to the casual street urchin.
Yep, I'm not sure if I can tell a difference in rigidity/handling or not - I have a modern carboner bike with thru axles which is hugely more stiff than my old steel bike with QR skewers, but there are a lot of factors at play there. I would be curious to try them back to back on similar bikes.

That said, I actually prefer the thru axles from a usability standpoint as it's just easier to always have the wheels aligned 100% perfectly without any fuss. I always have the multi tool in my saddle bag anyway so I can remove them easily enough.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:47 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Yep, I'm not sure if I can tell a difference in rigidity/handling or not - I have a modern carboner bike with thru axles which is hugely more stiff than my old steel bike with QR skewers, but there are a lot of factors at play there. I would be curious to try them back to back on similar bikes.

That said, I actually prefer the thru axles from a usability standpoint as it's just easier to always have the wheels aligned 100% perfectly without any fuss. I always have the multi tool in my saddle bag anyway so I can remove them easily enough.
Having ridden my CAAD (carbon fork w/aluminum frame and QR) and the Sacklist (carbon fork w/steel frame and TA) back to back, it's apparent, even with gravel tires and wheels on the Sacklist. The front end just tracks so much more confidently and responds to steering quicker.

My buddy I was riding with introduced me to these yesterday, which are pretty rad:

Those are indeed dece. If I ever need to replace my axles for some reason, I will probably grab those.

I finished up the Raleigh build this weekend, wanted to get out for a ride this morning but it's raining... meh. If it dries out this afternoon, I'll likely try to get a quickie in.