OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:08 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:02 pm

What color is it? oo interesting it is the big boy TYPE R engine.
Im getting the blackk! And yes it is! It has the smaller turbo compared to the hype R (the main difference), kinda like the GTI's TSI vs R's.
0-60 in 5.5 seconds, and can take 87. Just as spacious as the older 7 series. I'm 6' 0", sat behind myself and I literally have 6 inches of legroom.
Ah the middle eastern spec! These cars are in fact huge. Even in the Civic I can sit behind myself accord is just plain cavernous!.

I really like these in this color!

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:23 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:11 pm Yep, we have the middle sized/spec screen in our Jeep (7" I guess) and it works perfectly. The only thing I don't like all that much is that I find having a screen like that distracting at night and it makes me fatigue faster. It's not bad with the brightness turned way down though. It is certainly at least 10X better than any VW thing from 10 years ago IMO.
I'll have to sit in another JT or JL and play with one to see what they're supposed to be like.

The truck itself was cool, even being the Sport model. Little more wind noise with the soft top than I remember there being in my hard top JKU, but it wasn't bad even when we drove all the way across and around the Big Island.
They're fun. I still sometimes wish I had kept my Orange one. Favorite vehicle yet.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:52 am

I'll have to sit in another JT or JL and play with one to see what they're supposed to be like.

The truck itself was cool, even being the Sport model. Little more wind noise with the soft top than I remember there being in my hard top JKU, but it wasn't bad even when we drove all the way across and around the Big Island.
They're fun. I still sometimes wish I had kept my Orange one. Favorite vehicle yet.
:howdareyou: :howdareyou: :howdareyou: :howdareyou:
:howdareyou: :poorvette: :howdareyou:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

I really wish the Jimny was sold here. That could definitely scratch the Jeep itch for much, much cheaper. It'd be fun to have around as a 3rd or 4th car.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:29 am
I honestly haven't missed the thing since I sold it. It's weird. I regretted selling my 944 Turbo the same day, same with my e30, and even Ol Blue (still do on those quite a bit). But the :poorvette: has been :ohwell: for some reason. Odd because that's the car I put the most work into by far and it was the fastest thing I'll probably ever own. Meh.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

MrH42 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:45 am
I really wish the Jimny was sold here. That could definitely scratch the Jeep itch for much, much cheaper. It'd be fun to have around as a 3rd or 4th car.
I'd pick one up tomorrow as a 2nd vehicle to cruise around town in and wheel.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:49 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:29 am

I honestly haven't missed the thing since I sold it. It's weird. I regretted selling my 944 Turbo the same day, same with my e30, and even Ol Blue (still do on those quite a bit). But the :poorvette: has been :ohwell: for some reason. Odd because that's the car I put the most work into by far and it was the fastest thing I'll probably ever own. Meh.
Maybe too fast. I think suspension, brakes, wheels/tires, 4.10s, and a few small things like cooling are really the sweet spot for them. Or perhaps you're just more of a Euro car guy.

I do miss mine quite a bit but don't really miss things breaking all of the time.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:10 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:49 am
Maybe too fast. I think suspension, brakes, wheels/tires, 4.10s, and a few small things like cooling are really the sweet spot for them. Or perhaps you're just more of a Euro car guy.

I do miss mine quite a bit but don't really miss things breaking all of the time.
Yea, I think I am more of a Euro guy. I grew up around these Murican things and frankly they're just meh to me now. Add in the stigma of vette ownershit, the shitty interior, and it's just not that great. Agreed that a stock engine with suspension, tires, and 4.10's is all these need.

But for some reason, I just loved my older euro cars and have the fondest memories of them. They're a bit quirky but not over the top, fun to drive, solid build quality, fast but not outrageous. Now that I'm not professionally affiliated with any OEM and live in an area that doesn't care either, I really want another euro fun thing. But so does everyone else these days it seems.
max225

Is it really that cheap ? They are around 27-32 usd equivalent.

You can get a great 2 door jeep and or bronco for the money. Arguably either one is a far better US spec vehicle imo.

100hp in a tiny box will get old fast especially when you have to drive on the freeway
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:45 am

You can get a great 2 door jeep and or bronco for the money. Arguably either one is a far better US spec vehicle imo.

100hp in a tiny box will get old fast especially when you have to drive on the freeway
:dat:

The Jimny is cool but it would have to be like $18-20K to really be all that compelling. They are extremely basic and look like a 90s Japanese econo car inside. I don't think that's a bad thing, but for $30K I would get a two door, soft top, manual Jeep brand new, that would actually be my preferred Jeep spec. Manual windows and everything, a fun color, V6 with stick shift and some crazy short gearing if possible. It would be rather :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:21 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:10 am

Yea, I think I am more of a Euro guy. I grew up around these Murican things and frankly they're just meh to me now. Add in the stigma of vette ownershit, the shitty interior, and it's just not that great. Agreed that a stock engine with suspension, tires, and 4.10's is all these need.

But for some reason, I just loved my older euro cars and have the fondest memories of them. They're a bit quirky but not over the top, fun to drive, solid build quality, fast but not outrageous. Now that I'm not professionally affiliated with any OEM and live in an area that doesn't care either, I really want another euro fun thing. But so does everyone else these days it seems.
See, I haven't driven as much Euro stuff, but for me it often feels a bit too clinical. That said, the Cayman and Elise were both :muah:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:50 am
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:45 am

The Jimny is cool but it would have to be like $18-20K to really be all that compelling. They are extremely basic and look like a 90s Japanese econo car inside. I don't think that's a bad thing, but for $30K I would get a two door, soft top, manual Jeep brand new, that would actually be my preferred Jeep spec. Manual windows and everything, a fun color, V6 with stick shift and some crazy short gearing if possible. It would be rather :lolol:
I don't think you can actually buy Jeeps or Broncos that cheap anymore?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:51 am

Wrangler starts at $29K. Bronco it would all be :fakenews: I can't imagine you could possibly get one for sub $60K at the moment.
max225

Well we’re talking a comparable spec, not some wrangler 392 for 70k. Jimny is essentially a bare bones wrangler for 29,995 or bronco around the same amount. And jeep let’s you special order and still gives discounts. Bronco is another story but that supply sitch will likely ease in 6 months.

Obviously it’s a hypothetical situation as jimny isn’t sold here.

My main issue with it is power, you can’t possibly enjoy having to sit at 4500rpm on the freeway to get where you need to go
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Or this puppy for 95 THOUSAND DOLLHAIRS FOR A WRANGLER!!

https://www.lakenormanchrysler.com/new/ ... f4aa38.htm

Crazy, we got $5K off MSRP on our :jeep: at this :dillerman: i May 2020 and they had over 100 Wranglers on the lot, they now have 10, of which three are over $90K!
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:55 am
Well we’re talking a comparable spec, not some wrangler 392 for 70k. Jimny is essentially a bare bones wrangler for 29,995 or bronco around the same amount. And jeep let’s you special order and still gives discounts. Bronco is another story but that supply sitch will likely ease in 6 months.

Obviously it’s a hypothetical situation as jimny isn’t sold here.

My main issue with it is power, you can’t possibly enjoy having to sit at 4500rpm on the freeway to get where you need to go
I would NEVER drive such a thing on the freeway, but I'm a unique case.

I'd like to test drive a Bronco at some point.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:51 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:21 am

See, I haven't driven as much Euro stuff, but for me it often feels a bit too clinical. That said, the Cayman and Elise were both :muah:
Euro stuff after the early 00's indeed got more clinical. But 80's to 90's euro stuff is quite interesting IMO.

Cayman :megusta: I still really want a 911.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:57 am Or this puppy for 95 THOUSAND DOLLHAIRS FOR A WRANGLER!!

Crazy, we got $5K off MSRP on our :jeep: at this :dillerman: i May 2020 and they had over 100 Wranglers on the lot, they now have 10, of which three are over $90K!
Well, those are pretty unique special units with a unique special $10k markup to go with it. :disgust:

We'll get back to the days of 100 on the lot, it'll just take some time.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:57 am Or this puppy for 95 THOUSAND DOLLHAIRS FOR A WRANGLER!!

Well, those are pretty unique special units with a unique special $10k markup to go with it. :disgust:

We'll get back to the days of 100 on the lot, it'll just take some time.
Yep, based on everything I’m seeing and including the latest Ford conference call, the tides are about to turn. Which is why I’m trying to unload my Tacoma.

Now obviously they won’t be giving anything away. But marking up jeeps and Subarus is just :fullretard:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My Beep Beepbuild if I was a single dude... $33K.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:30 pm Image

And usually you can get them at invoice even now... (special orders)
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:30 pm Image

I'd like a 2 door jeep. Maybe one day. Wanted to buy one a few years ago.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Hi everyone. Kid is 15 months old today. He's a total riot and a ton of fun. We ran all the bases at the softball field tonight, then went on a halloween decoration hunt in the neighborhood and found some good spooky light shows and inflatables. Tonight was my solo night, and he had a hard one. He got shots today, and they must have been messing with him because he was non stop screaming for 15 mins after dinner for no discernible reason. Poor kid, I couldn't calm him down despite all my efforts.

We are debating having another but I can't jump on board yet. Clock is ticking, it's gotta happen soon-ish.

Looking for a new house too. Hopefully we can leave the Philly shit show soon.

How's everyone been?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:23 pm Hi everyone. Kid is 15 months old today. He's a total riot and a ton of fun. We ran all the bases at the softball field tonight, then went on a halloween decoration hunt in the neighborhood and found some good spooky light shows and inflatables. Tonight was my solo night, and he had a hard one. He got shots today, and they must have been messing with him because he was non stop screaming for 15 mins after dinner for no discernible reason. Poor kid, I couldn't calm him down despite all my efforts.

We are debating having another but I can't jump on board yet. Clock is ticking, it's gotta happen soon-ish.

How's everyone been?
:hai: Johnny
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:23 pm Hi everyone. Kid is 15 months old today. He's a total riot and a ton of fun. We ran all the bases at the softball field tonight, then went on a halloween decoration hunt in the neighborhood and found some good spooky light shows and inflatables. Tonight was my solo night, and he had a hard one. He got shots today, and they must have been messing with him because he was non stop screaming for 15 mins after dinner for no discernible reason. Poor kid, I couldn't calm him down despite all my efforts.

How's everyone been?
:hai:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...