Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I should check out more MTB channels. GMBN is OK but I'm sure there's better stuff out there. That said, I haven't had much time for the Toobz of You lately :sad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well, I do have a few small updates. I tried those Fizik shoes :mahtroy: has, they hurt my feet a lot. I wound up returning them and getting some Shimano shoes, basically the raciest standard SBD shoe, the RX8 :dorito: So far they are fantastic, however since I started messing with new shoes/cleats, I've experienced a lot of knee issues/discomfort. This has been an ongoing slight issue, but it's been far worse since I started 'experimenting' a bit. All of that said, I think I finally found an OK cleat position after much movement and video watching. I'm still getting discomfort hear and there though, and I feel like I can't put out max power at the moment for risk of hurting it.

Because of all this, I have scheduled a :waxer: :fancy: Retul bike fit this Saturday. I have been told by some 'it's not worth the $300, they won't tell you anything you don't already know, etc' but I'm willing to gamble that amount of money a bit to make sure I don't end up hurting myself. I know I will be livid if I end up spending months off the bike with an injury. Also, physical therapy or other medical things down the line would be way more money.

I've also started working on my Raleigh build, the bike is currently torn all the way down to the frame. I need to clean it up really nicely and start reassembly, there are a few more parts to order.

In the MTB world, I've hit a good amount of trail miles recently, I really love MTB this time of year. I will reiterate that going clipless fucking rules, otherwise, nothing really new there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Raleigh build is going well!

The bike is all broken down, thoroughly cleaned, waxed. I serviced the headset, stretched the rear drop outs, and the rest is yet to come.

I have on hand:
Claris brifters, rear derailleur, 11-34 cassette, KMC chain - $150
Brand new Shimano 700C wheel set (I believe Tiagra level (buddy also threw in fenders) - $100
Brooks saddle-$100
Shimano SPD/flat double sided pedals - $80

Going to reuse the bars, seat post (replaced in 2020), serviced headsets

On the way:
SRAM GXP BB and 50T narrow wide single chain ring crankset - $165
Brake/shifter cables -$30
Tektro long reach calipers- $85

This thing is certainly costing more than it’s worth :lolol: but I’m stoked!

I need to get some :225: , curious if anyone has recommendations? I’m torn between commuter style like Gatorskin, fast road tires, or low rolling resistance gravel tires. The main use will be riding all over the city, to my office, two breweries, to the gym, errands where I can fit stuff in my saddle bag. There are a lot of gravel greenways Throughout Charlotte which makes me kind of tempted to go with a light duty gravel tire, it would also allow me to dabble in gravel group rides around here that are primarily just on dirt roads, nothing I need anything extreme for.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I may rename it the Raleigh Sramano…
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I took my trek mallcrawler mtb for couple of services and tires, bought a pump cause my last one took a shit. Went to the shop close to home where there was a dude who seemed kinda stoned, he pumped the tyres no extra charge (as it should within experience), he over pump the shit out of my rear tire to the point where he created a bubble and I can't get the tire moving thru frame. Luckily with the :alpo: decision to buy the pump, I deflate then inflated it again to the way it should be.

While I was there, this blue marin caught my eye.

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:02 am Raleigh build is going well!

The bike is all broken down, thoroughly cleaned, waxed. I serviced the headset, stretched the rear drop outs, and the rest is yet to come.

I have on hand:
Brand new Shimano 700C wheel set (I believe Tiagra level (buddy also threw in fenders) - $100
Brooks saddle-$100

On the way:

I need to get some :225: , curious if anyone has recommendations? I’m torn between commuter style like Gatorskin, fast road tires, or low rolling resistance gravel tires. The main use will be riding all over the city, to my office, two breweries, to the gym, errands where I can fit stuff in my saddle bag. There are a lot of gravel greenways Throughout Charlotte which makes me kind of tempted to go with a light duty gravel tire, it would also allow me to dabble in gravel group rides around here that are primarily just on dirt roads, nothing I need anything extreme for.
Bigger tires are fun. If they’re not tubeless I wouldn’t expect to do much more than canal path type packed gravel / cinders. So in that case maybe a file tread like [user not found] mentioned.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:02 am Raleigh build is going well!

I have on hand:
Brooks saddle-$100

On the way:

Bigger tires are fun. If they’re not tubeless I wouldn’t expect to do much more than canal path type packed gravel / cinders. So in that case maybe a file tread like [user not found] mentioned.
Anyone used the Panaracers? https://www.backcountry.com/panaracer-g ... MIQAvD_BwE

This seems like a :dill:

Any reason I couldn't just run tubes in the tubeless :225: I got a great :dill: on these Shimano :ramz: but they're not tubeless ready. (These are the wheels - https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-WH-RS ... 9EQAvD_BwE ).
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:07 pm

Anyone used the Panaracers? https://www.backcountry.com/panaracer-g ... MIQAvD_BwE

This seems like a :dill:

Any reason I couldn't just run tubes in the tubeless :225: I got a great :dill: on these Shimano :ramz: but they're not tubeless ready. (These are the wheels - https://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-WH-RS ... 9EQAvD_BwE ).
You can do that. I’ve had some fitment issues with tubeless tires on non tubeless wheels but might have just been that particular tire / rim combo I had.
Johnny_P

I need a new helmet, preferably one with some more protection than typical road helmets.

I bought a POC Omne Spin helmet which felt amazing on my head but the side straps weren't long enough to come below my ears. So I returned it. Balls. It looked amaze, it was a pale orange and all, loved it. Oh well.

Anyone have reccos on helmets for "gravel" (which is really most peoples mountain biking definition) that aren't ridic priced??? The Lazer Sphere looks dece.

https://lazersport.us/collections/road/ ... 3915046023
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:30 pm I need a new helmet, preferably one with some more protection than typical road helmets.

I bought a POC Omne Spin helmet which felt amazing on my head but the side straps weren't long enough to come below my ears. So I returned it. Balls. It looked amaze, it was a pale orange and all, loved it. Oh well.

Anyone have reccos on helmets for "gravel" (which is really most peoples mountain biking definition) that aren't ridic priced??? The Lazer Sphere looks dece.

https://lazersport.us/collections/road/ ... 3915046023
My POC Spin has been pretty cool, I had that as my only helmet for a while, probably 5-6K miles logged with it and it's comfy over 100+ miles. My road helmet is a free Kask Rapido which kind of has the ear problem you're mentioning for me and I don't run into that with the Spin.

FWIW though, I had a GIRO helmet that's like $60 for years and it worked perfectly, only dumped it because I crashed and hit it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think I have all of the parts ready for the Raleigh, just need to put it together but haven't had time, I've been primarily riding trails the past few weeks as it's gorgeous in the woods right now and a ton of fun.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Should have gotten pics of this new park I tried out Sunday, really fun, flowy single track and an insane jump line with the usual 11 year olds sending it and me being a bitch.

Still fun, the single track is so smooth I may try taking the Raleigh there since I ordered the GravelKings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:ohdang:

:fancy:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'm sure you'll enjoy it dude. Congrats on the new whip!

I've picked up the Pelotoning again and am doing the Power Zone Pack programming. It seems to spend much less time in those lower endurance zones and a heck of a lot more time attacking threshold. Me likey. I'm still gunning for that 250W FTP test, hoping I'll get there by spring.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

This morning's class. :sweaty:

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:26 pm Oh, sweet. I’ll have to check those out.

I did two days of back to back Pelotubing after pretty much 3 weeks off the bike completely, save for one MTB ride. I forgot how much a good spin session makes me feel.
How I feel seems to go in waves. I feel great for a good two hours after the ride that morning, then crash around 10am and feel like death, eat everything I can find around lunchtime and rally to feel great for the rest of the day. I am still not at all used to long cardio sessions.

The Power Zone Pack programming actually isn't a Peloton program, it's a website that plans out the rides and syncs with your Peloton account. pzpack.com :like:

The Challenges section is where you can see what they're programming for each week; overall it's pretty similar to the Build Your Power Zones program, just more intense. Two 45 minute rides, one 60 minute, with an optional 4th endurance or themed/bootcamp class.
Johnny_P

Big sale at Pactimo rn if y'all need some riding clothes
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:22 pm Soooooooo… yeah.

Damn that looks dope. I kind of forgot about Felt as a brand. Breakaway Bikes in the city used to carry them and Scott, then they got bought out by Trek.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

saw a pretty ragged dude riding an S works TT bike in the city today. If youre gonna steal a bike and strap bags to it, maybe a hybrid is better.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:56 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:22 pm Soooooooo… yeah.

Damn that looks dope. I kind of forgot about Felt as a brand. Breakaway Bikes in the city used to carry them and Scott, then they got bought out by Trek.
:dat: That thing is sexy. I'm not surprised the 56 CM works better for [user not found], but his bike sizing is always :mindblown: to me. I am slightly taller but a completely opposite build. Stoked to hopefully see that thing on SKyline Round 2 or something next summer!

I haven't ridden much at all this week... Did a Peloton 45 minute with Alex Toussaint yesterday which was actually kind of fun after not partaking in eight months. It's now kind of cold and I'm considering an Ironman next year, so I will likely be mixing in more running through winter and getting in warmer weather rides/Peloton as well. After all of the shit I've bought for the Raleigh of late, I think I'm kind of tapped out on buying better cold weather kit for now, but we will see.

I did get one last nice fall mountain ride in on Foothills Parkway in TN on Sunday. I was going to do a metric century but was a little bit crunched on time, so I did 47 or so miles and climbed over 6K feet in that (I forgot to start Strava so I don't have the exact numbers).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also bought the 1Up rack as pictured above, it is epic!
Johnny_P

Still need to put a hitch on my car. Rack looks good. Can you lock the bike to it?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:19 am Still need to put a hitch on my car. Rack looks good. Can you lock the bike to it?
It comes with a lock to secure the rack to your car, to lock the bike, you would just have to use a cable lock around the bike/rack.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:49 am Image

FANTASTIC pic, :mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.