OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:08 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:47 am
Saw that fan on the Snaps. It's pretty :neat: . Sounds like a 5/7 weekend. It was beautiful here on Saturday so I did some gardening and took a long walk while listening to an audiobook which was :megusta: . Sunday it got cold and it started raining and didn't stop until yesterday afternoon, but it's still cold. Inevitable, I guess. Didn't do much otherwise. Let's see. Bro and I assembled and installed a new bed for mom. It's about a foot lower than her old one and will be much easier for her to get in and out of when she comes home, which she does today, actually she should have been released about an hour ago. Mrs and bro are there to bring her home, so that's :nice: . Otherwise, we spent time getting ready for our Halloween party this Saturday. We're :excited: to host again after having to cancel last year because of the 'vid. We're doing our best to make it covid safe:
Only fully vaxxed are coming.
Open windows all night, regardless of temp, and ceiling fans going to keep air circulating.
Masks on while mingling.
Masks off while eating.
Instead of all eating together in 1 room like usual, we'll spread everyone out at different tables all throughout the :haus: with individual family groups at their own table.
Food will be catered and will be individually wrapped to minimize anyone from touching anyone else's stuff. We're catering from a local mid-Eastern place and getting chicken shwarma wraps, kefta wraps, etc. :drool:
Appetizers/snacks like chips and salsa will be individualized as much as possible. Example: chips will be in individual baggies and salsa will be served in small, 2 oz cups.
Dessert will be individually wrapped ice cream bars.

Probably went way overboard with the food sitch, but it was :tits: 's idea and she didn't want to be the cause of a super spreader event so :ohwell:
:notbad: That is great that your mom is heading home today! Happy to hear she's doing better.

We are actually hosting a small Halloween party Saturyay as well, fortunately weather here is 5.1/7 right now so it will all be outdoors.
Thanks, mang. She's been so bored at the rehab place so she's really excited to get back home.

I wish we could do it outdoors, or even in the garage, but I just don't trust the weather here to make that happen. However, if the evening is decent and dry, I have the fire pit already loaded up with wood so maybe we can move the party out there after the eating and carving is done. Would be 5/7.

How many people are you having? We're expecting around 24-26.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I want dat Middle Eastern food too :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:08 pm

:notbad: That is great that your mom is heading home today! Happy to hear she's doing better.

We are actually hosting a small Halloween party Saturyay as well, fortunately weather here is 5.1/7 right now so it will all be outdoors.
Thanks, mang. She's been so bored at the rehab place so she's really excited to get back home.

I wish we could do it outdoors, or even in the garage, but I just don't trust the weather here to make that happen. However, if the evening is decent and dry, I have the fire pit already loaded up with wood so maybe we can move the party out there after the eating and carving is done. Would be 5/7.

How many people are you having? We're expecting around 24-26.
Probably half-ish of that. Just some close friends, really, s'mores, costumes, brews, etc. I haven't had alcohol since 9/25 or so, so kind of :excited: for that :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:18 pm
Remind me why owning a fun car makes sense anymore?
It doesn't.

Slow cars that are fun to drive slow make more sense. I'd love something like an Autozam AZ-1, if I fit in the damn thing.

My neighbor has a Honda Beat and it sounds glorious going 15 MPH.
:jimp:

I do want a Beat pretty bad, but it really isn't made for someone of my stature.

I will die on the hill :doe: , I still had a great time driving the C5 just about every time I did.

DFD is just getting a little bit disgruntled with age.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:25 pm I want dat Middle Eastern food too :doe:
This place is pretty good. Not Dearborn, Meatchicken-level good, but legit :notbad: . Usually for this party we cook for everyone so this will be the first year we've catered. Looking forward to it. :excited:
wap

It doesn't.

Slow cars that are fun to drive slow make more sense. I'd love something like an Autozam AZ-1, if I fit in the damn thing.

That looks like a lot of fun. Probably bigger inside and out than my brother's X1/9, which sayin' much! :lolol:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Just had a meatball firehouse sub… :drool: :fatty:

Haven’t had that in a while. Now I want to sleep
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

It doesn't.

these are great even at the "crazy" 30k they are going for, but who can fit into one? I think you'd have to be around 5'6" 130lb tops.
razr390

More COTA stuff:

Video from first lap. We were by Turn 11.

Some pics of the little one having a blast and also a very packed/busy grass area:

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:49 pm

It doesn't.

these are great even at the "crazy" 30k they are going for, but who can fit into one? I think you'd have to be around 5'6" 130lb tops.
I think it all depends on your threshold for comfort... like I DDed and NA Miata and thought :thisisfine: , so by that standard, someone 5'10-6' or so should be OK-ish in a Beat or AZ-1, but if you want it to be super comfy, you better be small.

The trouble is, making it bigger would just defeat the purpose. Cars are really the only thing where being tall is a big :flaccid:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:52 pm More COTA stuff:

Some pics of the little one having a blast and also a very packed/busy grass area:

:bruh: Video is supposed to be shot in landscape mode, yo.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:56 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:49 pm

I think it all depends on your threshold for comfort... like I DDed and NA Miata and thought :thisisfine: , so by that standard, someone 5'10-6' or so should be OK-ish in a Beat or AZ-1, but if you want it to be super comfy, you better be small.

The trouble is, making it bigger would just defeat the purpose. Cars are really the only thing where being tall is a big :flaccid:
I think you have trouble visualizing how SMALL the AZ-1 is.
129.7" long
54.9" wide
45.3" tall

NA miata
155" long
66" wide
48.2" tall

They are about as far apart as a tahoe and a miata. (except height)

razr390

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:52 pm More COTA stuff:

:bruh: Video is supposed to be shot in landscape mode, yo.
I have bunch in landscape but this one was for the IG stories so I didn’t want it to crop.
razr390

Some from qualifying:

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:27 pm

It doesn't.

:jimp:

I do want a Beat pretty bad, but it really isn't made for someone of my stature.

I will die on the hill :doe: , I still had a great time driving the C5 just about every time I did.

DFD is just getting a little bit disgruntled with age.
I dunno if it's age, market conditions, infrastructure conditions, or what. Roads have just been crumbling in the last 20 years since I started driving (at least where I'm driving in MI and CA), traffic has only gotten much worse, and to top it off, now cars are astronomically expensive. Even though I could afford to buy whatever I want, nothing really appeals to me given the current circumstances. A BRZ maybe in a few years if they're ever actually available. My ideal car is still a turbro :manuel: Cucktrek.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:39 pm Just had a meatball firehouse sub… :drool: :fatty:

I've never been to a firehouse subs. Have heard excellent things :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 pm

I think you have trouble visualizing how SMALL the AZ-1 is.
129.7" long
54.9" wide
45.3" tall

NA miata
155" long
66" wide
48.2" tall

They are about as far apart as a tahoe and a miata. (except height)

Just looked it up. X1/9:
150.8" long
61.8" wide
46.4" high

So it fits between the AZ-1 and NA Miata. Damn, that Kai car thing is really :jalepenis: ! :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:24 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:39 pm Just had a meatball firehouse sub… :drool: :fatty:

I've never been to a firehouse subs. Have heard excellent things :doe:
They are good.

They also put in a PO with me for speakers for a bunch of locations on Friday.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:10 pm Some from qualifying:

:mahman: :fuckyeah:

It's funny... I don't really watch racing and I'm just used to seeing my own videos/live cars at HPDE, NASA track days, TNIA, etc. These cars look soooo fast in comparison :neat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, :nevermind: ... just trying to put a bit of a positive spin on cars/driving on this car forum, but I am obviously :wrong: , everything sucks, so I will see my way out.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:39 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:10 pm Some from qualifying:

:mahman: :fuckyeah:

It's funny... I don't really watch racing and I'm just used to seeing my own videos/live cars at HPDE, NASA track days, TNIA, etc. These cars look soooo fast in comparison :neat:
Yeah, camera really doesn’t do the true speed justice. Sending you another video via text (it’s broadcast so I can’t upload it).
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:23 pm
I dunno if it's age, market conditions, infrastructure conditions, or what. Roads have just been crumbling in the last 20 years since I started driving (at least where I'm driving in MI and CA), traffic has only gotten much worse, and to top it off, now cars are astronomically expensive. Even though I could afford to buy whatever I want, nothing really appeals to me given the current circumstances. A BRZ maybe in a few years if they're ever actually available. My ideal car is still a turbro :manuel: Cucktrek.
Perfect storm of traffic volume, lowest bidder construction quality, bigger and heavier consumer vehicles, more big rigs/dump trucks, etc. :doomed:

It's nice to :aintcare: in the :taco:
This is why I like the cucktrek so much. It's a pretty good :aintcare: machine, but it still feels like a hatch and in sport mode it's way more fun than it should be.

I don't think fun vehicles are dead or pointless, just evolving. That or I've completely sold my soul to the :derp: because I really like the Cucktrek.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:40 pm Also, :nevermind: ... just trying to put a bit of a positive spin on cars/driving on this car forum, but I am obviously :wrong: , everything sucks, so I will see my way out.
:lolol: sorry breh.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:40 pm Also, :nevermind: ... just trying to put a bit of a positive spin on cars/driving on this car forum, but I am obviously :wrong: , everything sucks, so I will see my way out.
Nah. We're just saying that 2040+ is not going to have as much going on as we do now. We live in PEAK GAS FUN vehicles at the moment. More on sale than ever...

Lightweight+Fun
Heavy + Power
EV + infiniti power.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:30 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Perfect storm of traffic volume, lowest bidder construction quality, bigger and heavier consumer vehicles, more big rigs/dump trucks, etc. :doomed:

It's nice to :aintcare: in the :taco:
This is why I like the cucktrek so much. It's a pretty good :aintcare: machine, but it still feels like a hatch and in sport mode it's way more fun than it should be.

I don't think fun vehicles are dead or pointless, just evolving. That or I've completely sold my soul to the :derp: because I really like the Cucktrek.
Nah, I mean it makes sense. Different vehicles are fun in their own ways and shine in different environments.

Jeeps are the worst driving car you can buy but still a lot of fun, for example.