OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:06 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:44 pm

Too big! :lol:
I have zero problem cursing out loud when this shit goes down.
:word:
I may have thrown out one or 2, too. :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

My friend just scheduled his booster shot since he got the J&J and now qualifies. He's getting Moderna on Wednesday.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:35 am My friend just scheduled his booster shot since he got the J&J and now qualifies. He's getting Moderna on Wednesday.
Mixing cocktails eh? Interesting.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 am
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:35 am My friend just scheduled his booster shot since he got the J&J and now qualifies. He's getting Moderna on Wednesday.
I will be doing the same. J&J on the first one, and will likely go Moderna next week.
ChrisoftheNorth

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:45 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 am
I will be doing the same. J&J on the first one, and will likely go Moderna next week.
Interesting. No concern about "compatability"? I didn't know that this was a thing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:16 am

Interesting. No concern about "compatability"? I didn't know that this was a thing.
The CDC just ok'd mixing.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:47 am

The CDC just ok'd mixing.
:notbad: :themoreyouknow:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Yeah, it was okayed by the FDA and CDC. Canada has been allowing it with the Astra Zeneca shot for some time now, and I think San Francisco or San Diego has been allowing it since the summer.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Evidently J&J + Moderna has excellent efficacy. :notbad: :fancy:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:55 pm Evidently J&J + Moderna has excellent efficacy. :notbad: :fancy:
There's so many variables now, that's almost impossible to prove IMO.

Still, interesting path here. I'll probably get a booster eventually.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Youre just gonna die anyways, whats a few chemicals?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Covid negative … day 6 of feeling like ass though… “at least it’s not covid “
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 pm Covid negative … day 6 of feeling like ass though… “at least it’s not covid “
Sadly the days of colds and shit are back I think... as social distancing and whatnot is less prominent. My wife and a couple of friends of mine all were sick over the last two weeks, none of it COVID at least.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I'm in NY right now, a couple of restaurants were :aintcare: about showing proof of vaccine.

Speaking of cold, I have to say I did rock my mask to keep my face warm even when not a lot of people around me.
Also I feel a slight migraine that goes on and off (probably thinking a lot, which when it usually happens), kinda puts me in a :notsure: thought
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:09 pm I'm in NY right now, a couple of restaurants were :aintcare: about showing proof of vaccine.

Speaking of cold, I have to say I did rock my mask to keep my face warm even when not a lot of people around me.
Also I feel a slight migraine that goes on and off (probably thinking a lot, which when it usually happens), kinda puts me in a :notsure: thought
There is something else going around that is super infectious that we're not talking about at the moment. It doesn't seem super severe. But its a nasty bug... I had it, my sig other, another friend, and my friends kid.

Last about 7-10 days
No fever
Sore throat
Insanely runny nose
Dry cough
Tough night sleep, most wake up every hr
Extreme fatigue for at least 2-4 days

So bizzarre I have never had anything like it. Also 3+ people got tested. And it doesn't show up as Covid.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:22 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:09 pm I'm in NY right now, a couple of restaurants were :aintcare: about showing proof of vaccine.

There is something else going around that is super infectious that we're not talking about at the moment. It doesn't seem super severe. But its a nasty bug... I had it, my sig other, another friend, and my friends kid.

Last about 7-10 days
No fever
Sore throat
Insanely runny nose
Dry cough

So bizzarre I have never had anything like it. Also 3+ people got tested. And it doesn't show up as Covid.
I think we're more susceptible to bug taking us down because our immune systems are pretty weak from isolation. Not a BAD thing, but that seems to be a common trend now.

We're religious with vitamin supplements that focus on immune system health and so far, neither of us have had anything more than just some allergy related sniffles.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Last about 7-10 days
No fever
Sore throat
Insanely runny nose
Dry cough

I think we're more susceptible to bug taking us down because our immune systems are pretty weak from isolation. Not a BAD thing, but that seems to be a common trend now.

We're religious with vitamin supplements that focus on immune system health and so far, neither of us have had anything more than just some allergy related sniffles.
Yup we are very similar (per usual), but it took us both out. I have been Vitamin D + C +Zinc'ing etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:47 pm

Yup we are very similar (per usual), but it took us both out. I have been Vitamin D + C +Zinc'ing etc.
Errday: Mutli+Tumeric+C+D

Zinc occasionally, but you can over do zinc, so we only take that if we're in public more than usual.

I'm actually surprised that we haven't had a bug take us down yet, especially with all the travel I've been doing lately.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:34 pm I think we're more susceptible to bug taking us down because our immune systems are pretty weak from isolation. Not a BAD thing, but that seems to be a common trend now.

It's one case, but my daughter tested positive for Influenza A on Wednesday of last week and my wife and I have had exactly zero symptoms of anything despite not having had our flu vaccines yet. It took the one twin down for like 5 days, the other was sick for a full day, but my son had like two cases of diarrhea on Friday and then he was fine. We haven't been isolating, though...it's been pretty much NFG around here since the spring. I know, shame shame.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:34 pm I think we're more susceptible to bug taking us down because our immune systems are pretty weak from isolation. Not a BAD thing, but that seems to be a common trend now.

It's one case, but my daughter tested positive for Influenza A on Wednesday of last week and my wife and I have had exactly zero symptoms of anything despite not having had our flu vaccines yet. It took the one twin down for like 5 days, the other was sick for a full day, but my son had like two cases of diarrhea on Friday and then he was fine. We haven't been isolating, though...it's been pretty much NFG around here since the spring. I know, shame shame.
Kids in particular are supposed to get sick to build up immune system effectiveness right? Seems like getting the COVID stab then letting life go within reason is a decent way to go. :iono:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:42 am
coogles wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:45 pm

Kids in particular are supposed to get sick to build up immune system effectiveness right? Seems like getting the COVID stab then letting life go within reason is a decent way to go. :iono:
You kind of don't have a choice. If they go to school, they're going to be around a bunch of other germ factories all day. While their immune systems are stronger than adults', they're also seeing all of the world's pathogens for the first time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Last about 7-10 days
No fever
Sore throat
Insanely runny nose
Dry cough

:dat:

I know a bunch of people here, including my wife, who had similar. I avoided it because :massles: immune system.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Last about 7-10 days
No fever
Sore throat
Insanely runny nose
Dry cough

Sadly I had a terrible allergy sniffle, usually caused by the draft. When days before corona was officially declared as a pandemic and just got to Turkey, I was gonna go to a small house party from my childhood friend, but my sniffle was so bad that they might've assume I had the 'rona. Which I ended up not going.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:55 pm

Last about 7-10 days
No fever
Sore throat
Insanely runny nose
Dry cough

:dat:

I know a bunch of people here, including my wife, who had similar. I avoided it because :massles: immune system.
I'm not gonna lie, throughout the whole ordeal, I didn't even stay home (unless I was forced to, ie. lockdowns). Even in the beginning I maintained my distance with the mask on (and had to wear it by law in Turkey too). I rocked gloves cause I was taking the metro to visit grandparents where I forgot some of my stuff and they're super anal about it so I tried my best not to get them sick in anyway possible. Neither of my parents never got the 'rona, nor did my uncle, my grandparents, uncle's wife and a bunch of my friends. We got to gatherings and what not as long as the window was open, etc.

Not to mention, I experienced most of my pandemy life in a city just as crowded as new york, from trains, taxi's, ferrys where you can't even social distance. Ate indoors (but only in specific places that I trust). None of us had the 'rona when we could've. I think I'll probably trust my :sawce: immune system as well.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

daughter got me sick... AGAIN
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.