Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:48 pm
RLWake wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:36 pm

I'm 99% sure I meant to quote the message you were quoting :fullretard:
I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow :eeyore:. To be honest, I don't know where the cayman subject came from as I never really mentioned toying with a used cayman idea.
Ignore me I’m just a :fullretard: :fullretard: :fullretard: who cant hit the right button.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

RLWake wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:48 pm

I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow :eeyore:. To be honest, I don't know where the cayman subject came from as I never really mentioned toying with a used cayman idea.
Ignore me I’m just a :fullretard: :fullretard: :fullretard: who cant hit the right button.
First off what ignore? Is it because i took an eternity to reply? Or perhaps I didn't keep up with the subject of the reply? Im not on the dfd all the time as I used to be and since when did i call you a retard? I wasn't even playing games or somewhere along the lines, unless I actually didn't notice it. Theres no need to get worked up as I already deal with lot of :bs: already outside of this forum alone. You can call me all the names you want its really the least of the things i worry about compared to what :bs: Ive been dealing with for the past 2 months. Ok? Stop being like a child, you seem to be a good, more matured young-er man from what I can tell.

A little elaboration shouldn't be too hard.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:53 pm

First off what ignore? Is it because i took an eternity to reply? Or perhaps I didn't keep up with the subject of the reply? Im not on the dfd all the time as I used to be and since when did i call you a retard? I wasn't even playing games or somewhere along the lines, unless I actually didn't notice it. Theres no need to get worked up as I already deal with lot of :bs: already outside of this forum alone. You can call me all the names you want its really the least of the things i worry about compared to what :bs: Ive been dealing with for the past 2 months. Ok? Stop being like a child, you seem to be a good, more matured young-er man from what I can tell.

Woah woah pause dude. Chill out.

We were talking about cars. I quoted you in the discussion instead of someone else. I’m calling myself “full retard” jokingly because I totally offrailed the conversation with my mistake. Therefore, I’m asking you to ignore me and my mistake and carry on.

You didn’t call me a retard. I’m not SAYING you called me a retard. I’m not worked up.

Did I call you a name? Absolutely not.

Now I might worked up now that you’re calling me a child. Fuck off with that nonsense, calm down, and quit making assumptions. I’m not a child. I’m a working professional who’s about to be married.

I get that you’re stressed about other things, but don’t go taking it out on a car forum. We’re dumbasses talking about cars to get AWAY from stressful real life.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Anyways, that WRX DS is atrocious. That feels like it belongs in a Mitsubishi Mirage povertymobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

RLWake wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:15 am

We were talking about cars. I quoted you in the discussion instead of someone else. I’m calling myself “full retard” jokingly because I totally offrailed the conversation with my mistake. Therefore, I’m asking you to ignore me and my mistake and carry on.

You didn’t call me a retard. I’m not SAYING you called me a retard. I’m not worked up.

Now I might worked up now that you’re calling me a child. Fuck off with that nonsense, calm down, and quit making assumptions. I’m not a child. I’m a working professional who’s about to be married.

I get that you’re stressed about other things, but don’t go taking it out on a car forum. We’re dumbasses talking about cars to get AWAY from stressful real life.
I guess i should be the one apologizing at this point, and you're definitely right, esp the last part. That reply seems kinda triggered to me, but hard to tell via text. Also congrats on the marriage.

Also I have got on the dfd to blew off some steam as well, by that i mean distraction from it. That didn't seem to be enough then :ohwell:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:53 am
RLWake wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:15 am

I guess i should be the one apologizing at this point, and you're definitely right, esp the last part. That reply seems kinda triggered to me, but hard to tell via text. Also congrats on the marriage.

Also I have got on the dfd to blew off some steam as well, by that i mean distraction from it. That didn't seem to be enough then :ohwell:
Yeah I did get a little triggered. Sorry about that. Thank you for apologizing as well.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

RLWake wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:53 am

Yeah I did get a little triggered. Sorry about that. Thank you for apologizing as well.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming?
Yessir! Back to be a more civilized forum!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Dude, he was calling himself :fullretard: ... chill out :lolol: He is a good dude.

This was nothing but a miscommunication of Cayman versus GTI nonsense, let's not get our panties in a bunch.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:54 am

Dude, he was calling himself :fullretard: ... chill out :lolol: He is a good dude.

This was nothing but a miscommunication of Cayman versus GTI nonsense, let's not get our panties in a bunch.
I have regretted that though definitely misunderstood at first, I knew he was a good dude to begin with.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:06 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:54 am

I have regretted that though definitely misunderstood at first, I knew he was a good dude to begin with.
Looks like it's all good now!

This is the trouble with texting/typing stuff sometimes, it is easy to miss tone in the words :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:58 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:06 am

Looks like it's all good now!

This is the trouble with texting/typing stuff sometimes, it is easy to miss tone in the words :lolol:
:fuckyeah:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MrH42 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:51 pm Subaru BRZ build page is live;

https://www.subaru.com/vehicles/brz/models.html
Compass is available :fuckyeah:
But it's an option :triggered:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:51 pm Subaru BRZ build page is live;

https://www.subaru.com/vehicles/brz/models.html
Dang, $28K! :impressive:

It seems like good tires and headlights maybe are worth the extra $2500.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

The seats are probably the most important difference. BRZ seats were niiiiiiice before.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

MrH42 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:19 pm The seats are probably the most important difference. BRZ seats were niiiiiiice before.
To me the seats and wheels alone are easily worth the $2500
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

RLWake wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:05 pm
MrH42 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:19 pm The seats are probably the most important difference. BRZ seats were niiiiiiice before.
To me the seats and wheels alone are easily worth the $2500
Yeah, seems like a no brainer to me. It's eligible for Subaru VIP pricing too :heavybreathing:

That brings the limited down from $31,455 to $29,283. Then you have to add tax and everything, but if the S2000 can fetch $25k? Seems like a no brainer.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Savagegeese had the new 86 putting down 205+ at the wheels on the Dyno. That's a significant bump over the last one.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:07 pm Savagegeese had the new 86 putting down 205+ at the wheels on the Dyno. That's a significant bump over the last one.
40 ponies. :notbad: I want this thing.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:41 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:07 pm Savagegeese had the new 86 putting down 205+ at the wheels on the Dyno. That's a significant bump over the last one.
Seriously. It's really hard to find fault with it. :amazing: that it exists today at the pricepoint.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:dis:

Only thing I'm slightly :disappoint: about is just how small the back seat really is. Most people will by NFG about that and I don't for a second wish for them to make the car bigger and heavier in the name of backseat space, but I want to share the fun with my kiddos and something like a 2 series has a way more usable back seat even for a toddler or two in boosters.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:08 pm

:dis:

Only thing I'm slightly :disappoint: about is just how small the back seat really is. Most people will by NFG about that and I don't for a second wish for them to make the car bigger and heavier in the name of backseat space, but I want to share the fun with my kiddos and something like a 2 series has a way more usable back seat even for a toddler or two in boosters.
Yeah the backseat is definitely rough... it's nice storage but I can't imagine it working for any humans. It makes a Mustang back seat seem legitimate.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I sat in the back of mine once just to try it. Technically possible but definitely a lot smaller than the RX8 or a mustang inside. Kids without car seats should be fine :doe:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I picked up my friend and his now wife, when they were drunk, with my BRZ once. He's 6'3", 240 lbs, and she's probably 5'4"? He had to move his seat all the way forward, and tilt his head because it was against the roof. She was jammed back there.

Not comfortable, but got them home safe. It would work for small kids without a car seat. But doesn't the law require kids to be in car seats of some sort until they're basically adults or something crazy now?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

MrH42 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:56 pm I picked up my friend and his now wife, when they were drunk, with my BRZ once. He's 6'3", 240 lbs, and she's probably 5'4"? He had to move his seat all the way forward, and tilt his head because it was against the roof. She was jammed back there.

Not comfortable, but got them home safe. It would work for small kids without a car seat. But doesn't the law require kids to be in car seats of some sort until they're basically adults or something crazy now?
Probably. And that rear seat cushion is so sloped I don't know how you'd put a booster back there anyway.