Shopping in the worst car market ever...Summer 21 Plac Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:( man what happened here...
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

approaching :crang: level :hibachi: here

C'mon Chris, we promise to take it easy on you.....

New anything >>> my 9 year old :mk6:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Bought the car, incredible dealer experience. I really like the car, not popular opinion, so I'll leave it at that. Not much else to say.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

When you haven't owned a car in awhile, anything that isn't a :truk: probably feels super sporty.

Our mazderp3 base hatch is plenty quick and sporty too with 155 hp and 205/60/16 marshmallows.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:40 pm Bought the car, incredible dealer experience. I really like the car, not popular opinion, so I'll leave it at that. Not much else to say.
:megusta:
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:40 pm Bought the car, incredible dealer experience. I really like the car, not popular opinion, so I'll leave it at that. Not much else to say.
Roger that :like: pics? Is it white?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:38 pm
You care? Haven't taken a pic yet. Pearl white
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:43 pm When you haven't owned a car in awhile, anything that isn't a :truk: probably feels super sporty.

Our mazderp3 base hatch is plenty quick and sporty too with 155 hp and 205/60/16 marshmallows.
It feels like a racecar compared to the Ram. But it's the size that I really like. "Compact" cars are where it's at. Plus it'll go anywhere we want and do everything on the cheap. It's a modern Jeep.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:04 pm

Yea I mean I posted a bunch in this thread. Would be nice to round it out with a final outcome.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:10 pm
Yea I mean I posted a bunch in this thread. Would be nice to round it out with a final outcome.
:dat: we still want pics.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Dude I think you severely overestimate how much you think you’re gonna get flamed for this. Cross trek is a great middle of the road car for you and :tits: and your living situation. Great all wheel drive, versatile hatchback, whats not to love
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:40 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:10 pm

:dat: we still want pics.
:dat:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

My mom's last two Subarus have been that satin pearl white and they ALWAYS look clean.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Your automotive insights are second to none, Chris. We are just busting :balls:

Bring on the deets and the pics...... My wife may very well be interested in one of these down the road....
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:20 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:05 pm

You also don't live in an area with snow and ice. :smrt:

Crosstrek is the right answer for now. I just hate autonomous safety nannies making noise/errors/lights/etc.
The last Hyundai I rented basically drove itself on the highway. It was awesome.
:word:
The ACC in our H works really well.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:42 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:57 pm Well, :hibachi: time.

I might need to leave the forum after posting this:

I dragged the wife down to the Subaru dealer to just sit in an Outback and Crosstrek. We liked the Outback, but the only Crosstrek they had on the lot was a Sport, which gets the 2.5 and some really :neat: interior design with gray/black mix vinyl and yellow/gold stitching. I fit surprisingly great inside it, we found the interior space to be comparable to the mini in terms of headroom and overall space, the cargo space was probably bigger. This is remarkable because the MINI blew me away with space. The seats are less bolstered than the mini, but still supportive and probably more comfortable on longer drives.

I didn't anticipate driving it, but the :dillerman: was cool AF and tossed us the keys while we were looking at it. The thing really surprised me. The 2.5 has balls. The gearing is pretty good so it's pretty quick off the line, though it does get a bit winded so it's not exactly what I'm looking for with passing power, but it's solidly decent and very livable. I can't imagine the 2.0 being even livable. The transmission is pretty decent too, incredibly. For a CVT, it fakes "gears" really well. "Downshifts" eagerly, snappy "upshifts" solidly :notbad: Even the paddle shifters are pretty responsive. Steering is direct and sharp, and it handled pretty decent for a jacked up Impreza. I was really surprised by it overall.

It doesn't have a sunroof, which I think helps boost headroom, and it doesn't have the upgraded radio. The standard 6.5" radio is pretty nice, really high resolution (especially for the size) and has Android Auto that I was going to have to give up with the MINI. But it does have the auto dimming side mirror option, which I actually value more than pretty much any other option on something like this with big trucks common everywhere now.

Hardest thing is this: $30k OTD for a brand new vehicle with brand warranty and a :dillerman: to service it 15 minutes from my house. Do I love it? No...but I like it a lot. It's a bunch of small things that add up to a pretty neat thing overall. It seems like a much smarter move overall, and I can just be done with all this shit. In theory, it should hold its value better than the MINI, the wife loves it.

https://www.hodgessubaru.com/new/Subaru ... 13f80e.htm

There's a high likelihood that we'll buy it tonight. If I do, I'll just quit the car section of the forum, I assume I'll be banned anyway.

:hibachi: :pouroneout: :derp: :dealwithit:
:bruh: No banning.

It is what it is. I cucked out a bit with the BMW purchase and am now all :sad: that the stupid :poorvette: is going away. I 100% bought a car that I didn't really want all that much because my wife "wouldn't let me" spend $40K+. Reflecting on it, the more practical car fits my needs a bit better - road trips, :doge: hiking outings, bicycle transport, etc. I'm not super stoked but the car does work really well for what I need.

The Crosstrek isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I did mention that during our cross country trip, I sort of longed for a CT ( :lolol: CT 2.0) multiple times. It can do the "off roading" we do most likely, and it's a much better driving/more efficient vehicle than a Beep Beep, just less "cool".

There is a reason everyone drives these, they are very effective transportation.

:lolol: at the 2.5 having :balls: ... Everything after the huge :truk: with 3.6 is straight :massles:

:iono: if the shoe fits, wear it. Not every chapter of life will involve our dream cars. Some will. Hopefully this wins you some brownie points with :tits: and you can pursue other fun stuff.

It's a :notbad: outcome.
They were ALL over the National Parks out west last week.
wap

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:09 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:09 am

The question is... what does CT officially stand for now?

Cuck Tranny?

Cuck Trek?

Cuck truckette?

Cross Trek?
Cauterized Testicles.
:lolol: :bravo: :mahman:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:08 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:09 am

Cauterized Testicles.
:lolol: :bravo: :mahman:
:bow: :hue:
wap

razr390 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:41 pm Dude I think you severely overestimate how much you think you’re gonna get flamed for this. Cross trek is a great middle of the road car for you and :tits: and your living situation. Great all wheel drive, versatile hatchback, whats not to love
Pics, please.
Desertbreh

Sweet Baby Jesus.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

wap wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:20 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:41 pm Dude I think you severely overestimate how much you think you’re gonna get flamed for this. Cross trek is a great middle of the road car for you and :tits: and your living situation. Great all wheel drive, versatile hatchback, whats not to love
Pics, please.
:well:
max225

This thread was such a rollercoaster we started at 200mph.. then dropped down to 50 then basically slowed to a crawl in LA grid lock.

:hibachi:
Last edited by max225 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:54 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:20 pm

Pics, please.
:well:
:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:53 pm This thread was such a rollercoaster we started at 200mph.. then dropped down to 50 then basically slowed to a crawl in LA grid lock.

Vehicle was acquired. Thread done. :iono:

I'm a bitch ass cuck that bought a lesbian :derp: mobile. But even worse, after driving it quite a bit, I REALLY like it. More than I think I would the MINI even. That makes my contributions to the car section of this forum now worthless. I shredded my car guy card, and I'll focus on OT from now on. Have fun gear heads, sorry for the epic :| I forgot I'm a mod, I may lock this thread.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:59 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:53 pm This thread was such a rollercoaster we started at 200mph.. then dropped down to 50 then basically slowed to a crawl in LA grid lock.

Vehicle was acquired. Thread done. :iono:

I'm a bitch ass cuck that bought a lesbian :derp: mobile. But even worse, after driving it quite a bit, I REALLY like it. More than I think I would the MINI even. That makes my contributions to the car section of this forum now worthless. I shredded my car guy card, and I'll focus on OT from now on. Have fun gear heads, sorry for the epic :| I forgot I'm a mod, I may lock this thread.
Oh you're a mod ? :amazing:

Hard not to like a brand new car. Hell I like a brand new toaster, let alone something that has 0 farts and has brand new OCD stickers everywhere.

Staying power will be the key indicator. I mean hell you saw me post about cross trannys way back. I considered one as a tie over before the Mini... just Didn't like the 2.slow. I wanted to get a 2.5 :manuel: with 0 options . Unfortunately they don't exist.

I am curious about your real world mpg. Not 55mph highway but tank averages. For :science: