Tire Kicking By Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

wap wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:51 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:23 pm

Does she even fill the soap, brah?
:lolol: :triggered:
Oh dang, I missed this. Did me a giggle :lol:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:(

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

:pouroneout:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

4zilch wrote:
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:20 am So much for the “she lets me do whatever I want”. Welcome to Cucktopia with the rest of us :disgust:
Am I the last noncucked married bro here?
I'm the one who makes less and often spends more, so I'm probably more like the wife in my household...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I was looking forward to experiencing the riceroni.

Oh well we can still twin it
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:24 pm I was looking forward to experiencing the riceroni.

I think it'll still happen to be honest, just not yet.

When the :triggered: calms, I will probably discuss a longer term plan, like save commission checks for six months then buy it cash or something. So twins for now :sissyfight:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The thing is, my wife is extremely obsessed with planning everything. I am spontaneous, like if I decide one day I want a Hype R, I'll just go buy one. She is more of a spreadsheeter/calendar OCD type. Mostly these balance each other out, but occasionally it causes friction of the non-fun variety :dock:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:20 pm
4zilch wrote:
Am I the last noncucked married bro here?
I'm the one who makes less and often spends more, so I'm probably more like the wife in my household...
Who fills the soap?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

4zilch wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:20 pm I'm the one who makes less and often spends more, so I'm probably more like the wife in my household...
Who fills the soap?
She does the hand soap, I do the dish soap and all other household cleaning. :thisisfine:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:27 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:24 pm I was looking forward to experiencing the riceroni.

When the :triggered: calms, I will probably discuss a longer term plan, like save commission checks for six months then buy it cash or something. So twins for now :sissyfight:
Sell that resale aspect hard.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:45 pm

See... she just doesn't get this. I mean... she is still bent out of shape on the Jeep monthly payment. I have said so many times, for one, we could pay it off at any time should we choose to. We also could sell it in one day to Carvana or Vroom for our original purchase price 20k miles ago. All of that and it's just still "OMG THE MONTHLY PAYMENT IS $700!!! :triggered: "
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am probably the dumb one, but I view a Hype R sitting in the drive as basically the same thing as $40K sitting in savings... it's probably actually depreciating slower than money :lolol: And it would be less to maintain than the C5. But I digress. I give up for now, I'm not going to get in a fight over a stupid car.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm

See... she just doesn't get this. I mean... she is still bent out of shape on the Jeep monthly payment. I have said so many times, for one, we could pay it off at any time should we choose to. We also could sell it in one day to Carvana or Vroom for our original purchase price 20k miles ago. All of that and it's just still "OMG THE MONTHLY PAYMENT IS $700!!! :triggered: "
Put enough cash down so the monthly payment is like $100. :lolol: Look at how cheap it is!!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:doge: hatchback

Lower ingress is easier on his large :doge: joints
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:19 pm

Put enough cash down so the monthly payment is like $100. :lolol: Look at how cheap it is!!
:lolol:
Last edited by wap on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:51 pm

:doge: hatchback

Lower ingress is easier on his large :doge: joints
Best idea yet actually :lolol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Well Griff, I know how you're feeling right about now.

My wife's office is opening back up slowly, but she opted not to be in the first wave since we set up our childcare solutions for this summer assuming we'd both be WFH, and also because the protocols in place for now sound like a huge downer. She's planning to go back to the office probably 3 days per week starting 8/30, so the clock is ticking as far as needing a second car to handle 3x :baby: duties. I brought up keeping the GTI and doing a few small mods to it and just adding a :minivan: to the fleet come August, and the :tits: :triggered: :nuke: was quite impressive. "How much are the modzzzz going to cost?!?" "Can we afford a payment on the minivan? What about the budget??" RAWWRRR. :angry: Good times. Seems I'm pretty much destined to have an Odyssey as my only car come August, for the foreseeable future.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The new Pacifica’s look :nice:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:13 am The new Pacifica’s look :nice:
I'm not spending a penny over $20k bruh, fun car in the garage or not.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 am
razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:13 am The new Pacifica’s look :nice:
I'm not spending a penny over $20k bruh, fun car in the garage or not.
Turbo :manuel: :minivan:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Well I had this argument with some folks here too. Glad you’re seeing the light of monthlies being irrelevant. :like:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:41 am Image
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:30 am

Well I had this argument with some folks here too. Glad you’re seeing the light of monthlies being irrelevant. :like:
I mean... I see both sides, it is situational. Like, if you are not fortunate enough to have cash in the bank, good income, etc. and on a tight budget, it does matter (although it still should only be one factor, ultimate cost is king). In my case I am with you, it is 100% irrelevant. The Jeep, while it feels expensive has literally been free pretty much. Insurance on it is less than it was on the 2012 Fusion, it has depreciated $0, and maintenance has been free. We would have actually spent more keeping the Fusion considering we sorta fleeced the buyer and sold that thing for almost $5K with over 150K miles.

A Type R doesn't depreciate and would also cost less to maintain than the :poorvette: so it is potentially actually a less costly vehicle to own. That said, I just am unwilling to argue with the wife more at this point, fuck it.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:22 am Well boys... I started talking more seriously about the CTR and :tits: got SUPER :triggered: I'm not going to go into the deetz here on all of that, but this just isn't happening for the time being.

Time to start looking into getting the :poorvette: clutch done, it looks like she's here to stay. My 'forever car' :notsure: .
What? When last heard from your bride was in support of you upgrading your ride. Such change of heart. Much lack of accountability for prior words.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.