OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:12 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 pm

Attorneys are always used by buyers and sellers here so I guess the "review" is done automatically. :iono:
Bought and sold 4 houses in MI now, never encountered a lawyer.
:mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:01 pm

Yeah there are a number of states where attorneys do the work of escrow companies. I would personally rather drive truck but its a major area state by state legal difference.
Oh wow, interesting. That sort of work sounds terrible, but probably rather lucrative these days.

So there's no escrow/title company in these states, it's all handled by the lawyers?
Some are hybrid states where a lawyer must be involved but there are also escrow companies. I've only ever practiced in WA and CA, which is like Meatchicken. Lawyers become involved in the process if something goes wrong, but in ordinary transactions the meatgrinder is run by agents, title and escrow. Here is the interwebz 411 on Pex's situ.

Attorney Review in Real Estate
Attorney Review (Clause N.J.A.C 11:5-6.2)
An attorney review clause is required in every Contract prepared by a real estate agent in New Jersey. Attorney ReviewThe clause allows the Buyer and Seller to choose an attorney to study the Contract and make modifications to its terms. If an attorney is consulted, the lawyer must complete the Contract review within three days. The three days are counted from the date of delivery of the signed Contract to the Buyer and Seller, depending on the last one to receive it. Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays are not counted.

If either attorney disapproves the Contract, the attorney must notify the real estate agent and the other party named in the contract within the three day period. Otherwise the Contract will be legally binding as written. The attorney must send notice of disapproval to the real estate agents by email, certified mail, telegram, fax or by personal delivery. The email, telegram, fax or certified letter will be effective upon sending. The personal delivery will be effective upon delivery.

Although not required, the attorney may also inform the real estate agent and other party of any suggested revisions that would make the contract satisfactory in order for the transaction to continue.

NOTE: The Contract drawn by a real estate agent is only a proposed Contract. It does not actually take effect until the three day period has expired and then only if it has not been disapproved by the attorney for either side.

The review clause is specific about a three day period and how it should be counted. The count does not begin when the real estate agent or attorney receives the contract, but when the parties receive it.

In an effort to address current health concerns, arrangements can be made for a meeting by telephone or a zoom call. Contact Lorraine at 732-842-6939 for scheduling. The reduced fee is the same for the first meeting. An information sheet will be emailed to you for completion prior to the meeting.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:12 pm TIL: a signed and accepted offer doesn’t mean shit.
Man, NJ is fucking weird. WTF is an "attorney review" anyway?

A signed offer is legally binding in Michigan. Only way out is through contingencies (inspection, appraisal, etc).

I'm sorry dude, that really fucking blows. This market is fucked.
Attorney review is just another way for me to get fucked. 6 weeks until I’m homeless.

I’m sure if there ever is another accepted offer, they’ll fuck me out of it the day before closing somehow.
Apex

Refinances can be handled by title companies but attorneys are required for purchases.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:11 pm
Oh wow, interesting. That sort of work sounds terrible, but probably rather lucrative these days.

So there's no escrow/title company in these states, it's all handled by the lawyers?
Some are hybrid states where a lawyer must be involved but there are also escrow companies. I've only ever practiced in WA and CA, which is like Meatchicken. Lawyers become involved in the process if something goes wrong, but in ordinary transactions the meatgrinder is run by agents, title and escrow. Here is the interwebz 411 on Pex's situ.

Attorney Review in Real Estate
Attorney Review (Clause N.J.A.C 11:5-6.2)
An attorney review clause is required in every Contract prepared by a real estate agent in New Jersey. Attorney ReviewThe clause allows the Buyer and Seller to choose an attorney to study the Contract and make modifications to its terms. If an attorney is consulted, the lawyer must complete the Contract review within three days. The three days are counted from the date of delivery of the signed Contract to the Buyer and Seller, depending on the last one to receive it. Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays are not counted.

If either attorney disapproves the Contract, the attorney must notify the real estate agent and the other party named in the contract within the three day period. Otherwise the Contract will be legally binding as written. The attorney must send notice of disapproval to the real estate agents by email, certified mail, telegram, fax or by personal delivery. The email, telegram, fax or certified letter will be effective upon sending. The personal delivery will be effective upon delivery.

Although not required, the attorney may also inform the real estate agent and other party of any suggested revisions that would make the contract satisfactory in order for the transaction to continue.

NOTE: The Contract drawn by a real estate agent is only a proposed Contract. It does not actually take effect until the three day period has expired and then only if it has not been disapproved by the attorney for either side.

The review clause is specific about a three day period and how it should be counted. The count does not begin when the real estate agent or attorney receives the contract, but when the parties receive it.

In an effort to address current health concerns, arrangements can be made for a meeting by telephone or a zoom call. Contact Lorraine at 732-842-6939 for scheduling. The reduced fee is the same for the first meeting. An information sheet will be emailed to you for completion prior to the meeting.
Pretty much what I expected. :|
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:12 pm TIL: a signed and accepted offer doesn’t mean shit.
Bruh....

What a shitty seller.
I'm really sorry man.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Man, NJ is fucking weird. WTF is an "attorney review" anyway?

A signed offer is legally binding in Michigan. Only way out is through contingencies (inspection, appraisal, etc).

I'm sorry dude, that really fucking blows. This market is fucked.
Attorney review is just another way for me to get fucked. 6 weeks until I’m homeless.

I’m sure if there ever is another accepted offer, they’ll fuck me out of it the day before closing somehow.
I've been fucked close to closing before. It sucks big time. Lived with my old man for a few months while we worked shit out. Keep at it, hopefully something will hit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote:I've got a buddy of mine who got waaaaaay further along, Murph. Currently caught in some :disgust: closing purgatory due to the deed going missing by some fault of the seller (or the seller never had it?).

I'm not sure if he's gonna get the house, it's been 2 weeks at this point; he was supposed to close on March 29th, and his rate lock has long expired. :flaccid:
Isnt that stuff usually covered with title and transfer insurance?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:36 pm
Detroit wrote: :jelly:

It snowed here today and spun wife into a depression. Worst time of the year right now in northern states.
:disgust:

I'm glad I finally figured this out at age 35, most people take until 60+ to :gtfo: of the North. Happiness might be a state of mind for some people, but I need a little more.

I'm in shorts and a t shirt right now too!

Look at us go!
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:29 pm I've got a buddy of mine who got waaaaaay further along, Murph. Currently caught in some :disgust: closing purgatory due to the deed going missing by some fault of the seller (or the seller never had it?).

I'm not sure if he's gonna get the house, it's been 2 weeks at this point; he was supposed to close on March 29th, and his rate lock has long expired. :flaccid:
Oh I’m just waiting for whatever shit storm is coming my way next. The level of bullshit capable in my life is unprecedented.
I’m just waiting on the title insurance bill and attorney fees for this most recent bullshit.
Apex

Great news! I’m no longer pre-approved for shit now.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:19 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:45 pm Great news! I’m no longer pre-approved for shit now.
Que?

:butwhy:
Went into full loan status, so now I’m just an adverse loan.
Apex

What really sucks is I missed out on a week of being able to look at other houses, since you know I thought I had an accepted offer. Now I’m another week behind, I could have easily looked at 6-8 other houses...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Really sucks, man. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:12 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 pm

Attorneys are always used by buyers and sellers here so I guess the "review" is done automatically. :iono:
Bought and sold 4 houses in MI now, never encountered a lawyer.
Bought a house in NJ. Didn’t use a lawyer.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:11 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:26 pm

Went into full loan status, so now I’m just an adverse loan.
Yeah, but loan never went into closing?
No, but was locked as a loan for sale price and loan amount, rate was locked, etc.
Apex

And now I’m back to not being able to sleep... fuck ever thinking anything good could ever happen in my life. I hate this stupid bullshit life. I can’t wait for it to fucking end.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:54 am And now I’m back to not being able to sleep... fuck ever thinking anything good could ever happen in my life. I hate this stupid bullshit life. I can’t wait for it to fucking end.
:sad:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Top of the morning fellas!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Dang, no meetings today :notbad:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

CaleDeRoo wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:36 pm :disgust:

I'm glad I finally figured this out at age 35, most people take until 60+ to :gtfo: of the North. Happiness might be a state of mind for some people, but I need a little more.

Look at us go!
:impressive: :fuckyeah:

Dat DFD on DFD :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:48 am Dang, no meetings today :notbad:
:fuckyeah: love when that happens.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 am
CaleDeRoo wrote:

Look at us go!
:impressive: :fuckyeah:

Dat DFD on DFD :doe:
DFDception...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So, random observation.
People that drive their cars with a mask on SOLO on the freeway have got to be the dumbest motherfuckers In recent history. This happens here quite often.

:fullretard:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:28 am So, random observation.
People that drive their cars with a mask on SOLO on the freeway have got to be the dumbest motherfuckers In recent history. This happens here quite often.

:fullretard:
:iono:

I see people do it. They might be making multiple short stops, or are just used to wearing it all the time.

I've walked out of assembly plants wearing safety glasses and driven all the way home without realizing it. :iono: