OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:48 am We had just a few extra items laying around the apartment... :thisisfine:

This is the best part of moving IMO
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

The amount of stuff that I own is insane. That's just the obviously worthless pile. There was/is a similarly sized 'give away' pile and a 'sell' pile plus multiple runs to the recycling center... and after that I'll still have a ton of shit.

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Annual raises finally rolled out. Heard a few people complaining that it was less than last year. Checked mine and I got 2.2% vs 3% last year. Would have been nice to get a larger increase, but it’s still more money than I was making, so can’t complain too much.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am Annual raises finally rolled out. Heard a few people complaining that it was less than last year. Checked mine and I got 2.2% vs 3% last year. Would have been nice to get a larger increase, but it’s still more money than I was making, so can’t complain too much.
:nice:

More dollabills for that Tren. :megusta:
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:22 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am Annual raises finally rolled out. Heard a few people complaining that it was less than last year. Checked mine and I got 2.2% vs 3% last year. Would have been nice to get a larger increase, but it’s still more money than I was making, so can’t complain too much.
:nice:

More dollabills for that Tren. :megusta:
Exactly. My gear costs will be higher than normal the next three months until the show is done with.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

At least you got a RAISE during the Covid year last year. Many of us got pay CUTS.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 am
At least you got a RAISE during the Covid year last year. Many of us got pay CUTS.
Very true.
SAWCE

Bumped my 401k contribution up by 2%. Pretty much eats the whole raise, and will probably leave me with an extra $10 or so in my weekly check.

Need to get that 401k maxed out so that future raises go straight to my pocket, or other investment vehicles like IRAs.
troyguitar

wap wrote:
:dat:

2021 is up from 2020 here but still down from 2019. We're hoping that 2022 will be back to 2019 pay, which is about 10% above 2013...

:math:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:41 am Bumped my 401k contribution up by 2%. Pretty much eats the whole raise, and will probably leave me with an extra $10 or so in my weekly check.

Need to get that 401k maxed out so that future raises go straight to my pocket, or other investment vehicles like IRAs.
That’s like an extra double double or something each week! :massles:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:41 am
wap wrote:
:dat:

2021 is up from 2020 here but still down from 2019. We're hoping that 2022 will be back to 2019 pay, which is about 10% above 2013...

:math:
Bossbro announced recently that performance/compensation reviews are back on this year so I'm hoping for anything to make up for last years' 5 month 20% pay cut. :disgust:
But, whereas reviews had been done in April for everyone, this year it's going by anniversary date so I have to wait until the end of September for my review. :rolleyes: :ayfkm: :really: :bs:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:48 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:41 am Bumped my 401k contribution up by 2%. Pretty much eats the whole raise, and will probably leave me with an extra $10 or so in my weekly check.

I cannot wait to eat a fucking cheeseburger. Rolling on week 7 of zero cheat meals or refeeds.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 am
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:48 am

I cannot wait to eat a fucking cheeseburger. Rolling on week 7 of zero cheat meals or refeeds.
Save that extra $10 a week and go HAM after the show. :fatty:
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:48 am That’s like an extra double double or something each week! :massles:
Fuck. I could not do 7+ weeks on a strict diet.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:03 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Fuck. I could not do 7+ weeks on a strict diet.
The first few are tough, then you settle into a routine and cravings generally stop. But then boredom starts to set in and is complimented by being hungry constantly, and it gets hard again.

If I didn’t have the end goal/date, I wouldn’t be able to do it either. Need to be able to get up on that stage and know I did everything perfectly though in order to keep my head held high even if I don’t place well.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:57 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 am

:mahman: Last time I really wanted to go to BJ’s Brewhouse and devour a pizza after the show, but we booked a reservation too late. Gonna try to do that this time.

First thing I ate walking off the stage were one each blueberry and poppyseed muffins from Costco :drool: will definitely have a few of those on hand again.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:14 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:57 am

:mahman: Last time I really wanted to go to BJ’s Brewhouse and devour a pizza after the show, but we booked a reservation too late. Gonna try to do that this time.

First thing I ate walking off the stage were one each blueberry and poppyseed muffins from Costco :drool: will definitely have a few of those on hand again.
:megusta:
Not the same, but I’d slam back a few Reese’s peanut butter cups after I weighed in for a lifting competition.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Does your employer match? At this stage in my life I don’t do more than the full match that my company does. It’s 4% for me and they throw in 4% on their end. Free money so it’s worth it.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:24 pm

Does your employer match? At this stage in my life I don’t do more than the full match that my company does. It’s 4% for me and they throw in 4% on their end. Free money so it’s worth it.
Yeah they give us a 6% match. Just bumped my contribution to 12%, so I’m at 18% total.

I get your strategy, but at this point I don’t need cash on hand and would rather have it earning me money for the future and reducing my current tax liability.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:14 pm

Not the same, but I’d slam back a few Reese’s peanut butter cups after I weighed in for a lifting competition.
Oh man.. throw some of those in the freezer :megusta:

Have you had the Reese’s Sticks? So fucking good.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:37 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:19 pm

You know it! :fatty:
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:19 pm :megusta:

The sticks are the best!

I remember back in the day there used to be 10+ flavors of Twix and the reese sticks remind me of those.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:47 pm
SAWCE wrote:

The sticks are the best!

I remember back in the day there used to be 10+ flavors of Twix and the reese sticks remind me of those.
Yeah! That’s what I thought of too. Would definitely rather have a Reese’s Stick over the current Twix offerings.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:32 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:24 pm
Yeah they give us a 6% match. Just bumped my contribution to 12%, so I’m at 18% total.

I get your strategy, but at this point I don’t need cash on hand and would rather have it earning me money for the future and reducing my current tax liability.
Oh no I wish I could add more to the 401k but with :baby: rn need some cash on hand too. But I do the bare minimum just to get that free 4%
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Suh