Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:neat:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:52 am
Apex wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:06 pm The Mighty Ducks came out in 1992. :mindblown:
Was Rudy even born yet?

Seems legit.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Clean shaved my head this weekend. Feels nice. Probably hit it every other day or so to keep the look up.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Nice day yesterday. Cherry blossoms are in bloom. Mid 60s today!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Acid666 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 am Wife bought me a Pitboss pellet grill. I briefly looked at these a year ago but something in me kept swaying away from it because I didn't want to pay for fuel when I've got a natural gas line ready for hookup on my patio so it's easy. But the cost of some of these nat gas pits was a bit higher than I wanted to spend.

Cooked on it twice so far, and it's pretty impressive. Still trying to figure it out since it's a little different than a normal pit. The pellets aren't nearly as costly as I expected. I think this hopper holds a whole 20lbs or so and a 20lb bag is only about $10. I'd say the hopper is about 14" tall and I've only used about an inch worth of pellets in the 2 times I've used it. The higher temps you cook, the faster it burns thru the pellets. It's got a slide that'll give you access to the flame so you can sear, so I tried to sear the outside to get some char, then close the grate and then lower the temps and kinda smoke it for several hours. Worked ok but I gotta tweak my times and temps. I do love that it comes with a probe so I can smoke it and simply look at the temp on the screen to see if it's cooked thru without opening the top.
So far it's 5/7, I look forward to doing more on it. It's apparently stupid versitile, you can smoke, bake, roast, braise, sear, grill, char-grill or barbecue.

This looks really nice.... I am in the market for a new grill this year but as much as this style intrigues me, I need to stick with the direct heat (gas) models for the majority of what I use a grill for....
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:54 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 am Wife bought me a Pitboss pellet grill. I briefly looked at these a year ago but something in me kept swaying away from it because I didn't want to pay for fuel when I've got a natural gas line ready for hookup on my patio so it's easy. But the cost of some of these nat gas pits was a bit higher than I wanted to spend.

Cooked on it twice so far, and it's pretty impressive. Still trying to figure it out since it's a little different than a normal pit. The pellets aren't nearly as costly as I expected. I think this hopper holds a whole 20lbs or so and a 20lb bag is only about $10. I'd say the hopper is about 14" tall and I've only used about an inch worth of pellets in the 2 times I've used it. The higher temps you cook, the faster it burns thru the pellets. It's got a slide that'll give you access to the flame so you can sear, so I tried to sear the outside to get some char, then close the grate and then lower the temps and kinda smoke it for several hours. Worked ok but I gotta tweak my times and temps. I do love that it comes with a probe so I can smoke it and simply look at the temp on the screen to see if it's cooked thru without opening the top.
So far it's 5/7, I look forward to doing more on it. It's apparently stupid versitile, you can smoke, bake, roast, braise, sear, grill, char-grill or barbecue.

This looks really nice.... I am in the market for a new grill this year but as much as this style intrigues me, I need to stick with the direct heat (gas) models for the majority of what I use a grill for....

This one works pretty well, but like I said I need to figure out my times and temps and shit.
I was trying to get something thick with juice so I made an attempt on a cheap flank I found at Albertsons. Probably not the best choice to try on but I just wanted to make a quick attempt and then split it with the wife.
I got the temp up to 500, seared it for 2m then turned 90°, flipped and did the same on the other side. Then i put it on the top rack and changed my temp to 200° and let it run for 2 hours. Came out ok, but could of gone up a little on the temp and still been fine and cooked the center a little more. When I pulled it out the center was at 165°.
I cooked some chicken wrapped in bacon with cream cheese and jalapeno on the top rack the whole time and it worked out really good. I had a lot of trouble with chicken on my small charcoal grill and being able to know and control the temp was a game changer. I can finally make drumsticks without having to constantly rotate them on high heat like I did before.
Still learning, but it's a pretty good start so far.
Acid666

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:16 pm Clean shaved my head this weekend. Feels nice. Probably hit it every other day or so to keep the look up.
I started buzzing a few months ago. Shit was just getting too thin and looking like trash between visits to my barber. I shave here and there, but I'm lazy and buzz weekly.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:41 pm Image

:wub:
Mid 70's yesterday and low-mid 70's most of this week.
:fuckyeah:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:41 pm Image

:wub:
:impressive:

It might hit 60 here briefly this afternoon. 70s in St Pete :doe: so apparently Chicago = Florida.
SAWCE

Acid666 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:16 pm Clean shaved my head this weekend. Feels nice. Probably hit it every other day or so to keep the look up.
I started buzzing a few months ago. Shit was just getting too thin and looking like trash between visits to my barber. I shave here and there, but I'm lazy and buzz weekly.
Yeah that’s been my strategy for the last few years. It’s still thick enough that clean shaving is a bit of a hassle, but I’ll run it for a few weeks and see if I can get into a good routine. I like how it looks well enough to spend the five or so minutes it takes.. for now :lol:
SAWCE

While it would have been nice to just have a full head of hair, I at least got lucky with a pretty decent shaped head so I can rock the bald look

Acid666

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:50 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Yeah that’s been my strategy for the last few years. It’s still thick enough that clean shaving is a bit of a hassle, but I’ll run it for a few weeks and see if I can get into a good routine. I like how it looks well enough to spend the five or so minutes it takes.. for now :lol:
I made the mistake of trying to use my safety razor to shave my head after 2 weeks of non buzzing and my god it was a horrible experience. Patches everywhere. I couldn't get a good angle needed to seat the blade properly. I've been shaving with safety razors for years so I'm used to it on my face, but not on a curved head. I do have one of those speed blade things that rolls along your head but I wanted to try the safety route since blades are so damn cheap.
If you do it in the shower every other day, I can totally see how it's easy to manage because it's so fast and clean since it's so short. I debated on doing that, but I kinda prefer the buzz for now since it shows I have a decent hair line
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:36 pm
wap wrote: :wub:
:impressive:

It might hit 60 here briefly this afternoon. 70s in St Pete :doe: so apparently Chicago = Florida.
:smrt: :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:22 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:06 pm The Mighty Ducks came out in 1992. :mindblown:
Was Rudy even born yet?
Was he even born in 2002? :iono:
That means he's not a :millennial:

Gen z :disgust:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

rainy and 50s here in constantinople
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:49 pm
wap wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:22 pm

Was he even born in 2002? :iono:

So Gen Z is worse than :millennial:
I really don't know. :iono:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:14 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:49 pm

Honestly millennials are old now. Usually the gens older than millennials that bitch about “millennials” are actually bitching about Gen Z. The generation that doesn’t know life without a phone
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:52 pm
wap wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:14 pm

Honestly millennials are old now. Usually the gens older than millennials that bitch about “millennials” are actually bitching about Gen Z. The generation that doesn’t know life without a phone
:mindblown:
I was in my 40's when I got my first smart phone. :yikes:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm

I was in my 40's when I got my first smart phone. :yikes:
The oldest millennials are 40 which is really not :millennial:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I was in my 400's when I got my first smart phone. :yikes:
FTFY Olde buddy......
wap

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:05 pm
I was in my 400's when I got my first smart phone. :yikes:
FTFY Olde buddy......
Oops, thanks for fixing that. :like: ;)
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

We had just a few extra items laying around the apartment... :thisisfine:

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:48 am We had just a few extra items laying around the apartment... :thisisfine:

Bet it felt good to toss the shovel! :jelly:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Boss forwarded me an email where a customer called me “a tremendous resource” and I can only read it in Trumps voice. :lol:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:54 am Boss forwarded me an email where a customer called me “a tremendous resource” and I can only read it in Trumps voice. :lol:
He knows words. The best.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...