Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:28 pm Car is gone. Check came in. Full offer. Tons of :plac: profit.

Last week on Wednesday I got word that union negotiations are underway and I need to go to mandatory contingency training. 20 miles away. Every day. For 8 weeks. Starting monday this week. So I had to rent a vehicle.

Fucking lol.
:ohwell:
:hai: J_W.

Hope all is well.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:28 pm Car is gone. Check came in. Full offer. Tons of :plac: profit.

Last week on Wednesday I got word that union negotiations are underway and I need to go to mandatory contingency training. 20 miles away. Every day. For 8 weeks. Starting monday this week. So I had to rent a vehicle.

Fucking lol.
Legendary ! :whalecum: back.
Delta in the Plac profit from now till 8 weeks from now will be larger than the rental sum.

Also what rental ?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Damn that's some luck right there. Also curious about the rental and pricing deets. Sometimes booking at a monthly rate can be significantly cheaper, but lots of people don't check. Also depending on company you might be able to sign up for their rewards program and get very close to top status with those rental days.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 pm

Fucking lol.
Goodbye :plac: profit.

:dafuq: is contingency training?
If union strikes salary workers backfill to keep the utility turned on.

They’re giving me an extra $5k to do this training so it’s all good. Plus I can get paid the mileage.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:08 am

Fucking lol.
Legendary ! :whalecum: back.
Delta in the Plac profit from now till 8 weeks from now will be larger than the rental sum.

Also what rental ?
Elantra that smells like cigarette smoke. Was either that or a Chevy spark? Or some shit. Looked like a fucking clown car.

Gonna call them bois and see if I can get a non cancer vehicle.
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 am Damn that's some luck right there. Also curious about the rental and pricing deets. Sometimes booking at a monthly rate can be significantly cheaper, but lots of people don't check. Also depending on company you might be able to sign up for their rewards program and get very close to top status with those rental days.
$9/day. Which for 3 weeks is $550. For reasons.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:59 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 am Damn that's some luck right there. Also curious about the rental and pricing deets. Sometimes booking at a monthly rate can be significantly cheaper, but lots of people don't check. Also depending on company you might be able to sign up for their rewards program and get very close to top status with those rental days.
:notbad: You got epic money for the STI an driving for another 3 weeks would cost you more so ... it was still the right move.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:01 pm

:notbad: You got epic money for the STI an driving for another 3 weeks would cost you more so ... it was still the right move.
:dat: absolutely.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:01 pm

Oh for sure. The scoobydoo payout was nuts.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 am

They’re giving me an extra $5k to do this training so it’s all good. Plus I can get paid the mileage.
Oh, that’s not bad then.
:dat:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 pm

Goodbye :plac: profit.

:dafuq: is contingency training?

Wins on wins on wins ! Good stuff
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

$9 base rate is dirt cheap for covid good job
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

So much domination in the Palooza.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Wins on wins on wins ! Good stuff
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Update on how it is having to drive again? Are you aiming for the potholes in the rental?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:00 pm Update on how it is having to drive again? Are you aiming for the potholes in the rental?
When I sold my GTI, I was glad to have a :disgust: nissan rogue "sport" for 2 weeks since the local highway is adding extra ezpass lanes and has tons of imperfections right now (left lane is the old left shoulder and endless bumps). I aim at potholes, curb hopped on back wheels like :aintcare: Since it was a 2 driver rental, it costed us over $500 for 2.25 weeks.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:00 pm Update on how it is having to drive again? Are you aiming for the potholes in the rental?
30 mins there, an hour home. Kill me.
Automatic is a lot better on the commute for sure.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 pm
Jesus, where is the training?

My drive from home to POTML has dropped from 1:20 each way to 50 min. Even in rush hour.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:07 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 pm

Jesus, where is the training?

My drive from home to POTML has dropped from 1:20 each way to 50 min. Even in rush hour.
Conshy. I76 is a mess regardless.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:07 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:42 pm

Woof.

You’d be better off riding a bike up the SRT. :lol:
In4bikecommute
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:42 pm

Woof.

Yeah I thought about it. Too early / cold / dark for that.

The classroom portion of the training is over now. So we go to on-the-job training. Basically I'm going to have to sit in my car all day in the area I'm assigned, and wait for a call from the dispatcher to go to a gas odor complaint. If I get one, I need to be there within 60 minutes or less. And since they're customer calls, they can't predict how many or when I'll get them. They also can't predict how long it will take to complete the 30 calls required for training. So it could take 2 weeks or it could take 2 months.

WTF.

Debating buying a total beater car for this. Like a $2k crangslist mismatched wheel special.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:23 am

Woof.

The classroom portion of the training is over now. So we go to on-the-job training. Basically I'm going to have to sit in my car all day in the area I'm assigned, and wait for a call from the dispatcher to go to a gas odor complaint. If I get one, I need to be there within 60 minutes or less. And since they're customer calls, they can't predict how many or when I'll get them. They also can't predict how long it will take to complete the 30 calls required for training. So it could take 2 weeks or it could take 2 months.

WTF.

Debating buying a total beater car for this. Like a $2k crangslist mismatched wheel special.

and this
https://www.amazon.com/Steering-Univers ... NrPXRydWU=

realistically I'd probably get something like this if I were you
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva ... 98532.html
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

Woof.

WTF.

Paying to spend 2 weeks or 2 months in a pos beater seems completely :wrong:

How about something fun from turo ? At least it’ll make life less miserable than 2” of C and P layers
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:37 pm

WTF.

Paying to spend 2 weeks or 2 months in a pos beater seems completely :wrong:

How about something fun from turo ? At least it’ll make life less miserable than 2” of C and P layers
:dat: I even found malipoos and versa's for 20$ a day, but I would be hesitant to go with that route when I have to park home in his area due to potential damages from :aintcare: :derp: s
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Woof.

WTF.

:disgust:

Lisa needs the CMAX daily? You can't expense the rental/mileage?

I can only assume that drivable beaters start at like $5K now... :thankstrump: