OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

4zilch wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:51 am
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:08 pm What's all this bagging leaves talk? I just run the mower over them and pulverize 'em into dust.
:dat: is what I did in Indiana.

New house doesn’t have any trees :science:

But if we did the city picks them up with the vacuum truck.
:jelly:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nice: , the city just collected my bags at least :notbad:

Dat $3K/year paying dividends.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Boss man insinuated that we don't need to do much today :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:16 am :nice: , the city just collected my bags at least :notbad:

Dat $3K/year paying dividends.
:fuckyeah:

We pay $3k/year and get nothing. Had to pay $12k in the city for them to come suck up the leaves. Michigan is :fullretard:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 am Boss man insinuated that we don't need to do much today :notbad:

I haven't heard from my boss all week. I have one meeting that I'm in right now, but nothing really to do...just a "check in" type with 45 people on the call.

Really looking forward to chilling over the next few days. Our friends escaping their 20+ person family thanksgiving gatherings are coming up this afternoon. :excited:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:25 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 am Boss man insinuated that we don't need to do much today :notbad:

I haven't heard from my boss all week. I have one meeting that I'm in right now, but nothing really to do...just a "check in" type with 45 people on the call.

Really looking forward to chilling over the next few days. Our friends escaping their 20+ person family thanksgiving gatherings are coming up this afternoon. :excited:
:nice: that sounds like fun.

I definitely need the time off from :disgust: work.

Normally some old friends are around town for Thanksgiving and it is some good :drunk: time, but unfortunately that is out this year, so mostly chillin' with a couple of aforementioned family things.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:37 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:25 am

:nice: that sounds like fun.

I definitely need the time off from :disgust: work.

Normally some old friends are around town for Thanksgiving and it is some good :drunk: time, but unfortunately that is out this year, so mostly chillin' with a couple of aforementioned family things.
We really don't see many people. Our friends coming up are some of the only we've hung out with since March since we all take the virus equally serious.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

10% bonus on our next paycheck just announced by the board. Fuck yes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice:
Mine indicated we'll all get out early today.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I’m hoping to get cut loose early, but not expecting it.
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am 10% bonus on our next paycheck just announced by the board. Fuck yes.
wap

Took Monday off. 5 day weekend coming up.
razr390

wap wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:50 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am 10% bonus on our next paycheck just announced by the board. Fuck yes.
The more I work here the more I realize our bennies are :fuckyeah: even tho we aren’t the highest paying compared to other industries.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:02 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:50 am

The more I work here the more I realize our bennies are :fuckyeah: even tho we aren’t the highest paying compared to other industries.
Look at bennies as part of the overall compensation package :doe:
Sounds like you're doing quite well.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:50 am Took Monday off. 5 day weekend coming up.
I did the same!

Closing on houses :doe: , so it'll be quite a bit of running around, but will be relaxing through Saturday thankfully.
ChrisoftheNorth

:impressive: That's awesome man.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:29 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:50 am Took Monday off. 5 day weekend coming up.
I did the same!

Closing on houses :doe: , so it'll be quite a bit of running around, but will be relaxing through Saturday thankfully.
Oof. But it'll be worth it :doe: . That will be a 5/7 Monday for other reasons. :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That is quite generous.

:plac: profit!

My employer gave us "Thanksgiving on them" AKA a $75 gift card to a grocery store or Honeybaked Ham. I ended up opting to donate mine to Feeding America :ohwell:

That would be dope to get a bonus but given I'm in sales... :yeahok: At least we are getting our 401K match back, it's been suspended since April, they are dumping the full amount in in January. I'm glad I kept contributing.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:29 pm
I did the same!

Oof. But it'll be worth it :doe: . That will be a 5/7 Monday for other reasons. :like:
Oh big time...finally getting all this settled will feel outstanding. Been a long 3 months it seems.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:39 pm

That is quite generous.

My employer gave us "Thanksgiving on them" AKA a $75 gift card to a grocery store or Honeybaked Ham. I ended up opting to donate mine to Feeding America :ohwell:

That would be dope to get a bonus but given I'm in sales... :yeahok: At least we are getting our 401K match back, it's been suspended since April, they are dumping the full amount in in January. I'm glad I kept contributing.
That's cool they gave you the card and the option to donate it. 5/7 on them...I got nothing. Not even a "happy t-day" from the boss type thing...but I'm OK with that because he's an asshole and it's a gift to not deal with him.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:55 pm

That is quite generous.

That's cool they gave you the card and the option to donate it. 5/7 on them...I got nothing. Not even a "happy t-day" from the boss type thing...but I'm OK with that because he's an asshole and it's a gift to not deal with him.
Yep my company gives 0 fucks but they did give us 3 days “off” this week
razr390

That is quite generous.

We also got a $75 thanksgiving dinner gift card. Our 10% bonus is actually 7% because we got a mid year bonus of 3%.

All in all, really grateful to be in this situation given al the craziness going on in the world.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:55 pm
You got 3 days? :impressive:

We're supposed to get Thursday and Friday, but we need to be "on call" on Friday in case "things come up", and they likely will :rolleyes:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:

That is quite generous.

:impressive:

Every one of y'all seems to be in a better place than here, as usual. Salaries still reduced, 401k match is not coming back, no bonuses, no carrying vacation time into 2021, and they're pushing hard for everyone to get back into the office - 90% are back already. You get nothing, good day sir.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:01 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:59 pm
You got 3 days? :impressive:

We're supposed to get Thursday and Friday, but we need to be "on call" on Friday in case "things come up", and they likely will :rolleyes:
I am always on call. But, if I can’t do something for obvious reasons (out with family and no laptop) then they call someone else on our team across the country. It has never been overwhelming for me, especially considering my field. Some people would prefer not to be bothered, but I know whenever I get called it’s not for BS reasons but something that is truly an emergency, so I handle it whenever possible