OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:43 am To be clear, that bullshit meme is made with a U.S. fire map.

All you have to do is look at a Canadian one and... Shocker! They are having the same issue we are.

http://globalnews.ca/news/7286199/b-c-w ... -map-2020/
THANK YOU
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:30 pm I nominate Troy for taking over DFD.

After all, it’s purple.
FWIW I'd give Troy the domain for free and step back as an admin today. I trust his judgement implicitly.
That's not a gift, it's an obligation!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pm Did we lose 2 members to policing this year ? I mean the whole point is there aren’t that many of us left.

This forum Has maybe 8-10 active users. To have 2/3 police their opinions on others is not right imo. Yes obviously I can stop posting and leave as others have, but I do value whatever we have left here, for now.

But that dwindles every day when people disappear
They left of their own accord, and not from policing.
Brad also left other social circles recently, so this wasn't an isolated incident.
:dat:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm And one last FWIW, if someone doesn't take me up on this then bitches about how we are doing things, I'll have absolutely no sympathy. It's like people who don't vote then complain about politics.
I have no problem with you being King Douchebag.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm And one last FWIW, if someone doesn't take me up on this then bitches about how we are doing things, I'll have absolutely no sympathy. It's like people who don't vote then complain about politics.
What’s the cost ?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

If Max takes over I'll be banned day one.
I'll still vote yes.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:30 pm If Max takes over I'll be banned day one.
I'll still vote yes.
You would not
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:29 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:23 pm

What’s the cost ?
Negotiable of course. GoDaddy values the domain at about $400 which jives with what offers have come in for it occasionally (VERY occasionally) over the years. I wouldn't ask or expect a member to pay that much.

All admins would have to agree as well.
That’s the issue, there are so few of us out here. And once “someone else” takes over the current set of admins will Stop posting negating any attrition gains to be had by being more lenient about the current police state.

Edit:Spelling sucks on the phone
Last edited by max225 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I just liked it better when we told each other we were wrong for liking a particular car.

Golf Rs are boring.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:40 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm I just liked it better when we told each other we were wrong for liking a particular car.

Golf Rs are boring.
At least it's not a Ford.
You've had literally both those things.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 pm Also, FWIW... I'm not going to get involved in drama on here. But I don't think censorship belongs on a forum that was created to be about nothing. I think it will ultimately drive people away and kill the forum. We are like 20 people, for every few that leave, the place will become more dead and eventually nothing.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

I can filter on my own and decide what I agree/disagree with and engage in myself.
I will agree with the above two posts.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm I just liked it better when we told each other we were wrong for liking a particular car.

Golf Rs are boring.
:notwrong:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:40 pm

Golf Rs are boring.
At least it's not a Ford.
:dat: also no more car offerings in the current NA market other than the mustang and its variants :hue:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I would also happily take over DFD and pay the few bucks/month required and allow freedom of speech.

I would not pay $400, nor would I want to see the likes of [user not found] and [user not found] abandon the forum though.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Golf Rs are boring.
:notwrong:
Sir, We do not talk like that here :howdareu:

*while stroking the dash of my mexican built Golf
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

FWIW, :melon: eluded to it earlier, the issue isn't really debate, it's how we debate, and we're all probably guilty of it at one time or another.

Debating theory with different data sources (assuming they aren't made up) or different interpretations of the the same data can be productive.
"Debating" with memes, meh
"Debating" someone's real data by calling them a fucking idiot :gtfo:
"Debating" someones fake data by calling them a fucking idiot :ohwell:

I'd also argue that the majority of people that have left, or become less active over the years have less to do with Covid/global warming/political debates and more to do with the general doom and gloom, and :wrong: this forum has always had.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:54 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:51 pm:

I'd also argue that the majority of people that have left, or become less active over the years have less to do with Covid/global warming/political debates and more to do with the general doom and gloom, and :wrong: this forum has always had.
When I disappear for months at a time it is always for this reason.
And you and others will do exactly that once someone takes over who doesn’t agree with your opinions
razr390

DEFUND THE DFD POLICE!*

*My opinion and not objective fact derived from science pls don’t ban.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:54 pm

When I disappear for months at a time it is always for this reason.
And you and others will do exactly that once someone takes over who doesn’t agree with your opinions
Same thing I've always done.

I'd be happy to allow muting on some people.
razr390

Honestly it does make me :sad:

I think we were all adults here and for fucks sake even though it wasn’t a matter of science/memes/conspiracy theories we have all at one point or another been in disputes and disagreements/fights even getting PERSONAL against one another here and we chalk it up to another day at the office and once the next day comes around we are completely fine with one another.

If people want to leave on their own accord fine. But this forum was started as a for the lolz and borderline satirical in name and execution and it has maintained and even grown in some aspects. However recently it just sucks.

Vote for Pedro.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:02 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm DEFUND THE DFD POLICE!*

*My opinion and not objective fact derived from science pls don’t ban.
No no no super fund is to make us go away as police
Let your wife run it. She is a “social worker” (psychologist).
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:51 pm FWIW, :melon: eluded to it earlier, the issue isn't really debate, it's how we debate, and we're all probably guilty of it at one time or another.

Debating theory with different data sources (assuming they aren't made up) or different interpretations of the the same data can be productive.

It really does come down to this.

More often than not, I see members being insulted, berated, or bullied over subjective opinions.
This is nothing new and has been a plight of DFD well before COVID.

A lot of these issues existed beforehand, and have only been exposed/exacerbated by the heightened situation.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:06 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:03 pm Honestly it does make me :sad:

I think we were all adults here and for fucks sake even though it wasn’t a matter of science/memes/conspiracy theories we have all at one point or another been in disputes and disagreements/fights even getting PERSONAL against one another here and we chalk it up to another day at the office and once the next day comes around we are completely fine with one another.
This is the disconnect. That's for helping me articulate it. As the "bank" for DFD; a post, by default, is endorsed by me. As I have grown, I'm not comfortable doing that anymore with a vast array of topics. If someone takes over that bank role, I'll have a different relationship with it.
Different relationship = posting dark humor, wife nudes and hidden meat spin links? Sign me the fuck up
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:51 pm FWIW, :melon: eluded to it earlier, the issue isn't really debate, it's how we debate, and we're all probably guilty of it at one time or another.

Don’t label me. I’m just busy.
:therapist:
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm
To be honest, I'll probably be around more if I didn't feel the pressure of literally paying for each post I have a moral issue with.

You guys have a VERY different relationship with this place than I do, simply because of the financial piece.
Yeah this is quite interesting. Until today I figured it was paid for by :jesus: of Nazareth and the Virgin Mary.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.